010

Moonlight

“Onions? Why do we need a lot of onions?” Ahyeon voiced out, the three siblings were at the supermarket, doing some grocery shopping.

“You can only complain if you’re the cook, in this case, you’re not, noona.” Chanyeol grinned as he pushed the cart forward, Alison rolled her eyes at him. Angela was walking ahead of them, checking on the items on her list.

“How are you? How’s work?” Chanyeol asked the older girl, she snorted.

“Instead of asking me that, how about you hurry up with school? You’re the son.” She pointed out as Angela put a packet of seasoning and salt on the cart.

“You’re still the older one, noona.” Chanyeol chuckled as he grabbed a bag of chips.

“Sorry I’m late, I had to finish up some work.” Kyungsoo approached them. Chanyeol greeted him with a wave, he had to nudge Alison so that she would say hi.

“He’s cooking tonight, Alison. So, be nice.” Kyunghee said jokingly as she hooked arms with the male, Alison rolled her eyes but sent Kyungsoo a thumbs up.

“I’ve always been nice.”

“Sure, to animals.” Kyunghee replied, Chanyeol guffawed.

“Noona, don’t you think Ali noona should date already?” Chanyeol joked as they moved along, Ahyeon sent him a dry look, Kyungsoo grinned at her.

“Why? Do you actually think she never went out with anyone while she was away? Jeju’s a big place, baby boy.” Angela shot back, teasing her sister. Alison paused briefly, her finergs curled around the cart’s handle.

“Did you have a boy~Ha! You already have one don’t you?” Chanyeol balked at her, to which she slapped his arm to shush him.

“Drop it or I’ll scratch your car, baby boy.” She said darkly before leaving them.

 

 

“I’ll get it!” Kyunghee volunteered as she raced out of the living room, Chanyeol scratched the back of his head as he watched her. She wasn’t supposed to run. Kyungsoo was in the kitchen, busy with preparing dinner, while Ahyeon was somewhere around the house, not wanting to be disturbed.

“Suho!”

Chanyeol walk towards the foyer and saw the older male talking with his sister, he had a huge white paper bag with him.

“Hyung, what brings you here?”

“Alison, actually.” He spoke, the older twin blinked.

“Is it work?”

“No, she actually~”

“Dude!” Ahyeon appeared out of nowhere, Chanyeol grew amused and went back to the kitchen to help the other male.

“D—Dude? Do you call him that at work too?” Kyunghee was flabbergasted, Suho chuckled while being led to the living room.

“I don’t, duh.” Alison grinned as she sat down, Suho set the paper bag down on the glass table and laid out an array of six phones.

Kyunghee grow more confused as she watched her friend.

“Hyung, stay for dinner!” Chanyeol called out, the twins nodded at him.

“What’s this? Are you…testing out phones? Or..starting a review channel?” Kyunghee voiced out as she picked up one of the boxes, it was the latest smartphone from Samsung.

“I need a new one, unnie. Mine broke. Or I lost it.” Ahyeon shrugged at her, the older girl turned to Suho.

“And you had the company’s chairman to deliver them to you?” She voiced, Alison looked up from the box she was examining.

“Yeah.”

“Wow.” She muttered, Suho gave her a small nod, signaling for her to let it go.

“Choose whatever you want, I don’t know what type of phone you want so, I asked them to just…put whatever’s new in the box.” He spoke to her, Ahyeon grinned and chose the one with a larger screen.

“I’ll take this, thanks, Taylor Swift.” She chuckled before opening the box.

“It’s not like I have a choice, young miss.” Suho replied, she grinned at him before switching it on. Kyunghee’s brows rose briefly, she glanced at her friend then at his sister.

“Did your parents like the coffee buns?” She asked conversationally.

“They did. Thanks.”

“Wow, chummy. Nice. Should I be worried? She’s a migraine, Suho.” Kyunghee said jokingly, the male shook her head.

“She’s okay. Alison’s cool.”

“Of course, I am. Duh.” The younger twin answered just as Kyungsoo called them to dining room.

“Join us for dinner,” Kyunghee nudged him as they stood up.

“Sure, I’ll catch up.” He smiled and nodded for her to go first. Alison stood up, she righted her shirt before looking at him.

“Let’s eat.” She urged him, but Suho gently took her arm.

“Can…I talk to you?” He asked, Ahyeon narrowed her eyes at him, but she nodded. The doorbell rang, and Chanyeol volunteered to get it.

“About the other day, with that girl.”

“Oh, the day we held hands?” She shuddered as a joke, but Suho didn’t react, she paused.

“I might need your help in the future~”

“Noona, it’s for you! He says he’s a close friend!” Chanyeol called, Ahyeon was about to move then a familiar stepped into the living room. Ahyeon halted, her eyes widened.

“He’s here for you.” Chanyeol said before going back to the dining room, Suho looked at the male.

“I kept on calling you, why aren’t you picking up? I miss hearing your voice.”

 

 

Kai yawned as he stepped down from his car, Kyunghee had called asking him to join them for dinner since Suho was already there. He parked beside his cousin’s Audi but something made him stop, there was a hideously orange Lamborghini parked beside Chanyeol’s G Class, he approached the vehicle and leaned down to examine the plate.

“Oh, no.” He dashed towards the house, he typed in the code and marched into the house.

“Alison! You~” He halted when he saw the male standing right across his friend, Suho was beside Alison, looking a little confused.

“I just wanted to talk, Ahyeon-ah. Please don’t do this.” He was about to reach for her, Ahyeon flinched and moved back. Suho noticed that, he looked at the male again and then his cousin appeared out of nowhere.

“How brave you to show your face here.” Kai hissed just as the male toppled over to coffee table with a crash, Kai shook his fist before before getting off him.

“Kai!”

“You’re asking her to talk to you? Do you think she’s stupid?” He spat as he kicked the male’s gut.

“Jongin-ah.” Suho spoke, warning him, Ahyeon stood frozen as she looked at the male on the floor, he was smiling while dabbing on the blood from the side of his lip.

“What’s going~” Chanyeol halted when he saw the mess, Kyunghee followed him and was stunned to see the broken table and the stranger on the floor.

“Call security, have them kick him out of the house.” Kai spat, he was about to raise his leg again but Suho moved forward and pushed back.

“Stop.” He said, his tone firm. Kai’s jaw clenched and his eyes went to Ahyeon again, she had turned pale.

“You don’t have to comfort me, hyung.” He shook him off, and then the male stood up.

“I see you’re still the same, you always meddle into her affairs.” He spoke as he straightened his necktie, his eyes went to Ahyeon again. The girl pulled back, Suho noticed how her eyes widened as the male stepped towards her again.

She was flinching as he stood before her.

 

 

“Ahyeon, please, come with me and let’s talk.”

Ahyeon didn’t speak, she was looking at the floor, Suho saw how her fingers were shaking badly. He exhaled and slowly between the male and the girl.

“I don’t think she wants to as of the moment. Can you leave the house now?” He said diplomatically, the male eyed him warily and he smirked.

“So, this is it, Park Ahyeon? You’ve found my replacement?” He yelled, Kyungsoo appeared, his forehead creased as he took in the scene.

“Get the out.” Kai hissed, Chanyeol stood beside the younger male, not wanting him to attack again.

“Please leave. Clearly, she doesn’t want to talk.” Suho said again in his usual calm tone.

“I’m not talking to you, how about you get out of~”

“What is it to you?” Ahyeon finally spoke, Kai tensed, the girl sidestepped Suho and looked at the male.

“What is it to you? Who said you were irreplaceable?” She asked him, Suho was about to step back but he felt Ahyeon’s fingers lace with his.

“Oppa, you should leave. Clearly, nobody wants you here.” She said, Suho couldn’t help but notice how cold her palm was against his.

“You have no idea what you’re getting into, Park Ahyeon. You know what I have on you.” He said to her, Ahyeon shook her head.

“Ya, Kim Soohyun, you better leave before we call the cops on you. Unless, you want to renew your stay in jail again? Because, we can arrange that too.” Kai stated flatly, the male exhaled, he stepped back from the girl and walked out of the house.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++