Chapter 10

The Kims [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dance club’s practice ended early as The Kims’ leader entered their clubroom to talk with the ace dancer for a Kim-related thing. The club captain, Hirai Momo, agreed easily and left with her girlfriend, Myoui Mina. Chaewon was there, but left even though she’s confuse.

“Is this because our unnies are a mess?” the sophomore Kims are the only one there.

“I’m sorry about that.” Dahyun apologized, making Chuu hit her bestfriend.

“Jungeun didn’t mean it like that, you didn’t do anything wrong.”

“But I feel like I should have done something, this is about my sister and my bestfriend. I wish I could have done something.” Dahyun sighed. “I’ll take care of it, but Roa unnie…”

“Minjoo doesn’t know anything, she can’t help. So, I’ll do the job.” Kimlip stated. “You and Jiwoo take care of Yoohyeon unnie, I got Minkyung unnie. She needs some tough love.”

“Uhm, are you sure?”

“Definitely.”

“Alright, then. All of us has a mission. Jungeun will take care of Minkyung unnie, Dahyun will take care of Yoohyeon unnie, and I’ll take care to make you two talk with each other.”

“Scatter!” was the thing Kimlip last said before she stood up and ran off. She shared a glance with Chuu before standing up to follow where the blonde had ran off, and they’re surprised…

A few feets away from them is Kimlip…with Jinsoul, smiling and talking on the way to the dormitories. It was now dismissal so it isn’t unusual for students to go home, it’s unusual to see the almighty blonde stereotype Kim Jungeun walk home with someone other than them.

“I…didn’t know they’re close.”

“Uhm, I know they’re like friends but…not to this extent.”

“Do you think this start when Jungeun slept in Jinsoul sunbae’s dorm room last time?”

“Maybe, who knows?” Chuu shrugged. “Not that I don’t care about my bestfriend’s lovelife, it’s just that I’m waiting for her to tell me what’s going on. You know how secretive she is.”

“Yeah, I remembered she hid her feelings for you when you were in middle school.”

“She waited for it to go away. And not that I’m…inlove with her, I just wished she told me.”

“I understand.” Dahyun chuckled. “And I agree. Jungeun’s secretive enough to the point she would just kept it in and hurt herself while burying it underneath, I know her well enough.”

“That’s the kind of person she is. She’s not a tsundere cause she wants to, she push people away because she has to.” Chuu sighed. “I hope it won’t be like that with Jinsoul unnie.”

“And if it will, you got her…right?”

“I always do, don’t worry.”

--

Both of the girls were walking back home now, Dahyun offered to take Chuu home to finally talk with the latter’s older sister. Both of them doesn’t have a car, Yoohyeon would drive her younger sister while the redhair uses a bike because their subdivision is a walking distance.

They’re going to Dahyun’s house first to take her parents’ car to drive towards Yoohyeon and Chuu’s house. They live in another subdivision, a little further away than the redhair’s place.

“Do you want to grab ice cream before going home?”

“Uhm. Yeah, sure.” Dahyun shrugged.

They changed way and headed to the ice cream shop. Dahyun opened the door for Chuu and sat down in the nearest table. The older girl offered to order and walked towards the counter, she came back with strawberry and chocolate ice cream. They shared both of it while talking.

“What do you think I should start with?”

“Apologies come first, but you didn’t really do anything wrong.”

“I should still apologize, though. So, apologies then explanation of the situation?”

“Yes. But mainly, I think you should just go with the flow. Yoohyeon unnie can’t stay mad at you, I’m sure you know that, right?” Dahyun chuckled. “I’m serious, we’re like sisters.”

“Yeah, whatever you say, sunshine.” the redhair took a scoop of strawberry ice cream and mixed it together with her chocolate ice cream before putting it in . “Yummy~”

“You’re really having an obsession with chocolate-strawberry this days, Chae wasn’t lying.”

“Which Chae do you mean?” Dahyun asked before eating another spoon of choco-berry.

“Chaewon, mostly. But Chaeyoung told me she’s glad you like strawberry too.”

“Enough about me.” the red-haired girl struck her tongue out before smirking. “You know, I haven’t heard you talking about a certain dancer this days. Are you moving on from her?”

“What? No!” Chuu laughed. “We’re actually really close now, you can consider us friends.”

“Just friends?” Dahyun teased. “Nothing more? Cause you two are practically dating.”

“Okay. Just because we’re going out on friendly dates, it doesn’t mean that we’re together. I’m sure she doesn’t see me that way. I mean, she’s totally out of my reach. Like…totally.”

“How is she out of reach? I know you idolize her, but it’s not like she’s an actual goddess.” she joked. “She’s a human being, capable of feelings, and an idiot if she won’t fall for you.”

“Thanks.” Chuu smiled brightly.

“Anytime, sweetie--”

“Unnie!”

--

Dahyun should have expected this. First, she lost Yoohyeon. Then, Roa is getting further away from them. And now, Minjoo will be mad at her for not telling the secret of her older sister.

“Chaewon told me to just leave it, but I can’t. Jungeun unnie didn’t changed, but my sister did. And don’t lie to me because I know that you know something about what’s going on.”

“Just calm down. Have a seat and let me explain.” the maknae sighed but compiled. “Okay. So, first of all, we didn’t tell you anything because it’s not our position to tell you this--”

“I’ve heard that before. And look, nothing changed between you and Yoohyeon unnie. You have to let us know so we can help you. This isn’t just your problem, this is our problem.”

“Minjoo.” Chuu reached out and put her hand on top of the younger girl’s. “Calm down…”

“I just…” Minjoo sighed again. “…don’t like the fact that you’re keeping secrets from us.”

“I don’t either.” Dahyun admitted. “But this isn’t ours to tell, this is your sister’s secret.”

“Why didn’t she told me anything about it?”

“I guess it’s because she doesn’t want to change your view of her.”

“Is it something bad?” Dahyun and Chuu exchanged worried glances with each other.

“How about you ask her about it yourself? It’s time you know about your sister’s secret.” the leader stood up and they followed her to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter