wait for me to come home

Sugar Cake

this is like when spy x family meets mr and mrs smith (in terms of storyline) tis just a short drabble, so enjoy!

p.s.: im really sorry for the technical problem. i already clicked post but idk why they put it as a draft when i dont even check the draft box? im this close to move to ao3 really. anyway, i apologize once again and i hope you enjoy the chapter.

---

Seungwan sighed in relief once the sight of her home came into her view. She struts towards the front door in such difficulty, trying to cover the fact that she just got shot on the leg because of the mission to secure historic treasure of her nation from smugglers.

It's better to not let her family know what just happened to her today.

The home is in complete darkness once she steps inside. Her surroundings are in total silence, probably because everyone is already asleep. There was almost no source of light until she saw the yellowish hue coming from the kitchen. It wasn't hard for Seungwan to notice there is something under the cover on the dining table.

She brought herself there to check, to find a plate of warm dinner turned cold as her wife left a portion for her to eat. There is meatloaf and pan-seared veggies plus french fries on the side, their daughter's favorite food that her wife and her agree to not cook it often. That's why Seungwan wonders why her wife suddenly decided to cook a meatloaf for dinner, when they already have one two weeks ago. Is there a special occasion Seungwan doesn't realize or remember? Their daughter's birthday is still in a few months, so there is a high chance that the little girl wasn't the reason why the meatloaf is there.

Her hand took the plate as she decided to warm her late dinner inside the microwave. While she was waiting for her dinner to become warm, Seungwan took the first aid kit out from their hidden spot in the kitchen and brought it with her to the couch. She opened the steel box first before pulling her shirt up to reveal an ugly wound on the side of her body.

Thanks to the smuggler who gave her a hard time, they managed to give their final blow on her before she managed to fully escape from their grasp. The painful hit from their steel pipe was enough to make Seungwan grimace as she remembered the pain. Thankfully, it doesn't falter her from trying to escape and come back home in one piece. The huge blot of red on her waist is simply a small cost she needs to pay to be able to run away in time before their hideout blows up, eradicating everything from existence.

Seungwan ignored the faint ding sound coming from the kitchen, the sign that her late dinner was already warm. She checked on her wound, finding there is no dry blood she needs to clean before adding an ointment around the red patch.

"Mama?"

"Hey, pumpkin," greeted Seungwan as she quickly covered the wound from being seen by her daughter, who was rubbing her eyes as she sleepily walked towards her. "Did I wake you up?"

Her daughter didn't answer, but she kept coming towards her as fast as her little legs allowed her. Seungwan chuckled as she stood up, trying to not wince loudly because of the sharp pain coming from her injury due to her sudden movement. She walked towards her daughter to meet her in the middle, doing her best to not look like she was limping. The little girl immediately threw her hands up once Seungwan was in front of her, asking to be picked up. Seungwan sighed, she really can't say no to her daughter's wishes. That's why she leaned down to pick her up, ignoring the way her injured body protested from the gesture.

"Alright, Jieun," started Seungwan as she brought her to the kitchen, taking her warmed dinner out from the microwave. "Why are you awake?"

"Milk," answered Jieun shortly, like what Seungwan had predicted. She took a bottle of milk her wife had prepared from the refrigerator, put it inside the microwave for her to heat up in a minute. Seungwan felt her little finger poking against her cheek, wanting her attention. "Mama, why did you just come home?"

"I have business I need to do," answered Seungwan as vaguely as usual, cutting a piece of the meatloaf for her to take a bite. It's the same good taste as usual, the taste of home. "Why do Umma cook meatloaf? Did you do something good today?"

Jieun shook her head as the ding sound tells her that her milk is ready. Seungwan took it out and let it sit for a while so it would not be too hot for Jieun to hold. "Umma said you will come home soon if she cooked meatloaf."

She can't help but to chuckle from her daughter's pure answer. Her wife must be sending her a text about what they have for dinner earlier. Sadly, Seungwan is too busy beating up bad guys and escaping from their hideout to check her phone. Coming back home in one piece is far more important than knowing what she will eat for dinner tonight.

"Here, your milk," Seungwan gave her bottle of milk that she thought has cooled down enough for Jieun to hold it without any problem, but still warm for her daughter to enjoy. "Now go back to sleep."

Her daughter didn't waste her time to start enjoying her milk and leaning her head on her shoulder, acting like it was her pillow as she slowly drifted back to sleep. Seungwan silently watched her daughter close her eyes while was busy from the dot to keep drinking her warm milk, while her other hand tightly hugged the little plushie she brought along with her. She meticulously wipes the milk that was slipping out from the corner of her little mouth, while trying to not bother her too much to wake Jieun.

"Stop pointing your gun towards my head, Joohyun," snorted Seungwan to the figure who hid in the darkness. "I thought I have proven to you enough that I'm your real wife."

"Safety measures. Who knows there are people out there who are as good as you in disguise," shrugged Joohyun as she stepped out from the darkness after she put her gun back on the hoisters. She walked towards her, watching her daughter who was already falling asleep in her arms before switching her gaze to her ignored plate of dinner. Joohyun let out a sigh as she carefully took Jieun from her embrace, telling Seungwan with her eyes to finish her dinner. "Go take a shower after this. I will wait for you in bed with the first aid kit."

Seungwan raised her eyebrow from the last statement. "Can you heal my injuries?"

"Can you do it yourself?" snorted Joohyun, whom Seungwan believed already knew how bad her injuries were just from watching her taking care of Jieun earlier. Even when she tried to cover it in front of her daughter. "Stop saying nonsense and just do what I said."

She rolled her eyes, but there was a small smile present on her face. Seungwan did exactly what Joohyun told her to do, although it was a pain in the to take a shower.

"Ow!"

"Stop moving your leg, Seungwan," hissed Joohyun as she stitched up her wound from taking a reckless bullet. "I'm trying to close it."

"It's ing hurts, Joohyun. What do you want me to do?" Seungwan hissed back as she looked at the bullet Joohyun just pulled out from her thigh, now lying lifelessly on the floor. Her wife does not even give her time to take a breath when she continues tending to her injury by stitching up the wound. 

"Not whining like a damn baby," snorted Joohyun as she continued with her work. It didn't take her a long time to close the wound. She even did a good job by stitching it neatly, like it was done by an expert. "There, all done. Now show me the wound on your waist."

"Where did you learn that?" frowned Seungwan after she took a look at her thigh that was taking a bullet on her mission earlier. She already raised her t-shirt slightly to show Joohyun the ugly wound on her waist, the one she was about to cure before Jieun came to her. "Are you secretly taking a medical lesson?"

"Assassins don't have the luxury to get the help from someone else to cure our injury. That's why we need to learn this by ourselves," explained Joohyun as she dabbed ointment on the wound that had started to change color into a purple bruise. "A senior of mine taught me how."

Seungwan hummed as she watched Joohyun taking care of the wound on her waist, doing it so carefully to not hurt her. "That's cool. Thank you for this."

Joohyun simply snorted as she was done with her additional task for the night. She packed all the necessary amenities back to the box while Seungwan covered her wound by lowering her shirt. "What did you do earlier to come home this late and get beaten up like this? Someone who threatens the peace between our countries?"

"I can't tell you about that," answered Seungwan while she was lying down on her side of the bed. She noticed the sharp stare Joohyun gave her who was about to put the first aid kit on the makeup table for the time being. Seungwan let out a sigh, knowing this will be a long conversation before she finally gets to sleep. "I'm a spy, Joohyun. Everything I do is confidential. It's not because I didn't trust you."

"Right," scoffed Joohyun, who purposefully dropped the first aid kit loudly on the table.

"Come on, babe. Don't make me look like the bad guy here," whined Seungwan as she watches every move Joohyun makes, who decides to join her in bed after snorting when she calls her 'babe'. "What do you want me to do about this? It's the regulation. And it's not like you will tell me about your next mission in detail."

"I will," replied Joohyun, which easily made Seungwan shut up as the words left . "I will tell you because I don't know what will happen in the mission and maybe, you can help me from dying."

Seungwan only stared at her before she wiped her face roughly, sighing into her palm. Joohyun got a point with her reason, but the way Seungwan's job works is not like that. It concerns the safety of her country—she needs to keep it a secret even though Joohyun already knew who she was. "Well, it's not like dying was an option for me. I have a lot on my plate right now, I need to be alive."

"Why?" asked Joohyun, close to a scoff but at the same time she is also curious. "There's a lot of missions you need to do for your country?"

"Believe it or not, it's because I have you and Jieun," answered Seungwan, now it's Joohyun's turn to remain silent. "I have two girls waiting for me to come back home in one piece, preferably without injury. I can't die yet. I still want to do a lot of things with you. I still want to make Jieun laugh and be happy."

Joohyun only looks at her in silence before she breaks her composure with a heavy sigh. Seungwan understands what her wife is currently feeling as she pat her back. They're both having a dangerous occupation as a living, there will always be a chance for them to die while doing a mission. So to come back home and still breathing, is already a luxury.

"Hug me while sleeping, please?" asked Seungwan meekly, giving light scratches on her back. "But please be careful with my wound. It still hurts like a ."

"Have you gotten weaker, Twilight?" Joohyun raised her eyebrow as she carefully laid her body beside Seungwan, using her arm as her pillow as she hugged her wife from the side. Being careful to not touch her wound that was still fresh. Seungwan only chuckled from the teasing, lightly brushing her locks of hair that got tangled to her fingers. "Stay at home tomorrow."

"Why? You have a mission?" asked Seungwan, which Joohyun answered lightly with a hum. "Who's the target this time, Thorn Princess?"

"Some stupid businessman," Joohyun grunts, probably from the thought that she needs to kill another unnecessary man once again. "They don't abide by the rules that were already set, that's why our clients asked for him to be killed."

"I see," nodded Seungwan, secretly listing the potential target of Joohyun inside her mind to know who she is going to kill tomorrow. It's easier to ask, she knows that, but it's more fun this way. She turned her head to the side to look at her wife. "Let's go out somewhere this weekend. I think Jieun misses spending time together with us."

"Jieun, or you?" teased Joohyun which brings a pout to Seungwan's face. Joohyun only chuckled from her expression. "Sure, that sounds nice."

"Great," grinned Seungwan before she let out a huge yawn. Her body feels like they got beaten into a pulp and she really needs to rest right now. Especially when she needs to take care of Jieun alone tomorrow because Joohyun will be busy with her job. "Good night, Hyun."

Seungwan couldn't help but to smile when she felt  her lips pressed against her cheek for the last kiss of the day. "Good night, Wan. Sleep tight."

---

i have been dying to write for something domestic and im also dying to write spy x fam wenrene version so! here we go! let me just give you the back story.

wenrene met randomly on somewhere in the city (just like the beginning story of mr and mrs smith). they lied about their occupation, and they fall in love with each other so they decided to get married (plus it's an advantage situation for their secret identity).

and finally, after a few years of marriage, they finally met each other as their real version ACCIDENTALLY bcs they shared the same location and target for their missions djkjlsjlfjls. it was awkward and more of like just a talk once they decided to come out clean, but when theyre done, they have , and boom we got jieun.

so yeah, that's for the back story behind this drabble. the short time has been fun as i enjoyed writing this, so i hope you guys will enjoy it too!

please tell me what you think about this story in the comment! if you want to interact with me, you can find me on twitter (just follow, i will accept)! feel free to also buy me a coffee!

i think that's all from me. thank you for reading and see you in the next story!