Pawns of war

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Six~

 

Taemin smiled as he talked enough for both Kyuhyun and himself. The vampire had promised to show him everything he needed to know about the vampire world. Every word he spoke sounded like a dream. As Kyuhyun followed him, it seemed as if everything else were disappearing. There was nothing else in the world, it was just he and Taemin.

“I promise Creaturae, I’ll keep you safe by my side.” Taemin spoke, the feel of his soft hands wrapping around Kyuhyun’s throat.

“You will become mine.” Taemin whispered, his fangs extending as he led them into an alley.

“Yours,” Kyuhyun whispered as he continued in his trance. Taemin smiled at how easy it was to control the boy. So untouched, so new. Whoever created the child, kept him sheltered.

He would corrupt him, it was his job.

Tilting the boys head to the side, Taemin leaned in, his tongue flicking over the pale skin of the boys jugular. He would taste so sweet. blood. He would make this vampire dependent on him alone.

“Is it not against rules to touch another's property?” a voice asked, pausing Taemin’s actions, the young vampire growling. His trance would not last long, and if this vampire intruding was the creaturae’s owner, then it was over.

“It depends, why do you want something so naive as to trust a Vixen?” Taemin asked, a hand moving to softly caress the boys face.

“My name is Yesung, and, if you do wish to own the vampire currently in your arms, we have much to discuss.” Yesung greeted, his voice calm and the air around him electrifying and controlling. Taemin raised a brow, Yesung, so this was the vampire the city was currently buzzing about.

“Discuss?” he asked, pressing his luck with some answers. Yesung smiled as he watched the vampire with his toy.

“First off, he has a human, of course, that human belongs to me. Kyuhyun here is also mine to use as I created him. But, seeing as you have a certain draw to him, I can let you borrow him.” Yesung mused. Borrow? Had they not just discussed giving?

“How can he still have a human? I thought you hated humans?” Taemin asked, he had to hurry this up. Yesung chuckled as he examined the men before him.

“I do, but, it seems they came as a couple. He is drawn to the human.” Yesung replied. Taemin cursed before glaring at the boy under his trance.

“Sanguine luxuriae.” he hissed as Yesung nodded. So, his little treat had a human he craved, seemed fun.

“So, what is there to discuss? Surely it wasn’t about the creaturae’s crush.” Taemin smirked, ready to indulge in the sweet blood of this vampire he had captured. Yesung moved now, stalking forward like a predator to prey.

“Join my army, and you can play all the games you want, with whoever you want.” Yesung promised, the words tantalizing to the trickster vixen. Taemin grinned before sinking his teeth into Kyuhyun’s neck. The rush of blood excited him as his eyes turned a bright red. Yesung grinned, his army was one bigger now. The first move of many.

“I’m happy to have you. Kyuhyun will bring you home.” Yesung said before turning to leave the vampire to his meal....


 

Ryeowook smirked as Heechul glared at him. The vampire was from the eighteen hundreds, older than Ryeowook, but just as snarky.

“Why are you back?” Heechul snarled, cleary upset by the possibility of more paperwork than necessary. Ryeowook remained silent as Siwon entered the room followed by Shindong and Zhou Mi.

“We have a crises among our breed.” Shindong stated, his left leg bouncing from nerves.

“Yesung,” Siwon spoke, his voice hard and different from the usual playfulness it held.

“Do we know anything about him or his reason for being here?” Zhou Mi asked carefully. This time Ryeowook spoke, his voice almost hollow.

“A war,” he replied.

“War?” Heechul repeated.

“Yes, one between human and vampire. This time, he doesn’t want a draw, but an enslaved humanity.” Ryeowook explained. Shindong raised a brow before crossing his arms.

“You sure know a lot about this Kim Ryeowook.” he snarled, glaring at the youngest vampire in the room. Ryeowook returned the snarl before standing up. This was why he didn’t want to be here, why he quite the force. Why everything had happened.

“I was once on the force remember? During my last mission, I discovered Yesung’s trail, but when my unit and myself tried to investigate, we ended up getting more than we could chew.” Ryeowook said, his voice hard and grief filled. Heechul and Siwon were silent, they alone remembered that night. They shared Ryeowook’s dark memory he kept deep in his mind.

“So, what do we do?” Zhou Mi asked, clearly worried for both worlds.

“We can’t remain silent if Yesung is continuing what was partially discovered years ago.” Siwon added. Again it was silent, Ryeowook’s hands shaking from both anger and the haunting memory.

“Well, should we alert the public?” Shindong asked, eyeing the group.

“No, that’s just more paperwork and I refuse to do more.” Heechul whined as he dropped his head in the folds of his arms. Siwon chuckled as he gently patted the males back.

“Not for the same reason, but I agree with Heechul hyung. We should keep this to ourselves and the government. Causing a panic now would be the opposite of what we want.” Zhou Mi explained. Ryeowook nodded in agreement, until they had more information, this was the better plan. Shindong growled, clearly upset with the choice.

“Then it is settled for now, Heechul hyung, can you gather a team tasked with discovering more about Yesung?” Siwon ordered. Heechul glared before sighing with a shrug. Ryeowook narrowed his eyes.

“We need people with experience. The rookies now would all die if they confronted Yesung.” Ryeowook announced. All eyes looked over, Siwon’s held excitement while Heechul’s only held sadness.

“Does this mean you are returning to the force?” Siwon asked in his usual excited voice. Ryeowook shook his head, he hated the idea, and if he wasn’t in the force, he could get more done.

“I will just be doing my civic duty to report things.” Ryeowook reminded as he shared a meaningful glance with Heechul before walking away.

“It’s always more paperwork.” Heechul sighed as he gathered some papers from a file cabinet and glared at the other vampire in the room.

“Well get out, some of us have work to do.” He snarled, standing to usher them from his office....


 

Ryeowook hated how it came to this, but he and his team were already marked. Destined to be a part of this war they wanted so desperately to avoid. Looking up at the moon, he felt a pain he hadn’t felt in years.

Sadness.

“My apologies old friends.” Ryeowook whispered. A gang of friends, they shared blood, love, loss, and pain. Now, they would share a hell worse than the curse of being a vampire, now, they would share war.....