006

Moonlight

 

“Her twin sister comes home and she doesn’t even show herself or send a message. What have we given birth to?” Mr. Park asked as they walked in the penthouse that the siblings shared. Chanyeol helped Kyunghee to the couch and placed the Hermes blanket over her lap.

“Let her be, appa. She must be trying to..adjust to Seoul again.” Kyunghee said lightheartedly, her eyes went to the doors for a short moment.

“Ah, right!” Mrs. Park rushed to the kitchen, Mr. Park plopped down beside his daughter.

“Noona’s actually here, she’s just sleeping in. I tried waking her up earlier, but she told me to go away.” Chanyeol said casually.

“I thought she wanted to step out.” Kyunghee said, then she heard the familiar tune of the doorbell, she was about to stand but Chanyeol was already jogging towards the doors.

“Chanyeol, don’t~”

“Is Kyunghee home?” A familiar voice asked, her father looked up from the magazine he was reading. Kyunghee stood up so fast the she grew dizzy, then her brother appeared again, he looked a little confused as the male followed behind him.

“This person….?” Mr. Park also stood up, Kyunghee saw her mother reappear from the kitchen with some citrus tea.

“Good afternoon, I’m Do Kyungsoo.” The male introduced himself properly before offering his hand towards Mr. Park.

“Ah, him. Do Medical Group.” Chanyeol murmured under his breath. Mrs. Park looked at him curiously before setting the tray down.

“Nice to meet you, mister Do. Are you friends with my..son or daughter?” Mr. Park asked as he shook the male’s offered hand.

“I’m Kyunghee’s boyfriend. Also, the father of her child.”

Chanyeol balked, his hand flew to his mouth, and Mrs. Park could only stare back.

“First, I would like to apologize for only showing myself now. Kyunghee and I have been together for almost three years now.” He started to speak, his calm demeanor was bothering the hell out of Kyunghee.

Why was he so collected and so himself?

“Ah, so, you’re~”

“Whoa, three years and you never even said hi?” Another voice chimed in, Kyungsoo looked up, there was a young lady standing at the foot of the staircase.

“Oh, god.” Mr. Park said under his breath.

“You must be…Ahyeon noona.” Kyungsoo said to her, Kyunghee watched as her sibling approached them, she was already dressed in a pair of jeans and an oversized sweater that only showcased how petite she was.

“And, you must be mister Three Years.” Ahyeon replied as she sat down on the sofa, everyone was staring back at her. Kyungsoo seemed to be taken aback.

“What are you guys doing? Sit down.” She said with a dry laugh, Chanyeol padded to his room, not wanting to be part of it, or not wanting to witness her sister grilling the younger male. The Park elders both sat down and Kyungsoo took his seat beside Kyunghee.

“So, start explaining. The same goes to you, unnie.”

 

 

Suho loosened his tie and leaned back on his seat. He shut his laptop close and set his phone aside. It was almost five in the afternoon and he was itching to go home.

“Sir,”

He waved for his secretary to enter, the male handed him a file and he immediately picked it up.

“The young miss, like VP Park was quite an impressive student. she graduated top of her class in high school, the twins attended the same academy. But, for college, she chose to study abroad.”

Suho’s eyes went to her file, there was a photo of Alison on the top corner.

“Abroad?”

“She finished her undergraduate and graduate studies in Shanghai.”

“Shanghai? Quite far.” Suho murmured as he put the file down, the male nodded back.

“No one really knows why she chose to work in Jeju, but it’s been known that she’s quite the..rebel, sir.”

Suho nodded, agreeing with what the male had just said.

“How is VP Park doing? I heard she’s been released from the hospital.”

“She’s well now, but I don’t think she’ll be able to come back to work anytime soon. There’s…been some changes with her.”

“What shall we do, chairman? We’re on a tight schedule for Lotte World.”

Suho exhaled and uncrossed his arms, he looked at his phone briefly.

“I’ll talk to Kyunghee about it. For now, tell the board that the meeting will push through next week.”

“Yes, sir.”

 

 

Kyunghee scratched the back of her neck as lunch was being served by the family’s two maids.

“You met at work? How? I didn’t know IBK dealt with hospitals…or pharmaceuticals.” Ahyeon replied, Kyungsoo looked up from his plate before speaking.

“It was a conference, something about top tier taxpayers in the country. I happened to sit next to your sister.” He said calmly, and Chanyeol was impressed. The male could stand his ground with Ahyeon.

“Oh, is that so? Did you know who she was back then? Or, which company she worked for?”

“Do you mean which company she was running?” Kyungsoo queried back, Ahyeon’s brows rose.

“That’s always the case in our circle, huh.” She nodded before picking up her fork.

“I didn’t know at all. She was with her secretary that time, and she accidentally~”

“Wait, wait. We are the parents, why are you doing all the questioning?” Mr. Park asked, Kyunghee and Chanyeol grinned to themselves.

“Well, no one was speaking. I had to take charge. Like always, duh.”

“Alison.” Mrs. Park shushed her, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but smile at the girl.

“Well, you’re not as safe as you think, Three Years. But, fine, I’ll give you the benefit of~”

“Okay, we’ll take it from here. Eat your food.” Mr. Park intervened, Alison chuckled before taking a small slice of chicken. And then she met her sister’s gaze, Angela’s brows rose questioningly, Alison rolled her eyes and gave the older girl a small thumbs up. Angela grinned back at her, but the younger one jokingly raised her middle fingers instead.

"Alison!"

The middle child chuckled to herself.

 

 

“You want to get her..a get well soon present?” Kai was amused as he joined his cousin in the mall, Suho nodded back.

“I just feel bad, you know. I had a feeling she was unwell; I should have at least driven her to the site that day.” He murmured as he looked around the rows and rows of designer brands before them.

“Well, what do you plan on~” His phone started to ring, he excused himself before stepping away from Suho. The latter entered one of the shops that he recognized, Kyunghee had used one of their purses during a meeting, he was about to ask for assistance when he heard a familiar voice.

“Oppa? Suho oppa?”

He stood frozen for a few seconds before turning around to face the owner of the voice.

“Ch—Chaeyeon-ah,”

The girl smiled before sauntering over to where he was standing, she leaned over to kiss his cheek as a greeting. Suho looked away, his forehead creasing.

“I would never have expected seeing you shopping. Did you come alone? Or are with a special someone?”

“N—No, I was~”

“Hey, Taylor Swift, have you seen year nineteen ninety-four? He asked me to meet him here.” Another voice chimed in, he turned his head and saw Alison standing across them. She was looking at him questioningly, she had hidden her hands inside her sweater sleeves, and in that moment, she looked vulnerable. And approachable.

“Is that her, o~”

“Ahyeon-ah,” Suho broke into one of his most diplomatic smiles, the girl blinked at him.

“Wow, it finally got to your head~”

“Come.” Suho said as he laced his fingers with her, her eyes narrowed at him.

“Kim Junmyeon, I swear to god, if you don’t let go of~” Alison started to hiss.

“Yeah, I’m with her. And we have to go now, see you around, Chaeyeon-ah.” Suho tugged on her hand to shush her while his ex-girlfriend could only watch as the two stepped out of the store.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++