A secret world

Sanguine Luxuriae: Blood Lust

~Chapter One~

He watched as the man he loved turned to a monster. The police force had made him see everything, but this, he was not prepared for. Would he ever be prepared for this?

“Captain, we have to go, now.” D.O begged, trying to pull his leader away. Ryeowook shook his head, he couldn’t leave, not when the person before him was like this.

“Get everyone out,” Ryeowook ordered as he made his way forward. D.O didn’t respond making Ryeowook believe he had listened for once.

“Yesung,” Ryeowook called, the harsh bright red eyes that glared back doing little to pause the smaller male.

“Yesung, please, this isn’t you.” Ryeowook whispered, reaching out a tentative hand to his lover. Yesung hunched over the dead body below him, the cause of the death a bloodied mess against the far wall.

“He killed her,” Yesung growled, the feral noise a startling change from his usual calm voice. Ryeowook slowly kneeled down, reaching out slowly to the girl both he and Yesung loved.

“I know, but, it’s over now.” Ryeowook whispered, trying to gain the others attention to calm down. Yesung was silent, his eyes still that vivid red, his taunt body shaking in anger as blood dripped from his teeth and clawed hands. Their eyes met before Yesung finally stood up.

“Humans will pay for this.” he vowed before disappearing before Ryeowook could say anything else. Looking down, the police captain closed his eyes tight and fell to his knees bringing the girl to his chest.

“I’m sorry baby, daddys sorry he couldn’t protect you. His little creature.” Ryeowook whispered as tears fell from his eyes....

******

A cursed life, that was what he had been given. Over a hundred years ago, and the gift of life had become the curse he dreaded.

“Drinking again?” the bartender asked, his eyes looking at Ryeowook in worry.

“Best take a good thing while you have it.” Ryeowook replied before tapping the hardwood to get another drink. The young waitress who brought it, was a girl who resembled that of the one taken from him. He didn’t blame her, in fact, he had gathered a point of sympathy for her.

“Leeteuk is right though, keep this up, and you will ruin your liver.” she stated, her words kind, but her eyes worried. Ryeowook flashed her a gentle smile before taking the offered drink.

“I will take my chances, but thank you for the worry.” he answered her. She shook her head with a gentle smile on her own face before Leeteuk called her.

“Amber means well, she really does, but you can’t drink any more.” Leeteuk announced. Ryeowook nodded his head, Leeteuk always stopped his drinks before he would get sick if he was a human. As the bartender returned to his work, Ryeowook focused on Amber. The waitress was moving about the tables drawing the wandering eyes of the drunk people she served. It did worry Ryeowook enough to where he followed after her when she left. Not that she knew that.

As the bar drew closer to closing hour, the crowds began to dwindle, and Ryeowook watched her and Leeteuk move about to clean the area. He stood up and made his own way to the exit.

“Leaving already?” Amber’s voice drifted over making Ryeowook pause. Her wide brown eyes watched him with the curiosity of a cat.

“It’s closing time, be careful on your way home.” he replied, a gentle air about his words, yet still holding the command he wanted.

 

“He is a strange one, isn’t he.” Leeteuk smiled as he wiped off the bar. Amber hummed in agreement before clearing off her own tables.

“But, he is nice.” she replied before moving to the kitchen to finish the dishes. Leeteuk nodded, flipping the close sign and turning to the women he thought of as a daughter.

“Go home, and be safe.” Leeteuk ordered. Amber glared over, knowing what the other wanted to do.

“Like you tell the patrons, don’t over drink.” she scolded. Leeteuk frowned before nodding his head and escorting the girl out of the building.

“I won’t I won’t.” he smiled as Amber nodded her head, gathering her things, she left for her own apartment. Her eyes were drifting close by the time she arrived at the bus stop. Three stops, that’s all she had to endure before she could take a hot bath and relax. Taking a seat near the back, she held her bag in her lap and released a heavy sigh. It had been long day, between the drunk men and the angry wives, she was ready to get home.

“This seat taken?” a voice asked making Amber look over. The male was pale with stark white hair that framed his face and bangs that covered his dark black eyes. Shaking her head, Amber returned to look out the window.

“I’m Yesung by the way, and you?” the man was closer now, his hand almost ghosting against against her thigh. She forced a smile before moving farther away.

“That’s nice, I’m Amber.” maybe he wouldn’t search for her later. Yesung smiled, reaching a hand over to grab her own. The touch was freezing, like holding an ice cube. Glancing over, she took in his looks. The tailor made jacket and black straight legged pants made him blend in with the hipsters that hung around the area.

“This is my stop.” she announced even though they were still two stops away from her destination. Quickly grabbing her things, she got off the bus and speed walked down the road. She kept her cool, she couldn’t let this guy know she was afraid. It all had to be natural. She turned a corner, cursing to herself at how empty it was. She could hear the footsteps of her pursuer, and as her heartbeat sped up, so did her own feet. Almost to the end, Amber reached for the wall that would lead to a more crowded area, when the pursuer grabbed her....


 

Lee Sungmin smiled as his lover Cho Kyuhyun drank.

“Is it that good?” Sungmin asked, smiling to his lover. Kyuhyun nodded, finishing happily. Sungmin closed his eyes, enjoying the smell of his lover, the feel of him in the room.

“Is Yesung going to be out all night again?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked. Sungmin shrugged as he stood up. Yesung had saved the two of them, they owed him their lives. Carefully, Sungmin caressed the side of his lovers face.

“He said he would protect us, so we trust him.” Sungmin said before lightly kissing Kyuhyun’s warm lips. Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun walked away. The younger had a slight limp in his left leg. A result of an accident three years ago, and one of the reasons Sungmin and Kyuhyun lived with Yesung now.

It had been snowing, Kyuhyun and Sungmin had been out shopping when they were mugged and held at knife point. Kyuhyun had been hurt and bleeding in the snow. Sungmin screamed and begged for help, trying to keep Kyuhyun warm and tend to the wound. That, was when Yesung had appeared. Yesung had saved Kyuhyun, but at a price.

Vampires, myths, nightmares Sungmin had never believed in before. Now, the man he loved was one.

“Sungmin?” Yesung’s voice made him jump as he turned to eye the man before him.

“Sorry, I, I didn’t hear you come in.” Sungmin bowed, rushing to pour the man a glass of warm blood. As Yesung sat where Kyuhyun had just been, Sungmin placed down the drink.

“I found another vampire in town.” Yesung announced making Sungmin raise a brow.

“Isn’t that good? You had been worried the race was dying out.” Sungmin said as he began to clean the area. Yesung smiled as he sipped his drink. His eyes turning red as he watched Sungmin move about the room. His home was victorian, a historical marvel. But, the beauty of his home did little to outshine the beauty of the human before him now.

“Kyuhyun is in his room.” Yesung announced, able to smell his creation. Sungmin nodded as he did the dishes. The scrapping of the chair was the only warning Sungmin had before Yesung’s arms were around his middle.

“You smell delicious as always.” Yesung smiled, his breath warm against Sungmin’s ear.

“Thank you master.” Sungmin replied, jumping slightly at the feel of Yesung’s tongue against his jugular.

“Did Kyuhyun drink?” Yesung asked.

“Yes master, but not from me.” Sungmin whispered, his eyes focused on the soap filled sink. He hated this part. Always a meal for Yesung, forced to be his sanguine luxuriae, or bloodlust,  in return for Kyuhyun’s life. Another soft of the vampires tongue made Sungmin shiver, before the familiar pinch of the bite took hold. Yesung supported Sungmin’s weight in his arms as the human felt his knees go weak. The feeling of his blood being pulled and the heavy desire of lust made the human out of breath. This horrid fate, was not something he wished on his beloved Kyuhyun....