008

Moonlight

 

“This family meeting isn’t exactly very joyous. Shouldn’t we be celebrating instead?” Alison spoke as the waitresses left their private room, the family was at a famous restaurant in downtown Seoul.

“We have something to discuss with you, Ahyeon-ah.”

“What is it, eomma? Are you going to ask me to cut my hair again?”

“No, no, darling. Your father needs something from you.”

“Really?” She looked at the Park patriarch, Chanyeol was in the middle of putting food on her his sisters’ plates.

“Noona, chicken?” He nudged Ahyeon, she shook her head and pointed towards the shrimp.

“But don’t put sauce.” She commented, Kyunghee smiled and began to eat.

“I have a favor to ask of you, daughter.”

“Oh my. No.” She muttered under her breath as she picked up her chopsticks, Chanyeol grinned at his parents.

“Kyunghee has been told by the doctors that she should be on bed rest.”

“Why are we not eating at home then?” She paused, her worried eyes went to her twin.

“Ahyeon-ah, we need you to take over for her. Just for the mean time.”

The girl’s eyes went to her father, then to her mother. She winced and started to slowly shake her head.

“I was about to ask why not this boy beside me, but then I realized, he’s not done with school yet.” She stated flatly, Kyunghee smiled before speaking.

“It’s only for a short while, Ahyeon. A year.” She said softly.

“Sure, a year. Short while. Got it.” She nodded her head, she could feel her parents’ expecting gaze on hers.

“I didn’t say no, alright? Stop staring, let the girl eat in peace.”

“Thank you, Ahyeon.”

“You’re the best, noona!” Chanyeol smiled before giving her a small hug, the girl swatted him away and met gazes with her twin.

Thank you. Kyunghee mouthed at her.

You can start by getting me a new car. She mouthed back, the eldest chuckled and gave her a thumbs up.

I thought you got a new Audi?

This isn’t open for discussion, pregnant lady.

Kyunghee rolled her eyes at her, Alison smirked before continuing with her meal.

 

 

“Guess what,” Alison said as she got in her room, Kai was on loudspeaker.

“What?”

“I got myself a new job.”

“Really? Did they threaten you at gunpoint?” He asked jokingly, Ahyeon shook off her hoodie and plopped down on the bed.

“Or did you threaten them?”

“No. I was kind of..forced into it.”

“Forced? And you let yourself be forced? Are you really the Alison that I know?”

“It’s not like that, you know unnie’s pregnant. And apparently, the doctors suggested that she should not be moving around so much.” She trailed off, she sat up and looked around her. There was a family portrait on her desk beside her computer, and a Polaroid photo of her with her siblings taped on her vanity table. Her brows furrowed deeply.

“Does that mean you need to stay here? For the company?” Kai asked, she nodded before speaking.

“It looks like that, and as much as every fiber of my being wants to run. I can’t. I know I shouldn’t.” She murmured as she examined her nails.

“Are..Are you okay with staying here?”

“It’s only for a year, Kai. I’ll live.”

“Oh, it’s not you I’m concerned about, it’s your family’s company.” He stated flatly, Ahyeon rolled her eyes.

“I mean it. Will you be okay?”

“He followed me to Jeju. No place is ever okay.”

Kai remained quiet, Ahyeon exhaled and glanced at her collection of Old English novels.

“I’ll update you in case I bolt again. Good night.”

“You be careful.” Kai said before ending the call, Alison puffed her cheeks before closing her eyes.

 

 

“So, she transferred?”

“Yes, she called the coffee shop this morning to tell them that she wouldn’t be able to continue working for the establishment.”

The male swiveled his chair to face the windows behind him, he exhaled and shook his head.

“So, she really is in Seoul?”

“Yes, a few hours ago, IBK has announced that she would be taking over for her sister. There have been rumors regarding that VP Park Kyunghee is pregnant, but the company has not said anything about it.”

“Kyunghee? Pregnant?”

“Yes. People assume that’s why miss Ahyeon has come home. For her.”

“She’s IBK’s new VP now. Alison Park.” He murmured, the other male nodded.

“Yes, that makes her the current vice president of IBK, sir. She will be taking all responsibilities done by her sister.”

The male smiled to himself and crossed his arms.

“I’ll be able to see her quite often then. She has an image to keep now.”

“Would you like me to reach out to her office, sir?”

“No, no. I know how to find her.”

 

 

“Sir,”

Suho shut his laptop close as his secretary walked in, the male took the seat across his boss’s table.

“There’s been an..update with IBK.”

“Did Kyunghee call?” Suho asked, the male shook his head.

“It’s about a sufdden change in the company, sir. Although, it wont affect any of our dealings with them. But we’ve been informed earlier than the rest of their partners.”

“Changes?” Suho grew confused, surely, Angela would give him a call before anything.

“Yes, it was just announced this morning that~”

The doors suddenly opened and a familiar looking lady was staring right back at him. Suho and the secretary stood up.

“Before you ask anything, I was sent here via my sister’s Mercedes Benz.” Ahyeon announced as she walked in the room.

“Miss, do you have an appointment?” The secretary approached her, he was already guiding her back out of the office.

“I need to have one?” She asked, her eyes on Samsung Global’s young chairman.

“It’s okay. This is Park Ahyeon, vice president Park Kyunghee’s younger sister.” He spoke, the other male blinked before giving her a polite bow.

“It’s nice to meet you, young~”

“No, no, it’s not young miss.” She frowned, Suho looked at her questioningly.

“I see you didn’t get her email?” She asked him, Suho shook his head.

“I was at meetings this morning, I didn’t get to check.” He said as he walked towards her and gestured for her to sit.

“I’ve been…promoted, Kim Junmyeon-ssi.”

“So, it’s not Taylor Swift now?” He asked dryly as the girl sat down, his secretary paused and looked at him.

“I have to take over for my sister. She told me that I should swing by and ask you about Lotte World. She sent me all the files to review.”

Suho blinked back at her, stunned.

“Wow, they left you in charge?” He mused at her, the girl glared at him.

“You want me to remind you what you did the other day at the mall?” She shot back, Suho grinned and shook his head at her.

“Well, that sounds great, Alison. Congratulations on your first day.” He said in a very diplomatic tone, which irked her.

“I can hear it coming.”

“What?”

“The punch line. Just spit it out so that we can work on this thing, Samsung Global.” She muttered as she set her purse aside, she was dressed in a pair of skinny slacks and a very prim looking collared top underneath her leather jacket.

“And I wish IBK a lot of luck, because the company needs a lot of it.” Suho chimed, Alison looked at him and sighed.

“You’re lucky you’re my sister’s friend.”

Suho laughed and just opened the files before them.

“But, can we get something to eat while we go over this?” She asked him, Suho nodded back.

“What do you feel like having, Alison?”

“Nachos and fries.” She said as she took out her wallet, but he shook his head at her.

“I’ll take care of it. Wait here.” Suho stood up from his seat, he took out his wallet and called for his secretary.

“Alison? Soda?” He called, she looked up and nodded back.

“Cherry cola. Please.”

Suho nodded and turned to his secretary again, the latter smiled, he stole another glance at the younger Park before leaving.

I’ve never seen him this engaging with another lady. Interesting.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++