Chapter 2

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The luminance in the room, filtering through the window made Seo Hyun stir in her sleep. She wanted to sleep more. Last night she had trouble sleeping, well why wouldn’t she? She was exhausted from chasing away all the bad memories. Whenever she closed her eyes, it was a trip down to the memory lane. She knows that she wasn’t wrong; she knows that she made the righteous decision. She couldn’t bear spending another second with that man. She hates him but she herself more than him because she just can’t stop overthinking and she was doing it again. Her eyes fluttered open and she stared at the ceiling till reality hit her.

Slowly, Seo Hyun sat up and tied her hair in a ponytail. Folding the duvet, she went to the bathroom to splash water on her face. The cold water sent chills down her spine. She sighed when she watched her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were red and swollen and eye bags were visible. Her rosy lips seemed to have lost their color. Her impassive face reminded her of the fact that she had forgotten herself in midst of forgetting him. The worst thing was that she was well aware of the fact that she had stopped caring for herself.

Seo Hyun finally decided to go out after dressing up properly. She wasn’t surprised to see that it was just thirty minutes past seven. She had actually slept better the night before and it was all thanks to her brother. She didn’t want to be lazy and take advantage of her brother’s request to stay with him. She didn’t want to trouble him and be a liability. She wanted to make a fresh start and she was an able, independent woman to do so. She made a mental note to talk about this with Chanyeol.

As she stepped in the living room, two pairs of eyes landed on her. The two males suddenly went silent on seeing the female in the room. Chanyeol smiled at her and kept the spoon he was holding aside and went to hug his sister, while the other male just smiled a little. “You should have slept more? Why did you wake up so early?” He frowned and folded his arms. “I got enough sleep, Chan. I actually feel better than yesterday.” She tried to smile at the tall male. “Before I forget, this is my roommate, Byun Baekhyun. I told you about him on the phone.” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who got up from his seat. “Hello. Nice to have you here.” The brown-haired man had eyes which had shone brighter than the sun and his smile felt….warm.

Seo Hyun had heard about Baekhyun a lot. Chanyeol always used to blabber about his new roommate every time he opened his mouth. She teased Chanyeol about Baekhyun being his new girlfriend. She had been eager to meet the guy who made her brother a fan after only a meeting. He looked friendly and sweet. She just half-smiled at him and then looked at her brother. “Are you both leaving for university? “She enquired as she saw them clad in suits. “Yup.”Both of them answered at the same time and she understood why they were good friends.

 

Before both of them left, Chanyeol had already made breakfast for her and told her to rest in the afternoon. After both of them took leave for their school she took a good look of the surroundings. Everything was out of place as it had been yesterday and the last time she visited her brother. There were times she questioned herself but the attribute she absolutely loved about herself was being meticulous, be it at work or at home. She didn’t like the mess in the apartment. She had nothing to do and this was the least she could do so she decided to clean the apartment. It would help her as a distraction and well help her brother too.

She started with Chanyeol’s room. All his shirts were piled up in the corner of the room. His study table was a mess. All the stationary was spilled on the table and all the answer sheets were stacked untidily.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter