Nightmare

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Nine~

 

Seoul, South Korea 1952

 

Ryeowook shivered as he held his daughter close to his chest, Yesung pacing near the windows as the bombs went off around them. Fear was in both their eyes as their child slept unaware of the danger outside her parents hold. Yesung sighed as he finally walked over to his lover’s side.

“You two go to bed, you start the police force tomorrow. Maybe we can end this useless fight the human’s have once again started.” he smiled cupping Ryeowook’s face before stealing a kiss. Ryeowook pouted before holding the human he had adopted tighter and leaving for the one room they all shared.

Yesung waited until they were out of sight before returning to glaring out the window. War, it was useless and resulted in absolutely nothing. His little one was a poor result of this war. Her parents killed by this war. He wouldn’t let them hurt her or his Wookie.

Grabbing his coat, he left the safety of his home and into the streets of the Korean war...

 

Ryeowook smiled as he brushed back the raven locks of his young daughter. As the world around them shook with explosions, his little world here was perfect.



 

Incheon, South Korea 1967

Ryeowook rubbed his eyes as his unit ran over the newest crime sweep.

“All I’m saying, is that I refuse to do anymore paperwork on this.” Heechul pouted as Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

“You never did it before.” Hyukjae remarked.

“I did it for you.” Donghae added. Siwon and D.O chuckled as Heechul launched himself at the two vampires. Ryeowook smiled as he returned his attention to the board filled with pictures of both vampires and sunlighters. Something didn’t sit right with him. Murder increases and missing persons.

“Wookie?” The new voice drew Ryeowook’s attention and making him turn around. Yesung stood in the doorway with a smile as he adjusted his leather jacket. Standing up, Ryeowook ignored his group and made his way to his lovers arms.

“Yesungie, why are you here?” Ryeowook asked as he nuzzled into his lover’s chest.

“I can’t come visit my little lover?” Yesung asked as he feigned hurt. Ryeowook giggled before raising a brow.

“And where is our little lady?” Ryeowook asked moving back and crossing his arms. Yesung shrugged with a smile, his eyes trailing over his lover’s body. Ryeowook shook his head knowing his other’s thoughts.

“Running around like always.” Yesung replied, his hands reaching out for Ryeowook again. He dragged the smaller male out of the precinct, ignoring the light laughter and teasing of the other vampires.


 

Present Day

Amber groaned as she opened her eyes. She had that dream again, always some faceless man would attack her in this strange yet familiar home before everything would go black again. She hated it, hated not knowing what it all meant. Sitting up from her bed, she strained her ears to hear any noise outside her room. When nothing drew her attention, she got up, intent of finding food she was sure Hyukjae and Donghae had left her.

“Amber, you're up?” Henry called from his position at the table. He looked as if he had been in the middle of something as he shifted his laptop away from her sights. With a shrug she walked over to the fridge.

“Yeah, I had a weird dream, nothing bad though.” she replied as she grabbed the carton of orange juice and moved to sit beside her friend. Henry offered a smile before closing his computer and leaning back in his chair.

“Mom and dad left me in charge.” he teased as Amber chugged from the carton. With a roll of her eyes, she put down the drink and smirked. The two shared a look, they had been together as far back as Amber remembered, and never once had he made her upset. Leaning forward, she eyed him determined.

“So, where are mom and dad?” she asked knowing he had the answer. Henry looked away, a blush on his face but his eyes turning downward as a timid shield dulled his brown eyes.

“How should I know.” he said trying to avoid her look. Amber smiled at him.

“Because you always know. Come on, I’m not a child anymore Henry, you can tell me.” she cooed trying to use her most flirtatious tricks on him. Henry swallowed before shaking his head.

“I know that, but you also know I can’t.” he struggled, subconsciously scratching at the back of his neck. Amber returned to her seat with a pout. She had no idea why he was always so secretive of her roommates. What exactly where they all hiding from her?


 

Ryeowook opened his eyes as the vampires around him turned quiet.

“She needs to know.” he announced earning looks from both Donghae and his lover.

“Yesung will stop at nothing for this war, even going after her. Not to mention, he told me Taemin was back as well.” Ryeowook continued.

“Taemin?” Heechul barked.

“You're speaking with Yesung!” Siwon yelled, the accusation mixing with Heechul’s own outburst. Ryeowook pinched the bridge of his nose, expecting this outcry. Leeteuk eyed the group before raising his hand and earning the immediate silence and attention.

“If he knows, there is no reason too hide her any longer.” He began, “As you know, I was against her hiding in the first place.” Leeteuk explained.

“But, if Taemin is with Yesung as he said, then wouldn’t she be in the same danger we tried to keep her from?” Siwon asked curiously. An exchange of nods followed his words. Leeteuk’s eyes locked with Ryeowook, an unspoken argument taking place before the younger became submissive and looked down.

“She is both yours and his to deal with. You made the choice, we as you're friends supported it. Now as you're friends, we are telling you to adjust to the new circumstances.” Leeteuk ordered. Heechul growled as he stood up and crossed his arms.

“Always determined to give me more work.” he grumbled before leaving the room already knowing the youngests answer.