Nightingale

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Eight~

 

Yesung smiled as he watched the clock draw closer to twilight. He had a plan, an action ready for him to take.

“I haven’t seen Kyuhyun today,” Sungmin whispered, afraid to anger the vampire before him. Yesung looked over and nodded his head.

“He is with Taemin, tell me Sungmin, did you have any luck finding me suitable humans today?” Yesung asked making Sungmin look down. He quickly remembered the job offer from this morning.

“A human offered me a job this morning, it could give me access to plenty of opportunities for you.” Sungmin replied feeling sick at the betrayal to his own race he was forced to do. Yesung smiled at the news and turned to his human servant.

“Very good, you did well Sungmin.” Yesung beamed before moving to the exit.

“Rest tonight, I have a job to do myself.” Yesung replied before leaving Sungmin in silence.

 

Ryeowook had sent the message with Henry to gather what remained of the old crew he worked with. In order to clear his mind from what would occur later, he had left for a walk, he regretted that decision now.

“Yesung,” he announced, his voice bitter. Yesung stepped forward, his face calm as he placed his hands behind his back. Proper as always, Ryeowook forced back the growl that threatened to escape him as Yesung’s smell drafted towards him, calling him as it once had.

As it always had...

“Why are you here?” Ryeowook continued. Why was he even still there? Ryeowook should have left the moment he smelled the older vampire. Yesung smiled as he slowly approached the younger. Ryeowook didn’t move.

“I still love you.” Yesung whispered, his hand moving to gently cup the side of Ryeowook’s face. Ryeowook wanted to pull away, he thought he had tried.

“I can’t,” Ryeowook whispered, images from that night replaying in his head. Yesung shook his head.

“You won’t,” Yesung returned. Ryeowook glared before pulling away finally.

“I can’t forgive you.” Ryeowook hissed.

“I did what needed to be done.” Yesung replied, his own eyes flashing with anger. Ryeowook shook his head, his heart breaking again as if it existed. The two vampires were silent before Yesung shook his head.

“Why protect the people who killed her?” Yesung asked quietly. Ryeowook didn’t respond, instead looking down at the ground. It was a simple question, should have been a simple answer. It wasn’t though, instead, it just sent Ryeowook deeper into his depression.

“Wookie?” Yesung purred. Ryeowook shook his head, flinching at the contact the other gave him.

“Don’t call me that.” Ryeowook growled.

“Join me,” Yesung ordered.

“I can’t,” Ryeowook snapped.

“You won’t.” Yesung argued back. Ryeowook shook his head and wrapped his arms around himself.

“Yesung, I can’t do this again. I can’t.” and with that, Ryeowook tried to leave. Yesung grabbed his arm, holding the vampire from leaving. They shared a look, one filled with hate the other with love and lust.

In a moment, both men were gone in a puff of smoke....

 

Amber glared at Donghae as he busied himself with making the perfect chicken soup for her. Both he and Hyukjae had begun to panic as the day had worn on into night. Her pale complexion making both men fret.

“We should call Henry, he knows what to do.” Hyukjae said as he searched the contact in his phone. Amber rolled her eyes, they always called Henry when she was sick or something. She wondered why they panicked so much.

“Guy’s, I’m fine.” she smiled, trying to ease the two men of their worry. Both glared at her before returning to the phone.

“We have work tonight, we can’t stay with you, he can.” Donghae declared, ending any and all chances of an argument. Hyukjae spoke in hushed tones over the phone as Amber resigned herself to eating her soup. When he finished, she knew Henry would be there soon. She didn’t have a problem with Henry, she liked him and they shared a lot of similar hobbies and a job. It was just, it seemed like Hyukjae and Donghae always tried to set them up. Her past was a blur to her, foggy memories of voices she didn’t know, but it seemed like Henry had always been there.

Watching the two men leave the room, Amber waited a moment before putting her semi empty bowl away and heading for her room. A quick exit, an escape. No one would notice, it wasn’t like she had not done this before....

 

Kyuhyun roamed the streets of Seoul’s nightlife as if in a trance. His body tingled with the taste of Taemin’s blood, with his touch. Part of him felt alive and on fire, another part was filled with guilt.

Sungmin...

The thought of him had his head racing and heart pounding in his chest. Why? Taemin had promised him freedom, an escape. But, from what was he escaping? What was he trying to be free from? Was Sungmin the bad guy? Was it from this Sungmin that he was trying to run?

He had a job to do. A task given to him by Taemin. As he turned a corner, his body collided with a young woman's, their eyes met, gold against brown.

Kyuhyun smiled in hunger...