Chapter 6

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A loud siren resonated around the halls of the academy early in the morning. With a groan, Chaewon stood up from her seat and lined up outside their classroom. It’s the usual fire drill.

“It’s not even a hot season…” she whispered under her breath as she wrapped herself around her dance club jacket, each club has their own jacket and she loves to wear hers.

On the other side of the building, she saw Minjoo and gave the girl a wave. Her bestfriend waved back, but she has a feeling that it wasn’t for her because Yujin is standing behind her. And Chaewon could see Wonyoung behind the basketball player, but it looks like she’s hiding.

The orange-haired girl decided not to bother her, maybe she’s just sleepy. It’s still early, it’s not even their first period yet, so it’s normal for the students to feel a little bit drowsy…

After a few minutes of waiting, their teacher guided them towards the field and she looked around to search for the Kims member. She saw Dahyun with Chuu, Roa with Yoohyeon, her sister doesn’t have any Kims with her but she has someone to talk to. That leaves Minjoo…

Wait, why is Yujin standing there in the Dreams faction? she thought when she noticed that the girl is standing behind Minjoo, they’re both whispering and laughing at something…

“Uhm, excuse me?” Chaewon turned around and looked at Wonyoung.

“Why did you say excuse me, when we’ve talked to each other a lot of times already.”

“I’m sorry, I just don’t want to disturb you. I wasn’t sure if it’s okay to approach you so I said excuse me first.” the volleyball player explained. “And I’m sorry if I’m rambling…”

“No, it’s fine. I don’t really have anyone to talk to, seeing your bestfriend kept mine busy.”

“Sorry about her. She works fast, especially when it’s the person she likes.”

“So, it’s safe to assume that Yujin does like my bestfriend and not just playing around with her?” Wonyoung nodded seriously. “That’s good, then. Cause if not, I’ll chop her head off.”

“D-Do you mean that?” Wonyoung stuttered.

“Ofcourse, I’m kidding. Don’t take me too seriously, Jang.”

“Sorry, I don’t really know how to act around people. I’m kinda awkward.”

“I think you’re doing fine, just quit apologizing for everything and you’re good.” Chaewon grinned, and maybe a blush spread in Wonyoung’s cheek. “You’re turning red, is it hot?”

“No, no. It’s actually kind of cold.” and as if on cue, the wind blow and made her shiver.

Chaewon took off her jacket and handed it to Wonyoung without a word. The taller girl hesitated for a second so she took it upon herself to wrap the jacket around her. Luckily, Chaewon likes to wear oversize so her jacket somehow fits perfectly with Wonyoung.

“You look good in it, I might consider giving it to you.”

“W-What--?” and Chaewon is sure this time that Wonyoung is blushing.

--

Chaewon is sitting with Dahyun in the cafeteria, the other members were busy with some works, leaving both of them alone in the table…well, not really alone cause Chaeyoung is sitting with them too. Dahyun invited her, and the photographer didn’t hesitate to accept.

Right now, the freshman is watching her two sunbaes act like a couple infront of her. She’s not bitter like her sister but she’s not also someone who likes sweet things so she look away.

Just as she did, she noticed Wonyoung walking towards their table with her club jacket in hand. She probably want to return it immediately, not wanting to hassle Chaewon in class.

“Uhm, thank you for letting me borrow this even though you also felt cold earlier.”

“Don’t mention it.” Chaewon said with a small smile as she took the jacket and wore it.

A scent of mint caught her attention, but she never puts any cologne on her clothes. Turning around, she watch as Wonyoung went back to the table her friends occupied and she smiled seeing that the girl was eating another mint chocolate ice cream. She must really like mint…

“Chae!” she looked up and saw Dahyun waving a hand. “I asked if you want something.”

“O-Oh. Uhm, I guess…” taking another glance at Wonyoung, she smiled. “MinCho.”

“You really love mint chocolate, huh?” the Kims leader chuckle as she and Chaeyoung went to the counter to buy, leaving Chaewon alone in the table to observe Jang Wonyoung…

What is this feeling?

As she continued staring--I mean, observing--Wonyoung turned around and met her eyes before letting out a timid smile. Chaewon’s mind malfunction for a second before she raised her hand to wave and acknowledge the smile with a nod. Typical Mint Kim Chaewon…

Just as Wonyoung turned back to face her friends, she could swear that the volleyball girl had giggled. Turns out Wonyoung isn’t the only awkward one between the two of them.

“Here you go, mint chocolate as always.” Dahyun arrived and put the cup of ice cream infront of her. She smiled at her as thanks but then got confused when there’s only two cup.

“You didn’t buy for Chaeyoung sunbae?”

“No, we’re sharing. Turns out they have mix choco-strawberry.”

“Too couple-y.” Chaewon mumbled under her breath while sending a teasing smile and knowing look at the blushing leader. Oh, this is getting interesting. “You two are so sweet.”

“Thanks--”

“Shut it, Chae…won”

“Yes, leader-nim.” oh, how she loves to unnies and Minjoo. If only the others were there then she would have more fun. But now, she’ll target Dahyun. “You’re like a couple.”

“Kim Chaewon!”

--

Chaewon walked casually in the Dreams faction, earning a lot attention, but she didn’t mind, and proceed to the rooftop of the building. As expected, she found who she wanted to see.

“Yoohyeon unnie.”

“Chaewonnie, what brings you here?”

“You guys weren’t at table during recess, so I miss you.”

“I would have believe you if I didn’t know you, but then I do, so just tell me the real reason you’re looking for me.” Chaewon chuckled as Yoohyeon put her book down. “So, what is it?”

“I wanted to advise you.”

“You want--what?”

“Advise you.”

“Look, Chae, as much I love you, I don’t think you can advise me anything. Not to brag but I’m in the Dreams f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter