//Chapter IX

Wyji: Death's Kiss

[† W y j i: CAPITULO N U E V E]

 

|De javu.|
 

— Seoul, South Korea

— Present time

 

Wyji and Auie seems like in a staring contest whom whoever blinks first is the loser. They were both staring at each other for a minute until the lass coughs and clears .

 

Tsk. Tsk. This guy is too good looking to become a stalker.

 

The reaper's eyes widen as the words Auie stated processed in his mind.

 

Pardon?

 

Pardon what?
 

You just said something. Wyji's eyebrows almost meet.

 

What did I say?

 

You just said I'm too good looking to become a stalker. The Death God cannot understand what's with this girl. If only that cat wasn't on her hands he would have just flicked this girl's forehead because he's really quite sure that something's wrong in her brain.

 

Teehee-- I'm just saying it in my mind. I didn't thought it would slipped out in my mouth. Auie then smile widely, rubbing the back of her head.
 

Just to make it clear, I'm not a stalker.

 

Then why are you following me?

 

It's uhmm— because this is also my way home. Have a problem with that? The Death God looked away, avoiding their eyes to have a direct contact. And besides, don't you remember me?

 

Eh? Auie's head tilted a bit, Why should I remember you? Have we met? Wyji felt like a ton of a big rock hit him so hard. "Tch. She doesn't even remember the man who saved her life." He thought to himself.

 

Nevermind. Just go home— Shooo! The reaper waved his right hand as if trying to push away a stray dog. Then the cat on Auie's arms jumped off and ran away; leaving the both of them again.

 

Ahhhh— the cat went off. I was about to introduce her to Coby. her voice was filled of disappointment.
 

Who's Coby? Wyji asked.

 

Why? Anyways, if we're heading the same way then we could walk together.
 

I don't— Wyji could not even finish what he was about to say. Auie held his hand and starts walking. It seems like Wyji lost his strength and let that girl Auie pulls him; his feet were just following her.
 

The reaper could not believe on what is happening. He looks at his hand which Auie was holding, and then he looked up to see the girl's back. It was still clear on his mind that something like this happened before.

 

A-Alluca? mindlessly, Wyji blurted out of the blue.
 

Hmm? Everything went to a slow motion when that girl named Auie turned her head to look back at Wyji. When Auie's finally facing him, an image of Alluca pops out in his head. He badly wants to hug her again. And if only, if only he could do that; he won't even let go of her again. Who are you calling Alluca?

 

Then Wyji snaps back to reality. This is not her. This is not Alluca.

 

Look ouuuuut! A guy riding a bicycle suddenly appears in front of them, shouting.
 

The reaper then swiftly pulled Auie's arm to make her closer to him. The girl finds herself resting her head on Wyji's chest. She felt so happy. She's really sure that he is the same guy who saved her. And he did it again.
 

The guy stopped his bicycle and places it near a bench, running towards them to apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

 

It's okay. We're both fine. Wyji said as he tried to smile to the guy. After that, the guy went off. They both heaved for a sigh.
 

Uhmm--- I'm almost near my house. It's there. The lass pointed out at somewhere and the reaper looked at the direction where she was pointing. The designs were somewhat alike to the houses in England. But it's kinda in a modern style.

 

Thank you. Auie moved away and bows her head to Wyji. Running, she left him to go in front of their house. She was about to gone inside their home when she shouted to the soul-taker that caught his attention. Heeeeey! What's your name?

 

H-Huh? Me? W-Wyji. Err-- Why is I stuttering?
 

I see. Nice to know you, Wyji. I'm Auie. Bye. Then Auie went inside her home, can't help but to smile for she have known the name of the man who saved her. She was like floating on cloud nine.

 

On the other hand, Wyji felt something unusual. When was the last time a mortal called him by his name? It is strange. But then, without him knowing, a smile formed on his lips.