Chapter 1

With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s funny how people change. Change is good; she had heard but for her change was bad. It was loathsome. But she can’t blame a thing which is abstract, a concept which is not tangible. As far as human beings are concerned, they take time to change. Vicious creatures are stubborn and don’t like to surrender to something which is foreign. As far as she thinks she knows, he didn’t change just yesterday. Things started going down the hill a long time ago. She hadn’t seen this coming. It was unpredictable; it couldn’t have been joked about too but now it was gospel. It made her question that when behind those breathtaking kisses and sweet talks did he fall out of love.

That was what Seo yeon had been doing for the past thirty minutes, arguing with herself. She hated that her life had turned out like this. She hated the fact that this was life. The reality was so harsh that she so yearned to fly away to paradise where every story had a happy ending but as much as she hates to admit it, such a place doesn’t exist. Her eyes were fixed on the window of the taxi which was decorated with rain drops. The sky was completely filled with grey clouds with no hint of light. She never had liked the rain. It made her shiver and it is cold. She could almost hear it ridiculing her for her downfall.

Seo yeon released a puff of breath and suddenly the fatigue hit her. Her head ached and she felt nauseous. She can’t remember the last time she slept peacefully. These days, the nights were long and the days were even longer. She hasn’t been at work for too long. She wants to go there, not that she is a workaholic but she needs something to distract herself from the recent events. It was easier said than done. Facing everyone after this huge ‘mess’ as she liked to call it was difficult. The scariest creation on this earth is a human. They can crush others with their words and the last thing Seo Hyun wanted to do was to interact with them.

The taxi driver’s voice snapped her out of the daze. She recognized the familiar building which became boring the more she looked at it. Dragging her suitcase out of the taxi, she paid the man before walking towards the elevator. Pressing the key for the fifth floor, she suddenly remembered the conversation with her brother the last time she was here. She asked him why he chose the to live at the fifth floor when flats were available at the second floor. “It’s because I love heights” he had said but she knew that it was a lie because his real intention was to hit on the hot chic who lived next to his apartment.

The elevator door opened revealing the familiar door. Seo yeon dragged her suitcase out of the elevator and didn’t even hesitate to ring the bell. She tapped her foot on the floor and her grip tightened around the handle of her suitcase. The door was opened by a lanky man in his twenties, his hair disheveled and his ears poking out his hood. All his features were so beautiful but what she adored the most was his smile which was always there to cheer her up during her hard days. “Hey.” That was all he said and she broke down. He said nothing and hugged her, kissing her temple in the process. “Let’s get you inside first.” He dragged the suitcase with his right hand and his left was still intertwined with hers. Closing the door behind him, he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Seo Hyun took in the surroundings as she wiped her tears. It was still the same with the couch in the center of the room and the kitchen on its right side. She could see the two bedrooms which belonged to her brother and his roommate.

Chanyeol handed her a glass of water

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter