//Chapter VIII

Wyji: Death's Kiss

| The reaper and the Puppet Master. |

— Birmingham, England

— 17th Century

Deep down the city of Birmingham, a house exceptionally emits a very dark aura. With the formation of the fogs that surrounds the area and the flickering light coming from the near post in front of the house, a puppet master lives within.

The reaper doesn't mind the heavy pressure that envelopes the whole place. Switching his head from left to right he silently opens the door as if he was a spy, well basically, he was like one because this is one of his missions.

Upon entering the house, he found nothing but a puppet exactly at the center of the room. A human-sized marionette welcomed him, striking the soul-taker with a creepy look. The Death God carefully ambles towards the doll, observing if there's something weird or suspicious about it.

❝So this is a necromancer's place.❞ Said Wyji who immediately left the marionette after he made sure that the puppet is nothing but a toy.

The reaper roamed around the place, scanning intensively the series of glass jars that are well-organized and placed on the shelves containing different parts of animal bodies as well as human's such as eyes, hands and even internal organs. Varieties of herbs and rare plants can also be found in here.

After observing the place, the reaper felt agitated because of something--- something dark.

Wyji promptly turn his head and cast his eyes over the puppet's spot. Staggered, the reaper noticed that the puppet vanished from its place.

Suddenly, the soul-taker heard swift footsteps ascending upstairs. He instantly followed the noise and went to the second floor of the house.

A creaking sound from the wooden floor greeted him as a woman with a pointed chin, a strange looking mole on her nose, and her wrinkly face that deeply shows how old she is, slowly spitted out by the darkness.

❝I've been expecting you, reaper.❞ the old woman said as she wickedly laughed. ❝Say Mr. Reaper, what can I do for you?❞

❝You see, my work's been a messed since you meddled with it. And I have to take those souls back. So if you don't want us to fight, hand it over.❞ The Death God shows his right hand as if waiting for Merida, the necromancer to give him something.

❝NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I've been collecting them for years and here you are taking them! You're such a fool!❞ The old woman's expression suddenly changed, emitting a much even more darker aura.

❝Then you leave me with no choice.❞ Wyji pulled out his necklace, and his death scythe suddenly appears. A very detailed scythe with a chain surrounding it, a skull at the top which is near to its very sharp blade and a white fire that seems coming from the scythe itself.

❝Hahahahahaha! Then fight me.❞ Merida then moves her fingers, a dozen of marionettes came down as they attacked him with all their might. They are made out of different parts of humans' and animals' bodies. Some have the head of a wolf but have the body of a human and some have the head of a human but have the body of an animal. The reaper could not believe how crazy this old lady was. They swiftly flew towards Wyji's direction, good thing the Death God dodged them by jumping to the right. A puppet holding a sword swung it and almost cut the reaper's ear but then he managed to avoid it, giving him a small cut on his left cheek. ❝Next time, it is your head I am going to cut.❞

❝If you can.❞ It is now the reaper's time to attacked. He held his scythe as high as he can then penetrates the floor using the end of it. A void on the floor suddenly appears and through it, skeletons are now starting to come out. Each now of the skeleton faced the puppet one by one. ❝Can you still manage to control them if I do this?❞

Wyji smirk as he sprint and lash out at the necromancer. Merida widens her eyes as an all-out attack coming from the reaper soon to slash her into two. However, Wyji stopped.

❝Now--- tell me, where are the souls?❞ The reaper asked coldly.

MERIDA then shows where the souls at are. The souls are kept inside a magic mirror which she managed to make by a use of a spell. ❝Very well. Let them out so I can put them at peace.❞

Wyji suddenly stopped. He cannot move his body.

❝You must be wondering why you cannot move. I've been secretly putting my strings all over you while we fight but I guess you didn't notice it.❞ Merida moved her fingers again, making Wyji to raise his arms even if he doesn't want to-- she's controlling him.

❝Now, now---- I think your eyes would be such a great thing to be added in my collection. Why don't you take them for me?❞ Slowly, the reaper's hands started to move close to his eyes, the necromancer is still laughing waiting for the reaper to scoop out his eyes with his own hands..

❝LEO!❞ The reaper blurted out as he called out his scythe. Yes---- that's his Death Scythe's name. Then the necklace moved away from his neck, turning itself to a death scythe, cutting the strings the necromancer put him in. ❝You should have just listen to me when I'm being kind.❞ Wyji gripped his scythe and point it to Merida, she gulped.

The necromancer finally freed the souls inside the magic mirror. The reaper then cites each of the soul's names as he accompanies them to the light. Wyji turned his gaze to Merida and said his last word to her. ❝You shouldn't do this anymore. I am telling you, do this again and I'll surely take you to hell.❞