Chapter 21

Emergency love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm lucky I have extra shirts with me at work" I smile as Baek sit on the desk in front of me buttoning up my shirt.

 

"Yeah you are lucky but I'd rather you not wear a shirt" Baek kisses my chest one more time before closing the last button.

 

"Let me take you out. Let's get out of here for the day" I watch as his eyes light up a little. "I've been in bed for a good few days it would be nice to see the world for a bit" Baek slides off the counter and pulls his shoes on before fixing his hair again.

 

"So beautiful" I wrap my arms around his waist from behind hugging him tight as I kiss his neck. "So cheesy" Baek playfully says as I make him turn to face me better.

 

"Cheesy, am I know. How though I called you beautiful" I lean in kissing his neck making me giggle.

 

"I don't know, maybe I'm just not use to being called all the sweet things you call me" I watch as he lowers his head a little feeling shy for once.

 

"Come on then let's get out of here" Grabbing my jacket and car keys we leave my office and head down to the car.

 

"Have you been taking your medication?" he turns Doctor on me in the lift as I just smile at him. "Yes doc I am like a very good boy. If I wasn't would you punish me?" I try as he continues to be serious.

 

"Please tell me you have been taking them Kai" I see he is rather concerned so I don't mess anymore and pull him closer.

 

"Yes sweetheart I have been, I promise you" cupping his cheek I move in and gently kiss his lips.

 

"So where are we going?" His mood changes all of a sudden taking me off guard as I shake my head and try to think.

 

"There are a few new takeaway food stalls in the big square in the park near the fountain. I'd like to take you there" the lift opens as I step out and hold out my hand hoping he will take it.

 

"Sounds perfect to me let's go" he smiles from ear to ear and takes my hand linking our fingers together. It's so good to see him smiling again after him being so down and tired these past few days.

 

The park

 

"I can see why you took the blanket from your car" he looks at me smiling as many others in the park have done the same on this beautiful sunny day. 

 

Taking the blanket he walks ahead of me and finds a nice spot by a tree where people have moved from. 

 

"Oh wow this is beautiful here" he flops down on the blanket making me stand and watch him. "Well don't stand there Mr Kim come sit with me" he pats the ground beside him as he slides off his shoes. 

 

"Fancy some food?" I nod over to the venders at the food stalls. "Oh bring me back anything please you choose"  he lays back on the blanket with his eyes closed as I grab us some food. 

 

No pov 

 

"Hey stranger" Baekhyun hears and sits up quickly seeing the teacher he had the date with before standing blocking his sun. 

 

"Oh.... Hi.... How's you?" Baekhyun panics while looking over to see Kai still at the food stalls 

 

"Good are you here alone?" The teacher sits beside him on the blanket making Baekhyun start to sweat. 

 

"No I'm here with a friend of mine actually and he is just getting us some food" 

 

"That's good I won't keep you then. How's work at the hospital?" The teacher stands up brushing himself off. 

 

"Very busy to be honest this is my first proper day off and out in the fresh air. How's school?" Baekhyun tries to be nice but just wants the teacher to leave. 

 

"Yeah the kids are great as always and schools nearly over so I'll have my free time soon" the teacher smiles making Baekhyun blush knowing he kinda played him a little. 

 

"That's great news" Baekhyun looks down at his lap not knowing what else to say. 

 

"Fancy a drink some time?" Lay asks as Baekhyun blushes. "I'm kinda seeing someone now, I'm sorry" Baekhyun hates being this harsh but he can't lie. 

 

"Aww ok I guess giving you space was a loss to me" Yixing smirks feeling like he was used. 

 

"No its wasn't like that it's just how it happened I'm so sorry Yixing I really am" Baekhyun stands up feeling really bad as yixing just smiles "Nice guys always finish last isn't that what they say. Well enjoy your time off and take care Baekhyun" and with that he walks off leaving Baekhyun feeling terrible at how things went with him. 

 

"Hey foods up" Kai returns with the boxes of hot food as Baekhyun sits and takes one from him

 

"Who was that?" Kai asks noticing Baekhyuns mood has changed for the worst. 

 

"I won't lie to you Kai he is a guy I met in the supermarket and went out on a date with just as you appeared into my life. I kinda brushed him off when he tried to reach out telling me I was too tired or busy with work. He asked me there just now if I'd like to have a drink with him" Kai watches feeling like his heart is about to break. 

 

"Do you want to?" Kai whispers as he watches Baekhyuns reaction. 

 

"No I don't and I told him that. I'm happy here with you Kai, I like you" Baekhyun gives a shy smile as he begins to eat his food as Kai smiles back feeling maybe he got in the way of something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter