001

Moonlight

“I am starting to regret our decision to buy this one,” The girl said as they stepped out of the room, the male beside her chuckled softly.

“It’s normal to have renovations and other repairs, Angel.” He said to her, she shook her head.

“It’s going to cost a lot, sure, we did manage to rake in a lot during the Christmas season.” She spoke as they approached the elevators.

“But, it’s all just going to the renovations. I just don’t understand how Lotte let this on. Not even one upgrade since 2001? Crazy.” She shook her head, her high ponytail swung back and forth briefly.

“And that’s why we bought it, miss Park. Relax.” The male said to her, she snorted back at him.

“That’s what my brother said too, you know. The problem here is that, it’s like we caught all their problems. It’s a headache, chairman Kim.”

The male grinned at her, the doors pinged open and he gestured for her to go in first.

“But, you enjoy visiting.” He chimed in as the doors closed.

“Junmyeon-ah, would you rather I cry while riding a carousel?” She dropped the formalities now that there were alone, the older male shrugged at him.

“It seems like something Chanyeol would do on a dare. How is he? How’s graduate school for him?”

“I rarely see him lately. I’ll give him a call later.” The doors opened again, the girl glanced at him again.

“What is it?” He asked her.

“Don’t we have that alumni reunion thing this weekend? Are you going to attend?” She asked as he walked her to the doors.

“Want me to pick you up?”

“I’ll give you a call, I don’t feel like going.” She said as the black Maserati sedan pulled over.

“See you then, Park Kyunghee.” Suho gave her a small wave before she turned away from him.
 

 

“Two ice lattes and one ice Americano for table three. Alison!”

The girl with deep burgundy hair looked up from the table she was serving before calling an audible yes. She placed the customers’ drinks on their table before rushing back towards the counter again.

“Ya,” The barista nudged her as she gathered the drinks on the tray.

“What is it?” She asked her before moving, the other girl jutted her lips towards behind her, Alison paused and followed her gaze. She was pointing towards the group of young males on table six.

“Why? Did they not order yet?” She sighed before tucking her hair behind her ear.

“No, they’ve been staring, no, ogling at you ever since they walked in here. Why don’t you go say hi?”

“They look like pugs, unnie.” She shuddered before walking away from her and started to serve table three their drinks.

Alison turned her heels towards the counter again but someone blocked her way, she paused and looked up to meet the male’s gaze.

“Do you need anything?” She asked politely, the male smiled in a greasy manner before reaching for her hand and placing a piece of paper in her palm.

“Call me after you get off work, pretty face.” He winked at her, Alison wanted to scream in disgust.

“Sure, what time works for you, stud?” She replied to him, the male’s grin widened.

“I’m good anytime, sweetheart.”

“Good, because,” She tore the paper to pieces before speaking again.

“It’s not going to happen, sweetheart.” She chuckled before sidestepping him.

 

 

“Oh, hyung,”

Suho looked up from his cup of tea just as the younger male sat across him.

“You just got back?” Suho asked him as the male shook off his jacket.

“Spain was delightful. But I was buried with work, so, blech.” His cousin, Kim Jongin made a face as he leaned back on his seat.

“I attended the same conference last year, it wasn’t that bad.” He said as he took a small sip from his drink.

“Hyung, you’re not so bad, is torture for me.”

“Well, Kim Jongin can’t be tamed.” He said jokingly, the other male laughed.

“I heard the Lotte thing has been getting attention.”

“Yes, I’m working on it with Angela.”

“Kyunghee noona took over the project? I thought it was going to be her father.” He said as he picked up the menu.

“No, it’s all her now.”

“It’s a good thing you two were it he same department back in college then.” Jongin nodded back.

“Well, it is quite easy talking to her, it’s just Kyunghee.”

“But, hyung, I meant another thing when I said the project has been getting attention.” Kai said with a grin that his cousin knew so well. Suho sighed and gestured for him to continue.

“People are speculating that the two of you are being paired up. You know, some sort of political partnership being whipped up in a huge business deal that involves an amusement park.” Jongin said teasingly.

“Kyunghee’s like a sister to me, Kai.” He said exasperatedly, Suho was getting a little tired of people teasing him about Angela.

“That has been going on ever since you two crossed paths in college, hyung.”

“Stop it. Kyunghee’s a good friend, she’s actually very helpful, unlike you.”

Kai rolled his eyes at him.

“You should meet her other half then, she’s another story.” The younger male said to himself with a small laugh.

 

 

“Chanyeol? Are you in?” Kyunghee said as she knocked on the door, after a few seconds it was opened, revealing her tired looking brother.

“When did you get in? Have you eaten?” She asked as she walked in his room.

“I ate on my way home, noona. How was your day?” He asked as he plopped down on the bed in a lazy manner.

“It was fine, Suho sends his regards.”

Chanyeol gave her a thumbs up as he browsed through his phone.

“Have you heard from Ahyeon lately?”

“Ali noona called me last week. She told me not to worry and that she’s still breathing.” Chanyeol recited, Kyunghee sent him a look. Chanyeol sighed, he put his phone down to face his sibling.

“She’s doing well, noona. I mean, she doesn’t feel like going home. Why bother her?”

“It’s going to be eomma’s birthday soon, I just wish she could attend, you know.”

“Ali noona hates parties.”

“Yes, but, it has been a while since she last visited.”

“She was here at my birthday. That was just two months~”

“I get it!” She slapped his arm, Chanyeol chuckled before giving his sister a quick hug.

“You have to stop worrying about her, she’s fine and she’s safe. Isn’t that the only thing that matters?”

“Yes, but I miss having her around. The two of us are both too boring.”

“Wait, noona, you’re the boring one. All you do is work, just like Suho hyung.” He snorted at her, Angela shook her head at him.

“Can you tell me if she calls you again? I’d love to speak with Ahyeon.”

“Why? She blocked you again?” Chanyeol looked at the older girl.

“Well, I was worried about her living arrangements so, I sent her some furniture.”

“Noona, how can you not get it? The rule with her is not to send her things. And well, not interfere with her life in Jeju.”

“She’s living in a shared apartment. It’s scary, Chanyeol.”

“She’s scarier than most things, noona.” He chuckled heartily, Kyunghee shook her head but couldn’t help laugh along with her brother.

“I wish she was home more though, Ali noona knows how to start a party.”

“Or a riot.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++