A Similar Taste [Sakura X Wonwoo]

Under the Same Roof -AU Version- [SEVENTEEN X IZ*ONE]

She wasn't sure when was the last time she was caught deep into a novel to even notice her surroundings. Usually, if that was a case, that would probably mean she had found a very good book to read.

Flipping the next page of the thick book, Sakura's eyes read through each line with intense focus. She had only read through the first chapter but the story plot had her hooked. She was so into the story that she failed to notice a figure walking from behind her.

"Sakura..." the figure behind her called out and tapped her shoulders. It was only then, Sakura's focus was interrupted and she turned around. Standing behind her was an all familiar young man she befriends with.

"Oh, Wonu. What's wrong?" she asked. The young man, Wonwoo shook his head and crossed his arms.

"If you haven't realized, it's getting late and my shift's going to end in about 3 more minutes. I'm just wondering if you've packed your things up?" he said, tilting his head over to her stuff laying on the reading desk.

Sakura averted her gaze from him to her desk, only to realize she still hasn't put her things away. Letting out a nervous laugh, she apologized and quickly packed up. Wonwoo just shook his head again and let out a chuckle.

"Never seen you so focused on reading a book before. It's quite a sight if I had to be honest," he commented as he watched her pack her stuff up.

"Were you watching me the whole time?" she asked, raising one eyebrow at him with a skeptical look on her face.

"After seeing you sticking your nose deep into a book? Yeah, for a rare sight as that, you can't blame me for watching," he gave her a small smirk and walked over to a bookshelf a few steps behind her seat.

"Besides, I was sorting the books at this shelf here earlier. So, it's not hard to NOT notice you," he answered and Sakura immediately felt embarrassed but expertly covered it up as she put on her bag and walked towards the young man.

"Well, if that's the case, you can't blame me too since I just found a GOOD book to read tonight," she said and showed the book she was reading before at the young man. Wonwoo looked over and he took the book off from her.

"Escape from the Illusion Cage..." he mumbled out the title of the book. Sakura nodded her head. Wonwoo hummed in amusement as he flipped over to the back of the book and scanned the summary written at the back.

"Pretty sure I've read this one during my spare time here but I stopped because it wasn't my type of genre," he said.

"Really? I think it's a good book. The way the story builds up from the prologue already got my attention. The fact that it didn't drag the story too long helps as well," she commented as she eyed the book in the young man's hand. Wonwoo let out an amused chuckle before looking at the book.

"I'll be honest, even if it wasn't my type of genre, I will say that the way the author writes the story is commendable," Wonwoo said and that immediately brought a smile on Sakura's face.

"I know right? The way he used the words and how he describes the situation and the characters were so good. And I love the way he builds up the tension of the story. I just can't stop reading it and wanting to know what was going to happen next," she squealed like a little girl in excitement which Wonwoo unconsciously laughed at the sight.

"Alright, alright. I get it. You liked the story and would probably want to continue reading it back as soon as we get back home, right?" he asked.

"Yes!" she answered, her eyes glinting in excitement as she stared at the young man.

"Alright then, allow me to take care of the borrowing process. Come on," he walked towards the circulation section where he works at. Sakura cheered happily in the inside as she followed the young man from behind.

Part of her was glad that she has a friend like Wonwoo who works as a librarian in a public library. It helps her a lot in case she was searching for books either for personal indulges or for study purposes. Not to mention he helps her around a lot, be it finding reference books, gaining access to the archive section and even the borrowing process like the one he's doing at the moment.

While Wonwoo was busy typing away at his computer, Sakura took a moment to look around the library. There weren't many people left inside and some of the librarians had checked-out and left through the entrance.

"Alright, it's done," Wonwoo's voice snapped the young woman out of her thoughts as she looked back at her front. He handed the book to her and Sakura gladly took it and opened it up once more – searching for the page that she last read earlier.

"As usual, remember the rules. Don't lose the book, don't mishandle it, don't sell it, don't give it away to someone else and most importantly, don't-"

"-miss the due date," Sakura finished his words and placed her handmade bookmark between the pages of the book. Looking up from the book, she gave him a light, skeptical look with a smile. "I know that pretty much, Wonu."

"Good to know," he said before getting up from his seat and went ahead to check-out his shift. Sakura took that chance to flip over to the borrowing date section at the very last page of the book. Looking at the most recent date, Sakura had expected that the due date is one week away from today. If she wants to finish the book quickly, she'd better start reading it tonight.

"Come on, what are you standing there for? Let's go," he said as he walked past her and towards the entrance. Surprised by Wonwoo's voice, Sakura quickly followed the young man from behind.

Both of them reached the parking lot and walked towards Wonwoo's car. After putting their bags and other stuff at the back seat, they entered the car – with Wonwoo at the driver's seat and Sakura at the passenger's seat. While the young man the engine, Sakura opened the book to resume reading the last part where she hasn' t read yet.

"Reading already?" Wonwoo asked, the tone of his voice was obviously an amused one as he drove the car down the road. Sakura just gave him a hum of approval, her eyes still glued to the book. Wonwoo shook his head amusement before focusing his view on the road. Silence filled in between them. Sakura didn't mind since she was so focused on reading the story at the moment. Plus, Wonwoo's driving at the moment. She doesn't want to take away his focus on the road.

But nevertheless, it was Wonwoo himself who broke the silence between them.

"So, I'm guessing tonight's not a good time for a bit of Apex Legend?" Wonwoo asked and THAT got Sakura's interest almost immediately. She glanced over at Wonwoo who had a small smirk on his face. Knowing that he purposely brought that topic up, Sakura feigned a thoughtful look.

"I think I can spare a few rounds tonight," she answered almost confidently which made Wonwoo laughed in response as he nodded his head.

"Okay, cool. Just make sure you don't end up playing straight for 5 hours like before."

"I know how to control myself, Wonu." She defended herself and the young man gave her a skeptical hum.

"Last time you said that, you ended up playing the game non-stop until you accumulate 10 kills, which I recalled took almost 7 hours," he retorted. Sakura wasn't sure of how to respond to his statement, leaving her gaping with opened and closed while she thought of a reply. Unable to retort back, she let out a sigh.

"It was 8 hours to be precise..." she said in an almost quiet voice but it was loud enough for Wonwoo to hear which made him gave her the 'I-told-you' look. Sakura, however, still defended herself as she cast her gaze at him.

"BUT, I will control myself with the game tonight. Because I have a book to finish reading before one week passed by just like that," she said with a confident smile before resuming with her reading – ending their conversation just like that. Wonwoo however, shook his head in amusement.

 "Something tells me that that's NOT going to happen..."