Chapter 6

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She kissed him on the lips. He smiled against her lips and then pulled her into a hug. “I am never letting you go. You better be prepared because I’m going to be with you till the end.” He whispered in her ear and she tightened her grip around her.

Seo Hyun jolted up and sat up. She looked up at the clock which showed it was still midnight. She sighed and tied her in a ponytail. She knew that she wouldn’t be able to sleep again so she headed outside. She went towards the balcony and dragged a chair with her. She draped a shawl on her shoulders and looked at the stars. She tried to figure out different constellations like Chanyeol had told her. When they were kids, they would go for star-gazing. Chanyeol had always loved studying about stars. He used to point the constellations in the night sky and make imaginary lines, joining the stars to make different figures. This was the childhood leisure for both of them.

She snapped out of the daze at the sound of a door opening. “What are you doing so late out here in the cold?” A sleepy Baekhyun appeared in her sight. He was wearing his pyjamas and warm shirt with a teddy bear on it. He ran his fingers through his disheveled hair and squinted his eyes to look at Seo Hyun. She thought he looked cute and secretly smiled to herself. She felt like tackling him in a bear hug and kissing his nose. She shook her head to shut off her thoughts. “I wasn’t able to sleep so I decided to do some star-gazing.” She replied and smiled at him. The male brought his shirt closer to him to prevent the cold. He seemed more awake now. “Want some coffee?” He asked and the female nodded.

It wasn’t long when the boy appeared with two mugs of coffee. The warmth of the mug was relaxing. She took a sip and the warm liquid warmed her insides. “Why did you wake up?” She looked towards him and sipped the beverage. “My parents video called me. My brother and sister-in-law were awake too. They recently had a baby girl. We have named her So hee. For some reason she stops crying when I sing, so I had to sing for the little princess.” He chuckled as he explained. Seo Hyun giggled listening to the whole incident. “I guess you have fans of every age.” She joked and he smiled. “That is my charm. I can capture everyone’s heart.” He winked and she looked at him in disbelief.

“You can never really stop with your conceited remarks, can you?”

“Can’t help it.”

There was a moment of silence. One could hear the sighs of the two adults and the sipping of the coffee. “So, a music professor? How’s it?” Seo Hyun broke the silence with her question. “It’s wonderful for me. I don’t know about the students. I really enjoy talking about something I love. Checking the assignments and the projects is hectic but apart from that, it is a beautiful experience. What is it like being a head chef? ”It was his turn to ask a question from her. “As music is to you, cooking is to me. I have been working as a head chef for four years now and it feels like yesterday when I started my career as a chef. Every day you get to learn something new. Seeing people enjoy my food feels good.” Seo Hyun confessed.

Silence lapsed again. Seo Hyun felt awkward, she liked silence when she was alone but if she is in the company of others she likes to talk. “We haven’t been able to talk much since you arrived here, so why don’t we ask random questions from each other?” He looked at her for approval. She thought about it and it sounded like a good idea to her. “I’ll go first. Tell me about the most embarrassing thing Chanyeol had done. I know it is not about you but I want to tease Chanyeol about it.” He sheepishly grinned at her. “The most embarrassing thing that Chanyeol has ever done was to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter