Chapter 4

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of spices filled the air. Serving the noodles in two bowls, Seo Hyun filled two glasses with coffee. Seo Hyun was never satisfied with her cooking. She always competed with herself to cook better dishes and even made some new ones. Sometimes, she even impressed herself. Whenever she entered any kitchen, she knows that she owns that place. She charms everyone with her cooking skills. This was her heaven, of course after books. Only a few get to do what they love, and she is one of them.

She snapped out of thoughts when two males entered the living room. She wished them ‘Good Morning’ with a smile, catching them off guard with sudden change in the female’s mood. Their eyes widened on seeing the dishes ‘royally’ set before them. Their mouths watered in response and they were wide awake now. “Did you wake up early to make all this?” Chanyeol asked as he took a seat. Seo Hyun nodded her head and urged them to taste it. Baekhyun moaned in delight after just having a bite. It didn’t surprise her though; she was used to this. Baekhyun savored the flavors in his mouth and enjoyed the dish to the fullest.

“It is delicious. I’ve never tasted something like this!” He exclaimed with his mouth full. “But what’s the occasion?” Chanyeol asked the real question. Seo Hyun hesitated before answering. She tends to overthink things. She had thought about every reason not to go but she was going because she also thought about every legitimate reason to go. It was a huge progress for her. She had thought about it the whole day yesterday and today is the day she’s going to implement it. “I’m going back to the restaurant.” She spoke and suddenly everything went still. Two pairs of eyes scrutinized her making her conscious of herself. Chanyeol tackled her in a bear hug and kissed her forehead. “I am so happy to hear that. I totally support you.”

Chanyeol couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He knew Seo Hyun was strong but she needed time. He was happy that she was making every effort to move on, to make everything all right and to smile again bit by bit. It was big news for him as well as for others who knew her. Seo Hyun smiled into the shoulder of the man, happy from the fact that she was returning.

 

“Is this where you work?” Baekhyun inquired as he scanned the restaurant. He had been to this place a lot of times and he enjoyed their food. It was sufficient, delicious and best suited for his taste. They even had pianist and a singer to perform and entertain the commoners. Seo Hyun replied with a yes and clutched her purse as memories flooded her mind. She was scared; it felt like it was the first day of work for her. She knew that there was no going back and that she had thought this through but it was difficult. Baekhyun, as if on cue, turned his head towards her. What he had noticed about Seo Hyun was that her expression was really easy to read even though she tried to hide her thoughts. “Don’t be nervous, it’ll be fine. People will say things, and let them say it because that’s what they can do. Don’t let your smile disappear because of mere words.” He advised with the smile she swore was the brightest smile she had ever seen. She simply nodded her head. “Thank you Baekhyun.”

“Can I ask you for a favor?” Baekhyun asked her. “Anything.”

“Can you get me a date with the girl who sings in your restaurant?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter