Chapter 1

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon released the ball and it only took seconds before it entered the ring, earning their team another three points. She heard Roa groaned as they ran to the other side, making her laugh before guarding the said girl, wearing a teasing smile as she look at their team captain.

“Thanks for guarding me loosely, Minky.” she provoked, causing Roa to scowl.

“Don’t get cocky, Yooh.” the captain warned as she caught a pass and shoot the ball.

The ball entered the ring, making Roa’s team to receive additional three points too. They’re now tied and it’s only a few seconds left in the 4th quarter before the practice match ends.

“Nice shot, captain!” their small forward, Jeongyeon, praised cause they’re in one team.

“I can shoot nicely too, unnie.” her younger sister, Yujin, yelled as she ran towards the ring.

The freshman easily dunked the ball in, maintaining the lead on her and Yoohyeon’s team. They’re currently having a practice match with Yoohyeon and Yujin vs. Roa and Jeongyeon.

The buzzer sounded, signalling the end of the match, and the YoohYu team had won. It was not the unexpected, considering they’re both the top scorer in their team being the ace and power forward. Roa is also good at shooting, but often direct passes more than she shoots.

“Good game.” their center, Handong, stated as she handed them a towel each. “By the way, your sister had been watching from the start, captain.” then, she pointed to the bench.

They glanced at the direction and waved, except for Yujin. Yoohyeon saw their maknae froze and continued staring at Minjoo. The ace thought maybe it was because this is her first time knowing that Roa and Minjoo is actually siblings, it wasn’t really a discussed topic around.

“Jin, you okay?”

“Is she really captain’s sister?”

“Yeah, everyone in the Kims are related.”

“I mean, biologically.” that’s what I meant, Yoohyeon thought but nodded anyways. “Then, why is she so pretty? But Roa unnie isn’t as gorgeous as her? She’s an actual goddess.”

“Aren’t you exaggerating?” Roa mumbled. “And did you just backhandedly insult me?”

“That’s not the point, the point is you need to introduce me to her. I like her, captain.”

“I can’t believe she’s my sister.” Jeongyeon muttered, hiding her face using her hand.

“You’re just as straightforward as her, unnie.” Yoohyeon stated as she walk past them and towards the locker room, it’s not her problem if Yujin is having a crush on Minjoo, it’s Roa’s.

But she couldn’t help but think that maybe, if she were blunt enough like Yujin, she would have gotten what she wanted a long time ago. She would have gotten her first true love…

Too bad, she isn’t that kind of girl. She isn’t confident enough to reach for the star…

--

“Hey, Jiwoo.” Yoohyeon greeted as her younger sister opens the cardoor “You’re a bit late.”

“Photography Club ensued a new project.” Chuu answered, fastening her seatbelt.

“I see. Well, we should head home then. The Kims meeting is cancelled.”

“Oh, I know. Dahyun and I are in the same class, remember?”

“So, you know why she called off the meeting?” Yoohyeon asked, backing her car from the parking lot, as Chuu nodded. “Let me guess, it’s her duty as your club president, right?”

“Yup, she was tasked to write each students’ club in our class.”

“Yeah, I was assigned the same task since I’m the class president in our class.”

“That .” Chuu said with a chuckle. “I’m glad I’m not a class officer, I would have spent less time with my beloved camera.” she added, gently touching the camera sitting in her lap.

“Speaking of cameras, what’s your club’s new project? Do you need me to be your model?”

“No thanks, unnie. I already found my model, I just need to ask her if she’s okay with it.”

“Who wouldn’t say yes to you? You’re such a cutie pie, Chuu.” Yoohyeon stated, pinching her sister’s cheek using her right hand as the left hand continued driving the steering wheel.

“Well, she’s someone unreachable, unnie.” Chuu mumbled, looking out of the window.

“I know how you feel, I just don’t know why we both fall for someone out of our reach?”

“Must be a sister thing.” they shared a laugh before Yoohyeon starts pulling over at the side.

Chuu got out of the car first as Yoohyeon parked her car inside the garage. She was about to get off the car after when she noticed something on the passenger seat where Chuu sat.

It was a photograph. With a chuckle, she picked it up and observed it. A fond smile grace her face as she recognize the place in the picture, it was from their first game of the season and is also their first win. But there’s something else inside the picture that caught her attention.

“Unnie!” Yoohyeon jolted up at the sudden call and turned around. “You didn’t heard me.”

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” she asked, hiding the photo in the pocket of her skirt.

“I asked if you can drive me to a convenience store? I forgot to buy lenses.”

“I’ll go for you.” Yoohyeon offered, turning on the car engine once more. “Just some lenses, right? I can take care of it, just take care of the house. I’ll be back immediately, okay?”

“Okay. Thanks, unnie.” the older girl just gave her a smile before driving out of the garage.

She started heading towards the nearest convenience store, glancing between the road and the picture in her right hand. She was there, she thought …and I didn’t noticed. She parked her car and continued staring at the girl that’s accidentally been caught in Chuu’s picture.

--

After picking up some couple of lenses, she headed to the counter to pay. The place is a little crowded, so she had to line up in the queue. As she waits, she notices a familiar red-haired.

“Dahyun.” the said girl turn around and smiled that famous eyesmile of hers to Yoohyeon.

“Unnie, hey.” she greeted back as she approach the older girl. “What are you doing here?”

“Buying Jiwoo’s lenses, what about you?” Dahyun laughed and raised a box of camera lens.

“I’m also buying lenses, I need them to bribe a certain photographer.” she mumbled under her breath, making Yoohyeon laugh and wonder at the same time who that photographer is.

“Well, you really know how to bribe one.” Yoohyeon teased, observing the brand of lenses.

Dahyun looked down and noticed that the brand of lenses she had got are all different kinds, she didn’t know what to buy so she grabbed all. That’s probably why Yoohyeon is teasing her.

But before she could retort back, the older girl left Chuu’s lenses in her arm and ran out of the convenience store. The reason of that is the girl Yoohyeon’s currently running after…

“Kim Minji!” the girl turned around, her bright red hair flowing, making her more beautiful.

“Yeah?” there’s that sweet voice that Yoohyeon longed for. It’s been a while she heard that…

“I…” now that her crush is infront of her, she doesn’t really know what to say. It was just a few seconds ago that she’s been staring at her photo and now she’s already infront of her…

“You look familiar.”

“I-I do?” Yoohyeon stuttered.

“Ofcourse, you are.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter