Chapter 9

Emergency love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Work has been rather quiet today which I don't seem to mind being my first day back I'm grateful that it is. As soon as the words fall from my mouth our warning bell goes off letting us know a number of casualties are going to arrive any minute now. I leave our doctors station and head towards Minseok as he is the main Doctor of the ER.

"A local School bus crashed, the ambulance contacted us and said that there are five males badly injured. Two have broken bones it looks like, but we will need to get them for x rays . "sorry boss the ambulance is here", a nurse tells us as we run towards the door as the ambulance opens its doors.

No pov

"Ok so what have we got here?" Minseok askes as he looks at the first male that comes through the door on the stretcher. "He is a male of 18 with what seems to be a broken arm" the paramedic tell him as Minseok shouts for him to be sent to the non critical area in the ER. "Ok who's next?" he shouts again as another boy is brought in as more ambulances show up. "Doctor we have what seems to be a broken leg" again Minseok tells them to go to the non critical part of the E.R.

Baek watches as the door of the next ambulance opens as the paramedics panick in the back. "Whats going on?" Baek hurries over to the ambulance and jumps in the back.  Checking the boys pulse baek shouts as loud as he can  "Ok we are loosing him, his pulse is slow lets get him out of the ambulance". Baek stands beside the stretcher and checks the pulse again. "He has no pulse, starting CPR" he gets help with cutting the boys top off and starts chest compressions. "Don't you die on me, hang on" Baek says as he keeps doing chest compressions. "Get that adrenaline into his veins now" he shouts as Minseok is already administering it. He continues to do chest compressions as he checks  for the pulse again. "Welcome back, Baek watches as the boy starts to breath on his own. "Get him into critical now" Baek watches as the boy is rushed off with the help of other doctors.

"Baek you follow that boy to critical and ill sort the rest, now go Minseok shouts at him to follow the boy who's pulse stopped. Running down the hall to the room where they have brought the young boy Baek spots Kai in the doorway of his private room. "What's going on?" Kai looks at Baek with a worried look. "Its ok Mr Kim please get back into bed I will check up on you in a few minutes" Baek tells him as he rushes into the next room beside Mr Kim and closes the door leaving a worried Kai behind him.

Just as he is about to head into his bedroom to do as he was told the young trainee who was with Baek earlier is making a commotion at the end of the hallway and is being held back by hospital security. "What the hell is going on?" Kai says to himself as the young boy lets out a scream as he breaks free running down the hall while Kai reaches out and stops him. "Hey what's the rush ?" Kai wraps his arms around him holding him as the younger boy tries to tell him through tears as security approach him making Kai stop them so he can find out what is going on. "Catch your breath and tell me what's wrong?" 

Kai asks him again as Chenle tries to control his tears. "He is my boyfriend in there Mr Kim and I need to see him please let me go......Jisung" he roars making Baek hurry out of the next room to see what all the screaming is about.

"Doctor Byun please let me see him please" Baek hurries over to him as kai holds him still. "Chenle why are you here?" he moves closer to Chenle rubbing his arm. "They are all my friends but that is my boyfriend in there Doctor Byun please can I see him please" he bends over Kai's arm crying more as Baek looks at Kai. "Why don't you come into my room ok and let the Doctors do their job and that way you are still close to him, how does that sound?" Kai says as Chenle looks up at them both. "Ok" he sniffs as Kai guides him into his hospital room with Baek following. "Let us check him over a little more and send him for tests just to make sure he has no broken bones or anything else ok, and I will come and find you when we are finished" Baek moves back to the door as Kai follows him out closing over the door a little. "Will his boyfriend be ok?" Kai touches Baek's arms making him melt into the tallers touch and wonder why he goes like this with just a simple touch. "He will be fine now, I better get back in to him, go rest please" Baek says as he begins to walk away. "Yes Doc I will" Kai salutes Baek while the smaller lets out a laugh. "I will check on you both in a while" he says before heading back into the next room.

"He will be ok won't he Mr Kim?" Chenle sits on the chair beside Kai's bed wiping his tears. "of course he will, sure look at me I flatlined and here I am annoying all the doctors" Kai says making the smaller smile. "He is in the best hospital under the best care, I'm sure he will be ok". Kai sits back in the bed like he promised he would rest as he continues to talk to the smaller and ask him how he met his boyfriend etc.

Hours have passed and Kai can see Chenle is getting restless now and is watching the door. Just then Baek walks in making Chenle jump up from the chair as Kai climbs off his bed. "How is he, is he ok, can I see him now please?" Chenle doesn't give Baek a chance to talk as Kai takes him by the arm and shows him some sort of comfort as he feels really bad for the young boy.  "He is fine he has a few broken ribs and a broken collar bone but we have him asleep at the moment as he is in a lot of pain, you can go with the nurse next door into see him for a few minutes then you are going to go home get some sleep and come back in the morning and be here when he wakes ok". Baek opens the door and lets him go to the nurs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter