Just for a While [Yena X Hoshi]

Under the Same Roof -AU Version- [SEVENTEEN X IZ*ONE]

"Hey Hoshi, I'd appreciate it if you stop pouting like that. People are looking, you know?" Yena looked at the young man sitting beside her. His shoulders slumped, arms crossed, lips pouting and eyes narrowed. Right now, both of them were at the train station. The same station she used to go to work and also the one she used to go back to her parent's home. This time, however, she was taking a train to go back to the latter option – as she always does every weekend.

"Let them then," he replied, his lips still pouting. The young woman let out a tired sigh. Somehow, she knew why he was acting that way. It doesn't even come off as a surprise anymore whenever it was time for her to go back home.

"Oh, come on. It's not like we haven't gone through this before. It's only just for a while~" she tried to console the sulking young man but the latter still persist. She could hear some people talking about them, specifically towards Hoshi.

"Come on Hoshi, people are talking about you. Stop pouting!" she said in a hushed voice.

"Nope~" he answered almost nonchalantly and continues pouting his lips. Letting out a defeated sigh, she decided to stop pushing the young man any further as it will only tire her out.

However, the murmurs coming from a few of the people and a group of girls passing through annoyed her. She didn't like how they just talked about Hoshi on how childish he looked despite his age. Even if she was embarrassed by his actions, she didn't like how strangers talked about her friend.

In the end, she decided to join the young man. She crossed her arms, slumped on her seat and pout her lips. Her actions certainly caught the attention of many people at the station, even Hoshi himself.

"Uh, Yena? What are you doing?" he asked, the pout on his lips immediately disappeared as he focused his gaze fully on the young woman beside him. Yena however, ignored his questions and remained her posture to the point some people were looking at her quizzically. Hoshi had an uncomfortable look on his face as he sat properly on the bench and stare hard at the young woman in question.

"Yena, will you seat properly? People are looking at you weirdly..." he said. She glanced at him, the pout still remained on her lips.

"Let them then~" she said, obviously following the way Hoshi had answered her question earlier. With a bewildered look on his face, he looked around them once again before focusing his gaze on her.

"Yena, you're a girl for god sake. And that's not how a girl should be sitting. Sit properly!" this time, Hoshi was the one saying in a hushed voice. Yena glanced over once more with a sly look.

"NOPE~" she answered, just as he did. The young man let out an exasperated sigh before he fully faced the young woman.

"Look Yena, I get it. I'm not doing it anymore and I won't do it again. And so should you. So please stop pouting and sit properly..." he pleaded which instantly brighten Yena's mood.

"Good! That's what I wanted to hear~!" she cheered as she got up from her slumped position and sat properly. Hoshi runs his fingers through his hair before letting out a sigh.

"You had that planned from the very beginning, weren't you? You sneaky little girl..."

"I learned from the best," she flaunted as she batted her eyes.

"Who? Me?"

"Seungkwan," she quickly corrects him.

"Why am I not surprised?" Hoshi crossed his arms and placed it behind his head.

"Of course, the sass comes from him. The slyness, however, comes from..." she left her words hanging as she looked at him in anticipation. Hoshi knew the look all too well that he unconsciously smirked.

"Me?" he asked.

"Ding-ding-ding~! Correct~!" Yena cheered. Although it made some of the nearby people looked at them, she didn't care. Hoshi laughed lightly at her antics and just shook his head.

"Guess I taught you well," he said as he ruffled her hair.

"Ahh! Not the hair!!" she pushed his hands away but the mess had been done. Her ponytail had become a mess and Yena threw a glare at him. Hoshi just shrugged his shoulders as a sly smile made its' way to his face.

"You jerk..." The young woman pulled off her hair tie and combed her hair with her fingers before tying it back.

"You know me so well~" he said with a cheeky grin. As much as Yena tried to keep her glare on him, she ended up laughing in the end. Their moment was quickly interrupted by an announcement of the train's arrival in a few minutes. The event shrunk Hoshi's previous grin to a small smile.

"Come on, better get ready to fight your way through the crowd if you don't want to miss the train," the young man said as he got up from his seat. His behaviour didn't go unnoticed by the young woman of course. Regardless, she followed him, dragging her luggage and sling bag with her.

The duo stood behind the line as they waited for the train which will arrive in less than a minute. There were people waiting beside them as well, ready to board the train when it arrives. Yena however, placed her focus on the young man beside her instead.

"Don't worry too much, Hoshi. I'm gone JUST for a while." Yena tried to console the young man beside her and he just let out a soft laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. I know that," he said but Yena was not satisfied with the response. The last thing she wanted was to make him go back home feeling worried about her.

"How about this!? When I get back, the first thing I'll do is to find you and basked you with my presence! How about that~?" she suggested with a big smile. Hoshi looked at her with a perplexed expression.

"Whoa there, there's no need for you to go that far..." he said. At the same time, the train had arrived and once it had stopped its' tracks, the door opened up, allowing the passengers to leave and to board the train.

"I insist!" she exclaimed through the buzzing crowd and quickly made her way into the train, leaving Hoshi behind, still with a perplexed expression on his face. She stood right in front of the entrance door, smiling at him.

"You'd better anticipate it, okay!?" she said with a sly grin.

"Yahh! And I told you there's no need for that!" he retorted but unfortunately, the door began to close and both of them missed the chance to say anything back to one another.

Although it was unfortunate, Yena gave him a smile of reassurance and waved at him. Eventually, he did the same with his previous expression replaced with a smile. Once the train had started moving, she saw his figure slowly becoming smaller and eventually, disappeared from her sight.

Letting out a sigh, she went to an empty seat and sat down. Although she did say she'd be gone for a while, deep down she does feel a little sad and lonely without him, along with Seungkwan and Seokmin.

"It's just for a while..." she mumbled as she nodded her head in agreement. The thought itself doesn't sound too bad. 2 days after that and she's back. And all that's left was to keep her word of finding him first thing once she's back.

Somehow, the thought of her suggestion earlier made a cheeky grin crept its' way up to her face.

Extra
The rapid doorbell woke Hoshi up from his sleep as he groggily got up from his bed and made his way to the door, mumbling incoherent words along the way. Without even peeking through the peephole, Hoshi opened the door to his apartment and low and behold, stood a familiar figure in front of his apartment room.

"I'M BACK~! Missed me~?" Yena beamed. If her smile could let out bright light, Hoshi guaranteed himself that he would be blind by now.

"Do you have any idea what time is it now?" he asked.

"1 AM?" she answered, the smile never left her face. Silence engulfed the two before Hoshi ran his hand across his face.

"You know, I get a feeling your denseness comes from Seokmin. Just to put it out there..." he commented. The young woman, however, didn't look fazed nor offended. Instead, she asked him in return.

"Is that a compliment though?" And all she got was a long sigh from him.