THE EAST CABIN

In Love With My Gay Roommate

 

"Remember to pack all the stuff you need for the camping trip tomorrow," my homeroom teacher announced. I kicked Aaron's seat, he turned around and glared at me. 
 
"What?" He asked. I smiled innocently and asked him about the camping trip.
 
"It's an every year thing we do here, only junior and senior go. You'll be in the same cabin as your roommate so don't think about getting away from me," he smirked. 
 
Jaesun, my seat mate who I used to call a 'pedo' explained the rules for me. I nodded and took down notes as he went along. First period was over, I put my stuff away and made my way to the next class.
 
 
==================================
 
 
After class, I ran back to the dorm and packed right away. It was kind of exciting for me because this was my first camping trip.
 
"AARON! AARON! AARON! WHAT ELSE SHOULD I BRING?!" I asked him in a hyper tone. He rolled his eyes. "Calm down, believe me, it's not that exciting. Even though it's supposedly a 'trip', it's actually a competition," 
 
My jaw dropped.
 
"C-Competition? For what?" I jumped off my bed an hopped onto his and listened to the story.
 
"Every year...at this particular camp, students fight to stay in good cabins, BUT there is this one cabin. One cabin where no one wants to be near. The haunted cabin...." Aaron whispered the last part. I gulped and continued listening.
 
"The East cabin. The so-called haunted cabin. Unlike the other cabins, this one doesn't have any neighbor cabins or anything, it's just one simple cabin in a dark forest, surrounded by scary whispering trees and a haunted lake. People that been there have been telling stories about the couple who suicided at that exact same lake and they are still wandering around there. SO, teachers usually have this little fun scavenger hunt for the students to enjoy themselves, but it's really a competition to see who will get the East cabin. The losing pair will have to volunteer to stay at the East cabin. That's pretty much it," Aaron smiled, but soon turned into a frown. "You better not get last, because if one person gets last, the other have to suffer too," 
 
I froze, I've always hated scary stuff, and I'm not very good at competitions either. That night, I couldn't sleep, all that excitement in me were gone. It was about 2 in the morning now and I still couldn't sleep.
 
 
=================================================
Morning-
 
 
"Yah. Wake up. After breakfast we have to meet up outside the school. Wake up. YAHHH!" Aaron screamed.
 
"HUHH!?! WHAT HAPPENED?" I shot up and looked around.
 
"....Hurry up....or I'm leaving...without you.." Aaron sighed and got ready.
 
After breakfast everyone went to look for their roommates to meet up. We both arrived at the waiting area where the teachers were taking roll calls.
 
"Wu Genglin and Wu Gui Gui," the teacher called. Both of us raised our hands. The teachers gave us two our bus number. Bus number 2, it said. I got on the bus and Aaron sat beside me. The other guys were on other busses so I was left alone with Aaron.
 
"So...uhm...want some snacks?" I asked him, holding the bag of chips. He took one and turned his attention to the window again. The bus started moving, soon I became sleepy due to the lack of sleep yesterday. My eyelids began to drop. 
 
"Ya-" Aaron turned around to see what was on his shoulder. I was sleeping peacefully with my head on his shoulder. A small smile formed from his lips. After what seem to be hours of driving, the bus finally stopped in the middle of a forest.
 
"Okay student! Get your bags and we're going to have a little hike," the teacher announced as students groaned. I had to tip toe because my bag was on the upper level. Aaron noticed what I was doing and swiftly grabbed the bag for me. I thanked him and followed him out. I met up with the rest of guys and walked together. Calvin offered to carry my bag but before I could say anything Aaron took it away from me and walked ahead. After 20 minutes of hiking, the students suddenly stop and dropped their bags. 
 
"WHOOOOO! I'M HITTING THE WATER!" One said.
 
"I'M COMING WITH YOU, BRO!" The other added.
 
"You have 1 hour of free time, go enjoy it and meet up at 4P.M." 
 
Before the teacher can say anymore, the students went off.
 
"GUI GUI! LET'S GO!" Jiro grabbed me and ran off with the other guys. 
 
"Aish, WAIT UP!" Aaron called and ran after them.
 
After all the fun, it was time for the 'game'. Everyone stood at the starting line with their roommate. I was shaking now.
 
"You and your roommates have to search for these 5 items. The first team that find all 5 items win the special cabin," 
 
It was clear that they weren't looking forward to the prize, they just don't want to be last. With that, the teacher blew the whistle and everyone pretty much went off by themselves. Aaron ran off, while I waited for everyone to go before me so I won't trip. I read my first clue. It told me to go to a certain place and look for a Y shaped tree.
 
I spotted the tree and started looking for the item. I found something inside the opening, I tried reaching then someone else came. 
 
"Gui Gui?" A boy called me. I turned around too see who he was, it was one of my classmate, but I couldn't recall his name. 
 
"Do you need help?" The boy asked. He looked like a nice guy so I let him help. He easily took it out. I thanked him, but he ran off after. I blinked. Was that suppose to happen. 
 
"Oh no, without that, I can't read the next clue! NO.NO.NO. What do I do....Aaron....where are you..." I began to panicked and searched for Aaron.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile on Aaron's side, he found 4 out of the 5 items already. He was going to look for his last one but he heard something.
 
"Heh, that stupid Gui Gui kid, I asked him does he need help and ran off with his clue," the boy laughed. His roommate gave him a high five. Aaron's eyes widened and grabbed the guy's collar.
 
"WHERE.IS.HE." Aaron hissed.
 
"W-who.." the guy stuttered.
 
"Wu Gui Gui. Who else you !" Aaron was mad now.
 
"H-he, I saw him over there,"
 
Aaron shoved him off and went to look for Gui Gui.
 
 
=============================
 
 
"Where am I....." I looked around the unfamiliar place. 
 
"I'm going to lose for sure, I don't even have my first item yet....I'm sorry Aaron," I began to tear up. I gave up and sat on a rock.
 
"It's all my fault," I sobbed.
 
"Gui Gui?" I heard my name.
 
"Aaron.Must be him. AARON! I'M RIGHT HERE!" I saw a figure running toward me.
 
"Where did...you...run..off too," He panted.
 
"Sorrrry Aaron. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. We're going to lose because of me," I sobbed.
 
"Aish. Stupid," he wiped away my tears. 
 
"I don't care anymore. Let's go," he took my hand. Soon we were back to the starting line. Everyone was there. The teacher announced the winner, everyone clapped except us. 
 
"Time to pick cabins," a boy said. That's when everyone looked at us.
 
".....We'll stay at the East cabin," Aaron sighed. I felt guilty and didn't say anything. Aaron took my bag and walked ahead. I followed behind.
 
"Well...we're here," Aaron stopped. I looked around the old looking cabin. It didn't look that bad, maybe because the sun hasn't set yet. The two of us went inside and unpacked. The cabin was about the same size as my dorm except with no bathroom. After unpacking, I was told to go back to the camping area for dinner. 
 
"Ahhh, there you are. The students decided to choose the last place contestants to collect firewood," the teacher gave us a nod and went off. I gave Aaron a sorry look, he shrugged and went started to pick up sticks.
 
He must've hate me.
 
After dinner, students gather around the campfire to tell scary stories. Most of the stories were about the East cabin. When campfire was over, students went up to me and Aaron and told us to be careful.
 
"Don't listen to them, it's a lie," Wu Zun said. I gave him a small smile. 
 
Aaron and I made our way back to the cabin, it was dark now. I can hear wolves howling and cricket chirping.
 
A bird flew pass me, I ducked and let out a scream. 
 
"You scream like a girl," Aaron chuckled. I lightly push him.  
 
 
=================================
 
 
After a warm shower, I grabbed my clothes and made my way to the cabin. I stopped half way and looked at the lake. It was quiet, not a single sound was being heard. 
 
Aaron came out to check on me, he saw me staring at the lake and called me.
 
"Yah! Hurry up, I'm sleepy!"
 
Just a joke. I went inside the cabin and calm myself to sleep.
 
In the middle of the night, I woke up due to a strange sound. More like a crying sound...it sounded painful. I woke Aaron up.
 
"Aaron......I think I heard something..."
 
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: HERESSS CHAPTER 22~  OHMYGAHDD that was a long chapter doe, lolol
Oh and guys I dont think i can update 6 times a week anymore, ive been so busy lately but I'll try to update about 4-5 times a week.   
:)  
 
 
-ringo324