Chapter 5

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seems like this days, Roa had been frowning a lot. So, being the sunshine of the group, Chuu wants to make her smile again. With that in mind, she marched towards Kimlip’s classroom.

“Kim Chuu!” a familiar voice called out. “What are you doing here?”

“Heejinnie, hey. I wanted to talk to Rena, is she here?”

“No, she went out. I heard that she has a visitor waiting for her at the office, so she went there.” Heejin explained. “Is it something important? I’ll accompany you to where she is.”

“Thank you.” she smiled at the girl and they made their way towards the office. When they got there, they saw Rena walking out with a familiar girl. “Do you know who that girl is?”

“This is the first time I see her, I didn’t even know that Rena had any siblings.” Heejin said.

“I don’t think they’re siblings, they don’t look alike. They actually are quite opposite.”

“Must be a friend or something…” the younger girl shrugged. “Let’s go approach them, it seems like the taller girl is already leaving so I don’t think we’ll be disturbing. Come on…”

Heejin held Chuu’s hand and dragged her to where Rena stood. The taller girl is indeed leaving, but before doing so, the two girls managed to hear some of their discussion…

“I have to go now, but remember what I told you…just stay away from her, alright?” Rena didn’t answered and just hugged the girl before she walked away. Chuu took this as the cue…

But before she could leave, a hand had grabbed her shoulder making her stay in her place. Both her and Heejin turned around and was surprised to see Roa standing behind them.

“What are you doing here? Classes are about to start.”

“Oh, I wanted to talk to Rena about something. But she had a visitor.”

“Visitor?” Roa looked at the blonde girl a little far away from them. “I don’t see anyone with her.” Chuu explained that the girl already had left and Roa asked what the girl looked like.

“It was a tall girl with short blonde hair. They don’t look similar but they look close. And, I actually find her quite familiar. Maybe because she’s kind of a mixture of you and unnie.”

“Oh, God no. Don’t put Yooh and I in that kind of scenario, that’s just disgusting.”

“It’s just an comparison, I didn’t actually said that she was your daughter.”

“Well…” Roa saw that Rena had approached them. So, with a smile, she greeted the girl and the libero greeted back before excusing herself. Because of that, Chuu is a little bit confused.

It doesn’t look like the two is avoiding each other, they actually look kind of comfortable with each other. So, the question is, why does Roa frowns a lot? If it’s about Rena, then what is it?

“Hey, unnie.” Roa looked at her and she smiled softly. “You know we’re here for you, right?”

“Ofcourse.” the older girl answered then chuckled. “You’re becoming a lot like Yoohyeon.”

--

“Jiwoo unnie, I received an A!” Minjoo showed her portfolio to Chuu and the older girl smile seeing it, the pictures looked great and the younger girl really did deserve the grade she got.

“That’s nice, Chaewon would love that her pictures got you good grades in the club.”

“Nah, I’m not going to tell her. She’s already prideful enough, I’m not going to add up.”

“I hate to agree, but you’re kinda right.” they both laughed. “Anyway, before you ask, I got an A+.” she handed her own portfolio to Minjoo and the girl looked at in with amazement.

“I should have photographed Chaewon while dancing too, this look really great.”

“Thanks. But it’s not just about the activity, it’s about the feelings of the photographer.”

“You mean, your feelings for Yves sunbae.” Chuu blushed and slapped Minjoo’s arm, but the younger girl just laughed at her. Luckily, she had think of a great comeback for the other girl.

“If you had chose Yujin to be your model, then maybe you would have got an A+ too.”

“Unnie!” her mission succeed because Minjoo blushed. “Let’s not talk about that in here.”

“Come on, you don’t have to be shy. It’s not like everyone in the school doesn’t know that THE Ahn Yujin is courting you.” Minjoo blushed harder, making Chuu laugh wholeheartedly.

“You’re a meanie, I’m going to tell Minkyung unnie that you’re bullying me.”

“Please do, I have a feeling that she’ll be on my side anyway.”

“...you know, you may actually be right.”

“Ofcourse, I am.” Chuu grinned. “But speaking of Minkyung unnie, do you know why she’s been frowning a lot this days? I don’t think it’s about Rena, but at the same time, I do…”

“Maybe because of the exams. You know how Dreams gets when it’s this time of the year.”

“Maybe…” Chuu nodded in agreement, but still isn’t quite satistified with the answer…

“We’ll know about it when she tells us, my sister is not good at keeping secrets.”

Chuu wanted to ask more, but knows that she shouldn’t. She should just follow what Minjoo said, Roa will tell it to them whenever she’s ready. And she never really get the chance to ask more because the door of the club opened and Yujin entered. She’s here to fetch Minjoo.

Roa had finally allowed Yujin to get close with Minjoo, even allowing her to take the girl to their basketball practice. There’s progress between them, and Chuu couldn’t be happier.

“That looks great, unnie.” Yujin complimented Minjoo’s portfolio. “You deserved an A+.”

“Stop flattering me, Ahn. It won’t get you anywhere.” with that, the two of them left.

Chuu stared down at the portfolio in her hand and wondered if Yves would also compliment her for a job well done. That is if she has enough courage to actually talk with Yves casually…

--

And the world really does love to tease Chuu. Out of all time, they really choose this day to make Yves’ friends skip class, making the girl sit in the cafeteria alone. Yoohyeon invited the girl in their table, and the rest of the girls couldn’t stop sending signals with failed subtlety.

They, mostly Kimlip and Roa, were kicking Chuu under the table not-so-subtly while saying that her crush is here under their breath, to make sure that Chuu’s actual crush doesn’t hear.

“You have a crush?” opps, Yves did heard a bit. “Wow, I’ve never seen you blush this hard.”

“It’s just an admiration.” she tried to defend but the older girl just let out a soft chuckle.

“Whatever you say, Chuu.” it’s clearly obvious that she doesn’t believe what Chuu had said, but the girl didn’t bother defending herself more cause Yves just won’t probably believe it…

They started eating their lunch, and Yves is starting to get along well with the other girls, which is a good thing for Chuu. It’s nice to see your second family and crush b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter