007

Moonlight

 

Ahyeon’s mouth remained shut as they walked out of the shop together, her eyes narrowed as soon as they were three feet away from the boutique.

“You have five seconds to~”

“I’m sorry.” He blurted out and dropped her hand, she sighed and rubbed her palm against her jeans.

“You may be my sister’s best friend, but we’re not that close. And~”

“Alison, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…I just~”

“You don’t have to explain. I don’t usually ask if I don’t need to, but, that was really something Taylor Swift ahjussi.” She shot back, Suho looked away.

“Alison, I really didn’t mean to. I..needed an escape.” He said honestly, the girl met his gaze evenly.

“Now, we’re even.” She replied, Suho grew confused.

“Even?”

“You’re welcome, Suho. I’m glad I let you hold my hand to escape that lady from earlier.” She hummed, Suho almost chortled.

“Okay, we’re even.” He replied, she grinned and then they saw Kai making his way towards them.

“That’s more like it, Suho oppa.” She said with a malicious grin, Suho grimaced.

“You heard that?”

“I already saw you before you attacked me, Samsung Global.”

“How many more names must you give me?” Suho asked as Kai reached them, the younger male looked at them questioningly.

“You’ll know later.”

 

 

“So, that’s everybody.” Kyunghee said as the male sat down on the couch, the two were inside her home office. Kyungsoo smiled and patted the space beside him, the girl sat down beside him and exhaled.

“I didn’t know you told Ahyeon noona about it.”

“Don’t call her that. Just go for Ahyeon.” She muttered, Kyungsoo nodded back and took her hand in his.

“I did. I mean, it may not look like it, but we both keep each other sane.”

“While she keeps everyone in the family on their toes?” He asked jokingly, Kyunghee chuckled.

“I’m glad it’s finally out, and that you survived my sibblings.”

“Chanyeol’s not bad.”

“So, Ahyeon is?”

“I didn’t say that, but I’ve heard rumors about her. I was surprised actually.”

“Surprised?” She asked as she leaned against him, Kyungsoo smiled and gave her hand a small squeeze.

“I really thought she was going to grill me alive.” He chuckled deeply, the girl laughed along.

“She wont. Ahyeon just has a way of dealing with things, don’t worry, she’s not that bad.”

“Even your parents are careful around her.” Kyungsoo joked.

“Trust me, everyone is careful around her.”

 

 

“Kim Junmyeon’s paying.” Alison announced as they sat down on their table, Kai looked at his cousin, startled.

“When did you two start calling each other by your full names?”

“I owe her one. Don’t ask.” Suho shook his head at his cousin.

“You owe her one? How?” Kai grew amused, his cousin did look a little stressed out, his eyes went to his friend.

“I actually went to the shop to look for you, then I spotted him.”

“But, you’re not the type to approach people first.” Kai mused as he picked up the menu, Suho looked at the girl, wary.

“Then, it ends there.” She shrugged, Kai blinked at her.

“That’s it?”

“There’s nothing else to say, your cousin was kind enough to tell me that you had to step out for a bit.”

Suho looked at the girl, a little puzzled, he thought she was going to talk about Chaeyeon or what had happened earlier. But she didn’t mention it. And he was thankful for that, Kim Jongin would give him for just even looking at Chaeyeon.

“What would you like to eat, Alison?”

“Well, it’s never going to be Ahyeon, so, I’ll have a lasagna and a glass of wine.” She replied, Suho grinned and called for the waiter.

“Why do I feel like you two are hiding something from me? Ya, I’m your friend, not him.” Kai said teasingly.

“We’re all friends in this table, Kim Jongin.”

“But, you met me first.”

“You don’t even call me noona, do I bother you about that?” She shot back, Kai deflated and pursed his lips at her. Suho couldn’t help but laugh at the two.

“But you never acted like one, you~”

“Children, let’s order our food.” Suho said calmly, Ahyeon turned to him.

“Children? We are the same age~”

“Then, act like it, miss Park.” 

Ahyeon glared at him before shoving a breadstick into Kai’s mouth. 

 

 

Ahyeon stepped out of the mall’s revolving doors and paused, it was drizzling outside.

“You sure you don’t want a ride home?” Kai asked, she shook her head at him.

“I still have to get some groceries, Chanyeol will be here any moment.” She said to him, she saw Suho get inside his Jaguar, he honked at them before driving away.

“I’m glad you’re in town, Ali.” Kai smiled before wrapping one arm around her neck, she chuckled and patted his hand.

“I was always worried you would never….come out again.”

“Kai, now’s not~”

“I mean it. You should have let me end that person.” He said without looking at her, Alison shook her head at him.

“It’s fine. He’s gone now.”

“Not totally.” He pointed out just as the valet brought his car around.

“Drop it. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Don’t you have work? Because I do.” He said jokingly, Alison slapped his arm away from her, he laughed.

“I’ll swing by for breakfast. I want to see Kyunghee noona too. Take care.” Kai said before hopping towards his car, Ahyeon nodded and watched as the Audi sedan sped away from her. She was about to dial Chanyeol’s number when her phone started to ring instead. She froze as soon as she read the name on the screen.

She could only stare at the device as she let it continuously ring. And then she let out a big breath as it stopped. Her fingers curled around the phone tightly, but then it pinged, alerting her of a text message.

She her lips before sliding the screen open and she halted.

I heard you left town. I want to see you.

She immediately peeled her eyes from the screen and started to frantically look around her, Ahyeon started to walk back towards the doors but she heard a familiar honk.

“Noona!”

She turned and found her sibling waving her over from his car, she exhaled before rushing towards the Range Rover without turning back.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++