Chapter 4

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kimlip is never a fan of watching sports. It’s not that she hates sports, or sweaty athletes, she just think that a lot of lovebirds use this an excuse to meet up and flirt with each other. She’s not pointing fingers, definitely not to the freshmen infront of her; Yujin and Minjoo.

“Why would you come to a volleyball game when you’re a basketball player?”

“Because I know you’d come to support your leader, and I wanted to see you.”

“You’re so cheesy.” Minjoo playfully slap Yujin’s arm, making Roa and her roll their eyes the same time. She really can’t handle cheesiness, and so is Chaewon but the girl is unbothered.

Her little sister seems to be focusing on the court, and the game is not even starting yet. The players are still doing warm ups, so they had to wait in the stands. Chuu was somewhere else with Chaeyoung to set up the photography instruments and Yoohyeon is helping them out.

“What are you looking at?”

“Jang Wonyoung…”

“WHAT?!”

“She’s a good player. I’ve seen her practice spiking each time I pass by the volleyball gym.”

“Did you happen to pass by? Or was it intentional?” as expected, Chaewon glared at her.

Kimlip isn’t pointing any fingers, but it seems like the freshmen this year are getting love lives faster than her. Not that she’s interested in love, it’s just that they’re a lot younger than her.

Well, it’s not like the people older than her doesn’t have any love life, Kimlip’s pretty sure that Roa is doing everything in proving Rena wrong. Maybe that’s also one of the reason she’s here, watching the game. And Yoohyeon’s here in hopes that the redhair will come.

There’s only Dahyun. Kimlip glanced at the side where the photographers stand and nodded. Yep, even Dahyun. she thought as she looks at Chaeyoung. Then, she’s the only one left…

“Is that Jinsoul?” Roa asked Yoohyeon, who’s approaching their seat, and the latter nodded.

“She wanted to help Chaeyoung out cause it’s her first time photographing a sports game.”

“Hey, unnie.” Chaewon whispered, poking her annoyingly. “Your girlfriend is here, why don’t you watch the game together?” and ofcourse, Kimlip just had to glare at her. It’s the genes…

“Shut up and focus at your own girlfriend, Chaewon. Look, the game’s already starting.”

“Well, seems like I’m not the only one focusing in the game.” she said, pointing to JinJoo.

Minjoo had her head rested on Yujin’s shoulder as they observe the game. Thinking that even lovebirds can watch the match professionally, Kimlip decided that she should too. It’s not that she’s comparing herself to the lovers, she just want to understand this game and cheer.

“Jinsoul sunbae is waving at you, act normal.” Kimlip jolted up and glanced at Jinsoul’s side with wide eyes, the girl probably misunderstood cause she lower her hand. Damn it, Chae!

--

When the first set ended, Kimlip made her way to where the photographers are, in excuse of talking to Chuu. But the truth is, she wanted to apologize in case Jinsoul did misunderstand.

However, when she arrived at the place, the President of the Photography Club wasn’t there. Her bestfriend stared at her confusedly as a frown grace her usual resting face. Chuu stood up from her seat and excused herself to Chaeyoung before approaching Kimlip.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Where’s Jinsoul sunbae?”

“She went to get some stuff, why?”

“Uhm, I…just want to tell her something.”

“Well, have a seat then. Let’s wait for her together.” Chuu went back to Chaeyoung’s side and offered a chair to Kimlip before going back to facing her phone, she’s texting someone.

“Is that Yves unnie?”

“Uhm, yeah.”

“Nice.”

“We’ve been texting a lot since Minkyung unnie gave her my number, but I don’t think she knows I like her. Which is a good thing, because I don’t really know what to do if she does.”

“But isn’t it also a good thing if she does know? That way, you can take it to another level.”

“I’m scared. What if I reach her, and get hurt? I don’t want to get my heart broken.”

“You’ll get it broken either ways, might as well to someone you like…for a long time now.” Kimlip advised, smiling gently. “It’s been two years since you’ve fell for her, go for it, Jiwoo.”

“And if she doesn’t like me like that?”

“Then, it’s her loss. So, I would kick her to make her realize.”

“You’re the best, Jungeun.” Chuu smiled back at her before looking behind. “Oh, there she is. Jinsoul unnie is coming towards us. Why don’t you two watch the game while talking?”

“That’s a good idea.” Kimlip turned around to face Jinsoul, but actually felt nervous now that the girl is right infront of her. “Uhm, hi. Is it okay if I steal you away for a few seconds?”

“You can steal her away for hours.” Chaeyoung interrupted, grinning at them. “We’re okay.”

“Oh, alright then.” Jinsoul nodded and handed the tools to Chuu before walking with Kimlip.

They searched for an empty seats and sat down. It’s awkward, Jinsoul’s just starting at the court and Kimlip doesn’t really know how to start a conversation without being snarky.

“I wanted to apologize.” she decided to begin with. “I think you misunderstood me earlier.”

--

Their team is already winning with two set straight, so Yoohyeon volunteered to buy foods in the cafeteria near the sports hall. Kimlip stood up to help her because she’s in a good mood. With that, the two of them made their way to their desired place and pick what they want.

When they had finished choosing, they went to line up in the queue. A lot of supporters are also buying so it’ll take awhile. Kimlip noticed that Yoohyeon’s eyes were still looking around.

“If you want to add more, go ahead. I’ll wait in line here.”

“Really?” she nodded. “Thanks, Jungeun. I’ll be right back, I promise.”

Yoohyeon immediately went back to the aisle and started choosing, Kimlip couldn’t help but chuckle as she thought of Chuu. The siblings’ similarity are really obvious, it’s endearing…

When the older girl came back, her hands were full of snacks and she’s wearing a huge grin. Kimlip didn’t have the heart to scold her for buying so many junk foods, and they were after the first customer anyway so they wouldn’t have to hold unto this many foods for longer.

The girl infront of them turned around after paying, and Yoohyeon’s grin faded. Kimlip didn’t noticed it as she was busy putting their foods on the counter to pay for, but stopped when…

“Kim Minji.” she looked back faster than she should, and stared at the girl. So, this is Minji…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter