009

Moonlight

 

“Is it bad that I want to try the Gyro Drop?” Alison murmured as she walked after Suho, the male was speaking with some of the staff and engineers.

“It’s under maintenance as of now, vice president.” One of the staff told her politely, she frowned and looked around them. Almost fifteen percent of the park was being closed off due to the renovations and maintenance, and it was a weekday, so there weren’t a lot of guests, except for tourists.

“Aren’t you cold?” Suho turned to her, the girl was wearing only a thick sweater underneath her trench coat.

“Not really.” She replied as the staff stepped back and let the two talk.

“You aren’t really into this, huh?” He grinned at her as he slowly shook off his padded jacket.

“Cut me some slack, it’s my first day.” She argued back, he snorted before draping the jacket around her.

“I’m not really excited about the two meetings I have lined up for this afternoon.” She shrugged at him as she pulled the jacket closer to her frame.

“They all want to meet you. Please be understanding, young miss.” He said jokingly as they reached the monorail’s entrance.

“I don’t want to meet them.” She explained, Suho smiled as a car arrived, he pulled the door open and gestured for her to step in first.

“This is safe, right?” She murmured before crouching down, Suho smiled and sat down beside the girl. The attendant closed the door, the car started to move forward.

“You look bothered.”

“Is this the part where you all go Dr. Phil on me?” She asked as she leaned back on the seat.

“I’m trying to get along with you, Alison.” He replied wanly, she snorted back at him.

“They said unnie’s pregnancy is…very delicate. I’m just worried, for her and the baby. I’m thinking maybe I should have gone home right away after she told me. Then, she wouldn’t have stressed herself out or…” She trailed off, they were already at the indoor area of the park.

“Don’t blame yourself, it’s not your fault.”

“Says the guy who has never met his friend’s twin sister till now.” She mused as the door opened and she stepped out, Alison was about to remove his jacket around her frame, but Suho held onto her arm to stop her.

“Keep it on. Your cheeks are already so pink.” He mused before walking ahead of her. Alison watched as the male walked ahead of her.

“That’s it? No more other comforting words for me?” She balked as she padded after him, Suho laughed and just lead her to the cafeteria.

“I’m hungry. I’ll deal with you later, Alison.”

“Well, it will never be Ahyeon, but fine.” She said darkly as she followed her, Suho took two trays and nodded for her to tag along with him.

“Kimchi?” He asked her.

“I hate carrots.”

“I’ll eat them.” He sighed before placing some on her tray, she grinned at him.

 

 

Ahyeon’s fingers hovered over her laptop’s keyboard as she read the document beside her again, her forehead creased and she shook her head.

“How the hell did she keep it together?” She muttered under her breath before picking up a pen, she shut her laptop close.

She leaned back on her set and closed her eyes, she was already in her fourth day as vice president of IBK and she was starting to regret her moment of being a softie and also, she had begun cursing her sister’s boyfriend, for no reason of course.

She checked her schedule again, she was about to leave her seat when the doors opened, her secretary walked in with a small smile.

“Vice president, your sister and~”

Kyunghee strolled in, she was dressed in jeans and a Chanel tweed jacket, losing her CEO image, as she walked in.

“Unnie, what~”

A familiar male walked in, he was carrying a box of donuts and a pizza.

“Home got really boring, and I decided to check on you. How’s work?” She asked before giving her a brief hug.

“Fun.” She chirped with a dry look on her face, Kyunghee laughed at her before sitting down.

“We bought your favorites. Or that’s what your sister claimed them to be.” Kyungsoo said as he sat down across the twins.

Ahyeon chuckled, she opened the pizza box and nodded.

“This, I like. But I don’t really like sweets, so that’s probably her cravings speaking. But, thanks.” She mused before picking up a slice.

“So, how are things? Suho called the other day and told~”

“Yeah, he wouldn’t let me try the Gyro Drop but I got over it.” She shrugged and leaned back on the couch, Kyungsoo looked at the two, and smiled to himself. The two didn’t look alike, being fraternal twins. But he had expected some similarities, at least, but the two were so different. Kyunghee was always warm and polite, careful and soft-spoken. While Alison was another story. Outspoken, opinionated and blunt.

“Are the renovations done?” Kyungsoo asked, she shook her head.

“It might take six more months or so. Why aren’t you eating?” The older girl blinked at him, he picked up a slice while Kyunghee nibbled on a glazed donut.

“But, unnie,” Alison paused when her phone started to ring on her desk, she excused herself before walking back to her table and picked up the device in a rush, she swiped the green icon without checking.

“Hello~”

“I’m in Seoul. Can I come see you? Or do you want to come to you instead?”

 

 

“What are you saying, hyung?” Kai looked up from the files he was reviewing, his older cousin had dropped by to chat.

“That other day, we met up with Alison.”

“Yeah, well, you were acting a little odd that day. Did something else happen?”

Suho paused, he leaned back on his seat and uncrossed his arms.

“Chaeyeon..Chaeyeon’s back from Paris.”

That made Kai stop, he set the papers down and eyed the older male, Suho looked away.

“Wait, you met her? At the mall?”

“Yes. She..She was there.”

“Hyung, why are you still even thinking about her? She’s~”

“She looks happy…and healthy.”

“Who cares?” Kai rolled his eyes, Suho shrugged and took out his phone.

“I mean it, hyung.”

“I just didn’t expect that she’d be back so soon, she told me..she told~”

“I don’t want to know, what I want to know is how you escaped that? It must have been…awkward.” Kai tried to switched topics, Suho paused, he blinked at him.

“W-Well, Ahyeon…I didn’t know she had good timing.”

“What?”

“I wanted to walk away from her, I just..didnt know how.” Suho trailed off, Kai looked at his cousin. His Junmyeon hyung was probably one of the strongest and smartest people he knew, but he had one flaw. He loved too much, he gave away too much.

“Then, what happened? I doubt Ahyeon would voluntarily help you out, she’s not that type of person.” He said trying to lift his mood.

“I didn’t. And I almost lost an arm.” Suho commented, Kai grinned.

“Let me guess, you made Chaeyeon think Alison’s your new main squeeze.”

“I made her think that.”

“Heol. This kid is quite brave.” Jongin balked at him, his cousin shook his head, not wanting to reply.

“I mean, wow, hyung, I’m amazed. You have no idea how many guys tried that move on her and almost~”

“I know, stop bothering me about it. I’ll fix it.”

“You better, because the moment Chaeyeon bothers Alison, then she’s done. Or you’re done. Either.”

 

 

Ahyeon got inside her car, she put her seatbelt on and stepped on the gas. Despite the low temperature outside, her palms were clammy. She exhaled as she arrived at a stoplight, she looked around her before taking out her phone from her purse. She had switched it off four hours earlier and has never turned it on ever since. She rolled down her window and tossed the device out before stepping on the gas again.

She reached a coffee shop just a few blocks away, she quickly parked her car and crossed the street. She got inside and took out her wallet, she was about to queue when she felt someone tap her on the shoulder.

“Why are you sweating?”

She blinked back at him, Suho looked confused to see her but he was smiling.

“W—Why do you care?” She replied defensively, his smile only grew wider.

“So, coffee before dinner?” He asked as he stood beside her, Alison glanced at him.

“I need the buzz of the caffeine, you?” She asked him.

“My parents love their coffee buns, my mother asked me to buy some when I come by tonight.”

“What a sweet son you are, Taylor Swift.” She replied back with a small smile, Suho noticed that the girl looked a little pale and frazzled.

“Are you okay?”

“No. But I’m trying.” Her reply was curt, Suho nodded back, unaffected by her aloofness.

“I need a new phone.” She said casually as they reached the counter.

“Why? Did you~”

“I threw it away. I need a new number too.” Alison continued as she took out her card.

“And, you’re telling me this…why?” Suho asked, he noticed her jacket was sliding off her shoulder, he leaned over and gently pulled it up.

“Aren’t you a Samsung boss?”

Suho grew amused but he nodded back.

“I’ll get you one then, anything else?” He asked, she shook her head before facing the lady behind the counter. She ordered a caramel macchiato and focused on him again.

“I’ll pay for your coffee buns then.” She offered before handing in her credit card to the lady.

“Hmm, that seems a fair trade. Can I get something to drink too?”

“As long as you don’t hold my hand again, we’re good.” She clicked her tongue at him and she chuckled, Suho nodded back and checked the menu behind the lady. Ahyeon puffed her cheeks, she looked around them briefly, her fingers curled around the strap of her purse.

“Alison? I’m done.” Suho nudged her, she turned to him and nodded back.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” He questioned as they searched for an empty to table to wait for their orders.

“Yes, I’m..not really a fan crowded places.” She nodded back and shifted on her seat.

“Thanks for the coffee and pastries, Alison.”

“I’ll be waiting for my new phone then, Samsung Global Group.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++