Stalker [Yujin X Vernon]

Under the Same Roof -AU Version- [SEVENTEEN X IZ*ONE]

"Wait, it's been 2 weeks already?" Yujin looked at a Wonyoung in front of her with a surprised look on her face. They were having their lunch at the rooftop when Wonyoung suddenly started up a conversation that piqued Yujin's interest.

The young girl let out a sigh before she looked at Yujin with a small frown.

"Yep, and Sofia doesn't feel good about it," she said before sipping her juice box. "The weird thing is, that stalker never really made a move. Just staring at her before they went hiding again. What a freak."

Yujin was surprised to hear about the news but kept a straight face afterward. She heard of it before because one of her club members had scooped out the story from the said victim herself. Apparently, after school, Sofia would often walk back home alone but ever since she started doing so, this mysterious stalker started appearing and wouldn't stop watching her from afar.

It creeped her out but once she got on a bus, the stalker was nowhere to be seen anymore. And thankfully, she always arrived home safely. But that doesn't mean the stalking stopped. She would always face the same situation whenever she was on her way back home but other than that, nothing else happened.

"So, about that stalker..." Yujin started the topic and Wonyoung immediately let out a sigh, not wanting to talk about it. She never liked those kinds of topic but Yujin just had to confirm something.

"Did Sofia found anything particular about that stalker?" she asked and Wonyoung thought about it for a while before speaking up.

"Well, for one thing, Sofia mentioned how the stalker always watches her from a very long distance. Even if that stalker were to do something to her, they were too far away from her to catch up and do something," the young girl explained as she recalled back her conversation with the said girl. 

Yujin hummed in amusement. Somehow, she had an inkling feeling that there was something fishy with that stalker. But because she never saw that stalker herself, she might as well push the idea aside before making up her own assumptions.

And just like that, recess was over before they could even talk more of the subject.

And just like that, recess was over before they could even talk more of the subject

The school bell rang, signaling the end of the school period. Yujin packed her stuff and made her way out to the school gate where Wonyoung would wait for her. She could see Wonyoung standing near the school gate, waving her hand at her. When she walked towards the younger girl, she didn't expect to see a familiar face that has been the talk of the school right now.

"Oh, hi Sofia!" Yujin greeted and the mixed-looking young girl looked at her with a bright, red face.

"H-Hi Yujin-unnie..." Sofia shyly greeted the tall girl.

"Are you on your way back home?" Yujin asked and Sofia nodded her head and said nothing else. So, Wonyoung spoke up on her behalf.

"She asked me earlier if we could keep her company at the bus stop. At least until the bus finally arrived, that is," Wonyoung said and Sofia shyly nodded her head again, too embarrassed to look at the older girl.

"Sure, no problem~"

And the three of them walked out of the school ground, saying goodbye to the other students nearby as they head towards the bus stop situated several feet away from the school. The three of them began to converse with each other, although it was mostly between Yujin and Wonyoung. Sofia would always stutter whenever she spoke to Yujin and Wonyoung would always poke fun about it.

"Well, we're here."

The three of them sat down, waiting for the next bus to come by and picked Sofia up. As they waited, Yujin noticed how anxious Sofia was as she looked around her surroundings. Probably trying to see if her stalker was nearby.

Pitying the young girl, Yujin decided to help keep Sofia's mind off about the stalker.

"So, do you always wait for the bus here, every day?" Yujin asked, looking at Sofia curiously.

"Y-Yeah..." she said before averting her gaze down on the ground. "I mean, ever since my parents have gotten busy with work, I had no choice but to commute by bus ever since."

"Oh, I see." Yujin nodded her head.

"Do you live nearby, by any chance?" she asked and this time, Sofia looked up and faced the tall girl properly.

"Not really, but it's not actually that far either-" she suddenly cut off her sentence as her body tensed when she stared down her way.

Sensing the uneasiness coming off from the young girl, Yujin looked at her worriedly before she realized Sofia was staring something behind her. Turning around, she tried to see what caught Sofia's attention.

Low and behold, she saw the infamous stalker.

"Wait a minute, is that..."

"Isn't that the stalker!?" Wonyoung exclaimed, cutting off Yujin's sentence when she also saw the stalker hiding behind a tree not far away from the bus station.

The stalker wore a black skull-printed hoodie, black knee-ripped jeans, and a black mask. They would occasionally peek their head out from time to time. Overall, the appearance alone was suspicious enough.

"Yeah, no doubt about it... That's the one," Sofia said, eyeing the stalker for any sudden approaches.

"What a creep! And you're facing this kind of situation, EVERY DAY?" Wonyoung looked at Sofia with wide eyes while the latter nodded her head weakly.

"But so far, that stalker never tried anything..." Sofia said with a low tone. "Yet..."

"Should we confront that guy?" Wonyoung asked, her eyes glinting dangerously as she stared at the stalker with killing vibes.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea, Wonyoungie..." Sofia tried to calm the young girl down, especially when her aura was obviously overwhelming.

"Nah, don't mind that guy."

Wonyoung and Sofia averted their gazes to Yujin, who had been keeping silent few minutes ago.

"I don't think that guy is going to do anything," Yujin said and looked at them with a reassuring smile.

"How can you be so sure?" Wonyoung asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Call it a hunch," Yujin said with a playful wink.

And like Yujin said, the stalker was pretty much passive throughout the time the girls were sitting at the bus stop, and even when the bus had arrived too. Not long after Sofia had safely boarded the bus, Yujin and Wonyoung finally walked back home.

Throughout the walk, Wonyoung wouldn't stop bothering the older girl about why she was so sure that the stalker doesn't have bad intentions or whatsoever but Yujin would only smile and told the younger girl to not overthink it - which Wonyoung begrudgingly cast aside her curiosity. 

By the time they reached their rooms, which was on the 8th and topmost floor, Wonyoung said her goodbye and entered her room.

However, Yujin didn't. When Wonyoung had closed the door, Yujin silently went to the small lounge area of their 8th floor and sat down on one of the sofas, waiting for someone.

Somehow by luck timing, the one that she was waiting finally appeared from the elevator. Once the door opened, a young man walked out. To be more specific, it was Vernon himself - one of the tenants living in Serenity Rose Apartment like her and Wonyoung. 

And guess what? He almost had the exact same attire as the stalker earlier she and her friends saw. ALMOST. 

He was wearing a white shirt while carrying a black hoodie in one of his arms but even Yujin could tell that the hoodie was the same as the one she saw the stalker earlier wore.

"Hey Vernon-sshi, did you had fun watching your sister?" she asked and Vernon immediately froze on his spot.

He slowly turned around and faced her. Silence enveloped both of them as they stared at one another.

"Uh...I have no idea what you're talking about..." he said cautiously and tried to head back to his room but Yujin knew he was playing dumb.

"You can drop the act already, Mr. Stalker," Yujin said, once again making the young man froze at his spot as he stared at her. She walked towards him with a confident stride before stopping right in front of him.

"You can deny all you want but I have proof," she said confidently. Vernon raised one eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"What are you even talking about?"

Yujin rolled her eyes at his act but nevertheless, took out her smartphone from her bag.

"Maybe this will clear it up," she opened up her camera gallery and showed something to Vernon. Once he took a look, his expression changed. Not to mention his whole body also tensed and that made Yujin cheered internally.

It was the picture of the said stalker from earlier, peeking out behind a tree.

"Doesn't this look VERY familiar to you? I'm 100% certain that this guy is you. Plus, you wore the same attire as this guy in this pic~" Yujin said with a lighthearted tone.

Vernon grumbled begrudgingly at the photo before glaring at Yujin in annoyance - knowing that it was futile trying to hide it anymore.

"How did you even get that picture in the first place?" he asked with a slightly annoyed tone. Yujin just shook her head before looking at him with a small proudful smile.

"Vernon, maybe you forgot. But I'm part of the Journalist Club. And as a member of the Journalist Club, I'm always prepared to capture thousands of photos at any given time," she explained as she motioned her hands in a rectangle shape and focused her eyes onto Vernon's face.

"And who would have thought? That the famous stalker haunting one of my juniors turns out to be my own next-door neighbour~" she smiled widely while Vernon stared at her with a slightly horrified look. Somehow, seeing him all fidgety and anxious made her satisfied.

The young man eventually gave up as he let out a heavy sigh before he looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Fine, fine. Yes, it was me. But please, don't tell my sister about that..." he said as he averted his gaze elsewhere. "I'm just worried about her going home all by herself."

Yujin's smile dropped slightly before she shook her head. She knew the young man was just worried about his little sister's safety, but to the point that he would look out for her that way, she had to admit, it was too much. Not to mention that he was too paranoid.

"I know you're worried about her but that doesn't mean you could do something like that. You scared her."

"Wait, really?" he asked, eyes widen in shock. Somehow, his reaction was not something that she expected. And to be honest, she was kind of disappointed with it.

"Duh? What, you expect her to have a different reaction or something?" she said as she crossed her arms and quirking one eyebrow at him. 

Vernon hummed in contemplation, scratching the back of his neck before speaking up.

"Well, kind of? I thought she might think of it as she had a secret admirer or something like that. At the very least, she won't feel like she was all alone at the bus station."

Yujin stared at the young man in front of her with a blank, disbelief stare. Somehow, she assumed that Vernon might have gotten involved and done something ridiculous about this stalking case. And she was right. Vernon's presumption alone was enough to persuade her from exposing his identity as Sofia's stalker around the school. 

With a heavy and tired sigh, Yujin lightly patted on Vernon's right shoulder.

"Vernon-sshi. You can be very stupid sometimes, you know that?"

You can be very stupid sometimes, you know that?

End of Yujin X Vernon chapter!

And in case you're wondering how casual Yujin spoke towards Vernon in this chapter, it's because she had faced the same kind of stupidity Vernon made towards Sofia in the past. So yeah, in a sense, they're comfortable with talking with each other although it might sound like she was too direct. Hohoho~ 

Savage and confident Yujiin is the best after all~

Anyway, hoped you liked this chapter! Sorry it took so long. It's been like what? 2 months already since I last updated this? Hoho~

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to leave a vote and add this book to your libraries so that you can keep up-to-date with the story's progress!

Until then, see you!