Chapter 9

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And believe me when I say you deserve the world. You are the bravest and the kindest soul I’ve ever met and I respect you for that. I admire how you take care of everyone around you at the same time looking after yourself.

“Seo Hyun.”

I admire how you work hard every day, how you decided to stay strong and face the damn world.

“Seo Hyun.”

I admire how small things make you happy and how you manage to keep everyone around you happy.

“Seo Hyun.”

So don’t you dare say that you don’t deserve anything.

“Seo Hyun!”

Seo Hyun snapped out of her daze, her cheeks reflecting different hues of red. “Where is your mind these days?” Sehun folded his arms and raised an eyebrow in a questioning way. “W-What are you s-saying?” Seo Hyun grabbed the glass bowl to mix the batter of the cake but Sehun was faster than her and hid the bowl behind his back. Seo Hyun didn’t protest and decided to chop the vegetables. “Oh! Come on; is it Chanyeol or your parents or something to do with the fact that I saw you hugging Baekhyun in the backyard of your house?” Sehun questioned and Seo Hyun choked on her saliva. She looked at Sehun with wide eyes and kicked his shin.

“How the hell do you know that?” She whispered while Sehun rubbed his shin, glaring at her. “So it is about that.” He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. “I have to say Baekhyun is really romantic. If I was gay, I would have married him already.” He said making her cringe. “I’m serious.”

“But why don’t you date him?” He asked her as he mixed the batter. “It’s complicated.” She mumbled and sighed. Baekhyun is just amazing. She can actually picture herself with Baekhyun. Especially after that night, she can’t stop thinking about him. His words evoked the self-dependent woman inside her. It woke up the real her inside her. She was washed with a new surge of confidence. “Nothing is complicated, unless you make it complicated.” He suddenly spoke and winked at her.

“You sound like a saint.”

 

It had been a long day. It was a big day for all the workers. Some kind of food television channel had to film an episode of their show here. The workers couldn’t be any prouder and being the head chef, Seo Hyun had to ensure the food was remarkable and the environment was even better. She even interacted with the hosts of the show and was on TV. She couldn’t wait to tell Chanyeol about it and about it. The man was on a trip with his students to some kind of heritage site and will return tomorrow. She wasn’t able to reach him. Now all Seo Hyun wanted to do was going home and sleep.

“No!” Baekhyun screamed at the top of his voice at the television not aware how loud his voice was. “How can they let him win? He doesn’t deserve this!” He yelled again in disbelief and stuffed a handful of chips into his mouth. The reason why he didn’t watch singing shows because they would always award the wrong candidate. It would get on his nerves and he wouldn’t stop ranting about it. He was going to yell again when he was interrupted by the sound of opening the door. His eyes met Seo Hyun’s and he smiled at her.

“How was your day? How did it go? You didn’t poison them, right?” His questions made her glare at him and she shook her head. “It went well. They liked our food and even appreciated my skills. It was nice being on TV. And did you contact Chanyeol?” She answered and threw him a question. “I did. He said that he was having fun and he started whining when I told him that you would be on TV.” He chuckled as Seo Hyun removed her coat and sat on the couch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter