Chapter 5

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She spoke to him before the world fell apart.

Hey, are you still asleep?

Thomas shifted in his bed, felt darkness around him like air turned solid, pressing in.

Seo Hyun got goose bumps as she continued reading the ‘holy book’. It’s been a while since she read Scorch Trials. Who doesn’t love The Maze Runner Series? She remembers spending her pocket money to buy the books. The last time she read the book, she was nineteen. Adventure thrillers and sci-fi were her things. She even attempted writing a fan fiction about it but after the disaster it turned out to be, she swore never to disturb the purity of this book.

No matter how many times she reads it, she can’t get enough of it. Books were her favorite heaven. Just how the strings of words made her smile enthralled her. One of her goals is to write a book before she dies. After books, her favorite comfort was chocolates. Who doesn’t love chocolates? Her love for chocolates was evident from the fact that she was eating chocolate while reading the books. Seeing her favorite books in Baekhyun’s room made her nostalgic. It was hard to resist the temptation so she decided to read it. She just wished Baekhyun wouldn’t mind it.

 

Baekhyun was exhausted. He couldn’t walk properly. The pain was shooting all the way from his neck to his limbs. He swore to God that he would never go out on a date with that lady again in his life. That was the biggest mistake of his life. He just wanted to go and hit the bed. He could barely keep his eyes open. He was grateful for the fact that tomorrow is Sunday and he doesn’t have to go to school. He took little steps as he entered the apartment and threw its key on the couch. His eyes landed on the girl who had been staying with them for three weeks now.

She was all snuggled up in the blankets on her bed. Her concentration was on the book which she was holding, her brows furrowed. Slowly she took a bite of the chocolate she was holding in her hand. She looked too cute to be ignored and Baekhyun couldn’t stop himself from smiling. He totally forgot about his exhaustion and walked towards her room. He stood by the door frame and knocked on her door. The first time he did it, she didn’t pay attention so he decided to call her name. The light brown eyes met his dark brown eyes. Her cute expression sparked something inside him which he couldn’t explain. Maybe it was because of the fact that he had a horrible date and because of it he was hallucinating and feeling ‘things’.

“How was your date?” Seo Hyun propped her face on her hands and leaned forward. “Don’t ask me about it. It went horrible. It was the worst date I’ve ever gone to.” He replied and lied down on the edge of the bed. Seo Hyun frowned. “What happened? What did you do?” She folded her arms. “It’s not what I did. It’s what Lizzy did. I picked up her at house and then took her to the movie as it was decided. It was going well but then she started getting too close to me, her hands going different places. I felt attacked and uncomfortable so I yanked her hand away but then she started crying so I apologized to her. She said she wanted to go to the club so I took her there but then she was too close to me and she was dancing so hard that hair kept on slapping me. She got so drunk that I had to carry her home. I was so scared that I ran away from there. I think she is just a pretty singer.” He finished and sighed.

Seo Hyun was trying to hold back her laughter. She felt horrible for Baekhyun but at the same time the whole incident was really funny. Baekhyun on hearing no response from the girl and looked at her. “Are you laughing?” No longer did Baekhyun say this than she started laughing. “You think this is funny?!!” He looked at her in disbelief. “I’m s-sorry; I couldn’t stop m-myself.” She said in between the laughs. He glared at her and threw a pillow at her. She couldn’t dodge and continued laughing.

“What are you reading?” He tried to change the topic. Seo Hyun had calmed down by then and returned to the normal state. She laughed one last time but Baekhyun silenced her with his glare. “The Scorch Trials.” She showed him the book. “I’m sorry I took it from your shelf. I am a nerd and I love books so I couldn’t stop myself.” She smiled sheepishly at him. “It’s alright. I am a er for books too. I was disappointed when I learned that Chanyeol hated reading. I wanted to kill him.” He said. “I understand you completely. He had even torn some of my books. We should make a plan to make him read one someday. You know what, let’s do that.” She said which made Baekhyun sit up. “We should do that.” He high-fived with her.

“I was surprised when I found a book in your room. You don’t look like someone who reads books.” She confessed. “I have heard that a lot of times. It was when I was nine, I go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter