Leader of the Floor [Hyewon X Jun]

Under the Same Roof -AU Version- [SEVENTEEN X IZ*ONE]

Hyewon knew the moment she saw Jun hanging around the lounge area at the ground floor, it would mean facing a situation she could never avoid.

"Hyewon-ah~" Jun called out and waved at her when he saw her walking in.

"No," she bluntly spoke up, walked passed and head straight to the elevator, ignoring the young man at the same time.

"What-? I haven't even said anything yet," Jun got up from his seat and walked behind the young woman.

"Even if you haven't said anything, I pretty much KNOW what you're going to ask anyway."

"Is that so? Well then, that makes it much more easier for me~" Jun said happily which Hyewon noted has a slightly teasing tone in it. The elevator opened its' door and both of them walked in. Hyewon pressed the 2nd-floor button and the door slowly closed before moving up.

"So?" Jun spoke up, making the young woman glanced over her shoulder – peering at the young man leaning at the back of the elevator as he stared at her.

"What?" she asked.

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about. You said it yourself too."

"Oh, I did huh?"

She's not that ignorant. She knew fully well that Jun was going to ask the same topic, over and over again. And that is the position of a floor leader. Originally, she was the leader for that floor but that was back when she was the only resident living on that floor. Back then, she didn't have the obligatory to go around and ask other residents what they need or request. But when Jun, Minghao, and Chaeyeon moved in, it was then her work as a leader finally gets to be in action.

But in all honesty, she didn't like being one. So, she shoved the responsibility to Jun, much to his surprise back then. Plus, Seungchol didn't say anything otherwise, which the young woman silently celebrated. She rather just sit inside her room, minding her own business than going out and doing something she's not interested in. Of course, Jun wasn't going to let it slide that easily. Which is why getting away from Jun was her number one priority.

As if on cue, the elevator finally reached their floor and Hyewon wasted no time getting out of there and walked towards her apartment room. Jun trailed her from behind, catching up to her instantly.

"Hyewon-ah, don't ignore me~"

"I'm not ignoring you. I just want to go home quickly, that's all."

"That's basically trying to ignore me..." Jun pouted.

"Right..." Hyewon dug around her handbag to fish out her room's key. However, the usual spot where she placed her key was empty. It was then she began a throughout search around her handbag, which piques Jun's curiosity.

"Uh, what are you doing?" he asked but Hyewon was too focused on searching the key at every nook and cranny of her handbag to even care what Jun was saying at the moment. It was only when she finally finished searching, she looked up and faced him.

"I can't find it..."

"What?"

"My key...I can't find it..." Hyewon had a worried look written across her face. Jun's previous playful demeanour immediately changed.

"Did you...dropped it somewhere?" he asked.

"No, I never took out the key even ONCE throughout the time I was outside. And I never put the key at my pockets," She went and checked every pocket of her pants and just as she expected, the key was nowhere to be found. Hyewon let out an exasperated sigh.

"Great..." she mumbled under her breath. And here she thought, she could finally get away from Jun but seems like Lady Luck wasn't on her side today. Plus, she lost her key – which she could have swore she took it with her. But, did she?

"Hey, Hyewon-ah..." Jun suddenly spoke up, interrupting Hyewon's train of thoughts. She looked over to the young man, which she noted, had a smirk on his face.

"What?" she asked in an annoyed tone. Without saying anything, Jun took out a set of keys and dangles it in front of her. It was then a realization hit her because she knew those keys. Her surprised look only made Jun's smirk grew wider.

"In case you've forgotten, I'm the floor leader. And as a floor leader, I have the right to keep duplicate keys," he said and he was right. Every leader floor was given a set of duplicate keys for all rooms of their specific floor in case there is an emergency - like the one Hyewon's facing currently.

Hyewon begrudgingly stepped aside to let the young man unlocked her door with a spare key to her room.

"Man, being a floor leader sure has its' perks. I mean, I can just visit Chaeyeon and Minghao whenever I want. It's so FUN when I caught them off guard with a sudden visit~ Of course, Chaeyeon wasn't too happy the last time I visited her unannounced." Jun playfully commented as he unlocked Hyewon's room.

"Gee, I wonder why..." Hyewon remarked, quirking one eyebrow at the young man.

"And voila, it's open!" Jun swung the door open, allowing the young woman beside him to enter her room.

With heavy steps, she entered her room and looked around. She might have accidentally left it at home without notice. But much to her dismay, it was nowhere to be found. Throughout the search, Jun remained by the entrance, leaning against the door frame as he looked at the young woman pacing around her room as she searched for the keys.

"No luck?" Jun asked. Hyewon let out another sigh as she sat down on her living chair.

"Nope.." she said.

"Well, it can't be helped then. I'll just go ahead and informed Seungchol about this. Might as well ask him to make a new key for you too." he shrugged his shoulders. Hyewon was about to say her thanks before Jun cut her off.

"BUT~" Jun had the same playful smirk appeared on his face once more.

"Since it might take a while to make a new key, you might have to rely on me for the time being. Especially when you don't have one to enter your room," he explained. Even from the tone of his voice, Hyewon knew something was off – and she didn't like where it was going.

"Since I have a spare key to it, I can just come over and opened it up for you, you know?" Jun said, his eyes gleaming with a hint of playfulness.

"And who knows? Maybe I'll end up staying here to greet you back home! Aren't you glad to have a nice leader like me~?"

Hyewon continues to stare at the young man in front of her with a disbelieve look while Jun had an innocent expression accompanied by a suspicious aura all over him – and it bugs her out.

"Now I'm seriously reconsider taking back my position as a floor leader."