Chapter thirteen

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

Ryeowook felt jittery, his past, his present, was all together in a single room, fighting for all of their futures. Siwon was speaking, praising them for a job they hadn’t accomplished yet. Ryeowook knew if he was still human, he would be sick.

 

Did they not remember their scars? The reason why they were scattered in the wind? Ryeowook took a breath, the scent of friends, not family. No one here shared his blood. 

 

“Have you heard from her?” Leeteuk asked, his words a whisper as Heechul and Siwon argued. 

 

“Henry is following her,” he replied, keeping his eyes on the room. Leeteuk nodded, understanding the younger vampires inner thoughts. Guilt, it was guilt that haunted Ryeowook. This was his fault, his fight. 

 

Yesung was like this because of him, because of what he did in secret, of what grief had made him become. 

 

Amber, was her replacement, Amber’s life, had become Rin’s. How long could Ryeowook hide the true reason for this war? The true reason he wanted to keep Amber alive and Yesung wanted her dead?

 

~~~~~~

 

Taemin smiled as he caressed Amber’s cheek, pushing back raven hair and trapping her between his body and the wall. Her eyes were glazed over, trapped within his spell.

 

“I’m going to enjoy this,” Taemin smiled, his fangs ghosting over as he the spot he planned to bite. 

 

“Are you?” Yesung’s voice broke through the darkness, forcing Taemin to pause. 

 

“I gave you the order to bring her to me, not bite her.” Yesung said, stepping closer and separating the two. Amber remained still, oblivious to the situation. 

 

“I’m just speeding things up, she dies anyway.” Taemin scoffed. Yesung narrowed his eyes before slowly his lips. 

 

“Watch and wait, it will be her that brings me my ultimate goal,” Yesung said, turning to the girl, his back to Taemin. Anger flashed in the Youngers eyes before he crossed his arms. He knew better than to go against this elder vampire. 

 

“Tonight, we break Kim Ryeowook,” Yesung whispered, his fingertips lightly touching Amber’s forehead, making her body shimmer and shift.