//Chapter I

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i] Back then:

- London, England
- 18th century

The young lad open his eyes as the light of the morning sun strikes his cold face. With his hair still messy, he tries to fix it with his fingers, yawning at the same time.

Slowly, he walks in front of his window, enjoying the sight of the morning with it's bright sun, happy and busy people passing by. You can hear the every step of the horse carriage rushing through the town as if it's racing against the time.

"I smell death--" Wyji whispered to his self.

A kid passing through the street didn't notice the horse carriage. The one riding it immediately jump off and fell on the ground. The horses hit the kid, and the bag of apple he was carrying roll over the place. He was gone.

It was so sudden. Who would have thought that in this early morning a kid's life will be ended? Well- except him of course, who immediately saw the shadow of death following the child.

"Ahhh-- human's lifeis so short after all."

 

| Present Time |

 

❝How can humans take this?❞ Wyji throws his school bag somewhere in his room, complaining to his butler, Norico, about him going to school.

❝It is important for them, sir.❞ The man answer him straightforwardly, picking up his master's bag, while his other arm is below on his chest.

❝Please care to tell me why do I have to do this again? Do you even know how many degrees I've finished?❞ His butler did not answer him, he just look at him with no reaction at all. ❝Fine. Anything new come up?❞ The reaper asked, seating on his favorite chair while crossing his legs.

Norico, hand over a black envelop, sealed with a dark red crest. Wyji opened it with his lips slightly apart from each other. It was her— it was the girl he once loved. But why?

Why? The same question repeats on his head. Why is she here? She was dead. And why is she wearing modern clothes when she died centuries ago.

❝W-Why? Alluca?❞