Chapter 22

Emergency love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a few days now and Kai has thrown himself into work. He decided to give Baekhyun his space since that day in the park. Every time he closes his eyes he can see Baekhyun sitting on the grass as he drives away. He stopped Sehun from telling him about the smaller. He knows himself he was just trying to be nice and was told off for it. He never thought we would be accused of being a person that smothers someone.

He cancelled the food and drinks to the hospital and he feels bad for it but then again he did only do it when the accident happened and staff were not able to get time to eat. Now that is over there is no need for it anymore.

"Boss?" Jaehyun his driver peaks his head around the office door.

"Yes, come in sorry Jaehyun my mind was elsewhere" Kai sits back in his office chair taking a breath as if he was holding it while he worked.

"I got the food from the restaurant down stairs that you asked for" Jaehyun steps into the room from the signal of his boss.

"Thank you Jaehyun just put it over at the sofas and I'll get it now" he stands up from his office chair touching his back trying to stretch it out from sitting so long.

"I will leave you to eat sir" Jaehyun nods and leaves the room quickly closing the door behind him.

Looking out the window of the city below on this dull overcast day his eyes spots the hospital. He feels a little pain in his heart as he thinks about the doctor he has spent alot of time with and made love to right here in his office. He let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding and moves to the sofa to have some much needed food.

Knock knock

"Come in" he shouts towards the door as Chanyeol his friend steps in.

"What has you here?" Kai starts to eat as his friend closes the door and sits on one of the sofas with some lunch for himself.

"To be honest I came by to make sure you have been eating" Chanyeol tucks into his food making Kai smile at his friend " I'm ok you don't need to worry" he smiles back as Chanyeol wipes his mouth.

"I know you are. I just wanted to make sure that's all. Have you heard from a certain doctor at all yet?"

"No yeol I haven't I'm giving him the space he needs. Can I ask you something though. Do I smother people?"

"I don't think so no. You're just too kind for your own good that's all. If people don't like that and what you do for them then that's their problem. Don't change who you are for anyone, you told me that"  Chanyeol continues to eat as Kai just smiles hearing his friend speak of him like this.

"Do you miss him?"

"Yeah I do but I have also been busy with work so it's kinda made the days go faster"

"Good it will keep your mind off him then anyway how is work going I really hope you are getting some rest" 

"Like I said we have been busy. I have been heading home at a normal time every evening so dont worry it's just tonight I will be later home there is a few files I need to sort out and get rid of them off my desk for good" 

"Just make sure you still rest I can't be loosing you Kai" 

"Aww I love you too" Kai playfully says teasing his friend but knowing deep down he just wants what is best for him. 

"Well I will be off and thanks for the company with lunch try not be so late tonight getting home and I will see you soon" Chanyeol throws his food wrappers into the bin and leaves as Kai sits back in sofa laying his head back and closing his eyes. 

Feeling a bit more energised he cleans up the food wrapper and washes his hands before getting back into his work pile. 

Across town 

" One more try, there we go. Wow thats some marble" Doctor Byun wipes the marble he just removed from a kids nose and holds it out to him.

"What do you say to the doctor sweetheart?"

"Thank you doctor" the little boy says holding his marble in his hand.

"Don't stick anything else up there buddie ok, because next time I might not be able to get it out so easy ok" Baekhyun watches as the little boy leans closer and hugs him. 

"Awww" thank you now off you go and have fun and no more sticking things up there ok" Baekhyun waves to the boy and his mother as they leave the emergency room. 

"Oh kids they do the weirdest things" Baekhyun washes his hands as he makes his way to the staff room for a ten minute break. 

"Hey Lucas how's it going?" Baek makes his way over to the coffee machine grabbing a cup. 

"It's ok I have to do a surgery soon to remove an appendix I think just waiting on the results of the scan to come back so I'm on standby for that".

"Oh fun and just before lunch" Baekhyun smiles as he sits down at the table beside his friend 

"How are you baek?" Lucas moves closer almost whispering. 

"I'm ok I guess" 

"Just ok?" 

"Yes just ok lucas everyone needs to stop worrying about me so much I'm fine" 

"No your not, you miss Mr tall dark and handsome" Minseok says smirking as he steps into he room. 

"Which one" Lucas laughs out making Baekhyun give him a killer look. 

"Sorry but it's true" Lucas shrugs his shoulders not seeing what he said that was wrong 

"He ain't wrong" Minseok joins in making Baekhyun put his head on the table. 

"So what is the deal then?" Minseok bravely takes a seat close to baek as the smaller finally looks up at them both. 

"There is no deal with either of them I'm better off on my own. I come to work I go home that's enough for me" 

"That is no life baek. You need to live your life also instead of staying inside on your days off go out and get some fresh air into you". Minseok reach across touching his friends hand in comfort. 

"Minseok is right baek you need to get out more. Plus I better head off now and call my man before I head in for surgery, laters" Lucas rushes out the door leaving the two alone. 

"You miss him don't you?" Minseok watches as Baekhyun shakes his head. 

"Yes and no. He was pretty full on with me minseok" 

"He just cared for you and made sure you were taken care off baek"

"Im not use to all that. I like things my way and when I say I will do something I mean I will do it not to keep pushing your way"

"I know he did that with you but give him a chance baek he was just doing what he thought was right" 

"I know but still I felt smothered he was so involved so fast" 

"You had a part in that also baek not just him. You never told him anything different untill the last minute so you can't blame him for that"

"So I'm the bad guy?" Baekhyun looks up at his friend in shock 

"Yeah you kinda are. He can't read your mind baek" 

"Why can't people just leave me alone" baekhyun lowers his head on the table again feeling drained. 

"What about the teacher?" 

"What about him?" Baekhyun looks up fast making minseok jump a little at the sudden movement. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter