002

Moonlight

Suho stepped out of the elevator, he was fixing his tie as he crossed the lobby, smiling back at the employees who greeted him politely. He took out his phone as he waited for his car to be brought around.

Kyunghee answered after three rings.

“Hey,” She answered, Suho pause as he heard the girl slightly.

“Are you okay?” He asked her.

“I am, I just feel a little groggy today. It must be the weather.” She complained, Suho nodded back, but the girl did sound different.

“I’m on my way to Lotte World, do you want me to pick you up? We’re eating together, right?”

“We are, lunch is on me this week, I believe. But it’s okay, you don’t need to pick me up.”

“Will Chanyeol be joining us? Kai’s already on his way.” The male asked.

“He said he has an exam today, so it’s just us three.” She said, Suho could hear getting inside the car.

“Okay, drive safely, vice president Park.”

Suho saw his black Jaguar XJ pull over outside, he walked out of the doors and smiled at the valet.

“Then, I’ll see you there, chairman.” She chuckled before ending the call.

 

 

Ahyeon was in the process of wearing her coat as she dashed out of the house, she was running late for her shift. She padded towards the silver Porsche Boxster and slid in the vehicle. She was about to back away from the property when her phone started to ring.

“Chanyeol, now’s not a good~”

“I know, I know, but noona,”

She paused, she stepped on the gas and she was already on the main road.

“What is it? Is it school again?” She said teasingly, Chanyeol sighed from the other line.

“How are you doing? I texted you last night.”

“I forgot to reply, sorry darling. How’s school?”

“Torturous. Obviously.” He said in a grumpy tone, Alison laughed and shook her head.

“Kyunghee noona mentioned something.”

Alison paused briefly, her finger tightened on the wheel as she waited for her brother to continue.

“What?”

“Eomma’s birthday. Please come.” He said in a slightly pleading tone. The tone that made him get whatever he wants. She rolled her eyes before shifting lanes, she checked the side mirror before stepping on the pedal harder.

“I’ll be there, don’t worry.” She snorted.

“Good, I miss you noona.” He said, Alison smiled, they really did have the sweetest baby brother. Well, not so baby since he towered over everyone in the family.

“Chanyeol-ah,”

“Hmm?”

“Did…unnie mention anything else?” She asked as she chewed on her lower lip anxiously.

“No, why?”

“Nothing.”

 

 

“Well, the skating rink is doing well.” Suho said as they approached the elevator, Angela had her arms wrapped around herself as she nodded.

“It has to.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He asked as they got inside the machine, she nodded back.

“It’s probably just a cold, don’t worry.” She said as they doors closed before them.

“So, we had the bungee drop recalibrated outside, we’re meeting with the engineers now. They’re already waiting.”

“I know, I saw their plans.” She replied, the doors opened again and they stepped out.

“It’s unusually cold today. I hate it.” She said darkly as she hooked arms with Suho. Their staff watched on, at first everyone was confused at how close they were. Rumors even started, but it soon came into realization that the two were really just good friends. And, looking at them now, it would be impossible for the two to be couple. They were too similar.

“Should we test out the other rides?” Suho suggested as they arrived at the outdoor area of the park.

“It’s too early for that, Kim Junmyeon-ssi.” She said as she looked around, her eyes were on the gyro swing and she shook her head.

“I’ll talk to them first. Go look around.” Suho let go of her.

“Okay, I’ll give Chanyeol a~”

Suho turned, the girl’s head was about to crash on the metal grills, he quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her forward, he caught the girl before she could slide down on the cold floor.

“Kyunghee-yah!”

 

 

Alison was bobbing her with the music as she prepared the café for the day. She was fixing the chairs and tables while the two other crew were cleaning up.

“So, do you plans for the weekend, Ahyeon-ah?”

She looked up and shook her head, she removed her earphone before replying.

“I have a few movies I need to watch. And my apartment looks like crap, unnie. I have to stay home.”

“You always stay home.”

“Home is where the heart is.” She hummed back, the older girl rolled her eyes at her.

She moved on to the next table, and then her phone started ringing. She took it out and looked at the screen, the name of her sister’s secretary was flashing on the screen.

“Secretary Min?”

“Young miss, it’s…the vice president,”

She paused, she set the rag down and leaned against the table.

“Why? Does she want to talk?” She asked.

“No, she fainted earlier while visiting the site.”

“What?!” She balked, her coworkers all looked at her in confusion.

“We’re on our way to the hospital and~”

“Send me the address the hospital. I’ll be there.” She said in a rush, she ended the call and dialed for her brother. Chanyeol answered after one ring.

“Noona, I~”

“Send me a plane.” She said before he could finish, her coworkers blinked at her statement.

“A plane? Noona, I will have to call~”

“Send me a plane now.” She demanded, her tone flat.

“I’ll call the office, noona.” Chanyeol replied, Alison took off her nametag from her shirt and the tossed the apron she was wearing. She took her backpack from under the counter and wordlessly left the café.

She raced towards the car and tossed her bag in.

“Oh no, Angela.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++