Chapter 11

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kimlip sat down beside Chaewon, watching the volleyball club’s middle blockers, Wonyoung and Hyejoo, talk with the latter’s girlfriend from the newspaper club, Gowon. Their leader is talking with another wing spiker, Kahei. Meanwhile, her target is talking with the captain.

“What should I say to Rena so she would talk with Minkyung unnie?”

“I don’t know.” Chaewon shrugged. “You can offer her something in exchange, I guess.”

“In exchange? Like what?” the younger girl shrugged once more, clearly busy observing her crush. Kimlip shook her head. “Do you think I should tell her about the Yuha business?”

After Minjoo knew about Yuha and Roa, she told Chaewon. Ofcourse, her sister allowed it. It was time to stop hiding secrets, anyway. With that, everyone in The Kims are back together.

“Maybe you should wait until Minkyung unnie is ready to tell her.”

“But I need to know about her feelings so I’ll know what to advise Minkyung unnie.”

“You mean, whether she’ll listen to Kang Kyungwon and stay away from Kang Yebin or she’ll break her ex’s trust again and stay by her crush’s side?” Kimlip solemnly nodded.

Chaewon look away from Wonyoung and turned to face her older sister, she knows that the younger girl could see the seriousness in her face because her neutral look turned serious.

“If Rena sunbae does like her, will she be able to break Yuha sunbae’s trust again?”

“Yeah, I’m not so sure about that. It took her a whole year getting over from Yuha unnie.”

“That’s the problem, we don’t know if she’ll actually choose to stay by Rena sunbae’s side. What if we’ll know that she does like Minkyung unnie but unnie wouldn’t be able to break Yuha sunbae’s trust again, then Rena sunbae will get hurt which will hurt her sister again.”

“This is such a messy situation.” Kimlip groaned. “I’m glad I’m not inlove.” she mumbled under her breath, shaking her head. “So, what do you think we should do? Help me out.”

“I will, just give me time to think of a solution.” they both stayed silent to think, the sound of the volleyball club’s practice is the only noise surrounding them. “I need to let them talk.”

“Yeah, I agree. The sooner, the better.”

“This is the only solution I could think of, Chae.”

“Then, go for it. Tell the others about what you think…”

Kimlip got her phone and texted the rest of the Kims to meet up at their usual hangout place: the ice cream shop. They all agreed to go after club activities, the dance club just finish early.

“Do you think everything will be okay?”

“I wish it’ll be, I’m tired of drama.”

“I agree with you in that one.”

--

It wasn’t okay. When Kimlip told Roa to tell Rena what happened with Yuha, Minjoo and Chuu disagreed. They think that the past should be in the past and that it would ruin the relationship between Roa and Rena. Yoohyeon and Dahyun, on the other hand, agreed…

They were more logical, saying that Rena deserves to know about what happened between Roa and Yuha. Because if she does like Roa, then their relationship would built with lies. But the one who gets to decide is obvious Kim Minkyung, Chaewon just watched them in silence.

“It’s time.” Roa let out a long sigh before chuckling humourlessly. “Do it, Jungeun. It’s fine.”

“Tomorrow, right here after school.” with that, the meeting ended and they all went home.

Kimlip is now walking back to the school grounds. When she arrived at the gates, she noticed a familiar mop of blonde hair belonging to the one and only photographer in her lonely life.

“Jung Jinsoul, it’s already past schooltime.” she called out. “What are you doing out here?”

“Oh, I was waiting for you. I heard my vice-president that The Kims called out a meeting.”

“I bet Dahyun told her.” Kimlip smirked teasingly. “But why did you wait out for me?”

“To walk you home, ofcourse. At this time, you should really have company. Let’s go.” both of them started walking towards the dorm side. “Chaeyoung was sulking at our club earlier.”

“Really? Why?”

“Dahyun cancelled on their date.”

“Then, I owe her an apology. I’ll come by tomorrow.”

They continued to talk about things on the way, mostly just some random stuff, until they reached the Dreams’ dorm building. It’s time to part ways, but Jinsoul has something to say.

“I know it’s a bit stalker-ish, but I heard you’re having late practice tomorrow. I’m friends with Sooyoung, in case you don’t know.” Kimlip was surprised. This will be useful later…she thought. “Anyways, I’m having a special class tomorrow. So, can we walk home together?”

“Uhm, not to be stalker-ish either but…I know your schedule.” the blonde shrugged. “Jiwoo is my bestfriend and she’s good at stalking. Anyways, I know you don’t have special class.”

“Oh…”

“So, uhm, why?”

“What do you mean why?”

“Why are you willing to walk all the way across campus in the dark when we live on the complete opposite side, and having to lie about special classes later than early afternoon just to walk me home?” Kimlip isn’t being sarcastic, she is genuinely confused and curious.

“I…” Jinsoul let out a deep sigh. “I really don’t want to confess to you in this scenario.” Uhh, what? “But I can’t think of any other answer, it’s because I like you. I’ve always like you.”

--

(You are ridiculous, Kim Jungeun!) Chuu yelled over the phone. (I was pissed at you earlier at the meeting, but right now I pity you…and is still pissed. You ran away from Soul unnie!)

“What was I supposed to do, Jiwoo? Tell her that I don’t like her before running away?”

(What? No! You’re an idiot, aren’t you?) Kimlip nodded, even though she couldn’t see her.

“Look, I do have a crush on her. But I don’t know if it’s love or admiration. You get me?”

(Yeah, I do.) Chuu sighed. (But you shouldn’t have ran away, you could have ask her to give you time. That way, both of you can compose yourself before moving forward into…this.)

“How are you and Yves unnie, Jiwoo?”

(Do not change the subject, Kim Jungeun, I swear!)

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I’m just genuinely curious about your status.”

(We’re good, Jungeun. I’m going to tell you about it later, but for now…FOCUS!)

“Don’t yell.” Kimlip chuckled, knowing that her bestfriend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter