The Usual Favour [Eunbi X Jeonghan]

Under the Same Roof -AU Version- [SEVENTEEN X IZ*ONE]

"Ugh, I swear..." Eunbi muttered under her breath as she put on her cardigan and made her way to her apartment's entrance door. She quickly slipped on her shoes and exited the room. She walks down the hallway in quick pace before stopping right in front of a door with a sign written 1-B.

She knocks on the door three times before crossing her arms. The frown never left her face. When no one answered, she knocks on the door again – this time, harder. A few seconds later, the door slowly swung open, revealing a young man with messy blond hair. Somehow, his sleepy face matches his entire appearance - unkempt and messy, which further annoys the young woman.

"Really Jeonghan? I just came back from work, ready to relax until you just HAD to make me walk all the way here to cook something for you?" she asked with one eyebrow quirked. The young man only shrugged his shoulder which made Eunbi rolled her eyes before walking past him and entered his room.

"You didn't have to if you don't want to help..." he replied her previous question, closing the door behind him and followed the young woman from behind.

"Even if I didn't, eventually you would bother either me or Seungchol to help you out with it sooner or later. So I took it upon myself to do it before you ask for help again," Eunbi took off her cardigan and tossed it over to one of the dining chair nearby before walking over to his kitchen area.

"Aww, how sweet~ If only you aren't so easily angered, I would have fallen for you long~ time ago," Jeonghan joked, smiling at her. Eunbi turned around and glared at him which Jeonghan took that as a sign to stop teasing before things go haywire.

"So, what do you want? The usual?" she asked. Jeonghan nodded his head like a little kid with a smile on his face. The young woman let out a small sigh, nodding her head lightly before walking over to his fridge. Once she opened up the fridge, it didn't come as a surprise to her anymore when she saw the huge amount of ingredients neatly stored inside.

"Sometimes I wonder just how do you even have these many ingredients when I have NEVER seen you took one step outside the apartment?" she gave him a questioning look, which Jeonghan simply shrugged his shoulder.

"Hey, you never know? I might have gone out when no one is watching," he said. Eunbi rolled her eyes without Jeonghan seeing it. She took out the necessary ingredients before putting it over on the counter. After taking out all the utensil she needed, she began to cook for the young man. The room suddenly turned quiet, with only the sound from the kitchen can be heard.

While Eunbi was busying prepping the meal, she heard a door creaking from somewhere. Turning around, she found that Jeonghan was nowhere within her sight. It was then she heard the sound of running water in the distant.

'Probably washing his face,' It's quite easy to tell where one person is when you lived in a small studio apartment room.

Regardless, Eunbi resumes her cooking. Her hands quickly worked on chopping the vegetables and beef neatly. Ever since she moved to Serenity Rose Apartment, she learned to cook and prepares her own meal. It helps to turn her into a responsible and independent woman.

Of course, living alone also meant as having to manage her schedule and money properly. Working hard to earn money, to use that money to pay the rent and to force yourself to be frugal so that the rest of the money wasn't wasted so quickly. It was hard at first, but slowly, Eunbi got used to it. It makes her feel some sort of accomplishment when she managed to overcome those challenges – which is why she is slightly annoyed how Jeonghan seemed to be living extra comfortable and easy life when she hardly even see him doing any work.

"Is it done yet?" Jeonghan asked from behind, peering over her shoulder.

His sudden appearance surprised the young woman that she automatically elbowed behind her, hitting Jeonghan right at the chest.

"Oww! Did you have to hit me so hard..? You're one brutal woman..!" he whined, holding his chest where she had elbowed him.

"Well, serves you right! You shouldn't have surprised me like that!" she retorted.

"I was just asking..."

"Then just asked...from somewhere else! You didn't have to come up behind me!"

The two of them continue with their bickering which lasted almost 5 minutes. Jeonghan willingly gave up the fight and went to the living room, laying down on the sofa to gave them both time to cool down. Eunbi was almost done with the final touch up. Once she was done, she took 2 plates from the cabinet, served the food into the plates and placed both of it on his dining table.

"Food's ready," she said and almost immediately, Jeonghan sprang up and made a beeline to his seat, across the young woman.

"Thanks for the food~" he said his gratitude before digging in. Eunbi rolled her eyes before she began eating as well.

"How is it?"

"It's good, as usual," he complimented. Eunbi had a proud look on her face before they continue eating in silence.

"How's work today?" Jeonghan asked this time.

"Hmm, the usual. It's not like everyone goes to a branded boutique all the time."

"Let me guess, bored to death again?" Eunbi lazily nodded her head.

It may look awkward to others but this is how they are with each other. Although they might have bicker a few minutes ago, moments later, there they are – talking normally with each other as if the previous fight never took place.

"I'm done. Ahh, that hits the spot~" Jeonghan had a satisfying smile on his face.

"Same here. I have to say, I'm quite impressed by own cooking skills sometimes."

"Show off."

"Hey, I'm the one who's been doing the whole cooking thing for you ever since I moved here. You can't blame me for thinking that way," Eunbi gave him a proud smirk before taking both her and his plate.

"It's fine. Just placed it in the sink. I'll wash them myself."

"Oh? Now, this is a surprise," Nevertheless, Eunbi placed the plates in the sink as he told her so. She turned around to face him, arms crossed against her chest. "What's the catch?"

Jeonghan gave her an innocent smile which she knew very much what lies behind it.

"Come over and cook for me tomorrow?" he asked, smiling at her with an adorable puppy-eyed look that he could muster. The sight itself gave out a bright light that somehow makes her want to gag.

"How about you try and make something on your own, once in a while?" Eunbi tries to ignore him by turning around to wash her hands, completely disregarding the image of Jeonghan giving her that 'innocent' look.

"And risk burning the food in the process? Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea. Don't you think?"

In an instant, she recalled the moment she and Seungchol walked into his room only to be greeted with a smell of burning meat. Turns out Jeonghan is a cooking disaster when he tries to make a meal for himself – which is why he always turns towards either Seungchol or Eunbi for help.

Glancing over at the blond young man, she only received a small, playful smile from him – as if he was telling her that she HAS to help him regardless if she wants to or not.

"The things I do for you..." she mumbled as she took her cardigan and slipped it on. She made her way towards his apartment's entrance door, slipping in her shoes while the young man followed her from behind.

"I'll be taking my leave now. There are leftovers that I think could last until tomorrow. That is IF you don't eat it throughout the whole day," she told him. Jeonghan only nodded his head in an understanding manner. When Eunbi finally opened the door and was about to walk away, Jeonghan called her out.

"Hey, Eunbi." She turned around to look over at the young man, only to find him giving her one of his soft and genuine smile. "Thanks a lot."

She said nothing as she stared at him for a while. She said her goodbyes and walks toward her apartment room. She had to admit, she wouldn't mind if Jeonghan was always that grateful to her. It helps simmer down her annoyance towards him whenever he asked her to cook for him. It makes her feel some sort of satisfaction when she could help someone with a cooking disaster experience like him.

"Don't forget to come over and cook something more delicious for me~ Maybe pasta next time? With a little bit of extra spiciness? Thanks~"

And just like that, she takes back all of her statement from before. He's still annoying.