News Flash

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Four~

 

Darkness came, wrapping like a blanket over the Earth. Amber made her way to the bar, the Friday night air brisk and filled with the sounds of party goers.

“Couldn’t get here any earlier?”  Key asked as he crossed his arms. His uniform was missing the top two buttons, a fashion statement of his, she was sure of it.

“Sorry, I lost track of time.” she replied walking past the waiter as he mouthed an insult at her. Leeteuk was behind the dar speaking with a raven haired stranger as Amber passed him. Placing away her things and gathering her pad and pen for orders, she quickly began getting to work. As usual the patrons were talkative and lively, the normal family eaters enjoying a night out.

“Hey, table six has kids, be warned.” Key whispered as he passed Amber and headed to the bar. She sighed, kids meant a mess they would have to clean fast before the next costumer.

“Did you hear the news?” a woman asked, her voice near a whisper as Amber neared the table.

“Yes, I heard he tried to attack a human.” her partner replied, his voice equally quiet. Taking a deep breath, she approached and began her normal routine.....

 

“So, she was the girl?” Heechul asked, his voice low as he watched Amber work. Leeteuk nodded as he closed his eyes.

“If Ryeowook had not intervened, she may not be here.” Leeteuk replied. Heechul took note of both the human and vampires in the room, only one of the species knowing of the other.

“She doesn’t know that the human on the news is her.” Heechul mused, finding it funny.

“I don't think she has even watched the news yet.” Leeteuk replied as the doors opened again and another set of vampires entered. Both Heechul and Leeteuk raised a brow, it wasn’t unusual for the vampire race to come out in the evening’s for some family time, but they were seeing an influx of people.

“I guess the news is causing the opposite effect.” Heechul frowned.

“They feel too safe, it’s bad.” Leeteuk chided, moving to pour a drink for an order. Heechul shook his head as he took a drink of the blood Leeteuk had provided him.

“Our humans are discussing measures as we speak. Keep the vampire staff working, but at midnight, send the humans home. A curfew will be mandated soon.” Heechul ordered before standing up. Leeteuk narrowed his eyes before nodding, watching as his friend left the building.

“Honey, I swear everytime that man comes the daylighters wet themselves.” Key spoke making Leeteuk jump a mile in the air.

“Dammit, stop sneaking up like that.” the elder snarled. Key shrugged as he glanced over at Amber, the girl smiling and talking with guests of all species.

“Do we tell her, or let her be in bliss?” Key asked eyeing his elder. Leeteuk shook his head, he was not going to break a law just because of her.

“Our job is to protect daylighters, not let them know shadows exist.” the elder spoke.

“Maybe it’s time daylighters knew of us.” Key explained, keeping his voice low. Again, he shook his head, shadows always hid and followed behind the daylighters. They coexisted with out knowing each other.

Key frowned before glaring at his boss.

“We have daylighter guardians, and I am tired of living in shadows.” Key snarled as he turned to eye the resturant and bar. “All of this is just a facade, a mask we wear to blend in. I hate it. Maybe Yesung is right, maybe it is time for a change.” Key hissed before walking out of the building in anger....

 

Kyuhyun watched as Yesung sipped his blood, the news playing softly on the screen. It depicted Yesung as the bad guy. Said he had attacked a human woman. Was it true? Or, had something else happened?

“Sungmin should be here shortly.” Yesung commented, his eyes never leaving his cup and drawing Kyuhyun’s attention. The way Yesung said his hyung’s name made him swallow a growl. Kyuhyun was connected to Yesung, he knew when the older vampire used or touched his human hyung. He hated it.

“Will he be in trouble?” Kyuhyun asked in worry, Yesung had explained Sungmin had been sent on a special trip. Did that include the human on the television?

“That depends,” Yesung replied, standing from his chair as it slid back from the table. Kyuhyun waited, eyes focused on the vampire. Sungmin entered the home a few moments later.

“To your room Kyuhyun.” Yesung ordered, placing his glass on the counter and eyeing Sungmin. Kyuhyun didn’t move, worry for his hyung keeping him rooted in place. Yesung turned to the younger with narrowed eyes.

“I said, go to your room.” Yesung commanded. This time, the pull of his creators orders proved too much as Kyuhyun growled and left the room. Sungmin stood in the door, his head bowed as he waited for the vampire to punish or reward him.

“You failed to befriend her.” Yesung stated, moving to stand before the human. Sungmin nodded his head, Yesung didn’t want excuses, so he never gave them.

“I told you before what would happen if you failed.” Yesung continued.

“Yes sir, I’m sorry.” Sungmin bowed. Yesung raised a hand, the slap echoing throughout the room and sending Sungmin to the floor. The human saw stars, tasted blood on his lips, in his mouth. He yelped when he was yanked up by his hair.

“One more chance, fail this time, and Ryeowook won’t get the chance to kill Kyuhyun, you will do it for him.” Yesung threatened before tossing the human to the side. The tears were falling freely from Sungmin’s eyes, he wanted far away. The being before him scared him. A soft embrace made the human jump as he looked up to see Kyuhyun at his side.

“You always seem disobedient.” Yesung said as he gazed boredly at the young vampire. Kyuhyun said nothing as he gently lifted the human into his arms and carried him up the stairs, Yesung never followed them.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun,” Sungmin whispered, his words slurred due to his injuries. Kyuhyun didn’t reply as he opened their bedroom door, once it closed and they were safely inside, Kyuhyun placed the human down.

“Hyung,” Kyuhyun breathed, his voice shaky as he carefully examined his hyung’s mouth and cheek. Yesung’s strength, even held back, was enough to knock a person out. Sungmin hated the look of his own blood on Kyuhyun’s finger tips, hated how Kyuhyun fought with himself to keep from the crimson liquid.

“I won’t fail again.” Sungmin promised, moving to grab something to clean up with. Kyuhyun reached out a hand to stop him.

“Kyuhyun,” Sungmin saw the hunger in those brown eyes, saw the internal battle the younger had with himself. The human remained still, allowing this predator to examine his prey and control himself. When the vampire blinked and slunked away, Sungmin smiled.

“Let’s clean up and I can lay down to rest.” Sungmin offered, his heart breaking at his and Kyuhyun’s horrid fate.....


 

Ryeowook was near the end of his rope as Siwon continued to voice his opinion on the Yesung case. How honored he would be to have Ryeowook back on the force. Ryeowook on the other hand wanted to toss the man off the tallest building and see if he died.

“The force needs your little body to scare our perps. You know what they say, the shorter you are the closer to hell you are.” Siwon mused.

“The air up there must be too thin, you’ve lost your mind.” Ryeowook countered. Henry only watched from his safe place under the table. If it was overturned, at least the table would fall away from him. Ryeowook debated everything Siwon had said so far, debated rather he wanted to remain in his home or leave. As the elder spoke, Ryeowook began to lean more towards leaving his home. He needed a drink and wanted to see the human he had begun to gain interest in.

“Henry, see Siwon out. I have plans that need dealing with and giant trolls are not permitted to follow.” Ryeowook ordered before leaving for the bar. It was near midnight now, and the drunks and too feely s were in full bloom.