Nightmare

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Two~

 

Amber tried to scream, but the noise was stuck in . When she was turned to view the man from the bus, her heart rate immediately slowed. Instead of the white haired man from the bus, her usual patron from the bar stood before her.

“He’s gone,” Ryeowook spoke, his voice calm and low so he wouldn’t scare her more. Amber’s eyes scanned the area before relaxing completely.

“Come on, I’ll walk you home.” Ryeowook ordered, releasing his hold on her wrist and placing his hand in his pocket. As they walked, Amber eyed him. Despite the fashion of today, he always seemed old fashion, and something about him always seemed whimsical.

“How did you find me?” she asked, tired of the silence. Ryeowook looked over before shrugging and pointing over to an apartment complex near by.

“I live over there, I was returning from a friends home when I saw you running from this man.” Ryeowook explained as he paused at the four way. Amber nodded, the events still making her hair stand on end, when they hadn’t moved, she looked up in fear.

“It’s not like I know where you live.” Ryeowook remarked, it was a lie, he followed her home every night to make sure she was safe. A habit, one that paid off this night. Amber chuckled, the action not matching her emotion as she walked ahead. It was comforting to hear the man’s footsteps behind her, knowing that he was there to keep her safe. The short distance to her home made her happy. Soon, she would be in the safety of her own walls, surrounded by her two roommates. She suddenly stopped, her face going white.

“Something wrong?” Ryeowook asked, sensing the girls sudden heart increase.

“Y-you can’t come any farther.” she announced, if her roommates found him, learned of what had happened, he would be a dead man.

“I can go home from here. Thank you again.” she smiled, turning to face him. Ryeowook raised a brow before smiling. He would still follow, just not where she could see him.

“Of course Amber, if you need me, you know where I am.” he bowed.

“At the bar, of course.” she whispered, not realizing Ryeowook heard her humored retort as she turned to walk away from him. He made the illusion of walking around the corner, before closing his eyes and letting the shadows of the night take hold of him.....

 

Amber opened her front door after a long breath. So far so good. Her two roommates were nowhere to be seen yet. Maybe she could sneak to her room and this whole thing be put behind her. She entered her room, placing her bag on the floor beside the door and growling. She needed a second job if she ever wanted to leave this place. But, after tonight, did she want to leave and be alone?

“Amber, are you home?” a voice called as severe knocking shook her door. Amber rolled her eyes as she sprawled out on her bed.

“No, someone else walked into her room.” she groaned out, exhaustion hitting her.

“Oh good, we ordered pizza if you want to come out and join us.” the voice of her second roommate called. Lee Hyukjae and Lee Donghae, not blood related, but did everything together.

“And we are just dying to here about the guy who walked you to the end of the street.” Hyukjae called making Amber groan and toss a pillow at the door. Of course they had been watching her. They were both like over protective parents. Gathering a few things, Amber made her way to the only bathroom in the house. Yelling it was hers, she entered and prepared for a nice bath until food arrived. During the weeks, Leeteuk’s bar was open until midnight during the week, weekends though was until four in the morning, that was when she got the best tips.

She could hear the normal comotions of Eunhae filtering through the walls as she undressed and sunk into the tubs water. Relaxation, just what she needed after a long day such as today. Slowly, she began cleaning herself, humming gently as she tried to forget the day. She loved working for Leeteuk at Angel bar, but some nights, were just too much.

Her bath didn’t take long, finishing her task and walking to the living room as the smell of pizza drifted in the air.

“Hey girl, want to explain mr old school to us?” Donghae asked, a slice of pizza dangling from his hand. Amber rolled her eyes before grabbing some food.

“Just a guy who lives nearby, he comes to the bar alot.” she explained. Hyukjae raised a brow before shaking his head.

“What have we told you about walking with strangers.” he chided earning Amber’s glare.

“You and Hae were just begging to know if we were dating seconds ago.” she stated. Donghae shook his head before smiling at their female roommate.

“Hyuk and I are just worried about you.” Donghae said, trying to convey his words. Amber smiled before standing, suppressing a yawn as she stretched.

“I’m going to sleep, I’ll see you both in the daylight hours.” she grinned before leaving the room.


 

Ryeowook glared at his book, the words on the pages not holding his attention as it usually did. Kim Yesung, he had heard whispers of him in the shadows. It wasn’t good, and he hated that the vampires sights had been set on Rin. The female was not his to smell or taste, and Ryeowook was damned if he would let the other go near her again.

“Have you drank anything this week?” Henry asked, watching the older with curious eyes. Ryeowook shook his head, he would need to drink soon though.

“Do you need to use me?” Henry asked, the human smiled as he offered his wrist. Ryeowook shook his head, he would wait until he absolutely needed to. Henry sighed before standing up and eyeing his bedroom.

“I’ll wake tomorrow and search for some more deceased blood from the hospital.” the human stated before leaving the room again. Ryeowook didn’t respond, his eyes once more trained on the book he couldn’t bring himself to read. Did he dare go out and face Yesung alone, or did he tell the others in the community about the vampire.

“So many choices. This Yesung is someone I dare not cross though.” Ryeowook muttered to himself. He had seen the uncaring look in the vampires eyes, felt the dark auror around him. Standing up, he made his way to the door and grabbing his coat. Leeteuk would still be around and he needed another drink.....


 

Sungmin curled beside Kyuhyun, enjoying the soft singing coming from the other.

“Yesung hyung bit you again, didn’t he.” Kyuhyun whispered, the words interrupting his song. Sungmin didn’t reply as he felt Kyuhyun kiss his shoulder.

“It’s my fault, I should have died.” Kyuhyun continued making Sungmin shake his head.

“Don’t say that, I would have died if I lost you.” Sungmin stated as he turned and gently caressed the others face, leaning forward to kiss Kyuhyun’s lips. The young vampire hummed into the kiss of his lover. Feeling Sungmin beside him, smelling him. It was intoxicating, a drug, a suffocating drug.

Kyuhyun moved between Sungmin’s shoulder and neck, the pale skin before pressing kisses to his vein.

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered, his name a warning on the human’s lips.

“You can’t.” Sungmin continued, moving to gently push away the others head. Kyuhyun shook his head, panting as he eyed his human. Chuckling, Sungmin shook his head.

“You’ve eaten Kyu, and Yesung would be furious if you did it.” Sungmin explained.

“I know, I know.” Kyuhyun replied, pushing himself away so he could clear his mind. Watching with sad eyes, Sungmin pulled the blankets closer around him. He missed his Kyuhyun.

“Maybe tomorrow Kyu, I’ll feel better.” Sungmin said. It was always the same. Yesung bit him, they had , Sungmin would be weak and hurt. Kyuhyun hated when Yesung bit Sungmin, Sungmin was his.

“Go to sleep.” Sungmin called out, his eyes already closed. Kyuhyun smiled as he once more laid beside his lover.

“I don’t sleep, remember.” Kyuhyun chuckled as he gently his hyung’s hair. “But, I will stay awake and keep you safe.” he declared as he pulled Sungmin closer to his side. No one would hurt him....

 

“Yesung is here?” Leeteuk said, drinking his beer. Ryeowook nodded his head. Of

course Leeteuk would be interested.

“Do we tell the others, or what?” Ryeowook asked, his mind on protecting his human. Leeteuk began to pace, his eyes closed as he thought. Ryeowook remained silent, allowing the older vampire to think. This secret world of theirs, amongst the humans who thought they were mythes. If they only knew the type of monsters their society kept at bay.

“He hasn’t done anything illegal yet that we or the authorities know of.” Leeteuk whispered causing Ryeowook to turn his head.

“He nearly attacked a human tonight.” he didn’t dare mention who though.

“I will alert the authorities to be on the lookout, until then, try not to get on his bad side.” Leeteuk warned. It was too late, he already tried to eat Yesung earlier.

“Sounds easy,” Ryeowook lied, he planned to stake out Yesung and kill him if he dared go near his human again. Leeteuk raised a brow before finishing his drink.

“Daylight is soon, go home before the humans come out.” the elder smiled, showing Ryeowook to the door.

“And Don’t worry, I am sure everything will be fine.” Leeteuk said as Ryeowook left the bar for a second time that night. Leeteuk’s final words were meant to be sincere, but, Ryeowook had noticed the elders words were never right...