Just know that I would die for you

Sugar Cake

so this was actually meant to be uploaded for wenrene day but somehow I need much longer time to finish this so yea I only manage to give this to you now. let's just say this story as the celebration of wendy's second solo photoshoot LIKE OH MY GOD SHE DESERVE IT SO MUCH YES I'M PROUD OF MY BABY!

anyway enjoy :)

---

“Do you know where the Prince is?”

“She’s in the garden, General.”

The General sighed. Of course the Prince is in the garden. It’s her calming place after all. A place to make peace with the storm inside her mind. Being the only childhood friend of the Prince making the General understand about her more than the King and the Queen themselves.

The General thanked the maid before going towards the garden. Swinging her heavy boots, trying to find a familiar blonde hair that she already knew by memory. Glistening in-between the shady green of leaves and colourful colours of flowers petal.

The Prince was crouching in front of a beautiful red flower, something that the General was already familiar with. A prickling, mesmerizing red rose that can lure you inside the lust of their beauty, unaware of the dangerous thorns that could hurt you until beads of red dropped from the glowing, smooth skin.

“Took you pretty long to find me,” murmured the Prince, still crouching in the front of the flower, smelling the sweet scent.

“I was attending an important meeting, Your Highness,” answered the General in an uninterested tone. “A meeting that I believe, you need to attend too.”

The Prince chuckled. “Sometimes you need to be a little bit laid back in this stuff, General.”

“Laid back when we are talking about the plan to save La Rouge from the enemies?”

“Calm down,” snickered the Prince. “Take a deep breath, General Kang. Try to shake off those nerves in the system inside your body slowly.”

“Your Highness,” General Kang sighed. “I believe this is an important thing for the kingdom. Especially for you, Prince Seungwan. Since you are responsible for the safety of your people.”

“Do you think I don’t know that?” deadpanned Seungwan, still looking at the roses in front of her. “I know it so much that it makes me sick when I talk about it.”

General Kang bowed her head. “I’m sorry, Your Highness. I didn’t mean that.”

Seungwan released a deep sigh as she stood up from her crouching position, taking a deep breath of refreshing smell that was emanating from the flowers they plant around the palace. Making the Garden of Eden as one of the beautiful places inside La Rouge’s palace. “It’s a beautiful day to go to the forest. Don’t you think so, General?”

General Kang raised her eyebrow from the instantaneous change of the behaviour of the Prince. “Do you want to do something in the forest, Your Highness?”

“A bit of hunting sounds nice,” smiled Seungwan as she looked at the serious expression of General Kang. “Cut the seriousness, Seulgi. You are not around the Prime Minister and his underlings anymore. Only me.”

“I think I told you to call me General Kang even when it’s just the two of us, Your Highness,” deadpanned Seulgi. Didn’t feel amused with what Seungwan said to her earlier. “And by his underlings, did you mean the ministers?”

Seungwan just shrugged off the protest and the question of her childhood friend as she walked towards the palace’s horse stall. “Come on, Seulgi. Let’s get our horses and be free from this barrier.”

Seulgi just looked at her who already walked away with her light steps while whistling a certain song that was always being played by the street musician in the kingdom. She released her suppressed sigh as she followed her towards the horse stall. Getting ready to go to the forest.

---

“Push it!” yelled the little fairy who people called Rosé. “Come on, guys! Where are your strengths!”

All the giant beings inside the magical forest started to push the big log that was blocking the river, trying to make it go away and let the refreshing water of it start to flow again. Following the current.

“On my calls! One, two, three, push!”

The giants that were made from a dead log plus with the help of some enchanting magical spell started to push the log with all its might. Sounds of deep grunts filled the whole area of the forest, alongside several small gaps from animals and other fairies that watched the heroic scene with nervousness in their faces.

“Rosé, do you really think this will be successful?” whispered another fairy called Lisa. “I mean, they are strong but, I think this is too much?”

“This is not too much, Lisa,” answered Rosé as she still looked at the giants who were pushing the log who only moved inch by inch at each push. “They can do it.”

“Do you think she will know?”

Rosé quickly whipped her head to look at Lisa with seriousness in her face. “She can never know about this. And, even if she knows, do you think she will help us? I don’t think so. She is a cold-hearted being after all.”

Lisa frowned in disagreement. “But she is the one who protects us from the outside world. And she is the one who made all these giants do this for us.”

Rosé scoffed. “So? Doesn’t mean I hate her less. She is still the most annoying being in the whole world. Protecting us from what? Humans? When they do nothing to us? Bah!”

The raven-haired fairy released her defeated sigh as her dark brown orbs spotted two familiar animals on top of the branch quite far from their position. She can notice the eagle and the raven clearly, watching every act that is happening in the river with sharp eyes of theirs.

Lisa gulped in nervousness. Finding both of their judging stares, suddenly making her feel heavy and start crushing her with an imaginable weight of guilt. She elbowed the fairy beside her who was still yelling cheering for the giants. “What is it?” protested Rosé, getting annoyed because she was being disturbed.

“They’re here.”

“Who?”

“Her servers.”

Rosé frowned with confusion as Lisa pointed her fingers towards the location of where the raven and the eagle are. Her eyes followed her finger as she also spotted the familiar two animals, nestled comfortably on a big branch of an old tree. She let out a snort. “They will not turn us to her.”

“How do you know?”

The pink-clothed fairy shrugged. “I just know.”

Lisa still furrows her forehead as she peeks her gaze back to the branch, when the two birds have gone. Flying away up to the blue sky, making her confusion started to stir more.

The two birds with their sharp eyes started their daily look around. Trying to know that everything around them is alright and as normal as it could be. Without any threats that could make the existence of all the magical creatures inside the forest on a lifeline.

The eagle was about to turn around, going back to its place up in the highest mountain when the raven let out its croaked voice. The eagle flapped its wing towards where the raven stopped as they looked at the same spot that the small bird wanted to show.

A human. Right outside the border.

Both of them looked at each other with worry in their eyes as they started to turn around, flying towards her place that was also located right up in the highest mountain.

Once they arrived, they started to make noise to let her know that they had arrived from their usual patrol. Glitters of light started to surround them as they quickly changed into their human form.

“Goddammit, Joy, stop hitting me when you were done changing into your human self,” protested Yeri, the raven.

“Maybe it’s you who can’t even stand upright after all of that fiasco,” scoffed Joy, the eagle, while rolling her eyes.

“Shut up you big eagle.”

“Maybe stop screaming you annoying midget raven.”

“Didn’t I tell both of you to not disturb me when you didn’t need to?”

Both of them started to straighten up their bodies as they locked their gaze to the being who was standing at the edge of the cave. Looking down at the magical forest where they all lived with all its diversity of magical creatures.

Joy cleared as her mind racked, trying to come up with the right words to not let the giant fairy with her horns and her giant wings turn into her wrath. “I—I mean, we have news for you, Irene.”

Yeri nodded, even though she knew that the dark fey can’t see her movement because she turned her back on them. “But please, don’t be mad and calm yourself after we deliver the news.”

“Just get to the point already,” hissed Irene, still turning her back on them. Looking at the calming and annoying scenery of the magical forest.

The eagle elbowed the raven beside her. “Aren’t you the one who should announce it to her? Since it’s you who spotted it after all.”

“What?” opposed Yeri. “You are the one who is her first server. Just freaking tell her.”

A gush of strong wind hitting them immediately as the dark fey, as fast as the lightning, moved from the edge of the cave to be right in front of them just in seconds. Looking at them like she was about to roast them and eat them for dinner tonight. “Start speaking. Both of you. Now.”

The two women gulped, feeling scared with her sharp gaze as they told her the thing they wanted to tell together. “We just spotted a human right outside the border.”

Irene’s expression got darker because of the words. “You spotted what?”

“I–I think she is pretty harmless, Irene,” chuckled Yeri nervously, didn’t wanting to ignite the anger that started to burn up. “I mean, she's just looking around.”

Joy nodded in agreement. “Yeah. I don’t think she will bother to disturb the border and-“

The sound of the bell making her stopped trying to tell a rational reasoning. A sign that the human they are talking about, is disturbing the border of the said agreement that has been made several years ago in the past.

“Both of you follow me when I tear apart this aggravating being,” stated Irene darkly as she changed the two women into their original state, fleeing towards the border to catch the human.

---

“Did you see anything?”

“No animals in sight, Your Highness,” answered Seulgi, stopping the movement of her big brown horse that she always rode whenever she needed to go somewhere. Including hunting some wild animals. “There is no deer or boar in this forest.”

Seungwan hummed as she also stopped the movement of her white stark horse. Her eyes wander, trying to see through the thick bushes of wild plants in the forest. Wanting to find a certain animal she could shoot her arrow too. “Let’s split up. It has a bigger chance for us to find something inside this thick forest.”

Seulgi frowned in disapproval. “Are you serious, Your Highness? This forest is dangerous enough for you to be able to get lost easily inside it. No one sane enough to wander in this forest alone.”

“Why?” asked Seungwan with a teasing smirk. “Are you scared, General Kang?”

Her left eyebrow twitched in annoyance because of the teasing. “I’m trying to prevent something bad happening to you, Your Highness.”

“I can take care of myself just fine, General Kang. Thank you very much for your concern.”

Seulgi let out a desperate sigh. “Your Highness-“

“I’m going to go to the Western area, in case there is something there,” commanded Seungwan as she takes a look at her distressed General. “And how about you going to the Northern area? Just quick skimming.”

“Your Highness, you know we can’t go to the Western area of the forest. Especially you, going alone in there,” warned Seulgi, closing the distance of their horses so her point could get through the thick skull of the Prince. “The Prime Minister already told you that the Western forest is forbidden to be visited. And it will stay like that.”

“Yeah, about that,” winced Seungwan in fake guiltiness. “I think I want to know why he forbade us, especially me, to come to the Western forest. That’s why I will still be going there.”

“Your Highness-“

“You won’t tell anyone, right, Seulgi?”

Seulgi bit her tongue at the subtle comminatory behind the question. She knew that the Prince has made her mind up for this, and can never go back. The General released her resigned sigh, agreeing to whatever Seungwan was proposing to her earlier. “Fine. If we didn’t meet each other here in an hour, then you can start praying that I will not tell the Prime Minister about this obedience that was done by the one and only heir of the King. Do we have an agreement, Your Highness?”

“Deal,” smirked Seungwan as she prepared her horse to go to the Western forest. “Now let’s split up since one hour is such a short time. Let’s go, Chanel!”

The white horse let out a loud neigh as it started to run through the forest. Cutting down thick bushes as it gallops its way towards the west side of the forest. The forbidden side where no one has ever been allowed to come near it.

Seungwan encourages Chanel more, making her run as fast as it could. Reaching its potential speed that has become the legend inside the kingdom, and also igniting fears for their eternal enemies.

The Prince frowned when she found the path towards the Western forest being blocked by a thick, white fog. It’s not a rare occurrence for the forest to have a fog. But having it this thick? Like it was discouraging people to sneak its way through it and found what was the secret of the mythical west side of the forest.

Chanel stopped its running, panicked with the sight of the cloudy fog in front of her. “Hey! Calm down, beautiful. It’s alright. It’s just a fog,” muttered Seungwan softly as she rubbed the side of her neck, trying to calm the four-legged animal down. “Let’s go slowly this time. You and me.”

The white horse neighing softly as her answer, before walking through the thick fog of the Western forest. Seungwan sharpened her gaze as she tried to spot something right at her front while navigating Chanel so it kept walking to the right direction.

Her face brightened when she found that the fog wasn’t as thick anymore. She immediately encourages Chanel to make her steps faster. The horse started galloping again, can’t wait to finally meet the familiar sight of the forest as something beyond the fog made them abruptly stop.

It wasn’t a forest anymore. No. It was a large grass field, surrounded by a big and tall wall. Seungwan frowned as she looked at the creepy branches that looked like a wooden barrier. A gate to prevent someone stepping inside the Western forest and making their exploration.

“What is this place?” muttered Seungwan softly as she scanned the branches that looked like it was growing up with such detail. Covering everything that they hid inside the wooden barrier. Didn’t let her take a peek of what was in it.

Chanel let out a soft neigh, nervous with the strange situation that emanates from the field. Seungwan tapped the side of her neck as she took her into a slow walk. Trying to make sense of what is this place and why the Prime Minister forbid the whole kingdom to come here.

“There is no way to go inside,” stated Seungwan with confusion inside her tone. “Hello? Anyone! Can you hear me?”

The echo of her yelling is the only reply that she got, alongside a gushing wind that somehow feels too chilly to be felt in summer. She was about to yell again when she found something suspicious flying above her.

“What is that?” asked Seungwan with a voice filled with caution. Her trained arms quickly retrieved her bow and her arrow, readying herself for whatever attack she was about to get.

It was silent. Too silent for her liking. Her sharpened eyes looked around, trying to find something suspicious. She spotted a movement from the right side of her eyes. She was about to release her arrow when she found an eagle and a raven nestling comfortably on a branch of a tree.

A frown bloomed on Seungwan’s forehead. Since when an eagle and a raven can live side by side like that? She was about to walk down towards the birds when someone pushed her off from the horse, making her lay down on the ground harshly. Chanel immediately panicked and started running away, leaving her alone at the border of the Western forest.

“I thought we had an agreement about this.”

Her frown got deeper from that sentence. She was about to ask what was the agreement that she meant when she looked at the being above her carefully.

Two big horns grow from her forehead, standing tall like it was her majestic crown followed by the flow of her silky black hair. Her beautifully crafted face positioned so close to her own, as her mesmerizing eyes sent thousands of invisible daggers towards her. Her sharp teeth showing from her red ruby lips. Big wings spread itself to each side, making her look more intimidating. She can feel her sharp nails grazing themselves on the skin of her neck. One scratch can make a blood drop just like that easily.

“No way. A dark fey?” breathed out Seungwan in disbelief. “I thought you were just a legend-”

The grip on her neck tightens as she can feel the blood started dripping down from her skin. “What are you doing here, human?”

“I meant no harm. I swear,” gasped Seungwan as she brought her hands up in the air, surrendering to the beautiful dark fey above her. Remembering the lesson that one of her teachers told her at the class that she needs to take to become a full royalty. Never make a dark fey believe that you were about to harm them.

The eyes of the dark fey squinted down as she hardened her gaze. “Do you think I believe that?” spat her coldly. “We already had an agreement that the humans are forbidden to come to this area. Or did that old man didn’t tell you anything about it?”

Seungwan was about to ask again what was the agreement that she meant when her brain finally gave her the answer. “Ah, the Diamond Deal. The west side of the forest is forbidden for La Rouge’s people.”

The dark fey flashed her a scary smirk as she leaned in, closing the proximity between the both of them. “Then what are you doing in here, you filthy human?”

“I swear, I didn’t mean any harm,” stated Seungwan once again, still putting her hands up.

“Why is there a sword and a bow plus its arrows on your belongings, then?”

“You know how dangerous the forest is, right?” chuckled Seungwan nervously. “I mean, I brought that to protect myself and hunt some animals.”

The smirk grew wider. “Yeah, I know how dangerous the forest is.” The dark fey dragged her finger across her cheek, making a small cut with her sharp nail. “Especially when it was occupied with someone like me.”

“Look, I’m sorry,” Seungwan stopped her sentence as a confused frown bloomed on her forehead. “Okay, I’m sorry again but who’s your name?”

The dark fey gritted her teeth. “I don’t think you deserve to know my name, you filthy creature.”

“It’s Irene!”

Both of them immediately moved their heads towards the source of the sound, finding two women standing side by side. One is a tall woman wearing a white and chocolate outfit, while the other one is a small woman wearing an all black attire.

“Her name is Irene!” yelled the taller woman again while the smaller woman just flashed her gruntled expression

“Goddammit Joy,” cursed Irene. “I should have never transformed you both to be in your human state.”

Transform? Seungwan frowned as she looked at the two women. So they’re the eagle and the raven? That’s why they were nestling on top of the branch so close with each other. The blonde prince let out a soft chuckle. “So, Irene-“

“Don’t try to be all friendly with me, human,” hissed Irene loudly.

Seungwan raised her eyebrow in amusement. She looked less intimidating now, not when she spotted a soft blush blooming on her cheeks. “Fine. As I was saying, Irene, I’m coming to this area just to find out why the west area of the forest is forbidden for us to come.”

“You already know why,” gritted Irene. “Now off before I tear you apart.”

“Geez why are you so cruel? Give the Prince a chance here.”

Irene raises her eyebrow as she takes a look to her side, finding Yeri already standing beside her. “The Prince?”

Yeri rolled her eyes. “Don’t you know that she is the heir of the La Rouge Kingdom?”

The frown on Irene’s forehead furrows deeper. “No? I thought it’s a man? Not a woman?”

Seungwan grinned as her eyes locked its gaze once again to the beautiful orbs of Irene, her deep inside the darkness abyss of the whirlwind chaos of her dark eyes. “Prince Seungwan of La Rouge at your service, Irene.”

Irene only sent her a death glare as she threw her away easily from her gaze like a piece of small trash. Her eyes locked to Yeri who reciprocates her gaze with her flat expression. “Why didn’t you tell me anything about it?”

“For fairies’ sakes! Did you even see how you reacted whenever we mention the word ‘human’ to you?” scoffed Yeri, feeling annoyed with how Irene acted right now. “And now you are asking why we never tell you about it.”

“Are you alright, Your Highness?” asked Joy as she came towards the place where Seungwan had landed after being thrown that easily. “I’m sorry. Irene always has a tendency like that. Being wild and throwing away people like they are trash.”

Irene grumbled as she looked at one of her servers talking with the filthy human. “Joy! What are you doing there? Come here!”

Joy only rolled her eyes as she offered Seungwan her hand, wanting to help her to stand up on her feet. The Prince grabbed it wholeheartedly while a wince slipped out from . “Is she always like that with humans?” huffed Seungwan

“You bet,” deadpanned Joy. Both of them started to walk together towards where Irene and Yeri stood at their spot. “She has a traumatic past because of a human. That’s why.”

Seungwan hummed in understanding as she flashed a wide grin towards the scowling Irene. “Hi, Irene.”

“Don’t hi me,” sheeted Irene in annoyance and hatred.

Seungwan just chuckled as she changed the way of her gaze towards Yeri. “And you are?”

“Yeri,” answered Yeri shortly as the woman closed their proximity, scanning her in a short distance. “You are pretty cool from someone coming from the palace. I like you.”

“Thanks,” chuckled Seungwan in appreciation. “For the cool one and the you like me one.”

“You should come here often, right Joy?”

Joy just nodded as Irene voiced out her displeasure. “No!”

Yeri raised her eyebrow. “I was asking Joy, not you, Irene.”

Irene’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance. “I am the protector of this forest. If I said no, then it’s a no.”

“Like we care about it in the first place,” scoffed the small woman, dismissing the dark fey like she was nothing.

“When I cursed you into a damn goat and you will never dare to do things like that to me again,” threatened Irene with a poisonous voice, changing her gaze filled with daggers from the small woman to the annoying, charming Prince. “And you. It’s better if you just go away from here now.”

“Yeah, about that,” winced Seungwan, filled with guilt. “You might scare Chanel when you were throwing me off from her earlier. She just ran away and left me alone here.”

“It’s okay. Your friend is coming here right now alongside your horse,” stated Joy suddenly. “I can see your friend with your horse running towards this way. Maybe trying to find you.”

Seungwan hummed, remembering the General of La Rouge who accompanied her earlier to the forest. Of course Chanel will find her pretty easily in the Northern forest. That horse has its own sense to find her best friend’s horse even though they are lost inside the dense forest and it's hard to find a way to escape from it.

“We should go back now,” stated Irene as she gave Seungwan her last warning glance, while her fingers made a motion to change Joy and Yeri back to its original form. “And you. If I see you again near this area, I will rip your limbs off from your body immediately.”

Seungwan raised her arms again, trying to give her proof that she is harmless and completely surrender to what the dark fey told her. “Okay, Irene.”

Irene let out a small scoff as her answer, before flapping her wings to raise her up to the sky as she flies back towards her own place, followed by the two birds behind her.

Seungwan chuckled as a small smile formed on her lips, looking at the figures that had been swallowed by the wooden wall that became the barrier of the forest. She didn’t think that she would meet someone interesting in the Western forest. Someone as interesting as Irene. The beautiful dark fey who can lure her in if she looked at her eyes longer, making the most special thing inside her started to fall for her.

“Your Highness!”

Her eyes discoursed its way of looking to General Kang who was on top of her horse that was galloping with such speed, alongside Chanel beside them. “Chanel!” exclaimed Seungwan happily by the sight of her beloved horse.

The said horse quickly came to its master, releasing its sound of relief as she nudged its face to the Prince who was laughing happily. “I found her at the lake of the Northern forest,” sighed Seulgi as she stepped down from her horse. “How can she run away?”

“Something might happen earlier,” winced Seungwan with guilt as her hands kept Chanel’s beloved mane.

Seulgi squinted her eyes as she looked at the scratch on her neck and also her cheek. “Your Highness, who just hurt you?”

“No one,” dismissed Seungwan with a forced voice, making Seulgi look at her suspiciously. “I just got hit with wild branches on my way here. And Chanel got scared because of my clumsiness. That’s why.”

“You know you can never lie especially with me, Your Highness.”

“Let’s talk about this somewhere, General Kang,” said Seungwan as she climbed up Chanel to sit on its saddle. “The day is going to turn into dark.”

Seulgi released her suppressed sigh as she also climbed up to the saddle of her horse. “Fine. But you better explain to me everything that has happened with you today, Your Highness.”

“Done deal,” smirked Seungwan as they encouraged their horses to start moving, leaving the vast field of the Western forest that was bordered with giant wooden walls. “Anyway, Seulgi. Do you still remember what Scholar Kim taught us about magical creatures?”

A frown bloomed on Seulgi’s forehead. “Magical creatures, Your Highness?”

Seungwan nodded excitedly as her face contorted into an amused expression, remembering what had happened earlier at her encounter with three women. Especially the beautiful one. “Yeah. You know dark fey, don’t you?”

“I guess,” shrugged Seulgi. “May I know why, Your Highness?”

“I just met her earlier, Seulgi,” answered Seungwan with a soft voice. “And she is the most beautiful being I have ever seen with my own eyes.”

---

Irene landed on top of the field with an angry expression on her face as she looked at the familiar blonde whom she met yesterday. “I told you to never come here again,” spat the dark fey with her venomous voice.

“And I answered okay,” answered Seungwan with a light voice as her dark brown orbs focused themselves on the butterflies who were playing around up in the sky.

“You promised me.”

A chuckle slipped out from Seungwan’s throat. “Now that is something that I didn’t recall to be happened yesterday.”

Irene releases her curses from her reply. This human has some nerves to tick off her patience and being this close to just let her blow away with anger. “I’m going to rip you off today.”

“I know you won’t.”

“Some confidence you have for a mere human,” scoffed Irene.

“It’s not confidence. It’s a fact. Because you will rip me off immediately the moment you see me seating on this field from above.” Seungwan flashed her a small smile as she patted the empty place beside her. “Come sit beside me, will you? Watching these beautiful butterflies together with me.”

Irene released her snort as she also sat herself down on the grassy field, far away from the blonde. Seungwan just chuckled from her childish act as she continued watching the butterflies playing around in the sky. Feeling the gush of wind hitting them softly as their soft wings trying to keep them stay afloat.

“Where is Joy and Yeri?” asked Seungwan, still looking at the butterflies above. “I kind of miss them.”

“This is the first time someone missed the devil’s right hands,” deadpanned Irene. “They will be here after they are done with the business inside.”

Seungwan hummed wonderingly. “What kind of business?”

“A business that a human like you can never know.”

“Ouch, that hurts,” gasped Seungwan with a fake hurt tone inside her voice. “Can you stop stating that I’m a human every time I talk with you? It feels like we have some gaps between the both of us.”

“That’s why I keep stating that you are a human. So you know there is a gap between us.”

Seungwan changed her gaze to look at the dark fey beside her. Looking glistening and shining as the bright sunlight hitting herself in such a tantalizing way, mesmerizing her at every inch of her being. “What did humans do to you in the past to make you hate them so much?”

Irene shifted her boring gaze from the dancing leaves of a tree to the Prince. “Are you really expecting me to answer your question when you are a human?”

“Just trying my luck,” shrugged Seungwan softly.

The dark fey just looked at her as silence engulfs them once again. Only the sound of buzzing wind and bristling branches can be heard on the field. Until the sound from two familiar birds can be heard from far. “About time,” mumbled Irene as she cast a spell towards the eagle and the raven, changing them into their human form.

“Can you please not change us while we are still up in the sky?” protested Joy as she held her painful head and back from the impact of falling into the ground from such a quiet high place.

“Seungwan!” exclaimed Yeri as she skipped happily towards the blonde. “You come again!”

Seungwan released a loud laugh as the human form of the raven tackled her into a hug. “Of course I am! I can’t keep this place out of my mind!”

“Where’s your horse?” asked Joy as her golden orbs wandered around the field, trying to find the familiar four-legged animal in the vast green area.

“I let her be free,” answered Seungwan nonchalantly. “Just let her wander around this big field, finding something for her to eat.”

Joy hummed softly as she let her eyes keep wandering. “You are coming alone this time.”

“Yeah,” chuckled Seungwan in fascination. “How do you know?”

The human form of the eagle shrugged. “I didn’t see any sight of her anywhere.”

Seungwan chuckled again. “I forgot an eagle has an extraordinary ability of sight.”

“Well, it’s the thing for us to survive.”

“Can we take her inside the forest, Irene? Please?” begged Yeri, still latching herself on the toned body of the Prince.

“No,” answered Irene with a firm tone. “We already made an agreement. No human can step inside the Western forest. Not even La Rouge’s palace officials.”

Yeri pouted in disagreement. The blonde smiled softly at the sight as her hand patted the top of her head gently. “It’s okay. I will visit this field often. I will take my friend instead if you want!”

“For real?”

“For real!”

Irene scoffed. “Why don’t you just take the whole army of the palace and start attacking this place instead?”

“And ruin this beautiful place?” gasped Seungwan in disbelief. “I will be so crazy to do that.”

“See, Irene?” asked Yeri in a teasing voice. “She is a kind human.”

Irene’s scowl on her face got deeper as the blonde and the raven released their loud laugh from her reaction. Joy just watched their reaction with mirth dancing inside her golden orbs as a small smile started to bloom on her lips. And something that has long gone inside, starting to find its way out and become a lovely sprout for her to take care of.

---

Seulgi let out a forced sigh as her expression formed in the most deadpanned way ever. “And why am I here again, Your Highness?”

“Because I want you to meet my new friends,” grinned Seungwan as she pointed her fingers to Yeri who was currently lying down on top of the grass field. “That is Yeri. She is originally a raven, but she can change into her human form.”

“A bird,” muttered Seulgi in a flat tone. “And that tall woman is also a bird too?”

“Yup,” nodded Seungwan. “She is Joy, originally an eagle.”

Seulgi raised her eyebrow slightly as Seungwan’s explanation answered her question of why she has a golden pair of eyes. Her light brown eyes scanned the taller woman once again before moving it towards the only being with giant wings at their back. “The dark fey,” stated Seulgi as her eyes filled with suspicion.

“That is Irene, the protector of the Western forest,” explained Seungwan, pointed her finger at Irene who was currently looking at the both of them with daggers inside her eyes. “And she is Kang Seulgi, the trusted General of La Rouge and also my best friend.”

Yeri did the same thing she did to Seungwan when they met for the first time in Seulgi, scanning her from a close distance. “You are too serious of a human. I don’t like you.”

“Glad we are on the same board,” deadpanned Seulgi.

“Geez, you are having the most no-jam person as your General,” protested Yeri. “Can’t you change her into someone else instead? To be your General?”

Seungwan let out her crisp laugh again, finding amusement at the raven’s protest. “I can’t. It’s not my decision to do so. And she is actually a really good General, well, beside her serious personality.”

Seulgi just rolled her eyes from the subtle teasing that the Prince just threw to her. A frown bloomed on her forehead as she felt someone looking at her with such intensity. She turned around to where she felt the gaze from, only to lock her light brown orbs with the golden one. “What?”

Joy shrugged easily like she wasn’t just caught red-handed from looking at the General Kang openly. “Your armour. Is that pure iron?”

“Yeah,” answered Seulgi, shifting her eyes to look at Irene who was still looking at her with the same intensity as earlier. With invisible daggers filled inside the gaze. “To protect me from beings like her.”

Irene let out a scoff. “Maybe if your kind didn’t attack us first, you will not have that armour as your damned protector.”

“Oh, now your ability is also managed to lie your way in?”

“Seulgi,” warned Seungwan as she gripped the General’s shoulder with her strong grip. “Don’t cross the line here.”

“What the hell are you even doing in this place, Your Highness?” gritted Seulgi in annoyance. “You are being reckless by risking your safety. What if the Prime Minister knew about this?”

“Thank goodness for helping me with that,” stated Irene as she threw her dislike glance towards the Prince. “I have tried to tell her several times about this but she’s too stubborn.”

“Told her several times? By hurting her?”

Irene’s eyes turned darker from that accusation. “That was none of your business.”

“Oh, that is clearly my business,” stated Seulgi as her rigid form changed into the form preparing for a battle. “My job is to protect her, especially from people like you.”

“Oh yeah? Then, where were you when she first arrived here?”

Seulgi unsheathed her sword from its casing at her waist, pointed it perfectly at the dark fey who were walking closer towards the both of them. “One more step, and I will make sure you will never turn your damned companion back into their original form again.”

“Make me.”

“For God's sake guys, please, stop it!” declared Seungwan as she gripped Seulgi’s wrist, trying to lower the sword. “General, I suggest you to put back your sword now.”

Seulgi still pointed her sword towards Irene for a while, before pulling back and putting the sword back into its original place reluctantly. She can hear Seungwan released a relieved sigh from her action. The dark fey retreated back towards her original seating place before sending the General her warning glance.

“I thought we promised about this,” gritted Seungwan in annoyance.

“I have never promised something about this, Your Highness,” answered Seulgi in a low voice. “If it’s risking your safety, then I will never promise something about it.”

Seungwan let out a deep sigh as she spotted finality inside Seulgi’s tone when she said it. Now, she can never change the General’s mind about this. “Just don’t tell the Prime Minister that I have come here often.”

Seulgi just stayed silent, and didn't give her an answer for her plea.

---

Rosé gasped in happiness as she looked at the woman in front of her. “I can’t believe I finally see a human with my own eyes!”

“Calm down, Rosé,” snickered Jisoo, lightly sitting on the human’s shoulder like it was the most comfortable place ever. “Stop overreacting over something not worth overreacting.”

The pink fairy huffed in annoyance. “You acted like you weren’t just freaking out earlier, Jisoo!”

Lisa observing the human’s face closely. Locking her gaze against one of the dark brown orbs, assessing the slicked back blonde hair and the outfit that the human wore. “Who are you?”

“I’m Prince Seungwan from the La Rouge kingdom. Nice to meet you.”

“The Prince?” gasped Rosé in shock. “That witch letting you go inside the forest?”

Seungwan frowned from the question. “The witch?”

“It’s Irene, our protector,” answered Jisoo while leaning closer to her ear. “Rosé didn’t like Irene from the beginning, so she called her the witch.”

“Because she is the witch!” grumbled Rosé in annoyance. “Preventing us to go outside and meet the human. This is even our first time meeting a damn human since we were born!”

The Prince raised her eyebrow in wonder. “How did the fairies like you born, by the way? If you don’t mind me asking.”

“Oh, we will never mind you asking us everything, Your Highness, especially Rosé,” snickered Lisa in a joking tone. “We are originally a flower before Irene enchanted and turned us into a fairy like this.”

“A flower?” muttered Seungwan softly. “So technically, Irene is your creator?”

Lisa nodded. “She is the one who creates all the magical creatures in here. From the tree giants to us, the fairies.”

The Prince nodded again while humming. “She is quite powerful for a dark fey.”

“Oh, she is the most powerful being than all of us combined,” stated Jisoo lightly. “That’s why she became our protector. The one we held our faith to. Even Rosé still has some respect for her.”

“Why did you say that like I don’t know how to be grateful?” sneered Rosé in annoyance. “I don’t like her? Yes. But at least I’m still respecting her.”

“Whatever you say,” deadpanned Jisoo.

The other two beings watch the fairies bickers with each other from far. Alongside watching the human who was currently letting out her loudest laugh, getting entertained from the bickering of the fairies.

“Now I know why you let that human come inside the forest,” muttered Jennie, one of the fairies, as she observed Seungwan who was happily conversing with her friends.

“And why is that?” asked Irene. Her eyes fixed to the blonde woman who looked mesmerizing under the bathing sunlight. Lightening every perfect spot of her with the best way possible.

“She is different than any human you have ever met.”

Irene let out a snort from Jennie’s words. “Every human is the same for me, including her.”

“Oh yeah?” asked Jennie, didn’t feel impressed with her answer. “Then why are you letting her come inside the forest? You know there is that particular agreement that you already made with the Prime Minister.”

“She insisted on going inside the forest,” grumbled Irene in annoyance. “She won’t stop bothering me about it, and the only way to shut her up is letting her in.”

“And bring her to us?” snorted Jennie. “You are so easy to read, do you know that Irene?”

“Shut up before I turn you back into a flower.”

“You won’t dare to do that,” snickered Jennie in her teasing tone. “No one can help you handle the fairies better than me.”

“I still have Jisoo.”

“Please, she is literally hopeless in handling the rest of the two, especially Rosé.”

“Don’t start with that, Jennie.”

Jennie chuckles from hearing the deep sigh that Irene just let out. She looked at the dark fey fondly, noticing the changing features on her expression. It was much lighter than usual. Less depressing as it's constantly filled with happiness that she got from interacting with the human recently. Something that makes the fairy feel gratitude with what the Prince did unconsciously to the emotionless dark fey.

“Is there something on my face?” asked Irene as she raised her eyebrow.

“No,” chuckled Jennie lightly. “You just looked happier than usual. And I’m glad that you are.”

Irene just scoffed as her reaction. But Jennie still catches the subtle smile that her lips unintentionally made. And she knows that the dark fey also feels happy with the positive changes that the human brought to her.

---

Months has already gone by from the first meeting between the Prince and the dark fey. It took her much longer than she predicted for the dark fey to finally warmed up with her. It’s not an easy journey, but it’s also not a waste of time either.

Especially when Seungwan has finally witnessed Irene’s beautiful smile, laughing from the corny jokes that she made for her. Showing off her teeth and her beautiful eye smiles and the blushing cheeks. God, she has fallen, and it’s hard and fast and Seungwan didn’t have any intention to stop.

Sounds of clashing swords filled the training room that evening. Swift movement as they tried to evade the swing of each other’s sword hitting the both of them becoming the main attention inside the square room.

“You seem to manage to get close with that dark fey, Your Highness,” said the General as their swords clashed again with each other.

Seungwan just laughed as she swiftly evaded the swing of her sword. “Yeah. It took me quite long but, it’s all worth it, I think.”

Seulgi raised her eyebrow as she kicked Seungwan’s foot, making her fall flat on her back to the mattress underneath her. The General quickly straddled her and put her sword on top of her neck, stopping her from any movement she was about to make with one threat. “All worth it, and making you easily distracted like this, Your Highness?”

The Prince just chuckled from that question as she threw her sword away, accepting her defeat. “She just doesn’t want to leave my mind.”

The General above looked at her with an indescribable gaze, before standing up and offering her hand to Seungwan, lending her help to pull her up. “I guess I can’t do something about this thing, can I?”

Seungwan chuckled as she gripped her rough palm with her own, pulling herself up with such ease. “She is just, interesting, Seulgi. Far more interesting than anything I have stumbled upon for my whole life.”

Seulgi just looked at her with her famous straight expression, before her lips cracked into a smile. “I’m happy that you finally found your own happiness, Your Highness.”

“Thanks, Seul. I appreciated it,” grinned Seungwan as she took her sword back. “Now, ready for round four?”

The taller woman let out a soft chuckle before going back to her sparring stance. “Bring it up, Your Highness.”

Meanwhile, far up in the highest mountain of the Western, the dark fey was comfortably sitting at the edge of the cliff. Looking at the dark scenery of the forest that was filled with calm ambience and silence. Only a breeze of wind calmly disturbing the comfortable silence by making the leaves ruffles.

“You seemed pretty calm nowadays, Irene.”

Irene looked to her left, finding Joy currently walking towards her before calmly sitting at the empty place right beside her. “Where’s Yeri?”

“Trying to find food,” snorted Joy, also looking at the beautiful scenery under her. “No wonder you like to be in here alone. It’s pretty good to enjoy the scenery here at night.”

The dark fey raised her eyebrow. “You didn’t find food?”

“Your cave has lots of rats inside. I just need my eyes to catch some of them pretty easily. You should see the disgusted face of Yeri that time when I’m eating them. It’s quite funny.”

Irene let out her soft chuckle as her mind decided to imagine Yeri’s disgusted face when Joy munching those poor rats as her dinner. With a deep scowl and tons of gagging noise, it easily became her source of entertainment.

“I think she is finally successful in warming her way up to you.”

A small smile blooms on the dark fey’s lips. “She is.”

The corner of Joy’s lips quirked upwards. “I have never seen you this happy before. It’s been a while.”

“It’s been years, Joy. Just be honest with that.”

“Fine, it’s been years,” corrected Joy while rolling her eyes. “What did she do to you, honestly.”

“I don’t know,” shrugged Irene. “She is just being herself and always respecting our distance before I grew comfortable with her.”

“She is respecting you,” voiced out Joy. “The thing that you rarely experience from people like her.”

The small smile on Irene’s lips grew wider. “True. Maybe that’s why.”

“I’m glad that you are warming up to her, by the way,” said Joy nonchalantly. “I didn’t detect any harm from her. I mean, she is totally pure with her intention.”

Irene released a deep sigh. “I hope so.”

A soft frown bloomed on the dark fey’s forehead as she felt someone gripped her shoulder lightly. She looked to her left where Joy looked at her with her serious gaze. Her golden orbs flashing beautifully in the middle of the night. “Have faith in that woman. Trust me.”

“Thanks, Joy,” said Irene with her small smile of gratitude.

“Anytime. Now can you change me back into my original form? I want to sleep.”

“What about Yeri?”

“Yeah, about her. Just let her be.”

---

“Where are you going to take me?” asked Seungwan, struggling to walk in-between the large, slippery rocks inside the forest.

Irene clicked her tongue. “Just follow me.”

Seungwan rolled her eyes. “Nice for you to say that when you can just fly while I’m struggling to not let myself slip on these rocks!”

The dark fey grumbled inwardly from the protest as she continued to go on the spot she was about to show to the Prince. The path that will lead people to that place is not that easy to be walked to. It’s full of natural traps that were made by nature themselves as their way to tell the people that the only chosen one is the one who is able to reach that place.

Seungwan huffed once again, carefully jumping between stones. Focusing on each step she was about to make while also needing to catch up with Irene who was flying leisurely above in the sky. “God, this path is something else. And it was about to go dark too!”

“I thought the Prince is the type of person who rarely whines about stuff,” teased Irene, enjoying the struggle that Seungwan currently faces.

“I am rarely whining about stuff! It’s just unfair that you can just fly away and I’m struggling with my steps trying to not get myself killed!”

Irene stifled her laugh from her whining, making herself entertained while looking at the coping human who was still trying to save herself from getting slipped. “Come on, stop whining. We are almost there.”

Seungwan just huffed from the unhelping encouragement that Irene just gave to her, continuing her careful steps on top of the slippery rocks until she reached the last one. Her feet have finally landed on top of the ground. The blonde let out a satisfied sigh after successfully avoiding the danger that was given by the stone pavement. “Okay, fine. Now what is it that do you want to show–Whoa.”

The Prince can only widen her eyes from what she was seeing in front of her. It was beautiful. The most beautiful thing she has ever seen with her own eyes. It’s a well, filled with a really clean water that you can even see the bottom part of it clearly. Added with a small waterfall right at the other end of the well, surrounded with several big stones. Acted like its protector.

“Wow,” gasped Seungwan. Walking closer towards the well so she could see it much better. “This is so beautiful.”

Irene landed right beside her, crouching as her palm dipped itself inside the refreshing water. “There aren't a lot of humans who manage to find this place. The well chooses its visitor. Not just anyone can enter and feel the power this water possessed.”

A frown bloomed on Seungwan’s forehead. “A power? What is this place called?”

“The Well of Healing.”

“The Well of Healing?”

Irene just nodded as she raised her wet palm filled with the water from the well, flowing down once again through the gap of her fingers. “The well can heal everything that needs its help, under certain circumstances.”

“What kind of circumstances?”

The dark fey teared its gaze from the beautiful well in front of her to the woman beside her, who already comfortably sat by her side. “You need to enchant certain spells to be able to use the water to heal your wound. Second, if the wound is near impossible to be healed, then it has a certain cost.”

Seungwan blinked, dawning all the information to her brain. “What cost?”

Irene locked her gaze onto Seungwan’s dark brown orbs. Feeling herself getting deep inside the pool filled with warmth and affection. “That person will forever forget the people that meant so much to them. Including their loved ones.”

“What a great cost for a great result,” muttered Seungwan with an indescribable expression on her face.

The dark fey only looked at her in silence. Only the constant sound of waterfall hitting the surface of the well can be heard. Alongside the ruffles of the leaves and birds singing on its way back towards their nest. Wanting to meet their family immediately. “Do you know why I really hate humans?”

The Prince shook her head as her answer. “Do you want to talk about it with a human like me?”

Irene just chuckled as she shifted her gaze back to the clear and refreshing well, taking a deep breath before telling her the biggest secret she has been keeping to herself for years. “When I was still little, there was this one human that always came to the border of the Western forest. That time, there wasn’t a big wall built to protect us.”

The woman beside her let out a soft hum, but didn’t say anything. Didn’t push her to continue the story, letting her reveal herself with her own pace.

“He was the same age as me that time. We used to play together every time his family passed by the forest whenever they were about to sell something in your kingdom. They are just a humble merchant, and that boy is so kind to me. Always helping me with stuff and making me learn more about humans.”

She let out a quivered sigh, didn’t know if she was ready to say the next part that keeps burdening her for years. Her bright green orbs teared its gaze from the well, looking at the warm dark brown orbs instead. Sending her silent encouragement for her to continue. So, she did.

“Turns out, there is one evil man in the family, and he encourages the boy to kill me and take my wings off from me just for the sake of a big money. The boy refused to do so, but he threatened to dispose of him when they were about to go back to the town. So, he tried to kill me.”

“Is he managing to hurt you?” asked Seungwan, sounding a bit like a whisper into her ears.

Irene shook her head. “No. I manage to escape and defeat all of them in one swipe. After that time, I immediately built a big wall to protect the forest, in case bad people like them trying to take the advantage of the magical forest from us.”

The prince hummed in understanding. “This evil man. Do you know who he is?”

“Yeah. He is your Prime Minister now.”

Seungwan’s eyes got darker with emotion and anger after the mention of a certain someone that she knew pretty well. “I knew he was an evil man. I can sense that feeling coming out from him.”

“It’s okay, no need to be mad,” sighed Irene. “He and I had already an agreement with each other, even though I doubt the agreement will stay for a long time.”

She felt calloused fingers touched with her own, grasping it softly like her fingers was the most delicate thing in the whole world. “I will never let someone destroy or create chaos in this place. Not even my own kingdom. I promise.”

Irene chuckled softly. “That is the big promise for you to keep, even for a Prince like you. Are you sure you can handle that?”

The blonde woman nodded resolutely. “I will give my life just to protect this place. And you.”

“You ,” muttered the dark fey, looking at the brewing storm inside the dark brown eyes. her inside, into an endless pit of something unfamiliar. Something that she rarely felt after all this time. Making her doesn’t want to crawl out from the pit and just stay inside forever. Succumbed in comfortable warmth that only the woman beside her can provide her with that.

Seungwan looked down slightly, glancing towards the red ruby lips of Irene, before moving back to its previous spot on her eyes. The woman unconsciously leaned in, trying to touch her lips with her own. Connecting them with unsaid sparks that has been fluttering between the both of them.

Irene broke her gaze once Seungwan was too close with her. “I guess we should go back now in case it was about to go dark,” stammered Irene with a blush blooming on her cheeks, pulling her hand away from the warm one of the Prince.

The Prince just blinked from the rejection, still not realizing what was just happened before her brain decided to restart and an amused chuckle slipped out from . “Of course. It’s going to be dark soon.”

The winged woman cleared as she stood up from her spot, still with her red face. “It’s better if you are quick. I don’t want to get a nagging from your General later.”

“Calm down. She won’t nag you. Not under my surveillance,” snickered Seungwan as she was once again being greeted with the sight of the slippery stones path. “Good Lord help me while I’m passing this dangerous pavement for the second time.”

---

“Your Highness?”

Seungwan, who was currently crouching in front of the red rose, admiring them from close, tearing its gaze away from it to the maid who was approaching her. “Yes? What is it?”

The maid gulped before she was delivering the message. “General Kang has personally requested for you to join today’s meeting with the Prime Minister and the King.”

The Prince let out a soft sigh before looking back towards the beautiful red rose. “Tell General Kang I decline her request.”

“She said this is important, Your Highness. So important you can never miss it.”

A frown bloomed on Seungwan’s forehead. Weird. Seulgi never begged for her to join the meeting before. This is the first time. That means, whatever it was that is being the main talk of the meeting, is a really important one.

A weird feeling started to hit her guts once her mind decided to come up with the topic of what they were talking about right now. She shook her head, trying to erase it out from her mind.

“Please take me to the meeting.”

Seulgi raised her eyebrow as she noticed the main door of the meeting room opened and founded Seungwan walking inside with a confused expression on her face. “Took you pretty long to come here, Your Highness.”

“What are they talking about, Seulgi?” asked Seungwan as she took a seat right beside the General.

“Something that you will never like,” muttered Seulgi as her gaze filled with wonder.

“Since the Prince decided to join us in today’s meeting, let me re-share about the plan that we have about this new attack,” explained the Prime Minister, pointing his pointer towards the part of forest that she knew by heart. “We are going to launch a surprise attack towards the Western forest tomorrow. Using the full capability of our armies, I believe we can defeat them easily.”

The frown on her forehead deepens in dislike and hatred. “What was the reason for you to attack them?” asked Seungwan, barely with composure inside her voice.

“As we all know by now, Your Highness, the Western forest is a forbidden place to be visited by humans through some agreement that was made years ago,” explained the Prime Minister, who didn't feel affected with the blatant anger that the Prince threw at him. “The Western forest itself is filled with magical creatures that are capable of doing things that might harm us in the future. To prevent this, I suggest La Rouge Kingdom to attack them with a sudden attack.”

Seungwan scoffed. “Prevent this, when they will never attack us first.”

“I don’t think you realize the full capability of their power, Your Highness,” deadpanned the Prime Minister. “They could bring chaos to our kingdom easily. And with the dark fey as the protector of the forest, it has become an ultimate threat to the safety of our kingdom.”

Her blood immediately runs cold at the mention of the certain dark fey. “She is practically harmless with everything. She-“

A familiar hand gripped her shoulder strongly. She looked to her side where Seulgi sent her a warning glance. “The Prime Minister still didn’t know you are secretly visiting the Western forest,” whispered Seulgi, low enough to only be able to be heard by the two women. “Let’s keep it that way, Your Highness.”

Seungwan’s eyes hardened at the warning that the General just threw to her. She shook off her hand from her shoulder harshly, unable to contain her anger anymore.

The King sighed from the act that was thrown by his one and only daughter. “Do you really think it’s a good idea, Prime Minister? Like my daughter said, they still haven’t shown us any harm threat, after all.”

“We can never know when those beings attacked us, Your Majesty,” explained the Prime Minister. “It’s better if we are preventing it from now.”

“You are just greedy for their natural resources,” spat Seungwan angrily. “Father, you can’t surely accept his nonsense attack, can you? They will never attack us first! They had no intention to do that in the first place!”

The King looked at her with such an indescribable gaze, shifting it to the Prime Minister beside him. “Have you thought about the consequences of this attack? Both the good side and the bad side?”

“Yes, Your Majesty. The other ministers and I have completely done our research for it.”

The leader of the nation nodded his head in understanding. “Then I think, we can proceed with this attack.”

“What?” gasped Seungwan in disbelief, looking at her father with betrayal. “His plan is utter nonsense, Father! You can’t just agree to it like that!”

“A decision is a decision, Prince Seungwan,” stated the King with finality. “And I told you already, to call me by using ‘Your Majesty’.”

Seungwan scoffed at her father’s words. “I can’t believe you just agreed to this madness, Your Majesty. I guess I’m expecting too much from you.”

With her final words, Seungwan left the meeting room with anger and worries completely washing her whole being. Her quick steps brought her into the horse stall where she put Chanel inside, alongside her secret battling armour in case something like this is happening.

She heard another step coming towards the horse stall. The steps that she has grown familiar with. “Don’t try to stop me from doing this, Seulgi.”

“I’m not trying to stop you, Your Highness,” said Seulgi as she stood right beside Seungwan who was still busy with preparing herself for the battle. “You can’t just battle against them by being alone.”

“Yes, I can, Seulgi. And I will make sure to protect the Western forest, even if it needs to cost my life.”

The General frowned in disagreement, didn’t like what was just being said by the Prince. “Let me help you.”

Seungwan stopped her movement, looking at the General with disbelief in her eyes. “Are you sure, General Kang? There is no turning back in here.”

Seulgi immediately nodded with finality. “Undoubtedly, Your Highness. I’m ready to help you with everything that I can.”

The dark brown eyes looking at the blazing eyes of the General for long. Trying to get inside the orbs and observing what was the swirling emotion inside when she only found certain and finality in it. “Fine. Hear my plan carefully, General Kang. I will only tell you this once.”

The General nodded. “Yes, Your Highness.”

“First, prepare your best squad and secretly tell them to split up from the Prime Minister’s army when they are crossing the Southern forest. Tell them to go to the Northern forest and wait for you to come before going on their way towards the Western forest. And you, General Kang, I can see my father still not completely sure with the Prime Minister’s plan. I want you to convince him to reject this plan immediately. Can you do that, General Kang?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Great,” said Seungwan as she lifted herself up to sit on the saddle, before bidding her goodbye to her most trusted person in the palace. “Then let’s meet each other again in the Western forest later, General Kang.”

“Be careful, Your Highness,” muttered Seulgi as her eyes watched the Prince leave the palace with Chanel. Preparing herself for the greatest war that was about to happen.

---

“Well, well, well! Look who we have here!” announced the Prime Minister with a mocking voice. “The Prince of La Rouge decided to betray her own kingdom!”

Seungwan stayed silent from the Prime Minister’s provocation. Didn’t let her emotion take over everything if she was replying to the taunting that the annoying man just sent.

“Why are you so insistent in protecting the Western forest, Your Highness? I really want to know.”

“What about you?” asked Seungwan with a flat tone. “Why are you so obsessed with the Western forest, you are even willing to attack them when they haven’t given us any harm yet.”

“I already explained it to you, Your Highness. The magical creatures inside this forest are too dangerous for us to just let them loose like this.”

“We already had an agreement with them about that.”

“Yes, but the agreement wasn’t enough to hold them back. Don’t you think so, Your Highness?” asked the Prime Minister before he continued mocking his speech. “Ah, I forgot you are backing them instead of the kingdom!”

“They will never attack us first and you know that, Prime Minister,” spat Seungwan in hatred. “You are just using it as your excuse when the real reason for you to conquer them is because of the natural resources that the Western forest have.”

The Prime Minister laughed loudly at his reaction. “Why, Your Highness? Their natural resources can help our kingdom to become much better. To become more powerful. To become unbeatable in this world.”

The frown on Seungwan’s forehead went deeper. “You are sick, Prime Minister. You are sick and so obsessed of power. You are nothing but the King’s right hand and that’s it.”

The Prime Minister’s expression immediately turned dark after the words that were being spilled by the Prince. “La Rouge having a weak king is already shameful enough for me to handle as his Prime Minister.”

“You are the one who is the disgrace of our kingdom, Prime Minister.”

A scoff slipped out from the Prime Minister’s mouth. “Well, after all, the King has agreed with this attack. So I suggest you, my Prince, to-“

“Who said the King has agreed with this attack?”

“General Kang,” greeted the Prime Minister in delight. “It’s about time you arrived in this place.”

Seulgi looked at him with her straight expression, before taking out a roll filled with the King’s new declaration. “With this new announcement, I, the King of La Rouge, commanded the Prime Minister’s army to retreat and call off the attack. Any form of attack will not be condoned after this declaration was given.”

Seungwan flashing him a victorious smirk. “The King has made his new order. I suggest you that it will be best to just step back and go back to the kingdom.”

The General approaches her after reading the declaration, followed by her best squad of soldiers. “I don’t think the Prime Minister will back off this easy, Your Highness.”

“Yeah, neither do I,” muttered Seungwan as she looked at the suspicious movement of the Prime Minister, who suddenly flashed her a smirk.

“Well, Your Highness, if my battalion ended up hurting you during the battle, I can just blame the magical creatures inside and tell the King that the battle has already started before we were able to hear the new declaration.”

A strong gust of wind suddenly blew from the forest’s direction, making all the trees move and rustling their leaves. The grass on the field dances beautifully, following the movement of the wind that hits them gently.

Something landed right at the centre of the field. The protector of the Western forest alongside her companion, the dark fey. “Didn’t you hear what the Prince just said earlier? It’s better if you just go back to the kingdom now,” stated Irene towards the Prime Minister.

“What a joy to have you here in the battle with us, Irene,” scoffed the Prime Minister.

“I told you to not join the battle,” sighed Seungwan.

Irene just let out a soft chuckle. “There is no way I will miss this battle.”

Seungwan released her sigh again as she unsheathed her sword from its casing. “Ready for our other joint fight, General Kang?”

Seulgi tightening her gloves before she also pulled out her sword from the casing. “Just like usual, bring it on.”

“Let’s do this,” grinned Seungwan.

“Attack!” yelled the Prime Minister, making all the battalion start to move forward.

Irene immediately changes Joy and Yeri into giant dragons who were able to breathe fire. With her magic, she quickly made giant roots show up from the ground of the fields, making all the soldiers fall flat to the ground.

Clashes of swords started to add up into the battle noises. Seungwan swiftly avoided the swing of the enemy’s sword, before taking them down with slashing their calf and ankles. Refusing to kill them and making the kingdom armies reduced by numbers because of an unnecessary battle. Seulgi also did the same with her best squad, harshly taking down all the La Rouge’s soldiers using their swordsmanship.

“Your Highness!” screamed Seulgi while she was taking out another soldier. “I don’t think we can handle them all!”

“Damn,” gritted Seungwan as she took out another soldier. “Right when we need to defeat all of them.”

“Calm down, my Prince,” chuckled Irene softly as she threw away the soldiers easily with ease by the help of her magic. “The backup is going to arrive now.”

“The backup? Who?” asked Seungwan in confusion. The frown on her forehead grew deeper as she felt the ground of the field shaking slightly, like something big and many were approaching the battlefield from the Western forest’s direction.

The Prince looked back from her shoulder, only to find all the magical creatures inside the forest running towards the battlefield. The tree giants started to attack the soldiers with such ease, swiping them off using their big branches. All the animals and elves working together to take down the soldiers by hitting their legs with such force. While the fairies encourage the attacks and help them in the way they can.

“Whoa,” gasped Seungwan in shock.

“Enough to win this battle?”

Seungwan grinned from Irene’s question. “It’s more than enough,” answered the blonde as she took out another soldier with her sword.

The defender easily turned the battle into their favour as lots of soldiers had already been defeated by them. But of course, like every battle out there, no one will know the outcome even when we can see who already got the upper hand.

Seulgi sighed as she just took down another soldier. She was about to prepare for another one when she spotted a suspicious movement from the Prime Minister, who was moving closer towards Irene who was too focused with her own battle. She can see the sword made from the purest iron glistening under the sunlight, preparing itself to be stabbed at the oblivious dark fey.

“Irene! Watch out!” yelled Seulgi, trying to prevent the almost impossible act as she quickly ran towards the dark fey and the Prime Minister.

Everything suddenly moves in slow motion. The evil old man immediately made his movement, can’t wait to see the pointy part of his sword stabbing the body of the dark fey who was unable to react quick enough to save herself from the dangerous iron. Irene closed her eyes, readied herself for the hurt impact when it never came.

The dark fey opened her eyes, only to make it widen as the sight in front of her quickly made the bloods that were running inside her body turn into cold.

There is Seungwan, between the Prime Minister and her, and a sword perfectly piercing through the side of her abdomen. The thick red liquid perfectly ran down from her body, at the spot where the sword had impaled into her.

“Y-Your Highness,” stuttered the Prime Minister in panic as he pulled his sword out from her body. “I-“

His words got cut as Seulgi quickly took him down, putting her sword right on top of his neck. Her eyes were blazing with anger as she spit out the words with ferocious madness inside her tone. “If you decided to move even an inch, I will guarantee you that you will never see tomorrow anymore.”

Seungwan put her hand on top of her open wounds, quickly covering it in the familiar colour of red. “Bloody hell,” muttered her angrily as she felt her legs wobble, didn’t have any strength to keep her standing.

She was ready to receive the impact of the hard ground filled with grass, when she felt a pair of arms caught her body. “Seungwan?” asked Irene in a panic tone. She cradles her cheek using her palm carefully, afraid to make her more hurt as she tried to let Seungwan keep awake from the loss of blood that she currently experienced. “Seungwan, please look at me!”

The dark fey felt a tiny hand touch her shoulder softly. “Irene, you need to take her to the Well of Healing now! She needs it!” informed Jennie in a hushed voice.

Irene looked at Jennie with desperation in her eyes. She shifted her gaze towards Joy and Yeri who were still fighting the soldiers in their dragon form. Joy gave her a subtle nod, agreeing with what Jennie just told her before she continued to attack them.

“Take her to that damn well. I will take care of the things in here,” interrupted Seulgi, still threatening the Prime Minister underneath her. “Just please, keep her alive and safe.”

The dark fey bit her bottom lip nervously, looking down towards the dying woman in her arms. The grip that she has on her tightens as she nodded. “I will,” muttered Irene before flapping her wings and quickly taking her to the Well of Healing.

Irene quickly brought her inside the well once they arrived at the only place where she can save the woman in her arms. “Where is this?” muttered Seungwan weakly.

“Seungwan, don’t talk anymore, okay?” asked Irene with her delicate voice as she cradles her head softly, trying to look at her in the eyes. “We are going to heal you in the Well of Healing.”

Seungwan only blinked as she responded. Her eyes locked to the sight of Irene’s moving lips as she enchanted a magic spell for the magic water to start healing her wounds. “Irene?”

“Yes, Seungwan?”

“What happened?”

Irene released a shaky sigh before she was able to explain to her. “The Prime Minister wanted to attack me but, you are saving me from the attack and-“

“No, I mean,” Seungwan sighed painfully as she raised her palm to cup her cheek, erasing Irene’s fallen tears softly with her thumb. “What happened that can make you cry like this?”

The dark fey doesn’t even realize that her cheeks are already wet with her own tears. She grasped her hand on her cheek softly, the skin of it as gentle as possible. “Because I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“Losing you.”

Seungwan chuckled softly as she released her grunt of pain afterwards. “In the end, it’s always the human who makes you this sad.”

Irene shook her head. “You are different from the other humans,” breathed her out. “Let me help you heal, okay?”

The Prince just flashed her a tight-lipped smile, once again watching how her lips moved from enchanting the spell to heal her wound that was already too late to be healed. “Irene, you know it won’t work.”

“It will!” declares Irene. “I can heal it, Seungwan. Trust me.”

“Irene-“

“You need to stop talking, Seungwan. Your wound is far too severe for you to continue-“

“Please, look at me.”

Irene stopped her rambling. Her bright green orbs locked against the pool of dark brown orbs. Once again her inside the endless pit that feels like a wonderful abyss for her. Watching how her eyes got dimmed as the seconds kept passing away.

Seungwan smiled again, this time wider than the first one. “You are so beautiful,” whispered the blonde woman. Her thumb once again the cheek of the dark fey softly. Feeling the strong cheekbones on her skin. “Can I kiss you?”

She doesn’t need to be told twice as Irene immediately lowered her head. Capturing her lips perfectly with her own. Tasting the plump lips that she has been dying to taste for a while now. Haunting her in her sleep that is filled with sweet promises and declares of love and the notion of being together for eternity.

How Irene wished that this is her dream instead.

Seungwan broke their kiss as she pulled back from it. Still looking at the swirling pool of bright green eyes that captivates her since the first time she met the dark fey. Feeling the enormous pull of attraction that she knows has been present since day one.

“I love you,” whispered Seungwan softly. Her eyelids gradually closed themselves as her body suddenly lost its power to stay awake.

“Seungwan?” asked Irene in a panic tone. She put her palm on top of her cheek softly once again. “Seungwan, please wake up.”

A sob cracked its way out from Irene’s throat when she realized Seungwan would never open her eyes again. Showing her the warm and calming dark brown orbs that she has grown to love. Addicted to see the mirth dancing inside her eyes whenever she shows her something from the Western forest.

“Seungwan, please. I know you are strong,” sobbed Irene, this time louder. And more desperate. “Please, Seungwan. Work with me together here. Don’t leave me alone in this well.”

Irene enchanted the healing spell between her cries. Still trying to bring Seungwan back and healed her completely even though it was already impossible for her to do so.

The Well of Healing, alongside the dancing trees that were their natural barrier, became the silent witness of the heart-wrenching cry that Irene let out. The evidence of the painful tears being washed away inside the well, combining with the magic water that also washes away all the thick red liquid that came out from the wound.

A silent reminder of someone who lost the person that she just grew to love with.

---

stop. whatever you were about to do, just stop. and yes, this is an author note if you are wondering. but please, read this with all your intention, because I have something important to tell you.

so, what do you think about the story? well, with that ending, I think you already know what it was meant. yup, the story is angst. like full angst that make you sad and stuff like whew. but here's the case. it's tiring right? with all the angst going around? and come on man, in this story, we didn't accept any form of angst. and will never, accept any angst to be inserted in the story. it's all happy-go-lucky story that can make you smiled after you reading it.

so that's why, since I know lots of you is actually an angst lover and also a fluff lover, I will give you two option. if you want to keep the angst, I suggest you to stop reading in that part. just to keep the sadness lingering.

but, if you are a fluff seeker like me, an enthusiast at heart, I suggest you to continue reading it because damn I have given you an antidote for the pain. and I will give it to you too.

so, both sides is satiated with this kind! yeay! a win for the angst nation and the fluff nation!!

anyway, I have keeping you up for too long. fluff nation, enjoy your dessert :)

---

Seungwan opened her eyes with such a rush as her body jerked up. Her breathing was quick and her skin was producing sweats all over her body as she touched the wound on her abdomen.

A frown bloomed on her forehead. She was sure she was wounded in the battle. But now, as her palm touches the supposedly place of the wound, she feels nothing. Not even a slight pain.

“Look, Yeri. She’s finally up.”

The blonde looked up from her bandaged abdomen towards the woman on her left, finding the familiar golden orbs looking at her with a straight gaze. “Joy?”

“Hello, Seungwan,” greeted Joy with a voice lacking emotion. “How are you?”

“Weird,” mumbled Seungwan. Her dark brown eyes looked around the entire area that was surrounding her. It was too unfamiliar for her. The ceiling above her was made naturally from a natural carved stone, with a hard ground dirt as its floor. “Where am I?”

“At the cave on top of the mountain,” answered Yeri who was seated at another side of her. “The place where we live.”

“Huh,” muttered Seungwan. Her mind was working so hard to understand all of these things around her. “How long was I already in here?”

“A week,” answered Joy as her eyebrow perked up, noticing someone just came inside the cave. “Well, I guess we need to go now. Let’s go, Yeri.”

“I didn’t usher both of you away.”

“And I know you will,” said Joy nonchalantly. “It’s better if I just did it by myself before you told us to. Now, excuse me, we need to hunt some food. Please change us into our original form.”

Irene just rolled her eyes, making a hand movement that will make the two women quickly change into their original form. An eagle and a raven. The dark fey sighed after seeing the two birds flee away from the cave, before shifting her gaze towards someone who was sitting at the flimsy bed, bandaged all over her body.

“Hey,” muttered the dark fey as she crouched down right beside the Prince. “How are you?”

Seungwan shrugged. “I’m good, I guess.”

Irene nodded from her answer, biting her bottom lip softly as she was thinking about the right wording for the big question to be asked. “Did you feel any pain?”

Her blonde hair moved beautifully as her head shook, a solid answer to her question. “There is no trace of pain at all.”

The dark fey gulped nervously because of the answer. Afraid with the fact that was about to come to her. “Do you, remember anything?”

Seungwan’s answer making the blood that runs inside her body grew cold as her eyes caught the movement of the shaking head that looks like a slow motion for her eyes. “Not really. Should I?”

Irene chuckled soullessly. “Of course you shouldn’t. The law of the well is-“

Her words got cut out as another soft lip touching hers. Kissing her gently as the action successfully made her stopped her desperation and surrender rambling.

Her bright green eyes blinked as Seungwan broke the kiss. She looked at the lovely dark brown pool of her orbs with confusion evident on her eyes. “I don’t understand,” muttered Irene softly.

“What I don’t remember, is the things that happened afterwards,” muttered Seungwan softly as she smiled, lacing her fingers with the dark fey’s own one. Holding it tightly, never had a second thought to ever let go. “I will never forget everything about you, Irene.”

The frown on her forehead deepens from the explanation. “But the law of the Well of Healing-“

Seungwan let out a soft chuckle. “Maybe they decided to spare us this time, and be kind for everything that has happened.”

Irene just able to let out a shaky sigh, before surging her head forwards to capture the addicting lips with her own once again. Revelling on the sensation of her plump meat against her own. Tasting the sweetness of the feeling that she didn’t manage to catch at their first kiss. “Damn, I missed you.”

“Glad we share the same feelings,” muttered Seungwan against her lips, quickly latching onto it once again before pulling back to catch some breaths. “So, mind to explain what has happened to me?”

“I don’t know how but after you closed your eyes,” Irene stopped for a while, letting out a shaky sigh as her mind decided to recall about a week ago. That incident still haunts her until now, even in her sleep. “The Well of Healing did its job and healed your wound like how they did to everyone.”

Seungwan hummed. Her thumb absentmindedly the skin of the dark fey softly, trying to calm her down from the turmoil of emotion that she is currently battling with herself inside. Let her take all the time she needs.

“I thought,” constricted when she was about to choke out the thing that haunts her recently, “I thought you will forget about everything, because of the law of The Well of Healing. I thought you will forget me. But turns out-“

“I’m not,” smiled Seungwan softly. “I’m still here, with the fragments of my memory about you still completely intact in my mind. Especially our first kiss.”

Irene chuckled softly as she let a tear drop from her eye. Seungwan swiftly catches it with her other hand, erasing it as gently as possible. “Out of all the things that happened, you decided to bring up our first kiss.”

“Let’s be honest here, I will eventually bring that up, you know,” grinned Seungwan cheekily. “Where’s Seulgi, by the way? Is she here?”

“No,” answered Irene as she shook her head. “She has so many things to take care of in the kingdom. But she usually comes here everyday to check on you, I think she will come here shortly. The one who did the bandage on your body is actually her doing.”

Seungwan smiled softly at the bandage on her abdomen. It was done pretty meticulously for someone who used to be running away with her on a medical lesson when they were kids. “I think I don’t need to ask why is this her doing, right?”

Irene snorted. “The three of us never saw a bandage before and you expected us to wear it on you? In your dreams.”

A loud laugh slipped out from Seungwan’s throat as her replies. True to what Irene just said to her, Seulgi indeed came shortly after her conversation with the dark fey. The General immediately engulfs her in a friendly tight hug, even though she still calls her with the honorific that she always used.

Both of them are enjoying the small breeze of wind that is coming to the grass on the field, making them dance as they follow the current of the wind to move. Seungwan decided to lay down on her back, enjoying the clear blue sky on top of her. Without any restriction that could become a flaw to the beautifully painted canvas of a sky.

“How’s the thing in the kingdom?” asked Seungwan, deciding to close her eyes to enjoy the calming breeze more.

“Fine,” answered Seulgi shortly. “The position for the Prime Minister is vacant now. And I don’t think Your Majesty will ever try to find the replacement for that man, I think.”

Seungwan frowned from the explanatory. Why would her father didn’t want to find another Prime Minister for him? “Why?”

Seulgi looked at her with her infamous serious gaze. “Because he decided to step down from the throne and give the title of the ruler of the kingdom to you, Your Highness. I was assigned by Your Majesty to tell you about this resolute decision.”

The Prince just blinked after she got the shocking news from the mouth of her General. She wasn’t expecting her father to step down from the throne this fast. For fairies sake, she isn't even ready to take over the throne yet. “I guess I don’t have any other option in this, huh?” sighed Seungwan, a little bit deeper than usual.

“I know you can do it, Your Highness,” reassures Seulgi, sending her a small smile. “You are already capable of doing it.”

“Those words of yours suddenly make me think about something.”

“What is it, Your Highness?”

Seungwan opened her eyes, looking at the General beside her with the same amount of seriousness inside her orbs. “Be my Prime Minister. Let’s do these things together too, Seulgi.”

Seulgi only manages to blink from the offer that the Prince just gave to her. “Are you sure, Your Highness?”

“Why not?” shrugged Seungwan, flashing her a reassuring smile. “You know things inside this kingdom better than I do. And you, Kang Seulgi, I know you can be the best Prime Minister La Rouge could ever ask for.”

“I feel honoured from your offer, Your Highness. Thank you very much,” said Seulgi filled with gratitude.

“Nah, it’s nothing much,” chuckled Seungwan softly. “Maybe I just want my best friend to work side by side with me.”

Seulgi chuckled softly from her words. “Can’t get enough of me, Your Highness?”

“Let’s just assume it's like that if it makes you happy, Seulgi.”

“Seeing you happy like this is already making me happy, Your Highness.”

Seungwan decided to spend another couple of days in the forest before going back to the kingdom. To eventually talk with her father about the coronation of her and stuff. About the decision of her to become the sole ruler of the La Rouge kingdom.

“Do you really need to go?” whined Irene, refusing to let go Seungwan’s hand from her grasp.

“I have got things to do in the palace, sweetheart,” chuckled Seungwan softly as she captures the addicting red lips of Irene with her own. “I still can come back frequently, but not as much as I did in the past.”

A pout quickly formed on Irene’s lips. “This place will not be the same without you.”

“You used to usher me off from this forest, though. What’s the difference?”

“That is before all of this stuff going on between us!” grumbled Irene, feeling annoyed with the teasing that Seungwan just threw to her.

The Prince just snickered from the annoyed grumbling. “Then I know you can handle it just fine.”

“But it will be so boring! Especially if I was being stuck with the two devils!”

“We are not even asking you to turn and make us into your right hand,” scoffed Joy followed by a nod from Yeri.

“See? You will be just fine.”

“Seungwan,” whined Irene with her childish voice. Irene was about to give her another reasoning when someone stopped her from saying it.

“Your Highness, I’m so sorry to interrupt but we really need to go now,” cut Seulgi in as she pulled Chanel towards her original owner, giving the leather leash to her.

“Well, duty calls,” winced Seungwan as she planted a quick kiss on the lips before climbing up on her horse. “I promise I will come here often, okay?”

Irene pouted her lips more even though her head was making a nodding motion.

“And remember our promise too? When I told you that earlier?”

This time, the pout on her lips got erased and was exchanged with a wide grin of hers. “I remember.”

“Great,” grinned Seungwan. “See you soon, my love.”

Irene just watched as the two horses got lost inside the forest, on their way to go back to the kingdom. The grin still remains on her face as her mind keeps recalling Seungwan’s promise that she gave to her before she brought her to the field.

A promise to live with her in the kingdom and spending the rest of their life being in each other’s embrace. Connecting the two realms and breaking the unhealthy barrier within humans and magical creatures. Putting two pieces of heart into one entity.

---

and that's the alternate ending for this story! it's really fun to write this story for me, since I really like maleficent and I just like the whole concept of it. that's why I just want to give her happiness in the form of this story. a happy ending with her beloved ones.

so what do you think about this story? please, let me know! and please note that I'm so thankful with the big responds and loves for the previous story. it was something that I didn't expect to receive at all and I'm so glad all of you liking the story. and I hope, you like this story too.

that's all from me. see you in the next one-shot folks! :)