005

Moonlight

 

“A coffee shop?” Suho repeated, Ahyeon nodded back as she passed them their utensils.

“Before you start asking, no. I wasn’t a barista. And I can’t make coffee to save my life, however,” She said as their food arrived, she looked at her bowl of beef bone soup.

“The view there is the best. Duh.”

“Well, that seems to explain everything. Nice.” Suho replied, she eyed him warily.

“And, it’s far far away from IBK’s grip. So, it’s a good deal.”

Suho nodded and smiled as he started to mix his soup.

“Hyung, this child refuses to acknowledge that she’s part of IBK Group, so get used to~ Hey!” Kai complained as he realized that Alison was transferring her carrots, onions and bits of radish to his bowl.

Suho looked at the girl, now the difference between the twins were getting obvious. Alison was a picky eater, Kyunghee wasn’t.

“I’ll give you more kimchi if you give me beef.” Kai told her.

“Ya, I may not be some hotshot CEO, but I’m not an idiot.” She retorted, Suho laughed.

“See? Even your cousin agrees.”

“Hyung doesn’t count. He’s too nice. I mean, he’s too nice to be even sitting with you.” Kai replied.

“Yes, yes, and now I’m here wondering why I let you become my friend.” She shot back.

“What? Ya, I let~”

“Children, please, let’s just eat.” Suho intervened, Kai rolled his eyes at the girl.

“Kim Jongin, knock it off.” Suho warned him, Alison smiled and stuck her tongue out at the younger male.

“The same goes for you, Alison.”

“It’s Ahyeon.”

“You always have to get the last word.” Suho muttered under his breath, Ahyeon smiled to herself and gave him a thumbs up.

A riot in human form.

 

 

Kyunghee’s grip on the bed sheet tightened as the doctor spoke to her and her family, Ahyeon had still not come back from downstairs and that worried her a bit.

“High risk?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yes, vice president’s pregnancy is quite…sensitive. We aren’t suggesting her to be on bed rest, but it’s best for her not to move around as much. Since, she’s still in the early stages of the pregnancy, we want to make sure that the baby is healthy and that she is well also.”

“Bed rest?” Kyunghee was stunned.

“Darling, please don’t argue with the doctor.”

“Eomma, if I’m not allowed to move around, what’s going to happen to IBK?” She asked.

“Vice president, it’s crucial that…you wont go to work. You mustn’t be exposed to a lot of stress, and traveling back and forth from your office to the house might endanger you both. It’s a high risk pregnancy.”

Kyunghee exhaled and looked away, she crossed her arms and looked at the window.

“Listen to the doctor, Angela.” Mr. Park said softly. Kyunghee looked at Chanyeol, then at her parents.

“So, what should we do? Chanyeol still has months left in graduate school.”

The Parks stared at each other in silence and the doctor politely stepped out of the room.

“I guess…it’s time to..prepare the compay…for Ahyeon?” Mr. Park spoke, unsure.

“If she doesn’t bolt as soon as she hears this.” Chanyeol nodded before grinning at his sibling, Kyunghee sighed at him.

“Alison it is.”

 

 

Kyunghee looked up from her phone as she heard the double doors open. Three men in dark suits walked in, they bowed politely in greeting.

“What’s this? Is this a hospital.” She said to them in a teasing tone, then a familiar face walked in.

“Angela,” He spoke as he rushed towards her and enveloping her in a tight hug, she sighed and patted his back gently.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired, that’s all.”

“A little?” He asked as he let go of her, he sat down on the bed to meet her gaze evenly.

“This is your version of a little tired?” He queried again as he gestured around the room, his bodyguards discreetly left the room, Kyunghee gave him a small smile before taking his hand in hers.

“I’m really okay, Do Kyungsoo-ssi.” She said in a joking tone, but he looked serious.

“I wanted to do it together. Telling your parents about us and the baby. I’m…so sorry.” He spoke, his voice deeper than usual.

“You were in Germany, I understand. I’m sure they will too.”

“I want them to like me, not think about how neglectful I am leaving you like this.” He said carefully, Kyunghee could see how this was eating him inside. She leaned over and made the male look at her.

“Neglectful? You’ve been doing a lot for me, carrying some business deals that I can’t. Driving me to sites I’m not familiar with. And, buying me food.” She said with a warm smile.

“I should have been here.” He insisted, she nodded back.

“You’re here now. So, everything’s okay.” She assured him, the male let out a sigh before leaning over to plant a kiss on her forehead.

“I’d like to be introduced properly. Can we do that?”

 

 

“I thought you two were..best buddies.” Suho said as they reached the hospital’s front, Jongin had left her with the older male, claiming that he had a meeting.

“Yeah, I thought so too.” She murmured as she looked at the building’s entrance, she was confused to see the small crowd of reporters.

“I guess they heard about your sister. Should I drive to the basement instead?” Suho asked as he put the Jaguar on neutral.

“Please?” She says, Suho nodded, he shifted gears and drove around the building.

“You really don’t know who the father might be?” She asked him as they reached the basement, Suho nodded back.

“Kyunghee..is never the type to chat about things. She usually opens up when she wants to. But I never heard about a guy or someone special.” Suho recounted as the car pulled to a halt in front of the sliding doors. Ahyeon was about to open her door, but he slid down and walked around the car. Suho opened the door for her.

“That’s difficult then.”

“You’re not really enjoying this, huh?” Suho asked as he took her bag of snacks from the backseat, Alison took it from him and pulled her jacket closer to her frame.

“You think?” She replies, Suho glanced around them, his brows rose briefly.

“Do you want me to walk you~”

“Nope.” She replied as she turned for the doors, not bothering to look at him as she spoke.

“You’re welcome, Alison. I’m glad I drove you back here.” Suho commented dryly, but he had this look of amusement on his face as the girl padded away from him.

“Yep. And, it’s Ahyeon.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++