Creaturae

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter Five~

 

Ryeowook was tempted to just grab the human and run. Hide her from all danger and Yesung, but he had a job to do.

“Not drinking tonight?” Amber asked as she approached, her usual dark eyes darker and her face flushed slightly. Ryeowook shook his head, he needed to be clear of mind, and though he didn’t get drunk as daylighters did, he did tend to make himself sick on it a different way.

“You should take a break.” Ryeowook announced, watching her carefully as she shrugged and chuckled a little.

“We are short on waiters tonight, and I can handle the influx. I wonder why everyone is out today?” she inquired with a raised brow. Ryeowook gave his own shrug, slightly amazed by how oblivious humans could be. She placed a glass of soda before the vampire and smiled.

“Drink something, you’ve been sitting here for an hour with nothing before you.” she commented before sighing as she was called over to a different table. Daylighters and Shadows, two very different species, coexisting. If daylighters discovered the vampires were real, would they panic? Would the general population have the same fear as much of their government officials that new of the other side?

“So, what do you plan to do?” Leeteuk asked as he walked over. Ryeowook shook his head. He didn’t plan to do anything. Yesung was silent as ever, and that frightened him. He liked knowing his enemy, but Yesung was an unknown, and those were never good.

“The government's have spoken to one another.” Leeteuk continued.

“And their talks were useless. If rumors are true, then I fear a war will soon take place.” Ryeowook replied, sipping the bitter soda. Even in living times, he had hated the carbonated drink.

“I feel as if I am back in prohibition times.” the vampire sighed. Leeteuk chuckled as he reached for the drink.

“Shall I bring the usual then?” the bartender asked making Ryeowook shake his head.

“I have a meeting later, it’s best I don’t smell of booze.” the vampire replied as he stood up and smoothed out the lapels on his jacket.

“Make sure she gets home, have someone follow her.” Ryeowook ordered, knowing he didn’t have to clarify who he spoke of.

“Protective?” Leeteuk asked.

“No, if Yesung attacked her once, he may try to do it again.” and with that, Ryeowook turned to leave, his eyes flicking to a new face as he passed the door. A creaturae. A war was indeed coming...


 

Kyuhyun shivered as a vampire in old fashion, passed by him. The busy sound of the bar made him uneasy. He always hated crowds, even when he was living. He wished Sungmin was with him, but Yesung had given him this task.

“Hi, what can I get you?” a young woman asked, her raven hair tied in a ponytail as she led him to a vacant seat. Kyuhyun gave the order for a soda and sat down, removing a pen and paper from the bag he carried, and began taking notes. He was tasked with learning the ways of this city, discovering the vampire community here. So far, Angel Bar was a hot spot he had gathered. He could smell the vampires and fading human’s scent. The girl returned with his drink before walking off again. She was human, and a familiar scent to him. He had smelled her on Sungmin earlier. Was she the one he was supposed to follow?

Kyuhyun shook his head, he didn’t dare get involved. His Sungmin had already been hurt once, he didn’t want to be the cause for another attack. The top of his pen tapped against the table, a constant tempo matching the beat of his heart if it still made a noise. Vampires, monsters humans decided were too horrible to be real. If only they had remained a myth, a story. If only they had never crossed Yesung’s path.

Looking around, he decided to listen in to the population. Gathering information for Yesung would be easy. The news would help, and the general gossiping of large crowds would finish the job. If all went well, it wouldn’t take long at all.

“Wow a real Creaturae, I never seen one so fresh.” a voice beamed as a young male took a seat at Kyuhyun’s table.

“A what?” Kyuhyun asked, blinking at the kid before him.

“A new creation. Usually the government is strict about who can become a vampire. A new one hasn’t been created in years around here. Well, until now. But, usually there is a big ceremony when a new creaturae is made.” the boy explained.

“I’m Taemin by the way. So tell me, are you from here? What do you do? Who is your daylighter? Are you a government secret?” Taemin questioned, his words fast and hard to understand. Kyuhyun didn’t know how to respond. Was he a secret? Yesung tended to keep a low profile, and had purposely kept he and Sungmin from the world of shadows before.

“So, what are you working on?” Taemin asked pulling the notebook filled with Kyuhyun’s notes, before him. Kyuhyun let the younger read over his words, curious about the vampire. Could he use him? Would Yesung be angry?

“You don’t know anything about vampires, do you?” Taemin suddenly asked making Kyuhyun nod his head. His notebook was given back and a chuckle left the youngers lips.

“Then, let’s be friends Creaturae, I’ll show you exactly what being a vampire means.” Taemin beamed. “I’ll show you everything and teach you exactly how to be a creature of shadows.” he leaned forward, his lips as he examine Kyuhyun.

“Well?” he whispered, his words like a spell to Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun,” Taemin blinked at the sudden whisper.

“Excuse me?” Taemin asked.

Kyuhyun took the others offered hand and smiled as he repeated his name. “My name is Kyuhyun,”


 

Sungmin’s eyes opened as he tried to catch his breath. Sitting up, he glanced around the dark room noticing he was alone. Kyuhyun must have been roaming, and no doubt Yesung was somewhere in the house sensing his sudden alertness.

Did he get out of bed? Did he wander from the safety of his and Kyuhyun’s room? What had even woken him? He couldn’t remember dreaming. Looking down at his hands, he allowed himself to believe it was just his animea acting up again. With a yawn, Sungmin laid back down and allowed himself to close his eyes. Sleep, if he returned to that, then maybe this strange sensation would disappear.....