Because I'm your number one supporter

Sugar Cake

happy wenrene day!

---

 

“Seungwan, turn up the AC.”

There is no reply from the other side.

With an annoyed groan because her precious sleep after a whole overtime working at her workplace got disturbed from feeling cold, she turned around only to find the side of the bed being covered in a blanket with no one inside.

Her parted sleepy eyes analysed the way the blanket being placed tidily like the person who was supposed to be inside slipped off the bed carefully so she wouldn’t wake her up. There is no sight of her phone being placed on top of the nightstand, only hers and the remote to control the AC’s temperature.

The pair of orbs moved to the direction of the door, finding there are streams of soft lights in between the gap, followed by a hushed cheer and sounds of man commentating about stuff.

Joohyun groaned once again as she pulled the blanket over her head. Cursing Seungwan inside her mind because of her dumb liking and how fanatic she is for a certain sport.

Tonight is football night. That means her girlfriend will obviously watch the game and will never miss it even a second.

Sometimes Joohyun doesn’t understand her obsession for the sport that looks so boring in her eyes. Only people running for the ball just to kick it inside a net formed like a box on top of the green synthetic grass.

With ridiculous rules too, like how come that person was only running for the ball yet the referee raised a flag like it was a warning?

With a forced newfound motivation, she pulled herself up and slipped off from the bed, wearing her slippers sleepily before strutting her way out from soon to be unoccupied bedroom.

There is Seungwan. Eyes focused to the TV screen showing men scattered around the field with a ball in one of their legs, clothed in two different pairs of clothing to show which team they are, per Seungwan explanation when Joohyun asked about it when she watched the game for the first time.

“Did I wake you up?”

Joohyun wasn’t answering, and she knew Seungwan wouldn’t bother her to answer because the woman immediately focused back on the game like her life depended on the result. Body leaning forward to close the gap with the screen as her wild dark brown eyes move left and right following the movement of the ball.

With a defeated sigh, she trudged her legs forwards to the kitchen. Making a cup of hot tea for Seungwan to accompany her during the game and a mug filled with water for herself to wash down the dry feeling in .

It’s an unspeakable habit of hers whenever she wakes up in the middle of the night and Seungwan was already deep with the midnight football game presented by the TV. It’s not like her girlfriend asked for it once in the past even.

It’s just a personal trait of hers to brew a mug of hot tea whenever she got some work to do in the middle of the night, since Joohyun can’t drink coffee. And she thought maybe she could pass the habit down to Seungwan, even though the latter never even leaves the sofa once the game started, and it’s always Joohyun who brews her a mug of tea for her to enjoy while watching the game.

Seungwan whispered down a small thank you once Joohyun put the tea at the coffee table in front of her. Eyes still completely locked to the game as her hand reached the handle of the mug, sipping the hot tea carefully after she blew the steam off gently.

“Earl grey?”

“We ran out of tea. Remind me in the morning to buy some of it on the way back from work.”

The brunette only let out a soft hum. Didn’t bother to let out another sentence as she chose to focus back on the game.

She stands behind her. Body leaning forward to the head of the couch as she scanned the view presented in front of her. One of them is wearing blue and the other is wearing stripes red and white. The score is 1 – 0.

“Which team is winning?”

“The blue jersey one.”

Noting at how happy her tone is when she said that, Joohyun assumed it must be her favourite team who are in the lead.

Since the game is pretty boring in her eyes, she chose to retreat back to their bedroom. Didn’t forget to remind Seungwan to also get a sleep after the game was done, which only answered by her in a silent nod.

Making her can’t help but let the tired sigh escape out from her lips.

She was just about to close her eyes and go back to the dreamland when she heard a small joyous scream coming from the outside. How Seungwan repetitively preaches the word ‘goal’ as if it’s the only prayer of the night.

A soft scoff resonance around the bedroom, too weak to overpower the small cheers coming from the living room. She can imagine how happy Seungwan will be in the morning because her favourite team just bagged a definite win tonight.

Showering her with kisses to wake her up, making a quite fancy breakfast for both of them, sometimes preparing her a mug of hot tea to help her get through the day alongside a fresh black coffee she usually drinks. Just the repetitive things she always gets if tonight is a good night.

And no, she wasn’t complaining. She’s beyond grateful for it.

15 minutes later, she felt a dip right at the other side of the bed, alongside a small hum filled with excitement and happiness, before a gentle kiss on her forehead being the second last thing that she did as she got ready to join her back to sleep.

“Good night, Hyun,” whispered Seungwan softly as she hugs her from behind and settles her face on Joohyun’s nape, catching up with the sleep.

She just can’t help but to find it funny that Seungwan just bid her a good night when in one hour, they will both wake up by the help of the annoying alarm to start the new day.

---

Joohyun still does not understand how come Seungwan’s whole mood can be decided from the result that her favourite team get after the game they just played. Especially when they experience the word Joohyun rarely encounters in her life.

Losing.

It’s such a tough situation for her in the morning if the team loses on their usual late night game, because Seungwan will start the day as sulky as she can be.

Face laced with gloom and darkness as she stepped out from the bathroom after taking her fresh shower. Walking with the obvious lack of energy and motivation inside her limbs to the dining table. Slowly eating her breakfast and almost didn’t touching the pitch black coffee Joohyun voluntarily made as if it was mocking her for her inability to make coffee well enough as her.

“Eat, Seungwan. Don’t just play with the food,” scolded Joohyun when she saw Seungwan mindlessly stabbing the innocent scrambled egg presented on top of the white plate in front of her.

The called out woman only let out a defeated sigh, releasing the fork out from her grasp as she leaned her heavy back to the chair. Looking at the food but no sign from her to continue eating again.

And this frustrates Joohyun. “Come on, Seungwan. I haven't even seen you take a bite yet.”

“I already took a bite.”

“Then another.”

“I’m not in the mood.”

At this kind of time, Joohyun needs to remind herself that she is currently handling a fully grown woman who acts like a child throwing a tantrum. “Your favourite team lost. How hard is it for you to just accept the fact?”

Seungwan looked at her like she had grown a horn on top of her head. “Our top spot is in danger because of this result!”

How Joohyun needs to hold back her scoff when Seungwan positioned herself as if she was part of the football team. “So? There will be another game. It’s not like their chance to have another win has closed yet.”

The woman in front of her clicked her tongue. “You just don’t understand!”

In an instant, the annoyed glare Joohyun sported for her went dark. Expression became cold and grim as she stood up while holding her dirty plate in tow.

“Yeah, maybe I don’t understand that stuff. What I understand is how my ‘girlfriend’ refused to eat her favourite breakfast just because her favourite team lost when I’m trying to take care of her from here since she can’t go through a day if she didn’t eat something. Turns out my efforts are being paid by dust.”

Joohyun immediately left her after that, and didn't bother to check her expression after she snapped out of anger. She the tap water as she released her deep sigh, trying to calm herself and cooling down the bubbling anger inside. Grabbing the sponge layered in soap as she started to wash her dirty plate.

A helpful mechanism for her to go back to the rational side.

She was halfway done washing the dirty dishes when she felt a small tug on her back. Feeling someone the same stature as her looming behind her with her warmth gently searing her skin in comfort.

“Joohyun?”

The called one refused to answer.

Her ears picked up a shaky sigh from behind. “Joohyun… I’m sorry.”

The raven still didn’t say a word.

“It’s… been too much lately I guess, with my work. And last night's result just blew everything up. I’m sorry that I spilled everything on you when you were just trying to take care of me.”

She ignored the apology. “Why didn’t you tell me anything?”

Maybe Joohyun secretly has a superpower, but she can sense how Seungwan hesitates to tell her. Even when she still turns her back on her.

“You looked busy… and I don’t want to disturb you or add your problems with mine.”

Now the guilt has dawned upon her.

She felt her arms slither around her waist, perfectly fit like it was meant to be placed there. Her front flushed against her back as her chin tucked softly on her shoulder. Can feel the form of her face on her fabric covered skin.

“I’m sor-“

“You do realize that I do that because I care about you, right?”

Seungwan didn’t respond, nor did she expect her to.

“I told you, Seungwan,” she sighed, “whenever you have problems with your work or with your favourite football game or with your everything, always tell me. Even when I look like I was busy with my own stuff. I know you mean nice and well, but we already promised to share about anything, including this kind of stuff. And I know you still remember what happened the last time this kind of thing happened.”

She felt her face buried deeper on her shoulder, hands tightening its hold on her waist. Joohyun opted to put her palm on top of hers, and change the topic.

“Have you finished your breakfast?”

“Only half of it.”

Joohyun gently pries off her hold from her, turning around to look her in the eyes filled with regret and guilt. Hands cupping her face gently as she levels their glance.

“It’s a hard new step, but I’m here to guide you and I didn’t ask you to take a huge leap immediately. I just want you to try taking a small step and ask for my help when you think you need one, okay?”

Seungwan silently nods from her asking, leaning against her gentle touch as she seeks for the comfort provided by her girlfriend. Joohyun her cheek for a while, to help her calm her nerves down before she leaned forward to give her pouting lips a quick kiss.

“Now erase that ugly pout of yours. We got a whole day to handle.”

Her small chuckle was enough for her to flash her a smile. Widening the curve made by her lips when she caught a soft thank you leave Seungwan’s throat, sounds thankful enough for her to approve.

After all, seeing her face brightened a bit already made her content.

---

Sometimes Joohyun can’t help but to hate that bloody game to guts. Especially when it was the reason her ual needs were being blocked.

There are just days when she wants more than a casual physical contact from Seungwan. Just days when she wants to savour her and tasting her and feeling her by the help of her fingertips and her lips. When she wants to express her love more than she usually did with a peck on the lips and a sudden hug.

They were casually watching a movie randomly played by Seungwan to accompany them enjoying the dinner ordered from a cheap Chinese take-out restaurant, when suddenly the movie played a rated scene and the other hunger inside her started to brew into something more.

Maybe it’s because the stressing workload started to pile on her system, or maybe it’s been a while since the last time her ual hunger was being satisfied, Joohyun doesn’t want to know. What her mind knows is to just grabbed Seungwan’s face and pulled her into an intimate kiss filled with want and lust.

She even managed to move and sit on her lap. Pulling her close like she can only live by having her close against herself. Can’t get enough of her usual scent that usually comforts her but this time just making the lust inside build up quick. Letting out a primal groan when she felt her palm sneaks their way inside her oversized t-shirt and comfortably putting her blazing palm on top of the skin of her waist.

Joohyun pulled her closer, giving her signals that she wanted something more tonight. Something linked with wild activity on top of the bed and them being equally as a newborn baby. And Seungwan caught the signal perfectly, making her sure that she will get it tonight.

Only for her to be disappointed when Seungwan forced herself to pull back from their fierce kiss. Caught the sorry between the storm of lust inside her eyes. Watching how she bit her full bottom lip in a way that was far from trying to be enticing when she noticed the confused expression covering Joohyun’s beautiful face.

It was like she got caught in the act and she can’t say anything but a simple sorry.

“Can we, uh, do this tomorrow night?”

Joohyun only furrowed her eyebrows deeper, didn't say a word but Seungwan once again can read her perfectly, making her let out a wince layered with apology.

“There’s a football game tonight and-“

“What the , Seungwan?” hissed Joohyun in anger as she pried herself away immediately from her girlfriend, who immediately stood up to defend her reasoning.

“It’s an important game and I can’t-“

“ you and your dumb obsession with that ing boring game!”

Seungwan only watched her stomping away towards their bedroom in silence, didn’t make any effort to reach her and calm her anger. Silently accepting her punishment in defeat when Joohyun gave her last ultimatum of the night.

“Don’t you dare step inside this bedroom and sleep with me tonight! Just go and indulge your first girlfriend! After all, I'm always being the second in this relationship!”

Well, that goes her night getting pussyblocked because of a dumb game.

But the guilt started to build up inside her as the night went on. She did realize she was overreacting with the turned down. Being too indulged with her emotion, her brain just can’t be rational as her anger takes over her system and controls everything that came out from her lips.

Joohyun let out a groan laced with guilt as she buried herself inside the blanket that smells painfully like her and Seungwan, making her mind keep reminding her about the painful words she said at her out of a spur moment of her ual needs wasn’t being satisfied.

Well, it’s too late for her to take it back now. Trying to ignore the heavy feeling burdening her heart with guilt, she tried to sleep it off as she forced her eyes to close and wait until sleep started to kick inside her system.

But sleep never came, resulting in her just laying down on bed with closed eyes while her soul screaming in awake.

And Seungwan maybe also noticed it when she carefully stepped inside their bedroom and immediately attacked her with soft kisses everywhere. She was hesitant in the beginning, but became more daring and confident enough to shower her more when she didn’t see any resistance coming from her.

Groaning as she turned to lay on her back, she let Seungwan pull away the blanket covering her body before positioning herself on top of her. Expertly keeping their lips staying linked in a kiss that quickly turns into something feverish and things that she quickly recognizes.

She can’t help but to notice how her moves and kisses were sloppier and more demanding than usual. How her touches manage to make her shiver and she needs to bite her bottom lip to prevent her moan from escaping from when Seungwan reaches the sensitive point of her neck.

“You are in a good mood,” sighed Joohyun in contentment, almost forgetting the budding guilt that still resides inside her heart.

“My team just won,” muttered Seungwan in a deep voice, almost sounding like a low growl and it made Joohyun close her thigh when her core started to twinkle in excitement.

The raven flashed her an apologetic smirk before she pulled her face up to receive the unsaid apology, with Seungwan caught it perfectly in between the fire of lust covering her eyes as she kissed the corner of the smirk to let her know that she accepted the apology. Pulling back slightly to discard the shirt she currently wears and throw it carelessly to the floor, uncaring if it ended up somewhere far.

“Let me satisfy you,” whispered Seungwan before she worked her magic to her body.

Did she say she hates the boring game earlier? Well, please ignore her statement and act like that was never being stated before.

Not when Seungwan turn into her most iest and wild side on bed everytime they have after her beloved team just won. Driving her crazy and almost keeping her up all night by how worked up she is just from a mere win.

Joohyun can never understand that. What she can understand is how Seungwan will be satisfied like never before and no, she wasn’t complaining.

She loves it a lot.

---

Today is Seungwan’s birthday, and the simple celebration feels more nerve wracking than the previous.

They always have a nice dinner at their home everytime one of them is celebrating a birthday, and today is no exception. Joohyun already prepared a nice candlelit dinner in the centre of their living room. Already decorated their place with simple and easy decoration like how they usually prepare with name balloons and scattered flower petals.

Nothing screams different, if Joohyun needs to be honest. Well, except her much fancier dress that she currently wears but something keeping her on her toes, and it has something to do with the present kept inside a small and long box she already covered with a gift wrap.

She takes a careful sip of her wine as she tries to wash off the nerve away from her system, eyeing the tteokbokki she bought and the steak she personally seared for their annual birthday dinner. Doublechecking them to see if it has something making her unsatisfied from how it was being presented, when she knows it was only for her to keep being distracted from the present.

This is something that she will never do to her previous lovers, and here she is, doing this whole length just for Seungwan. Saving up her income for almost a whole year just to buy the precious present for her to give to Seungwan.

Her back straightened when she heard the sound of the door unlocking, followed by Seungwan’s soft greeting before she stepped inside the living room where the surprise lies.

The sparkle in her eyes gave Joohyun a notice that she was surprised with today’s celebration of her birthday. “A bit fancy today?”

Joohyun shrugged, trying to mask her nervousness while taking a sip of the wine. “I got off from work earlier than usual.”

It’s better to not tell Seungwan that she purposefully took a day off from her job just to prepare for her birthday’s dinner.

Seungwan can only chuckle from her response. Coming to her and giving her a brief kiss on top of the head before she retreated to their bedroom to change into a proper uniform to celebrate her birthday. And Joohyun can only nod as she watches her leave her alone in the middle of their place.

The grip around the box tightened, making it feel heavier than it's supposed to be inside her grasp.

Her dinner goes well like usual. Both of them talking about everything apart from their work, joking around like how they did on dates at the beginning of their relationship. Seungwan manages to catch her laugh sometimes but Joohyun can’t help being a bit silent that night.

She thought she got that covered. But of course Seungwan noticed it.

“You are a bit silent today,” stated Seungwan softly, carefully threading the topic like she doesn’t want to make Joohyun angry. “Is there something wrong?”

Joohyun finished her wine in one gulp, ignoring the glance of worried Seungwan threw at her as she put the box tied with a ribbon on top of the table and pushed it towards her girlfriend.

“Happy birthday.”

The raven barely heard the excitement inside Seungwan’s voice as she whispered a thank you before kissing her palm, almost missing the words of ‘you don’t have to do this’ said by Seungwan as she opened her present.

Because she can only focus on the expression on her face right now. Body becoming rigid when the happiness falters the moment she saw what was the present inside.

It was tickets. Tickets to watch a football game live at the stadium and also a pair of plane tickets with the destination where the stadium was located. The stadium that is a home for Seungwan’s favourite team.

“I know you have never watched their game live before, and I know how much you wanted to see them ever since our first date. So I gave you this as the present,” explained Joohyun softly, watching how Seungwan took out the ticket from the box and looked at it with a blank expression. She bit her bottom lip, waiting for her comments that come much later than she likes.

“This is,” Seungwan gulped, “real.”

“Yeah. My co-worker helped me with booking the tickets actually, because I don’t know where to get it,” chuckled Joohyun thick with nervousness. “Do you… like it?”

Seungwan silently put back the present box on the table, before leaving her seat and walking towards where Joohyun was located. Joohyun, who was confused with everything, stood up and was ready to follow her only for the latter to pull her into a tight hug.

“S-Seungwan?” asked Joohyun, hugging her back even though she was still confused with her reaction. Does she love the present? What if Seungwan actually doesn’t want it at all?

She didn’t expect to get a weak whisper of ‘thank you’, a bit muffled in her ears because her lips were pressed into her shoulder. She also realized that the woman in her arms was actually trembling while she felt a droplet of tears land gently on her shoulder, wetting the dress she wore on this kind of occasion.

Joohyun laughed as she hugged her tighter. Trying to calm her down before pulling herself away from her grasp as she wipes away the fallen tears smearing her cheeks with her thumbs. Trying to look straight into her glassy eyes who were refusing to land their gaze at hers.

“Come on, Seungwan. Look at me, please?”

It took her a while until the woman currently weeping in front of her finally locked her sight into her orbs. Letting Joohyun keep wiping her tears as she tried to hold back the grateful sob. “T-thank you so much… I-I don’t know how-“

“Shush, I didn’t ask a payback from you when I decided to give you this as a present,” smiled Joohyun gently. “I did it because I know how football makes you happy, and I’m just grateful that they are giving you your deserved happiness.”

But the woman kept crying. “No one has ever done this type of length to me before… T-they always pushed aside my liking to football and I-I grow used to that. Now you are giving me this because it makes me happy, it really means a lot to me.”

“That is the least I can do to you, Seungwan,” giggled Joohyun, leaning forward to kiss her forehead softly.

She ignored the muffled ‘you did too much’ when Seungwan wiped her own tears by herself, leaning forward to capture her lips into a gentle kiss as she whispered directly above the pair. Making Joohyun smile into the kiss and allowing Seungwan to pull her again into a hug.

“Thank you for the best present I have ever got. I love you so much, Joohyun. Really, thank you a lot.”

“Because I’m your number one supporter, Seungwan. And I will always be that for you. I love you too.”

 

---

this is just a brain fart of mine that's why it's short sksksksk anyway i hope you enjoy it! thank you for reading this chapter!