//Chapter VII

Wyji: Death's Kiss

| The reaper and her soul. |

— Seoul, South Korea

— Present time

It was late in the afternoon and you can feel the scorching heat of the sun outside Wyji's classroom. However, the ambiance inside feels so different, it was indeed cold and gloomy. And yes— it was the reaper's doing.

Looking outside while the sun is shining so bright irritates him. The way it scintillate the mortal world reminds him of how Alluca offers her radiant and warmth to him.

❝It's getting colder in here. It's shining so bright outside but why does it seems like our classroom's the only one who feels like this?❞ One of his classmate blurted out as he rubs her arms with both of her hands, her breath's fuming as he talks.

❝You think a ghost is in here?❞ creeping herself out, another girl stated as she looks around, sensing if there's really another element with them.

❝Oh--❞ Wyji calmed his self, inhaling air and exhaling it afterwards. A sudden change in the atmosphere filled the whole classroom. It became normal; the cold and gloomy feeling was now disappeared.

❝Eh? It's not cold anymore.❞

Everyone now in the classroom shrugs their shoulders off as if nothing happened. On the other hand, the reaper is now thinking of how he will find that human girl-- Auie.

❝AUIEEEEEE!!!❞ A shout coming from the outside startled Wyji's thought. The reaper almost fell on his seat when he saw the girl he was just thinking where and how to find, wearing the same school uniform like him.

❝What the----❞ Why didn't he notice this before? They're at the same school but he wasn't aware at all? He has seen her in a school uniform before when he save her but why? The Death God rubbed his chin. Was he too focusing on this girl's face that time? "Oh-- yeah. I reckon myself cannot take my eyes off her." He responded in his own thought.

Wyji shook his head aggressively; it is not the time for him to lost his composure. He immediately looked at where he saw Auie, good thing she is still conversing to the girl who called her, who seemed to be her classmate.

Just like a flash, the reaper was now nowhere to be found on his seat. Sealing his presence and visibility, he silently followed Auie on her way home.

AUIE is now feeling uncomfortable. It seems like someone is following her and her friend but he can't see someone from behind.

❝Auie, I'll be heading this way now. See you on school tomorrow. Bye!❞ said Auie's friend who is now walking away to the other direction.

❝Hmm. Bye! Take care, okay?❞ Auie gave her friend a beam on her lips as she waves her hands to her.

The lass can really feel someone's presence not too far from her. Little did she know, Wyji is really at her back. Amused, nervous and doesn't know what he's doing at all. He even finds himself creepy for acting like some sort of a stalker.

Auie stopped from walking and looks around. ❝Err? Why is it feels so creepy?❞ The reaper unknowingly lowered his head to level the girl's height. It's not that difficult though because she's kinda tall too.

Surprisingly, Auie turned her face around where Wyji's face covering her. The reaper blinks his eyes, so astonished that he didn't manage to look away. But what more surprised him is when Auie suddenly sneeze right in front of his face that made him blinked his eyes even faster.

❝Achoooooooo!!❞ The young girl wipes his nose as she wrinkled it like a bunny. ❝Ahhh--- that's so smooth!❞ And then she laughed all by herself.

What happened made the reaper to step back away from her. ❝Ughhh! This girl is so disgusting! She's definitely far from Alluca. Alluca is a model of finesse unlike this girl. My mistake of even thinking that she has a connection with her.❞

Still can't believe, Wyji decided to just walk back and forget about this girl. However, he just took his few steps when he turn his head and look at Auie again. ❝Hmp--- following her for a bit more is still fine right?❞

Shaking his head, the Death God followed her still, both hands inside his pocket.

❝Ahhhhhh! So cuteeeee!❞ And the reaper almost fell again upon hearing Auie screaming.

But then, seeing what Auie saw made him run and hide behind the near post with them. ❝Oh ! That was close.❞ Panting, he silently stand against it.

The reaper tried to peep to see if Auie is still there, but when he was about to, she saw Auie standing in front of him.

❝Ahhh!❞ Wyji screamed as Auie startled him from appearing so sudden.

❝Why are you following me? Are you a stalker?❞ A what-the-heck-she-can-see-me expression appears on his face, again. He lost his focus that made him lost his invisibility as well.

Auie, hand over the cat she saw and stretched out her arms to make it close to him. Wyji moved his face away for he was afraid of cats. Auie is laughing inside her mind, little did he know, she reckon him the moment she saw him. Because how can she forget the man who saved him the last moment she thought she was about to die. And that what made her smile.