Chapter 3

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you want to watch basketball practice later?” Roa suddenly asked, making Minjoo look at her with wide eyes. Yoohyeon smiled watching them and the smile grew when she saw Chuu smiling while texting, she knows it’s Yves. Kimlip and Chaewon just share their food.

“I wish my sister is also here.” Dahyun whined, pouting behind her chocolate bar, making the other members laugh before approaching to engulp her into a group hug altogether.

“We are sisters, Hyun.” Yoohyeon stated, leaning her left cheek on Dahyun’s head.

“Just not related through blood.” Chaewon added, causing all of them to laugh.

“You always know what to say.” Kimlip complimented, ruffling her sister’s hair. “But I’m curious, though. We’ve been in your house a lot of times but had never seen your sister.”

“She’s living in an apartment near her university. I visit her but not the other way around.”

“Is she the ‘leave-me-alone-I’m-already-a-college-girl’ type of sister?” Minjoo asked.

“No, no. It’s not that. She loves our family, but often busy at school. You know, college life. But she never misses a day without calling me when she’s free, she’s that kind of a sister.”

Just as Dahyun had said that, her phone rings. The name ‘Jiu unnie’ with a rabbit and a heart emoji was plastered across the screen. The leader let out a laugh before answering the call.

“Hey, unnie. I was just talking about you…” Dahyun excused herself and walked away for privacy. She talked to her sister about her upcoming game, and telling her to come watch.

(I’ll be there, so do your best. But I have to go now, I’ll talk to you later at night, okay?)

“Okay. Take care, Jiu unnie.” the older girl bid her goodbyes to Dahyun before hanging up.

After the call, Dahyun decided to head towards the cafeteria to buy more chocolate bars before she returned to their table. On her way back, she passed by Chaeyoung’s table. The girl is chatting with her friends, who Dahyun could recognize all of them as famous students.

“Hyunnie!” Chaeyoung’s voice brought her back and she faced the younger girl with a smile.

“Hey, Youngie.” she greeted and was a bit surprised when Chaeyoung suddenly stood up.

“Have a seat, there’s still 30 minutes left before the end of lunch break.” she said as she give her chair to Dahyun. The older girl hesitated for a second but eventually sat down…

“Hey, President.” Tzuyu, the class vice president, greeted her with an arm wrapped around the girl besides her, which Dahyun recognized well because it’s her volleyball team captain.

“I didn’t know you’re close with our cub, Dahyun.” Sana stated, leaning closer to Tzuyu.

“Why don’t you introduce us, Chae?.” the bunny-teeth girl, who Dahyun knew as Student Council President, stated. The said girl let out a chuckle before doing so what the girl said.

Dahyun came to know Chaeyoung’s friends which are Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana, Park Jihyo, Myoui Mina, and Chou Tzuyu. And they’re all nice…

--

Since Dahyun left her group without warning, she wanted to apologize to them by treating all of them to the nearest ice cream shop. She already sent them the message in their group chat, and is now waiting by the front gates. All of them still have club activities except her.

The volleyball club had ended their activities for today to rest before their upcoming game against their rival academy, or maybe it was because their captain has a date with Tzuyu. Either ways, she’s just glad she could spend more time with her second family, the Kims.

“Oh, ace.” a familiar voice called out, making her look up and saw Wonyoung with Rena.

“Hey.” she greeted both of them. “What are you doing together? Are you close friends?”

“We’re just heading the same way.” Rena answered. “We’re going to get some ice cream.”

“Well, we’re also going to get some ice cream, do you want to go together?” the two girls contemplated before nodding in the end. “Great, we’re just going to wait for the others.”

“Who else is coming?” before Dahyun could answer Rena’s question, the others arrived.

Wonyoung’s eyes widened when she saw Chaewon, and the same goes for Roa when she saw Rena. Dahyun hadn’t really thought about it when she invited the two volleyball player.

“Do you want me to leave?” everyone was shocked when Chaewon suddenly asked that.

“W-What? No! I…no, why would I want that?” Wonyoung stated, shaking her head eagerly.

“If you’re uncomfortable with me, just say so. I don’t mind doing the adjustment for you.”

Dahyun smirked when she noticed the blush that’s starting to creep in Wonyoung’s cheek. So, that’s why she ran away from Chaewon. It all make sense, someone’s crushing on Chaewon.

“It’s fine, Chae, everything’s fine.” Dahyun interrupted. “How about let’s go now, huh?”

“Wait…” Roa suddenly speak up. “I think I’ll stay here, you all go and have fun. I’ll be here.”

“Why? Let’s all go together.” Yoohyeon whined. “Ice cream is better when we’re together~”

“You have a lovely voice.” Rena complimented with a smile, and Roa swooned, before the girl actually faced her. “She has a point, things are better when done together. So, let’s go?”

In the end, Roa agreed and they all went together. By the bad luck of rock-paper-scissor, Wonyoung was tasked to order with Chaewon. Dahyun laugh sercretly as she watch them.

“Chocolate for Dahyun unnie, strawberry for Jiwoo unnie, vanilla for Roa unnie, blueberry for Minjoo, apple for my sister, cookies and cream for Yoohyeon unnie, and gum for Rena sunbae.” Chaewon stated before looking at Wonyoung. “What about you? Which one?”

“O-Oh, uhm, mint chocolate.” that got Chaewon’s attention completely as the girl stares at her intently, making her blush and nervous at the same time. “U-Uhm, did I say some--”

“You like MinCho?” it took a second before Wonyoung nodded. “Well, then. I think we’ll get along just fine, cause mint chocolate is my favorite. You have great taste, Jang Wonyoung.”

--

“That’s toothpaste.” Minjoo stated once the order arrived, pointing at Chaewon’s ice cream.

“Stop insulting my choices, Minguri. Because if you do, you’re insulting Wonyoung’s too.”

“Wait, what--” the girl looked to the side and saw the younger girl holding a mint chocolate ice cream. “O-Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know someone other than Chaewon eat those.”

“No, it’s fine. I agree that it taste like toothpaste, anyway.” Wonyoung said with a laugh. “But I like it’s minty taste, that’s why it’s my favorite. Plus it’s mixed with chocolate.”

“Exactly.” Chaewon nodded in agreement as she sat down beside Wonyoung. “It’s perfect.”

“And it’s better than something plain like vanilla.” Yoohyeon added to easen the situation.

“Now you insult my taste, Kim Yoohyeon?” opps, she forgot Roa actually likes vanilla flavor.

“I-I didn’t mean it like that, Minky.” she defended. “I just think that vanilla is plain and simple, but I didn’t say that it taste bad.” it didn’t worked, as Roa still kept glaring at her.

“Plain and simple is always better than complicated things, that’s the same with flavor. If it mixed two flavors, one would prevail than the other like mint with mint choco and cookies with cookies and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter