Chapter 10

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Out of all the festivals, Seo Hyun loved Christmas the most. She remembers the Christmas nights when she would wait for Santa Claus, hiding behind the sofa or somewhere near the fireplace. It wasn’t long when she would fall asleep and her father who used to dress as Santa would smile at lovingly and carry her back to her bedroom and keep the gift beside her. Her Christmas was almost ruined one day when Chanyeol spied on Santa and almost unveiled his father’s disguise. He got good punches the next day by his sister. She still likes to believe in Santa and she would like to keep it like this.

Her favorite part obviously has to do something with kitchen. She loved making cookies, turkey and pudding. She never let Chanyeol touch any dish because the guy would just drool while looking at the food and gulp down everything before anyone found it out. Christmas dinners with her family were just full of giggles, teasing and love. They would sometimes reminisce about the memorable events of the year or talk about what’s next. She liked decorating the Christmas tree without Chanyeol. He would always hang the items in a haphazard way but she liked the little items that he would make to decorate the tree. This almost melts her heart and she thinks about changing her mind but then she remembers that he would purposefully hang the items high so that she wouldn’t reach it.

It is that time of the year again. Lights and glitter everywhere, people crowding the streets to celebrate twenty-fifth December. She couldn’t be happier but the fact that she had a bad cold ruined everything. Her nose was continuously producing phlegm making it difficult to breath and her hands and feet were frozen. Her nose was red and her eyes were droopy. She wanted to enjoy for a single day considering the fact her parents, Baekhyun’s family and Sehun were here but the only thing she could do was stand in the corner of the room and continuously wipe her nose. She didn’t allow anyone to come near her as she didn’t want to ruin anybody else’s day.

Her mother was setting up the table for dinner with Baekhyun’s mother and her father was having a chat with Chanyeol, Sehun and Baekhyun. It’s been six months since Baekhyun confessed and her feelings just kept on getting bigger and deeper for him. She thought that it was just a mere crush when it clearly wasn’t. Baekhyun still talks with her as if nothing happened. It’s like he has moved on and it hurts her. Her eyes were fixed on Baekhyun who looked cute in the red sweater that his mother knitted for him. He had plans for Christmas. He had thought of visiting his parents but they surprised him by their arrival here.

She decided to sit beside Baekhyun’s sister-in-law, Hyojung. A little conversation she had with her led to a friendship between them. She discovered that Hyojung works as an architect and that she also has a younger brother. They both complained about their brothers and the rest is history. It was only when Hyojung needed to use the washroom when she got a chance to play with her daughter, So Hee. She had never seen such a cute baby before and she just wanted to steal it from them. Shaking away all the sinister thoughts from her mind she busied herself with the baby. She didn’t notice the loving glances of Baekhyun who had to remind himself not to stare at Seo Hyun like a creep.

It was only a little later she bumped into Baekhyun’s mother in the kitchen. The woman was short-heighted and her resemblance to Baekhyun was obvious. Her eyes would become crescent shaped when she smiled and her smile was similar to Baekhyun’s. Seo Hyun swore that she was the funniest woman she has ever met. It was crystal-clear that she hated seriousness and was made of sheer optimism. Seo Hyun learned so much about cooking from her and she was grateful for that. “What do you think about Baekhyun?” The lady suddenly questioned making Seo Hyun flinch in surprise. She was speechless and she opened and closed it again not sure what to say.

“Don’t think that I didn’t notice how you’ve been looking at him since I arrived here.” She smiled at her and Seo Hyun just fiddled with her fingers not knowing what to say or do. “Everyone here knows that you are fond of him. It’s visible in your eyes.” Seo Hyun hid her face in embarrassment. “Is it that obvious?” She whispered and Baekhyun’s mother just giggled. “It is all right. It is nothing to be embarrassed of. Has Baekhyun ever told you about his father? He used to follow me day and night until I said yes to go out with him.” She spoke making Seo Hyun chuckle. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter