the truth hidden in the lie

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

 

Ryeowook growled as Yesung stood across from him. How could he still have feelings for someone who had fallen so low?

 

“My my, you look horrible my love.” Yesung greeted, walking forward.

 

“Don’t call me that, don’t call me anything. You lost that right.” Ryeowook hissed. Had he, Ryeowook wanted to believe he had.

 

“You remember don’t you, that horrible night. The night they took her from us.” Yesung whispered. The night he lost both Yesung and their dear Rin.

 

“I don’t understand why you protect the very monsters who killed her.” Yesung continued, “protect the demons who cower before me. Deny me our revenge.” He finished. Yesung was against Ryeowook now, pinning him against the wall.

 

“You still smell as sweet as the day I met you, years of being away only made my love for you fonder. My hatred of the day monsters stronger.” At one time, Ryeowook melted at those words. At one time.

 

“I’ve grown, I swore a duty,” Ryeowook replied.

 

“A duty? A duty to who? To protect monsters who kill whoever for no reason?” Yesung snarled. Ryeowook watched as Yesung’s clawed fingers ghosted against his neck.

 

“I will never hurt you, but, I can also never forgive you.” He whispered before stealing a kiss from his former lover's lips.

 

Ryeowook hated how he kissed back, hated how he missed those lips he once claimed whenever he wanted.

 

Yesung was his enemy. Yesung had done crimes he couldn’t take back.

 

“I miss the old days,” Ryeowook whispered against those warm lips.

 

“As do I,” Yesung disappeared, leaving Ryeowook alone in the alley, a ghost of a kiss on his lips. History had a way of repeating itself, and Ryeowook was the worst at being involved in it. His heart pounded as he tried to calm down, he needed to concentrate, and not on the monster he once loved.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Sungmin narrowed his eyes as he watched Kyuhyun chuckle with Taemin. They were getting inseparable and Sungmin found himself jealous of the vampire. Kyuhyun walked over, smiling as he leaned against the wall. 

 

“There you are, where have you been lately,” Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin crossed his arms, trying to debate how best to talk to his love. 

 

“I’ve been here the whole time,” he finally replied, a hiss behind his words, jealousy lashing out. Kyuhyun shifted on his feet. 

 

“You were gone these last few weeks,” Kyuhyun whispered. Sungmin sighed, his fingers tapping against the side of his legs. 

 

“I got a job, Yesung’s orders,” he replied. The two were silent, the room filling with more vampires and loud laughter. These were the new recruits, the new soldiers for Yesung’s war. Sungmin looked at Taemin, if Yesung won, then Sungmin’s presence would be nulled. Taemin was his replacement.

 

“Do you love him?” Sungmin asked. Kyuhyun looked over confused, his brown eyes blinking. Sungmin laughed, Kyuhyun was far from naive or innocent, but he also knew when Kyuhyun was lying. He had noticed the bite marks on Taemin’s neck, noticed their closeness. 

 

Yesung had confirmed it as well, just not with words. Sungmin was being left behind, and Kyuhyun was being dragged into the future.

 

“I love you Kyuhyun,” it was a whisper, their hands joining. A war was raging, and in the end, Sungmin would be gone. It was a truth he wanted to pretend was a lie. 

 

Sungmin believed a lot of lies that were hidden truths.