-2-

Meeting You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unfortunately for Irene, the contact for 'bear' was unavailable when she tried to text back. She seemed to have wiped out all traces of herself. Even the bank account that she used to transfer her money was listed as unknown for security reasons. Irene thought they would never meet again until one fateful day.

 

Irene exited into the lobby of the high-end hotel after another hangout session with a lonely businessman. This was the easiest but most draining job because they would go on endlessly about their life and ideologies. Irene wasn’t interested in those things, just their money. Irene could never understand why these people would put money over relationships. If only they had not focused too much on their business, maybe they would’ve gotten married and have children by now instead of being lonely, whiney men.

 

Irene headed to the café in the lobby to get a cup of tea. She needed to relax with her own thoughts after hearing the man rant for 3 hours. She looked around nonchalantly, her eyes following every branded item that appears through the front door. Since the start of her ‘services’, Irene had learnt how to spot those who were worth to talk to and those who weren’t.

 

“Ooh~ A Rolex Cellini Moonphase; 35K” Irene hummed. Sitting opposite from the café counter, she spotted a woman who was ordering. Her eyes then left her watch and scrutinized the lady’s dressing from the bottom up.

 

“Louis Vuitton upper case flat loafers, Balmain suit, Gucci sunglasses… Oh!... Oh~ My jackpot~” Irene grinned.

 

Irene saw the woman leave the counter. She then took this chance to ask the barista more about the woman.

 

“Oh? you mean Ms. Kang?”

 

“Ms. Kang?”

 

“Ms. Kang Seulgi. She’s the youngest CEO of the Samsung Group. Did you not know? She was promoted to CEO 2 years ago if I am not wrong.”

 

Irene’s jaw almost dropped. She never knew because she never bothered to follow these kinds of news. Now that the barista had said it, she did remember seeing something about Seulgi in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter