(Un)Faithful

Sugar Cake

She stopped the alarm the moment she woke up. The sunlight that seeping through the glass pours towards her body, make her looks so angelic in the morning. She immediately cleans up her bed and going into a position of doing her usual morning routine, the morning prayers.

Joohyun has always been a religious kid. She grows up in a religious Protestant family. She loves God so much. There is not a day she didn’t think about His grace and kindness towards her every day.

She even joined the Christian Club at her campus, being one of the most important people in there, the president of the club. Her childhood best friend, Kang Seulgi, became her trusted vice-president. There is not a day her life is not devoted to Him.

Until now.

When a certain blondie with a small figure, always brings her guitar everywhere, came to wreck her life.

Son Seungwan, the famous prodigy at Music major. The energetic, friendly, and kind person who easily make people adore her. The one who always brings sunshine wherever she goes. The one who always gave people her famous big smile. The one who easily makes her way through Joohyun’s heart.

She shook her head, trying to throw away Seungwan from her mind. No, she can’t fall in love with a woman. It’s sinful. He didn’t like it at all. And the last thing Joohyun wants to do is for God to hate her and threw her to hell.

Unfortunately, God really loves to play with His faithful followers. Today is English class. The only class where Joohyun can see or meet Seungwan. And they will have a group assignment.

“The group will only have 2 members. And I already make it. I will not accept any disagreement about this. I don’t care if I partnered you up with your enemy or your crush. As long as you all do your task, then I don’t see any problem in it,” said Mrs. Kim, the English teacher.

Joohyun unconsciously took a deep breath, trying to calm down. There are approximately 50 students in the class. The chance for her to partner up with Seungwan is so little. This thought made her calmed down a bit.

“Group 19. Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan!”

Joohyun already pale face became much paler than usual. She saw Seungwan currently walking to her direction. She closed her eyes, praying to Him. Hoping He can hear her deepest voice inside her heart.

God, please, I humbly beg you to take me out from this situation. I will do anything to serve you. Just please, help me from this situation.

“Hello!”

A bright voice interrupting her prayers. Joohyun looked up, which quickly become her worst decision. Cause her smile was so blinding it makes her heart warmed up.

“I’m Seungwan! Let’s partnered up, Joohyun!”

--

A curtain completely blocked the morning sun to seep through the dark room. The walls completely filled with musician posters, whether is a soloist or even a metal band. Trophies scattered on the desk. Album completely tucked inside a mini bookshelf. One look at a room and you already know whose room it is.

A music enthusiast room.

Suddenly, a woman comes inside the room. She makes her face in disgust, looking at how gross her friend room is.

“Goddammit. That’s why no one survives to live with her as a roommate,” she grumbled, walking towards a certain person who sprawled on the bed.

Deciding not to wake her up in a normal way, she walks to the curtain and uncovers the window in a harsh way, making the sleeping figure flinched.

“Close it, dammit! There’s a reason why I bought a curtain in the first place,” she protested, covering herself with a blanket.

The woman who disturbs her sleep come to her, and pulled the blanket that covered her body. Making the figure on the bed open her eyes. “Sooyoung, another 15 minutes. I just slept at 2 a.m. in the morning.”

“Wake up, you lazy piece of . I’m not wasting my time not having breakfast with my girlfriend just for you to go to sleep again,” Sooyoung snickered.

Seungwan frowned. “It’s not good to wake someone up in such a rude way.”

“Do I look like I ing care?”

Seungwan unwillingly brought herself up. “What time is it?”

“Exactly 30 minutes before your English class start.”

Seungwan immediately woke up and rushed to the bathroom. “Why you didn’t wake me up earlier?!”

“Well maybe if you starting to use your alarm like their real purpose, you won’t need my help!” Sooyoung protested. “And also don’t forget to say thank you to Yerim for making me to get you when I can eat breakfast with her peacefully!”

“I will never say thank you to both devil and satan in my whole life!” Seungwan screamed from the bathroom.

Sooyoung cursed quietly. “Seriously, what so special with English class? You already spent almost all of your life in Canada, why need to re-learn about it.”

Seungwan got out of the bathroom. Sooyoung at this point doesn’t even bother to questions why she spent such a short time inside the bathroom. Seungwan reaches her cupboard, pulling out fresh clothes. “Because there is an angel sent by God to the English class.”

Sooyoung frowned. “I didn’t recall you believe in God.”

“I didn’t believe in religion. Not God.”

“You are really that whipped towards that woman, huh?”

Seungwan grinned. “Who wouldn’t? Damn Sooyoung, no one can match how ethereal she looks. How she shines when she walks. And when she smiles, I thought the Sun got jobless.”

“Even me? The y dynamite?”

“Yeah. Even you.”

“I hate you,” Sooyoung deadpanned. “But you do realize that she is maybe the most religious person I’ve ever known. She’s out of your league, Seungwan. Wake up.”

Seungwan frowned. “You never know when you’re not even trying yet.”

Sooyoung sighed. She really hates when Seungwan already this stubborn. Nothing can go inside those annoying brain of her at this point. “I and Yerim warned you already. We don’t want you to come to us crying like a baby just because she rejects you.”

“Yeah, I know,” Seungwan said with a dismissed gesture. She slings her bag and her guitar. “Let’s go! I’m already hungry.”

Sooyoung deadpanned. “It’s 5 minutes before your class. And Yerim already ditching us and go to her Biology class. Forget about your stomach or I swear to God.”

The class is almost full, and there is no sight of Mrs. Kim yet. Seungwan sighed and went inside the class to her usual sitting place. She scanned the whole class until her eyes stopped at someone.

Bae Joohyun. A person which Seungwan believe is a goddess sent by God. A person who completely snatched her heart when she just sat at the school park bench, talking with her best friend, a certain mono-lid girl which Seungwan believe her name is Kang Seulgi.

She put her arm on the desk, and leaned her hand onto her palm, enjoying Joohyun side profile that was basked with soft morning lights, making her really look like an angel. Seungwan happily sighed, until someone ruined the moment.

“Could you please, be quiet for a moment,” Seungwan said, annoyed with the person beside her.

She followed Seungwan gaze earlier and looking at her in a weird gaze. “You know she’s literally untouchable, don’t you?”

Seungwan rolled her eyes. “Sooyoung and Yerim already warned me. And please not you too.”

“Even the devil and her right hand already spoken and you still want to pursue her?”

“Chaeyoung, look. I know, okay? But I’m not the type to retreat when I’m not even trying it yet. You out of all people knew this,” Seungwan sighed harshly.

Chaeyoung shrugged. “Okay, then. By the way, Taeyeon-unnie told us to meet her after the Music class.”

Seungwan frowned. “For?”

“Dunno. Probably for the big event this month.”

“Hmm, okay.”

Mrs. Kim finally went inside the class and announcing their group task that consists of 2 people. Seungwan immediately closed her eyes and latched her hands together. Chaeyoung that took a seat beside her watching her with confusion clearly seen from her eyes. “What are you doing?” she asked.

“Praying. Shush, I’m concentrating.”

Chaeyoung just shrugged. Letting Seungwan do whatever she wants.

God, I know I rarely praying to you. But please, please make Bae Joohyun as my partner. I’m begging you.

“Group 19! Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan!”

“Hell yeah!” Seungwan suddenly screamed and get up from her seat, making Chaeyoung flinched.

“Goddamnit Son Seungwan calms the down,” Chaeyoung grumbled.

“Oh God thank you so much for answering my prayers. I finally can start my movement to get closer to the angel!”

Once Mrs. Kim told them to go to their partner, Seungwan immediately grabbed her bag and guitar and immediately slings it onto her small frame of a body. With a bright smile, giddy from excitement, she approaches Joohyun.

She saw her closing her eyes. Her face seems so calm and so serene right now, making her heart suddenly filled with warmth. She decided to greet her.

“Hello!” Seungwan greeted, with her wide smile, can’t contain the happiness inside.

Joohyun opened her eyes, revealing her dark brown orbs that seem blank right now. But Seungwan is too blinded with love to realize it.

“I’m Son Seungwan! Let’s partnered up, Joohyun!”

--

Joohyun locked up herself inside her own room once the English class finished. She still didn’t believe why she needs to agree with Seungwan plans.

“So, we need to review one of the classic English literature pieces,” Joohyun said with a low voice. Thank God Seungwan has a good hearing, she nods after Joohyun.

“Yup! Did you have good English skill?” Seungwan asked with a hint of curiosity could be heard from her voice.

Sadly, Joohyun didn’t seem to catch that. “N-no. Not as good as you.”

Seungwan chuckled. “Hey, I’m not that good, too! It’s been 2 years since I left Canada so I think my English skill already going rusty, but you still can count on me!”

Of course, I can. You’re one of Mrs. Kim top student. And please, stop with those bright smiles. It’s too beautiful for me to handle.

Joohyun shook her head, trying to clear those thoughts from her mind. Seungwan took it the wrong way.

“Joohyun? What’s wrong?”

Joohyun just realizes that her face is so close with Seungwan. And that easily make blood went up to her face. “N-no. Nothing’s wrong. W-when do you want to start?”

Seungwan scrunched her face, the expression she usually made when she thinks hard. Joohyun almost letting out a squeal because how cute she looks right now.

“Are you free this weekend?” Seungwan asked.

“I’m free on Sunday night.”

“Great! Do you have a roommate or something?”

Joohyun frowned, confused. “Yeah? Why?”

Seungwan face brightened. “I don’t have any roommate. And, since I really can’t do an assignment in a public place, want to do it at my dorm?”

Oh my God. Doing assignments at Seungwan’s dorm. Her own room. Joohyun suddenly blushing hard. “Yeah, I would love to.” Wait, why does it come out weird? “I-I mean—"

Seungwan clapped her hands. “Great! Then Sunday, 7 p.m., at my place! I’m so sorry but I need to go right now my Music class will start soon. Goodbye, Joohyun! Don’t forget on Sunday, okay!” And Seungwan immediately left her, leaving Joohyun dumbfounded.

There is some paper above her desk, which she sure it wasn’t there the moment class started. She took the paper and read it.

‘889xxxxxx that’s my number! Keep it in your contact, okay! -Seungwan’

Joohyun unconsciously smiled because of her action. She took out her phone and saving Seungwan’s number. She kept smiling happily until she remembered that they will be alone inside Seungwan dorm this Sunday.

Joohyun cupped her own face, trying to stop the furious blush on her face, yet she failed miserably. She became frantic, yet making her blushes more. Until she spotted a certain cross that was hanged on her wall. A pang of guilt suddenly creeping inside of her heart. She immediately brought her hands together and closed her eyes.

God, I’m so sorry for my action earlier. It’s such a sinful act of me to do it and even make me momentarily forget about you. I’m coming to you in my humble self, trying to beg forgiveness from you. God, please forgive my sinful self.

She heard a sound of door clicking. Seulgi already came back from her class. “Joohyun? You there?” she asked.

Joohyun came out from her room. “Seulgi, help me!”

Seulgi raised her eyebrow. “It’s such a rare moment for you to ask for help from me. What is it?”

Joohyun rolled her eyes from her remarks. “So, Seungwan invited me to her room this Sunday. Working for our assignments.”

Seulgi frowned. “Seungwan? As in Son Seungwan? That troublemaker?”

Joohyun nods when she realized that Seulgi saying something she didn’t like. Troublemaker? Why Seungwan is a troublemaker? “Yeah. The one who always brought her big guitar. Why?”

Seulgi sighed. Joohyun can hear the annoyed tone on it. “How come you associate with her in the first place?”

“We’re in the same class. English class.”

Seulgi pinched the bridge of her nose, agitated. “Joohyun, the last thing I want from you is to associate with her. She’s not a good person.”

How come someone who looks like sunshine is a bad person? Joohyun almost said that out loud when she bit her own tongue to prevent the words came out from . “Mrs. Kim already assigned us together. And we can’t disagree with it.”

Seulgi looks at her in a hard way. Joohyun didn’t get it at all. She sighed harshly. “When is it? You do remember that we have a service in the church, right?”

Joohyun a bit took back by it. She completely forgot about the service. “W-well, Seungwan said we will work at her room in the night. And the last time I recall, the service didn’t take a lot of time.”

Seulgi knew she can’t hold back Joohyun from meeting Seungwan this weekend. She stood up from their sofa and grabbed her shoulder softly. She looks at Joohyun straight in the eyes. “Just, be careful, okay? I heard a lot of bad comments about her.”

Joohyun frowned. She didn’t like the way Seulgi talked about it. “We can’t judge a person just by other people comments.”

“Yeah. But it didn’t say that we can’t think about it.”

Joohyun really annoyed. “What kind of comment that you heard, by the way? It’s not that bad, right? And I don’t know you’re that type of woman who likes to talks about someone on their back.”

Seulgi was slightly taken aback by Joohyun remarks. But she quickly held herself. “I heard that she’s a lesbian.”

“Oka—”

“And she had this crush on you. Like, a big fat crush.”

Word shock sounded like an understatement now for Joohyun. Seungwan, the music prodigy at their school, like her? A boring religious person like her?

“W-what?”

Seulgi patted her shoulder. “I already warned you. Just, please, be careful when you are together with her, okay? I don’t want something happened to you.”

Joohyun can’t think a word right now. Her mind still processing Seulgi’s words earlier. She can’t hear other things except for her rapidly beating heart, even when Seulgi seems like she talked to her. All she can think is Seungwan, Seungwan, and Seungwan. Until Seulgi waving her hands in front of her.

“W-what?”

“Are you okay? You seem zoned out earlier,” Seulgi asked worriedly.

Joohyun shook her head lightly. “I’m okay. What did you say earlier?”

“I’m going to go out with Jimin right now. We’re just going to eat ice cream near the park. I’m going to meet you later at the church, yeah?”

Joohyun blinked, she clearly still can’t think straight right now. “Y-yeah, of course. We will meet at the church later. Have fun.”

Seulgi smiled fondly. She turns her body before completely going out. “Joohyun, you know that I’m just worried about your well-being, right? You’re my best friend. I don’t want anything happened to you.”

Joohyun smiled. “Yeah, I know. Send my regards to Jimin.”

Seulgi nods. “I will. See you soon, Joohyun.”

The door closed. The room seems suffocating for her. She sat on the sofa. Her hands unknowingly grabbed the cross necklace that hanging on her neck. She tried to breathe. Emotions suddenly creeping up her being.

Happy, confused, scared. She didn’t know why she’s happy that Seungwan has a feeling for her. She confused, didn’t know how to react nor how to act about it. But the most important thing is, she scared. Scared of her own faith. Scared that God might hate her for had a feeling like this. Scared that she knows that this is sinful, but she can’t help to feel happy about it.

Someone, please help me.

She took her phone, and search through the contact list. She scrolls until she stopped on a certain name. Don’t know what to take over her mind, she immediately messages that person.

--

Seungwan strumming her guitar, swaying her body following the melody that being made from her guitar. A smile displayed on her face. She is still happy that she is partnered up with Joohyun. The thoughts of it made her giggles.

“I know you’re weird but I don’t know you’re capable of being this weird.”

Her smile immediately falls. She pouts. “Unnie! You’re really annoying.”

She grinned widely. “So, Joohyun already texted you yet?”

Seungwan checked her phones, her expressions saddened. “Not yet.”

She patted her head. “Aigoo, poor child. Getting stood up by your own crush.”

“I’m not a kid! And also, I remember the times when you also getting stood up by Tiffany-unnie, Taeyeon-unnie.”

Taeyeon expressions immediately fall. “Stop making me remember that dark age.”

Seungwan laughs. She clearly won this round. “So, what is it, Unnie? Chaeyoung told me that you want to talk.”

“Oh, eager are we?” Taeyeon teased while wriggling her eyebrows. “Principal want us to perform at our school festival tomorrow.”

“Oh cool. Another sudden performance. Okay, do the band know this already?”

“No,” Taeyeon denied. “I want you to perform solo this time.”

Seungwan widens her eyes. “You got to be joking, Unnie. I’m not ye—”

“I know you’re ready, Seungwan. That’s why I’m pointing you to take the stage and make the audience captivated by your sweet voice.”

Seungwan put her guitar and playing with the hem of her clothes. A sudden wave of nervous hit her. “I-I don’t know, Unnie. This is too sudden. I don’t think I ca—”

Taeyeon grabbed her shoulder and locked gaze with her. Never in Seungwan life, Taeyeon looked at her with that much amount of seriousness. She gulped. She knew once Taeyeon resolved with her choice, no one can argue.

“I believe in you, Seungwan. And this time, I want you to believe in yourself. I know you can do this.”

Seungwan sighed. She took a deep breath, trying to make confidence flowing inside her body, replacing the nervousness inside. “What song do I perform?” she asked Taeyeon, trying to get advice.

“Everything seems fine. Oh? Tiffany already waiting for me. I’m going first, Seungwan. I know you can do it!”

She sighed once Taeyeon went outside the room. She took her guitar when suddenly her phone lit up, a new message just came in. Seungwan frowned since it’s from an unknown number. She opened the message and immediately stood up from the shock.

Hey Seungwan. It’s me, Joohyun. -Joohyun

Her face immediately went red. Her heart goes wild. She can’t even hold back the wide smile that forming on her face right now. She wants to jump. She wants to scream. She’s that happy. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down and went to sit again, quickly typing the reply message.

Hey, Joohyun! What’s up? -Seungwan

She looks at the screen of her phone for seems like an eternity. When she wants to put it back on the table in front of her, Joohyun replied.

Fine. Nothing’s special happening. What are you doing right now? -Joohyun

Practicing for performance at the festival tomorrow! -Seungwan

Festival? Oh, you mean the school summer festival? You going to perform there tomorrow? -Joohyun

Yup! Watch my performance tomorrow! I’m going solo for the first time! -Seungwan

Oh, I’d love to! When? -Joohyun

Seungwan grinned so hard right now. There is a big possibility for Joohyun to watch her performance tomorrow. She can’t fail now. Can’t think straight because of happiness, she recklessly called Joohyun.

--

Joohyun stared blankly at painting in front of her. She can’t believe she just sent a message to Seungwan. Son Freaking Seungwan. Panic suddenly attacked her. What if it was a wrong number? What if it wasn’t Seungwan number? What if Seungwan just playing with her? Pulled a prank?

Joohyun dismissed those thoughts. Seungwan won’t be like that to her. Seungwan won’t do that to her. She’s an angel. She won’t think about this kind of pranks. But still, the amount of time Seungwan needs to reply to her is making her thinks a lot.

Her phone screen lit up. She grabs it fast, immediately open the message Seungwan replied to her. A smile formed on her face. Her heart beats speed up. She immediately typing up replies. She never felt this excited about keeping up a conversation with someone.

Until Seungwan decided to call her.

She froze. She didn’t expect Seungwan to call her. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down again for the nth time. The irony is, it was caused by the same person. She picked up the call.

“H-Hello?” Joohyun said timidly.

“Hi, Angel! How are you?” Seungwan replies with her loud voice.

Joohyun face immediately reddens. She, of course, didn’t expect Seungwan to be this smooth. “W-what’s with the ‘angel’, seriously.”

She can hear Seungwan laughs, and girl how it sounds like the most beautiful music Joohyun ever heard. Seungwan can clear her ears just by her laughs only. It’s even made Joohyun a lot calmer. “Well, I’m right, though? By the way, are you seriously going to watch my performance tomorrow?”

“It depends. When will you perform?”

“We usually perform at night. But I don’t really know yet about this. Why? You have somewhere to go?”

Joohyun sighed. “There is this service that I need to do in the church. I don’t know if I could make it to your performance.”

“Oh, I see,” Seungwan replied. Joohyun clearly can hear a disappointed tone in it, and she felt bad. “What kind of service?”

Joohyun shrugged, but she realized that Seungwan couldn’t see her. “You know, praying and stuff.”

“You really devoted to God, aren’t you?”

Joohyun smiled. “Yeah. I don’t know what am I gonna do if God didn’t help me through it all. But my service usually ends at noon! So, I hope I could watch you perform.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Oh, seriously? Well, I need to keep my hopes up then! But not too high!”

Joohyun laughs at her antics. Seungwan really knew how to make her feel better. That’s something that she loves from Seungwan. Her ability to make someone comfortable. “So, what are you doing right now?”

“Practicing, of course. Since the performance is tomorrow. And I need to prepare the song I will sing, so.”

“Oh. Am I disturbing you?” Joohyun asked, concerned.

“No no no, not at all! It’s relieving actually! My energy just got hyped up!” Seungwan remarks excitedly.

Joohyun laughed again. She forgot when is the last time she laughed this much. “Alright, alright. So, what song will you sing?”

“Oho, I’m so sorry ma’am but apparently I can’t tell you that yet.”

Joohyun sulked. “Why?”

“So you will come to my performance tomorrow and be surprised!”

“Okay. I need to come, then.”

She can hear that Seungwan grinned so hard right now. “Yes! Alrighty, then! One audience down, a lot more to go.”

Joohyun chuckled, then she saw the clock and realized she needs to go now. “Um, Seungwan? I’m sorry, but I need to go to church now. You know, service.”

“Oh, okay! Go, Joohyun! You can do this!”

Joohyun laughed again. “Goodbye, Seungwan. See you soon!”

“See you soon!”

Joohyun ends the call. She sighed happily. Their conversation didn’t sound awkward at all. It feels like they were already a long-time friend. Huh, friend. When I expect a lot more.

She left her dorm with a warm heart and a happy expression. A rare moment for that to happen.

--

She walks through the aisle while whistling, still too happy about the conversations earlier. Her steps are a little bit giddy, making her big guitar slightly move up and down. She unlocks the door of her room, can’t wait to start making music.

Until what she saw inside broke it all down.

“I’m bac—what the hell?!”

On her sofa, her precious fluffy innocent and pure sofa, two troublemakers sent by the devil himself is making out.

“What the , Seungwan. You ruined the moment!” Yerim protested, trying to get up from Sooyoung’s lap.

“What the—I’m the one who supposed to be angry with both of you, God dammit! Why using my room!” Seungwan exclaimed.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Please. You’re our only friend who lives alone in this school dorm. We don’t want to disgust our own roommate, you know?”

“W-well, both of you are making me disgusted!”

Both of them looked at Seungwan deadpanned. “Do we look like we care about your opinion?”

Seungwan looked at them in disbelief and finally scoffed. “Oh God, I can’t believe this. You know what? Just continue what you were both doing. I’m not going to let the two of you ruining my happiness.”

This perks the attention of those two, making Seungwan regrets whatever comes out from earlier. “Oh? Might as well spill the tea right now.”

Seungwan grinned. “Guess who just talked with the mighty, one and only, the angel of our school, Bae Joohyun?”

“Oh, thank God the y position isn’t given to her. I’m still holding it, then.”

“What the hell, Sooyoung?”

Yerim frowned. “How do you talk to her?”

Seungwan shrugged. “Well, I gave her my number. And she suddenly messaged me. And, you know, I thought why not call her? So, I’m calling her and we talk!”

“You talked to her? Literally talked?”

Seungwan frowned at Sooyoung’s suspicious comments. “Yeah? Why? Something wrong?”

“Seulgi letting you talk to her?” Sooyoung asked.

“Wow, this is new,” Yerim added, making Seungwan more confused.

“Okay? What’s wrong with this Seulgi person? She’s Joohyun best friend, I know that. So?”

Sooyoung sighed. “Seungwan, look. Seulgi is a very protective person, especially to Joohyun. And believe me, she will not let Joohyun go near you. At all. And adding the fact that she knew about your feelings towards her, will make it so much harder.”

“Doesn’t she have a boyfriend?” Yerim asked.

“Well, yeah. That Jimin boy.”

Seungwan brightens. “See? She even in a relationship right now! Why she doesn’t want me to get close with Joohyun? I believe I can make her happy!”

Sooyoung pinched the bridge of her nose. “You really are a dumb clueless person, Seungwan.”

“Yes, relationship with a boy. You and Joohyun? God dammit Seungwan, you are a girl. You know how religious both of them. I believe the one who ended the call is Joohyun because she wants to go to the church.”

Checkmate. Yerim’s comment completely shut Seungwan off. She threw herself on the sofa beside Sooyoung. She put her head on her hands, acted as a support. Sooyoung and Yerim believed, they never saw Seungwan this devastated before.

“Seungwan,” Sooyoung called, her hand hugging Seungwan’s small body, “we don’t mean to make you this sad. We just want you to realize what are you facing off right now. We would be very happy if you’re together with Joohyun. We really do. But the situation is so ed up I just don’t want yo—”

“I get it, Sooyoung. Thank you,” Seungwan said with a smile. “I will still chase her. The one who will reject me is Joohyun, not Seulgi.”

Yerim claps her hands in a mocking way. “Okay then, cut the enthusiasm already. I want to continue what I did earlier with Sooyoung before you join. Can you go to your room already?”

“Why don’t both of you leave my dorm already, dammit,” Seungwan grumbled while get off from the sofa, ‘obediently’ walking to her room.

“Seungwan!” Sooyoung called out. Yerim already on her lap when she called Seungwan, making Yerim groan in protest.

“What?”

“What will you sing?”

Seungwan grinned. “That top 2 songs.”

Sooyoung smiled. “Good luck, then.”

“Will do,” Seungwan answered, shutting her room from the at her dorm.

--

Joohyun clasped her hands together, sending prayers to God while closing her eyes. The atmosphere of the church is very calm, probably because only a few people are there. Since it’s not the time for the regular prayers yet.

Someone sat beside her. “So, how’s our leader doing?”

She chuckled. “Stop it with the leader thingy, Bogum. Pretty good actually.”

Bogum smiled. “You look different today.”

Joohyun raised her eyebrow. “Yeah? Is it a good different?”

He chuckled. “A good different, actually. You look, how do I describe it. Oh, you look happier.”

Joohyun laughed. “Happier? I’m always happy all the time, though?”

“But right now, is different happiness. Like something good just happened earlier.”

Joohyun silenced. She suddenly remembered the phone call she just did with Seungwan. A happy shy smile bloomed on her face. A warm hue of red plastered on her cheeks. Bogum noticed it immediately.

“Oh, I was right, apparently. Mind to tell?” he asked, with a little bit tease.

Her cheeks became redder. “W-well, it’s not really that good but, yeah,” Joohyun flustered.

Bogum smiled and sighed happily. “It’s good that there is someone out there could make you this happy.”

Joohyun frowned. “How do you know it’s a person?” she asked, confused.

“Oh, come on, it’s exactly someone’s expression when they are being in awe or having a starstruck feeling towards someone,” he explained, amused by how oblivious Joohyun is. He shrugged. “Whoever that person is, I want to give my thanks personally to them. Since they are able to make you not look like someone who has a stick stuck up on their arse.”

Joohyun hissed. “Language, Bogum. We’re in a church.”

Bogum laughed. “See? I was just complementing you and now you are back being like this. Relax, Joohyun. God knows we need to slack off. A couple of sin is fine.”

She once again silenced by Bogum. A couple sin is fine. God will always love us, no matter how many times we will always disappoint Him. But, is it selfish for Joohyun to choose her heart and her feelings rather than God himself? Will He understand her? And, will she try to understand Him?

A hand waved in front of her. “Earth to Joohyun? Hello.”

Joohyun blinked. “Sorry, something caught my mind.”

Bogum chuckled. “I can see. Well, just want to inform you that your service is over today. I actually kind of shocked when you haven't realized it earlier when I first came here, sitting beside you. And we even talked. But, it’s a pleasure. See you at tomorrow’s service, Joohyun.”

“See you at tomorrow’s service, Bogum,” she said while stood up from the chair. She almost left the church when she turned her body, questioning him. “Hey, Bogum, you’re part of the council, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

Joohyun eyes brightened a bit. “You know when the singing performance start at tomorrow’s festival?”

He frowned. “Hm, let me recall. Probably late noon, I kind of forgot. Why? You want to watch it?”

She nodded, eagerly. Before Bogum crushed her hopes into dust.

“We will have a banquet after the service, though? I don’t think you will able to watch the performance tomorrow.”

Never in her life, Joohyun just wants to run away. Crying. Over the unfair fate she will need to face.

--

Seungwan? You still awake? -Joohyun

Of course, I am! How are you? -Seungwan

Seungwan, I have something to tell you. -Joohyun

Okay. What is it? -Seungwan

I don’t think I’m able to watch your performance tomorrow. -Joohyun

Oh :( why is it? -Seungwan

I forgot that there will be a banquet after the service. I’m so sorry Seungwan, I really do. -Joohyun

It’s alright! I could give you a personal performance on Sunday at my room! ;) -Seungwan

Well, I will hold your words there, Miss Son. -Joohyun

Of course, you should! And I always remember my promises, mind you! -Seungwan

By the way, you should go to sleep right now, Princess. It’s already late. -Seungwan

Now I’m a princess? -Joohyun

Yup! And the sole owner of the land inside my heart! -Seungwan

I don’t know you are this cheesy. -Joohyun

Well, let’s spend our time together a lot more since I guarantee you that I could become a lot cheesy than this. -Seungwan

I should expect to see it soon then. -Joohyun

Yes, you should! But seriously, it’s already late. You need to sleep now, Missy! -Seungwan

Okay, okay. I will. You should go to sleep, too. -Joohyun

I will. After you, sweetheart. -Seungwan

I won’t go to sleep then. -Joohyun

What?! No! Go to sleep now, Miss Bae :( -Seungwan

Let’s go to sleep together then. -Joohyun

Oh, I didn’t know you’re this impatience and this , Miss Bae. Wig -Seungwan

Seungwan! -Joohyun

Alright, I’m joking, okay! Good night, Joohyun. Sleep well. -Seungwan

Good night, Seungwan. Sleep tight today. -Joohyun

Don’t forget to dream about me tonight. -Seungwan

Yeah, right. Bye! -Joohyun

Bye, Angel. -Seungwan

--

“So? Will she come?”

“Nope,”

“Then she won’t come at all.”

She shrugged. “Maybe.”

She pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. “You still have hopes, Seungwan.”

“And I don’t see a bad thing in there, Sooyoung.”

“Please don’t tell me you’re hoping too much again.”

“Nope.”

Sooyoung raised her eyebrow. “You sure?”

“Yes.”

Sooyoung grabbed Seungwan’s face, forcing her to look her in the eye. “Cause from the way I see it, you’re having too much hope, Seungwan. And I don’t like it.”

“It won’t be like the last time, Sooyoung. I guarantee you.”

Sooyoung saw some determination flicker in her eyes. But the hope and despair immediately drowning them. She sighed. “Yerim already bought you beers, just in case.”

“Cool!” Seungwan said while preparing her guitar.

Sooyoung sighed, and she left Seungwan to prepare before her performance alone. Before she left, she spoke to Seungwan. “We care about you, okay? So much.”

Seungwan smiled. “I know.”

When she closed the door, Seungwan immediately deep sighed. She gripped her guitar hard, turning her knuckles to white. The tears that she held back so hard, finally flowing out from her eyes freely.

Yes, she prepared for this performance just roughly one day. But she prepared it wholeheartedly, just by the thought she will show it to the person she loved the most. Yet, she won’t come. She can’t change the 2 songs she prepared now. There is no other choice. She will perform those songs. With her broken heart on her sleeves.

Seungwan took a deep breath. “You can do it, Seungwan! This is your moment.”

She stepped out from the room, going to the stage. With the sound of her shattering heart and her useless effort trying to keep it intact.

--

The banquet will be started shortly. People from the club already filled the church. Even the priest already came and give his greetings to everyone. A lot of excitement can be heard from the murmurs of people around.

Yet, Joohyun can’t feel the excitement. Her body is in the church, blending with all of them. Yet, her mind is somewhere else. In the festival, to be exact. Wanting to watch Seungwan performances. Everybody can tell that she looks so tensed right now.

“Hey,” someone touched her shoulder, making her startled.

“Oh, it’s you, Seul,” she said, trying to calm her heart down.

“Loosen up a bit, Joohyun. You never looked so tensed in banquets before. Something happened?” Seulgi asked, her face covered with worries.

Joohyun smiled, but Seulgi realized it’s not reaching her eyes. “No. it’s fine. It’s nothing, seriously.”

“You sure? I cou—”

“Hey, Joohyun! Look, the priest told us to take something inside the warehouse. Seulgi, may I borrow her for a while?” Bogum suddenly cut off Seulgi’s conversation, throwing his arm around Joohyun neck, dragging her to follow him.

Joohyun frowned with the whole situation. “Priest never told us to bring something at the warehouse.”

“I know,” Bogum said with a mysterious smile. He brings her towards a dark aisle, making them hidden from everyone.

Joohyun suddenly feels scared. “Bogum? Why you brought me he—”

Her words got cut off when Bogum shoving her a red rose. “Give it to Seungwan after the performance. She will be ecstatic,” he said, his smile is sincere.

Joohyun got perplexed, completely baffled with his action. “Bogum, I—”

“Seriously, how Seungwan did that? You know, melting your cold heart. It’s not an easy task, you know. And she nailed it perfectly,” Bogum jokingly said, but it makes Joohyun more confused.

“H-How?” Joohyun asked, her eyes still eyeing the rose in Bogum’s hand with confusion.

“Oh, come on, Seungwan is the only person who will perform at the festival. Taeyeon-noona personally asked us to did this. That’s why I know the one who got your heart is Seungwan.”

There is some fear in Joohyun gaze. Fear, knowing that Bogum probably already know. “Look, Bogum, I—”

And Bogum seemed to realize this. “It’s not the time to do this, don’t you think? Her performance will start in 10 minutes. You need to go now.”

He shoved the rose to her hand and pushed her a bit, encourage her to go. She smiled a bit while muttering, “Thank you,” before her legs started to run fast like she was being chased by something dangerous.

Her feelings.

The rose on her hand somehow managed to keep intact. She tries to catch her breath before trying to cut through the ocean of human in front of the stage. Thank God Seungwan wasn’t performing yet.

“Took you some time to come here.”

Joohyun immediately looks at her left, spotting some tall women who looked at her in such an indescribable way. She realized that the tall women are walking towards her.

Joohyun took a deep breath before she talked to the mysterious women. “Look, whoever you are, I need you to help me go to the near front stage area. Please, I’m begging you.”

She looks at Joohyun in a hard way, before snapping her head to the right and pinches the bridge of her nose in a frustrated way. “Goddammit Seungwan, you owe me a lot in here,” she muttered, before continuing, “Alright, come here.”

Joohyun comes to her. Suddenly, she was swept by her feet and were being picked up by the mysterious women in bridal style. She shrieked. “What are you doing!”

“Shut up!” she muttered angrily. She tightens her holds around Joohyun, before screaming, “Excuse me?! Please make way for us! She’s incredibly injured!”

The crowd started to getting loose, making the mysterious women able to cut through with such ease. “Damn you’re pretty heavy,” she complained.

“Well, I’m not even asking to be picked up like this.”

She finally dropped Joohyun. Joohyun looked at the stage in front of her. She clearly can see Seungwan at this spot, but still not really that close. She turns to her left, trying to say thank you to that women, yet she was gone.

Joohyun grasped the rose in her hand a little bit tight, afraid she might break the flower. She muttered ‘thank you’ to the women and patiently waiting for the performances.

--

“So, she’s Joohyun?”

“Yup.”

“Do you think it’s the right choice to put her there?”

“Seungwan already owes me a lot by bringing her there. I don’t want to make her happier by easily spotted the love of her life.”

“So, you really thought she’s the one?”

“Why are you asking?”

“I don’t know. I just don’t want Seungwan to get hurt again like the last time.”

“She’s not like the last time. Joohyun, she’s different. I can tell.”

“Oh, one time picking up her and you already knew what kind of a person she is.”

“Oh, come on, don’t be jealous. It’s just, I saw some determination and sincere in her eyes. Make me sure that she is the one.”

“Since when you become this thoughtful? Bring me, my original girlfriend, asap.”

“You really know how to ruin the moment, aren’t you?”

“Thank God you love me.”

“Hell yeah. Thank God I love you.”

--

“Hello, guys!”

The crowd cheered loudly. Yet Seungwan can’t feel the excitement, but she did a pretty good job at masking it.

“So, I was given a chance to entertain all of you at this festival. I will sing 2 special songs here. Please enjoy the performance.”

The crowd cheered louder. She took a deep breath before she started to strumming her guitar. A nice melody coming out.

I, I loved you in secret

First sight, yeah, we love without reason

Oh, twenty-five years old

Oh, how were you to know, and

My, my love had been frozen

Deep blue, but you painted me golden

Oh, and you held me close

Oh, how was I to know that

Little did Seungwan knows, someone got silenced by the lyrics of the song. It’s attacking her heart. Like the song was meant to be for her only. And how the song fits perfectly with her current situation. Her heart and her feelings, to be exact.

I could've spent forever with your hands in my pockets

Picture of your face in an invisible locket

You said there was nothing in the world that could stop it

I had a bad feeling

And darling, you had turned my bed into a sacred oasis

People started talking, putting us through our paces

I knew there was no one in the world who could take it

I had a bad feeling

Her heart aches. Fear suddenly creeping onto her skin. Enveloping her like a warm deadly blanket. Weird and dangerous thoughts filled her minds. She hugged herself. Wanting to run away from there. But, how could she when Seungwan sang the song with all of her feelings pouring out at every word?

But we were dancing

Dancing with our hands tied, hands tied

Yeah, we were dancing

Like it was the first time, first time

Yeah, we were dancing

Dancing with our hands tied, hands tied

Yeah, we were dancing

And I had a bad feeling

But we were dancing

I, I loved you in spite of

Deep fears that the world would divide us

So, baby, can we dance

Oh, through an avalanche?

And say, say that we got it

I'm a mess, but I'm the mess that you wanted

Oh, 'cause it's gravity

Oh, keeping you with me

A tint of hope suddenly risen. Hope that they could make it. They could survive. Together. You and me. Against all improbability that will attack us wherever we go.

I'd kiss you as the lights went out

Swaying as the room burned down

I'd hold you as the water rushes in

If I could dance with you again

She unconsciously grabbed the cross necklace that she wore. Closing her eyes. Praying that they could make it. Nothing can beat them. And hoping that God will keep loving them. Helping them going through it.

Yeah, we were dancing

And I had a bad feeling

But we were dancing

Hands tied, hands tied

Seungwan finished her first performances. Crowds are going wild. Her lips lifted up a bit in spite it’s already hard enough for her to catch a breath. She felt a sensation that still feels strange for her. A sensation when people cheered for you.

Her eyes scanned the crowd until she locked her eyes onto certain someone. Her smiles getting wider, also making that person smiling ear-to-ear too. She sent her winks, making the person who was becoming one with the crowd giggling.

“So, that’s my first song. It’s a bit sad, don’t you think?” Seungwan asked, followed by some roar from the crowd. She chuckled. “The next song is different. And, since the person that I love is here, making this last song a lot more special.”

Seungwan making sure that she’s locked her gaze with her. She can clearly see the blush that creeps up at her face, making her chuckled. “Please, enjoy this song,” she said, before starting to strum her guitar sweetly.

I like my girls just like I like my honey; sweet

A little selfish

I like my women like I like my money; green

A little jealous

Seungwan keeps looking at her while singing. She wants to make sure that the person can feel her sincere feelings and her love. And she succeeded when the intended person smiled sweetly to her.

'Cause I'm a beautiful wreck

A colorful mess, but I'm funny

Oh, I'm a heartbreak vet

With a stone-cold neck, yeah, I'm charming

The person laughed. God, how much Seungwan wanted to get off from the stage and neglecting her performance just so she could hear her laughs.

All the pretty girls in the world

But I'm in this space with you

Colored out the lines

I came to find, my fire was fate with you

Heartache would stay with you

Fly great escapes with you

Seungwan smiled brightly at the whole performances, the person that she kept locking her eyes on was smiling too. It felt like the world belongs to both of them, the rest of the people just live in it.

Isn't love all we need? Is it love?

To be the same prophesy? Is it love?

Do-re-mi-fa-so-la-ti, is it love?

Love, do-do-do do-do

The crowd cheered louder this time. But her attention is fully just for one person. And her reaction is the only thing that she needed.

--

Joohyun waited patiently on the bench near the stage. Almost all of the crowd already went back to their respective dorm. Just a sight of people cleaning up areas around the venue already calmed her down.

Hands suddenly covered her eyes, making her shrieked. She can feel a soft breath near her left ear. “Guess who?” the mysterious person whispered, making her giggle.

She put her hand above the stranger’s hand. “I know it’s you, Seungwan,” she chuckled, softly removing the hand from her eyes.

She turns around, trying to look at Seungwan who cutely pouts. “How did you know? No fun,” she grumbled with her cute pout.

Joohyun laughed. “I’ve just spent almost half an hour hearing your voice. It will be so questionable if I didn’t recognize your voice.”

Seungwan grinned. “I thought you couldn’t come.”

I thought so too.

Joohyun dismissed that thought. She gave Seungwan the rose that Bogum picked for her. “This is for you. Congratulations on your first solo performance.”

“Thank you! This is a beautiful flower, like you,” Seungwan exclaimed smoothly while trying to smell the flower. Joohyun’s cheek turned into a warm red hue.

“Oh my God Seungwan stop being cheesy,” Joohyun muttered lowly, but she can still hear it. Making Seungwan grins wider.

“Well, since it’s already night, want to walk together to the dorm?” Seungwan offered, followed by her nods.

They walk side by side together. Taking in the warm night vibes. Seungwan with her warm smile plastered on her face, and Joohyun with her shy grins. Joohyun can feel the warmth that Seungwan emits just from walking with her.

Joohyun looks up at the sky and gasped. Making Seungwan look at her with confused expressions. “What is it?” Seungwan asked, also looking up.

“It’s so beautiful,” Joohyun answered softly. Her face making a small smile while looking at it. The stars scattered all over the place. The moon shines so brightly, like giving some lights to help them walking in the dark. It’s magnificent.

Seungwan looked at her and smiled. “Yeah, it is beautiful,” she said while looking fondly towards Joohyun.

Joohyun nods, completely agree with her statement. Oblivious that the words weren’t for the skies above her.

“Do you think that we will become a star once we die?” Seungwan suddenly asked.

Joohyun looked at her, frowning. “What do you mean?”

Seungwan shrugged. “You know, reincarnation and that kind of stuff. My grandma once told me that if we live the way we want to be, and we were happy, we will become a star once we die.”

“Do you believe it?”

Seungwan shook her head. “No, since the standard of happiness is different for each person.” She looked at her. “What about you? Do you believe something like that?”

Joohyun raised one of her eyebrows. “What? Reincarnation and stuff?” she asked, followed by her nods.

Joohyun hummed. “Well, the Bible told me that once we die, we will either go to heaven or hell.”

Seungwan shrugged. “Hm, acceptable.”

The hurtful pangs in the heart suddenly coming back to Joohyun. Fears immediately filled her thoughts once again. Her face becoming hard, and that not goes unnoticeable by Seungwan.

She grasped her hands, making her snapped her head suddenly to look at Seungwan. “Hey, you okay?” Seungwan asked softly. Her thumb unconsciously making circles at Joohyun’s wrist, trying to calm her down.

Thankfully, Joohyun snapped out of her thoughts. “Y-yeah, I’m alright.”

Seungwan looked at her worriedly but shrugging it off away once she realized they already arrived at Joohyun’s dorm. She and Joohyun didn’t live at the same building, but it still close to each other. “So, I think it’s time to say goodbye?” Seungwan asked timidly.

Joohyun nodded. “Thanks for tonight, Seungwan. I’m enjoying every second of it,” she said with a happy smile.

“Well, I’m glad that tonight I could make you happy, Princess,” Seungwan said with a made-up male voice while jokingly bowed, making Joohyun laughed. “It’s already late, go inside.”

“See you this Sunday?”

“See you this Sunday.”

--

Joohyun just finishes her usual Sunday prayer when Bogum approached her. “So, how is it? Going along well?”

She smiled. “It’s not well, it’s great. Where did you get the rose, by the way?”

“From the garden at the back of the church.”

“You steal the flower?”

He chuckled. “More like, I pick it up. Oh, come on, its just one flower. It’s not a big deal.”

“But, still, you steal something from a church, Mr. Park,” Joohyun nags, agitated.

Bogum just shrugged. “Sometimes we need to live with sin up on our sleeves, Ms. Bae.”

That one sentence manages to silence Joohyun. Bogum realized this. He sighed. “Thinking about it will just hurt you even more. Just let it flow. Everything will be fine.”

“How?” Joohyun croaked, “How do you know it will be fine? It’s not. H-He despised us. He hates us.”

“Let your heart decide. Your brain already worked so hard in there. Might as well give it a little rest, wouldn’t you?” Bogum said with a smile.

Joohyun sighed, trying to calm herself down. She remembered that she will meet Seungwan later, after the prayer. The thought itself managed to calm herself a little bit. “Thank you,” she murmured, but he can still catch it.

“Anytime. I need to go now. Bye, Joohyun,” he said while excusing himself.

Joohyun took a deep breath, before grabbing her Bible, also want to leave the church. When someone suddenly sat beside her. She looked at her right. “Seulgi? What is it?”

“When will you going to go to Seungwan’s dorm?” Seulgi asked.

“I don’t know. I didn’t ask her yet, but probably 7 p.m. Why?”

Seulgi’s face brightened. “Want to go to a café nearby the subway? I heard they had a good cake!”

The right corner of her lips rose. “I’m sorry Seulgi, but I need to prepare for the assignments I will do later at Seungwan’s dorm.”

Seulgi goes sullen. “Okay then, next time I guess.”

“I’m sorry, Seulgi.”

Seulgi chuckled. “That’s okay. I will ask Jimin, then. By the way, I want to ask something. You are really close with Seungwan lately. She even dropped you that night when we have community stuff.”

Joohyun froze. “Well, we’ve been contacting each other often lately.”

“Hm, alright. I will go now. Please remember my words the other day, Hyun. You’re my friend, I just want the best for you,” Seulgi said, before leaving Joohyun alone, having a storm inside her brain and her heart.

--

“Oh my God, Sooyoung, where do I put the tissue?!”

“Goddamnit Seungwan just put it on top of the coffee table! And stop checking the floor if it’s already clean or not! You already checking it for God knows how many dammit!”

Seungwan stopped her movement and looking towards Sooyoung who watched her in rage, and Yerim who seems fascinated with all of this happening in front of her eyes. “Wow. Seungwan I’ve never seen you this nervous before. Come on, it’s just Joohyun, not a freaking President of South Korea,” Yerim mocks.

Seungwan is frowning. “Joohyun is so much more than the President of South Korea!”

Yerim throwing her hands up. “Alright, not going to judge here.”

“Babe, you already judging her in the beginning,” Sooyoung sighed, before continuing. “But, Seungwan, she’s right. Calm down.”

Seungwan took a deep breath and shook her head. “I can’t! I’m nervous! Why did I need to say it ‘at my room’? Seungwan you moron.”

Sooyoung sighed again. “Seungwan, calm down, alright? Why don’t you sit with me and Yerim and sing us your favorite song?” she said while rubbing Seungwan’s back to calm her down.

“What? Hell n—”

Sooyoung cut Yerim, hissing to her. Told her to shut up. She took a guitar that was put in the corner and give it to Seungwan. She sat beside Yerim who sulked because of her earlier action and give encouragement for Seungwan to start.

Seungwan nervously strumming her guitar, warming up her voice before starting to sing it with her sweet voice.

On hot days like today I remember you and how we left together

When I see how little energy I have I remember you

You always got annoyed Saying you like winter better than this hot summer

But because we could watch the rain fall together It was alright for me

Just like how the summer night starts When the sun sets

As much as we were together Those times were so short

She took a deep sigh, before looking at Sooyoung with her big smile. Sooyoung also smiled. “Feel better?” she asked, followed by her nods as the answer that Sooyoung get. It’s already satisfied her.

“Oh, it’s already 6 p.m. Me and Yerim better go right now,” Sooyoung said while looking at her wristwatch.

She heard Yerim muttering “ing finally,” before turning her body, looking at Seungwan who still looked so nervous, but not as much as earlier. She tapped her shoulder, making Seungwan look her in the eye. Sooyoung smiled.

“You can do it, hopeless romantic. Believe me ‘cuz I, Park Sooyoung, are always right.”

--

Joohyun knocked on the door when it suddenly opened up immediately the moments she knocked. “Ah. Hi Seungwan!” greets Joohyun.

“Oh, hi Hyun! Please come in,” greets Seungwan back, didn’t forget her big flashy smile.

Joohyun scanned her room. A room is full of wood boards of signs, a rusty old little signboard of brands, posters of bands and musicians. The guitar that neatly put in the corner, a keyboard that connected with some computer that Joohyun didn’t know. A whiteboard is full of lyrics and note blocks.

The room screamed Seungwan all over it, and Joohyun can’t hold her happiness. “Your room is beautiful,” she muttered, loud enough for Seungwan to catch.

Seungwan scratched her nape, suddenly feeling shy. “Thanks, I guess. Please, sit near the table in the middle. I’m going to get some drinks and a snack.”

“Oh, I’ll help you.”

Seungwan stopped Joohyun. “No no no, just sit there. I won’t be long.”

Joohyun sat in front of the table, still looking around. She took a breath, a fresh breeze of sweet vanilla filled her lungs, Seungwan scent. She pulled her legs to her chest, hugging it and tucked her chin on it, smiling softly. Still can’t believe that she’s inside Seungwan’s room.

Seungwan showed up with trays full of snacks and drinks. “So, where to start?”

They spent a couple hours finishing the tasks. With Seungwan fluent English and Joohyun capabilities to pick up things fast make it easier for them. Joohyun looked at the clock. “It’s still kinda early,” she muttered.

Seungwan suddenly spotted the guitar that had been neglected by her since Joohyun came. She smiled at Joohyun. “Want to hear me sing?”

Joohyun nods happily. “Of course. Play the song that you sang at the festival.”

Seungwan chuckled. “Anything for you, Princess. But only one, okay?”

Joohyun blushed when she heard Seungwan called her with pet names. Thank God she is busy with her guitar, so she didn’t realize the effect of it on Joohyun.

Seungwan only sang the second song. But she makes sure that Joohyun really got her point. The way she looked at her, smiles when she sang in a certain line, always trying to keep the eye contact. Seungwan just wants her to know how much Joohyun meant to her.

They got so close. Their knees even touched each other. Joohyun looking at Seungwan with eyes full of adoration and loves. Only a very oblivious person that can’t see the look she gave right now. Seungwan thanks to the God that she isn’t one of them.

They started to infiltrate their own personal spaces. Joohyun even can smell the vanilla scent that lingered on Seungwan’s body. And the lavender that filled Seungwan lungs. Their breathing started to mix with each other. The nose almost touched.

Seungwan finished her performance. She realized how both of them are so close to each other. Yet, Joohyun seems didn’t mind. “How was it?” she whispered.

“Perfect,” Joohyun also whispered, making Seungwan chuckles softly.

“Like you, then.”

“You and your cheesy lines are really going to be the death of me.”

“You should bare it with your love then.”

Seungwan closing the gap, their lips almost touched. Until Joohyun realized something and shoved her away. Seungwan frowned. “Joohyun? Wh—”

“I’m so sorry. Thank you for tonight, Seungwan,” Joohyun said, suddenly standing up and walking so fast towards the door. Seungwan trying to catch up.

“W-wait, Joohyun!” She grabbed her hand, making Joohyun stopped. “Look, I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean—I thought we have something.”

Joohyun looked at her, and Seungwan noticed how teary her eyes. It makes her heart broke. “It’s not your fault, Seungwan. It’s mine. I—I need to go.”

Seungwan let go of her hold, letting Joohyun go away in front of her. She blinked when a tear falls down to her cheek. She wiped it until all the tears are falling down on her face.

--

It’s been a week since Joohyun came to her room. It’s also been a week since the last time Seungwan saw Joohyun. And it’s been a week since the last time Seungwan took care of herself.

Sooyoung sighed. This is the moment that she is afraid of. Seungwan already told everything. Sooyoung wants to blame someone, to make Seungwan in this kind of state.  But she knows she can’t even blame Joohyun at this point. She knows the struggle. She’s been there before.

Her phone lit up. A chat just came. Sooyoung took a peek at it.

She still like that? -Yerim

Sooyoung sighed before typing.

You know her. She will be in this state for so long if we didn’t do anything about it. -Sooyoung

Wanna do that then? -Yerim

Are you sure it will work? I don’t want to risk everything here. -Sooyoung

That Gummy Boy seems trustable. And I already saw her condition too. Both of them are in the same state right now. -Yerim.

Seulgi? You know how protective she is. -Sooyoung.

She understands. Trust me, babe. -Yerim

Sooyoung sighed again, peeking at Seungwan in front of her. Sadness still covering her like a warm blanket. Her eyes are empty. This plan better worked for real or else, Sooyoung thought.

Okay then. Prepare -Sooyoung

“Hey, Seungwan.”

She looked up. Sooyoung almost winced at how bad Seungwan looks right now. “What?”

“Come with me. I want to show you something.”

Seungwan dragged herself to keep up with Sooyoung’s pace. She almost looks like a poor and sad zombie right now. Her body is in there, but her soul and her mind are somewhere else. She didn’t even want to know where Sooyoung take her. She stopped when she hit Sooyoung’s back. She looked up, and that moment she just realized where Sooyoung brought her.

“It’s… the church,” she muttered. Her eyes are wide. Why did Sooyoung bring her here?

“She’s inside,” Sooyoung answered, seems like she just read her mind. “She’s are in the same state as you. Sad, hopeless, depressed. But add confusions there.”

“W-why?”

Sooyoung looked at her with a soft gaze. “She needs you Seungwan. The same way as you need her.”

Seungwan tilted her head down, looking at her feet. “Do you really think that she wants to meet me right now? She runs away you know, that night.”

Seungwan felt her shoulders being grasped. She looked up, to catch determination from Sooyoung’s eyes. The grasp felt a lot tighter. “Trust me. She really needs you right now.”

She gulped, and took a breath, before centering all of her leftover strength to her legs, walking towards the church. Before she stopped beside some tall boy, trying to find some hope, or power to meet her.

“Scared?” he asked, made her jumped from her spot. He chuckled. “Sorry, didn’t intend to shock you there.”

Seungwan just looked at him with blank stares, then going back to stare the main doors of the church. She sighed for the nth time that day.

“She tells a lot of things about you. And I’ve never seen her like that since we’ve been friends.”

She picked up her interest to him this time. “Oh yeah? Like what?”

He smiled. “Like she just found the most beautiful galaxies that you can spot on in that limitless dark sky. Like she just found the most extraordinary flower around those beautiful ones in those wide green fields. Like she just found love in some ty hopeless place.”

“You seem to know much about her.”

He smirked. “Believe me, she’s a tough one. Wait, you’re not jealous, are you?”

“Me? Jealous? What for? You have been around her longer than I did. Why should I feel jealous when the ending is pretty much clear.”

A burst of loud laughter suddenly erupted from the guy beside her. “Girl, seriously, I didn’t interested in things like this that way.”

She looked at him, confused by his words. Until she already got the conclusion. “Oh.”

He chuckled. “Besides, someone is already inside her heart. Will be rude for me to just suddenly snatch it, right?”

She lifts the corner of , and bring it down as fast as a blink of an eye. “Is she really?”

“You know what? I think I know why she has feelings for you.”

Seungwan frowned. “What do you mean?”

Bogum shrugged. “Find it out yourself. Go comfort her. She needs you. You need her. Both of you need each other.”

“Alright then,” she sighed, before pushing the heavy old door. She heard him whispering softly. Good luck. You can do it.

She was being greeted by some hall. Paintings are scattered on the walls. Candles are being lit. There is someone at the end of it, and it was Seulgi.

She spotted Seungwan was walking towards her with no energy at all. Like she just dragging herself to walk. She sighed and closing the gaps between her and Seungwan.

“I didn’t expect you to be this ed up,” stated Seulgi, while checking her conditions from hair to toe.

“Me neither.”

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. “I already warned her, ever since she suddenly being paired up by you. I know this will be coming. Yet, she still chose not to listen to me.”

Seungwan suddenly found her shoes interesting to look at. She can’t blame Seulgi. She wants the best for her best friend like she also wants the best for those two satan.

“But in the end, I was wrong.”

Seungwan snapped up her head immediately. Shock is plastered all over her face. She looked at Seulgi, demanding some explanation.

“I thought I know what best for her. But in the end, turns out I was one of those people who make her like this. It’s broke me, you know? She’s my best friend, for God sake.”

“You just want what you think the best for her. There is no wrong in that,” muttered Seungwan.

Seulgi looked at her like she inspecting something. And suddenly, she sighed. “Go to her. I will leave both of you alone.”

Seungwan is totally confused. “You’re not staying here?”

She smiled. “Just think of it as a redemption of what I did to her. Both of you deserve it.”

And Seulgi left both of them alone.

--

She clasped her hands. Her palms are sweaty. Her back is hurting. She doesn’t know how long she’s been sitting there, trying to knock some sense on her head. Trying to repent on her sins.

She sighed. All these things make her overwhelmed. All these thoughts make her feel suffocated. She can’t breathe. She can’t grasp anything to help her stand up. She doesn’t know how to find help. It felt like the world is against her. No one is on her side.

A tear escaped from her eyes. Too much. This is too much. Might as well she go from this world. No one knows where she goes. No one knows who she is.

God, help me. I can’t. This is too much for me.

“Wow. So, this is how the church looks like from the inside. I think I understand why you love this place.”

Joohyun snapped her head up, open up her eyes. She looked to the back, finding Seungwan whose looking around the church like some kid who was given candy.

She wiped her tears roughly. “S-Seungwan? Why are you h-here?”

Her eyes locked at Seungwan’s warm brown pairs. She smiled softly. “What else is the reason, don’t you think?”

Joohyun looked down. Didn’t have any courage to looked at her eyes much longer. “I-I thought I—”

“Hurt me? Break my heart into pieces? Well, yes you did.”

Joohyun winced. Her voice was layered with a lot of hurt and heartbreak, making her heart felt like being stabbed by so many pointy swords.

“But I understand. I’ve been there, too. Confused. Asking, who am I? Why am I different? Why am I like this? But mine is much easier since I didn’t need to think about whether God accepts me or not,” she chuckled.

Seungwan took her silence as her cue to continue.

“The thoughts are suffocating you, right? Like, you just want them to stop the train of thoughts for once. Making you relax a bit, no need to think about stuff like this. No need to constantly worried about your insecurities. No need to be scared whether you are accepted in front of Him or not. But you know what Joohyun, the brain doesn’t work the way we want them to. That’s the cruelest part.”

Seungwan can see how Joohyun trying so hard to hold back her tears. Her body is shaking. She feels like she did it out of her mind when she suddenly grabbed her hand, trying to calm her down. She the palm softly, scared that it might be break by her hand.

“But the funny thing is, the brain will never get along with the heart. Heart, they have their own mind. I know your brain already decided. And I know your heart already decided, too.”

Joohyun grabbed her hand. She sniffled before talking. “I’m scared.”

Seungwan smiled softly. She grabbed her chin softly, making Joohyun look at her straight in the eyes. “Then let’s face it together. You and me. Face those unimportant thoughts inside your head. Face those annoying people who stand between us. Facing this,” she pointed to her chest, “to make sure that you are sure with the choices that you make.”

“You will be there, right?” Joohyun whispered softly. Her hand grasped Seungwan’s tighter.

“I will. Always.”

Joohyun looked up. For the first time trying to absorb the person in front of her. “You’re a mess.”

“Well look who’s talking.”

Joohyun laughed for the first time that week. “You still look a lot better than me.”

“Just admit that we both look like a mess, love.”

Joohyun raised her eyebrow, “Already being cheesy again, are we?”

Seungwan smiling so wide. “Can’t keep being emo and , right?”

Joohyun chuckled. “Right. You are always right.”

“Only for you, sweetheart.”

--

The crowd cheers so loud the moment she stopped singing. This one is the loudest yet. She didn’t seem to be able to wipe off those satisfaction smile out from her face.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Son Seungwan!”

They cheered louder. She grasped her precious guitar tightly, trying to get off from the stage faster. Just to meet someone who already waiting for her at her waiting room.

“Did you see it?” she asked, the moment she went inside to her waiting room.

“You just finished your performance and the first thing you said to me is that question? Really, Seungwan?”

Seungwan pouts. “But I just want to know.”

She chuckled. “Of course I saw it. I’m your number one fan, remember?”

Seungwan grins. “This crowd is the wildest one. Wow, you should hear those screams!”

She laughed. “Well, I can hear it clearly from this room. And all of them is women.”

Seungwan raised her eyebrow. “Are you jealous?”

She linked her arms to her neck, while Seungwan naturally circled her arms at her waist. “Why should I be, when I’m the one with the privilege to get close with you like this.”

Seungwan grinned. “Alright, now give me my congratulation kiss.”

“You're what?”

“Babe,” whined Seungwan.

Her whines got cut by pairs of soft lips against her own. She broke it off. “Satisfied?”

Seungwan pecked her lips. “Now I am satisfied. I love you.”

Joohyun grinned so hard. “I love you too,” she said, before kissing her girlfriend once more.