After all of that

Sugar Cake

Irene is a mess.

 

She knows their relationship is not something serious. Not when both of them know that is too risky for them to be a thing. That their late night adventure is just a perfect form of stress relieving activity from the job which needs their attention 24/7. Needs their relationship to remain professional without emotional feelings involved that will cause them only unnecessary adversity.

 

But why? Why can't her mind forget the way her calloused hands touching the side of her body? Why can’t her body stop feeling the ghost of her kisses worshipping her like she was the fallen angel from heaven as a gift for her kindness? Why can’t her mind forget the skilled fingers that drove her into the thriving pleasure that she deserves?

 

Why can’t her mind stop taking her back to the moment when chanted only one name repetitively that her mind told to as her gaze filled with white, but she couldn’t find herself to be bored for always saying the same prayer. Throat clenched as she was unable to contain the bliss of her stress being stripped out from her body with just one activity.

 

One activity that could affect the entire precinct.

 

Captain always acknowledges her as a genius detective. The ability of her wonderful mind able to just find a crack in the cases and find hidden leads that could have brought them to catch one of the most notorious criminals inside the city. Serving the public and saving the city while making a great reputation for the precinct.

 

The captain’s acknowledgement sounded like a humourless joke inside her ears now.

 

She knows that drugs are a dangerous addiction. She learned it perfectly while she was in the academy. Earning perfect grades throughout the classes and graduating as the best student of her generation. Obtaining a spot to be accepted in the best precinct in the city.

 

Yet she can’t stop this addiction. Not when her lips tasted like the finest drug that she can never stop enjoying. Not when her touches felt like a good kick of heroin that will just make her forget about everything disadvantages in this secret relationship that they had and just think about the wonderful feelings of being worshipped.

 

Not when she knows the sensation from her name being chanted breathlessly as she was being the sole reason for her delicious high, knowing that she clearly enjoys and cherishing it by the way her body underneath her writhing under the mercy of her touch.

 

She has ed up. Hard. But she never wants to stop.

 

Irene doesn’t know how she suddenly arrived at the front door of her place. Knocking the wooden plate with anxiety running through her system, just wanting to stop all this forbidden rendezvous that happened between them. Preparing her speech inside her mind to just break down the tie permanently.

 

But when she opens her door with her wet messy hair and only wears a thin white t-shirt and shorts that is too short for her liking because it does nothing to cover her perfectly crafted milky white thighs, all thoughts that she prepared right inside her perfect mind fly away just like that. Like a lonely trash bag drifting through the cold wind of the night who blew away without giving a damn about the journey.

 

So don’t blame her when the first thing that she did is not giving her a greeting. She pulled her by the collar instead, towards a heated kiss that resulted in their current condition.

 

Irene laying down on top of the bed, stark , with some red familiar blemishes scattered around her body to show people who she was owned to, with equally Wendy who was currently reading the file of their assigned case on the sofa leisurely. Didn’t care about the fact that there was none of the material covering her body right now, while her forehead frowned from trying to find some gap they could use as an advantage in the case.

 

The laying down woman let out her guttural groan inwardly. Can’t believe that her self defense crumbled away easily just like that, like grounds of sands getting pulled away by the crashing waves arriving at the shore. Barely have no force, but still choose to get defeated.

 

“What is it?”

 

“What?”

 

“You just spend the entirety of 10 minutes to just letting out a self deprecating groan and keep moving around my bed and making the sheets messy,” grumbled Wendy, tone filled with annoyance because of the unwanted disturbance. “Something’s wrong?”

 

You. You are the ‘something’s wrong’.

 

How Irene just wanted to scream that out right in front of her face for making her miserable like this.

 

“I’m just drowning myself inside my self agony and my own pity for my own self,” answered Irene with a deep sigh instead.

 

The frown on Wendy’s forehead grew deeper. “This case doesn’t seem that hard for you to crack, though?”

 

Oh, Wendy and her beloved obliviousness towards the mess that is currently running through inside Irene’s mind.

 

Irene rolled her eyes before pulling herself up, leaving the most comfortable bed that she ever lay her body on that was owned by Wendy as her legs sauntered across the small apartment towards the y woman who was still focused with the damn brown covered report.

 

No one in their right mind will think that the file consists of blood and a dead body will be much more interesting than the sight of a woman presenting themselves willingly in front of them like she was a whole damn feast for the night. No one, except Wendy.

 

Her doe eyes ignore Wendy’s frown that goes deeper once again, trying to fight her inner urge to sooth it smoothly using her thumb as she takes her file away from her weak grasp.

 

Maybe Wendy also found the case file wasn’t as interesting as her own body presented perfectly right in front of her wonderful eyes, but Irene didn’t want to keep her hopes high.

 

She threw away the poor file carelessly on top of the sofa beside Wendy, before settling herself perfectly on top of her lap. Her sensitive skin mapping the path that Wendy’s arms just made as they were immaculately settling themselves on top of her waist, securing her inside the tight hold of Wendy. Her warm palms curiously cupped her soft and squishy cheek as her expression was being laced with confusion.

 

Irene understands where the confusion came from. They are always having without feelings involved. Kissing and claiming one another but still letting each of them to be free and trying to not give a damn with their own life businesses. Trying to not cross the illegal border that shall never be crossed in the first place.

 

So, when she chooses to finally let out her bare feelings towards the rest of the world, it comes as a shocking revelation for Wendy.

 

With a piercing gaze, Irene decided to focus on the warm dark brown eyes of Wendy. Pulling her inside the endless dark abyss that she could never find her way out if she wasn’t being careful. But now, being careful. She let herself drown, drown into the feelings that shall never get overstepped.

 

“What did you do to me, Wendy?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Irene didn’t answer, deciding to just give her a slow, hesitated kiss. A kiss like someone who is about to get their first taste of driving towards the peak of pleasure. A kiss to let her know about the secret feelings she has been holding inside her, started to eat her heart out like a painful agony people felt whenever they heard an extremely sad song.

 

She pulled away with a soft tug on her bottom lips. Carefully playing with the dangerous water that could kill her with a drown or letting her move and enjoy the slow current. Reading the slightly darkened gaze, trying to find something familiar that she always found whenever they did their forbidden activity.

 

So she was taken aback when she found nothing of that familiarity inside the gaze, only filled with something that she was unfamiliar with, but the pit inside her clearly knew what it was. Especially when it’s churning wonderfully into a comfortable warmth.

 

She just doesn’t want to acknowledge it. Not when it feels too good to be true. When she knows it will never feel good.

 

Wendy leaned forward, catching her lips into another kiss. This time, the kiss wasn’t the usual hungry kiss that could led them into discarding their own clothes away from their body. It was full of feelings, like a slow waltz under the big chandelier for a grand ball. Speaking for their heart with action and movement that they already learned and remember together, but still felt like taking their first step as one.

 

This time, it was Irene who looked at her with confusion after they pulled back from the dance. Looking at how a small smile grazing the addicting lips of Wendy, didn’t miss the soothing circle movement of her thumb at her bare waist, just slightly positioned on top of her pelvis.

 

“Took you quite a long time to finally solve that.”

 

Irene blinked as her genius mind suddenly decided to be unable to comprehend what just came out from Wendy’s mouth. “What?”

 

“And Captain said you are a genius detective,” scoffed Wendy while rolling her eyes. “I like you, Irene. More than what we promised in the beginning before all of this.”

 

She wasn’t planning this at all. No, there is no way Wendy also liked her back. It was near impossible for her to actually be reciprocating her feelings back.

 

There is nothing attractive about Irene apart from her genius mind and her y body which she claimed with pride as the result from the constant visiting at the gym. So why?

 

Why would Wendy, the total sweetheart of the precinct, like her?

 

“Ouch! What was that for?!” hissed Irene in annoyance after Wendy flicked her unguarded forehead with such force that pulled her out from her inner thoughts.

 

“You think too much, I hate it,” deadpanned Wendy. “You might be a genius, but I expect you to not think about this too much if I’m being honest.”

 

Ah, of course. Wendy was wondering about her answer. The short haired woman in front of her just confessed right in front of her face. Her pride is at stake right now. She just gave the courtesy of the ball to Irene’s hand.

 

It’s funny how they are the so-called nemesis in the precinct, but sync together perfectly on top of the bed like a soulmate. And how the most dangerous criminal didn’t make them scared, but a silly moment like confessing their feelings could make them feel like their life is one bullet away from being shot by a gun.

 

“Why?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Why do you like me?”

 

“All that we have been doing and you still asking why I like you?” Wendy let out a chuckle when she noticed a blush blooming gently on top of Irene’s flawless cheek. “Because it’s you, Irene.”

 

Irene didn’t hold back the frown that was blooming on her forehead. “I don’t get it.”

 

She decided to lean forward, kissing her collarbone softly before nipping the skin gently. “Some things are meant for you to not understand about everything.”

 

“Wendy, this is not that kind of ‘some things’ right now.”

 

Wendy let out an annoyed sigh. “Do I really need to explain?”

 

“Do I need to ask my question again?”

 

“No,” sighed Wendy, noticing the sharp edges in Irene’s tone, the sign that the woman on her lap is totally annoyed with her pull and push game. “Because you are interesting. Look, I can’t explain it clearly about what this is but I know that I like you, and it’s been going on quite long by the way. Just, cut me some slack off, please.”

 

Irene only watched her with a wary gaze as she shifted uncomfortably on top of her lap, letting Wendy lean forward to give her sternum a kiss. “I’m boring.”

 

“I know,” answered Wendy absentmindedly as she continued upwards to kiss her addicting neck.

 

“I’m annoying.”

 

“Mhm.”

 

“I’m a pain in the .” Irene holds back her moan slipping out from when Wendy naughtily the sensitive spot on her neck, already remembering the exact area of where it was. The result of the constant that they did in the night everytime they are too stressed out with pressure.

 

“Sure.”

 

“I like you too.”

 

Wendy pulled back from ravishing her neck, flashing her that gorgeous smile of hers that only reserved for Irene to see. “Glad we are on the same page.”

 

Irene pulled her into a kiss. Taking their time to enjoy the friction and the dancing of their tongues as Wendy picked her up and went back towards the ignored bed. Can feel each other’s smile on their faces as they keep kissing like lovesick teenagers who keep getting and just can’t keep their hands off from each other.

 

After all of that , for the first time, they finally making love.

 

---

Thank you so much Brooklyn Nine-Nine for the inspiration sksksksk been binge-watching it this whole week and just got addicted to it! (I think we know which couple that got me inspired to write this)

Was thinking if should make this as a chaptered fic or something but at the same time I got tons already on my plate and I don't know if I could handle another one

Anyway, please tell me what do you think! Hoping you enjoy this. Sorry if it was too short for your liking. This was just like a brain fart coming out from my mind because I was dead tired from doing my report. At the end of the day, thank you for reading this. See you in the next one!